North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Coaches leaving Sting? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Coaches leaving Sting?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Coaches leaving Sting? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coaches leaving Sting?

Post by Gunners 18/06/14, 09:47 am

aTmAg wrote:I can see a coach being instructed by the club to not play somebody who does not pay.  But if a girl walks away from a team, what is the coach supposed to do?  Repo their car in the middle of the night?  It's BS to dock their pay in that case.  It would makes sense if the coach defies the club and plays the player anyway.

The coach can do whatever he wants (from what I've seen anyway).  He will just be docked for the amount that the team "shorts" the club.  If he's willing to abide by the reduction in pay then he can play the kid or whatever.  I've absolutely seen this happen at multiple clubs as well.

Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 18/06/14, 09:50 am

And that is one big reason that coaches are leaving Sting in droves. Perhaps that way of doing things is not good if you want to keep good coaches at your club.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 18/06/14, 09:52 am

aTmAg wrote:And that is one big reason that coaches are leaving Sting in droves.  Perhaps that way of doing things is not good if you want to keep good coaches at your club.

You're missing my point. The Texans would handle this type of financial situation the exact same way...this I know for a fact.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 18/06/14, 10:00 am

Solar handled the situation the exact same way when my son was playing two years ago.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 18/06/14, 10:00 am

Before moving from Sting to Texans, there was a meeting where somebody impartial was brought in who had worked for both organizations (and no longer works for either). That person satisfactorily answered whatever questions and concerns they had enough that they chose to leave Sting and join Texans. If both clubs were basically the same, as you imply, then I doubt they would have left. Fitzgerald particularly. He had invested a lot of time, effort, and reputation into the club overall.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 18/06/14, 10:07 am

*shrug*

I'm stating facts that are widely known.  Believe what you want.

Btw this isn't my taking up for Sting. This is simply my trying to inform you of how things are at virtually every club in the area.

If Jay has moved to Texans then I wish him nothing but the best. He is a great guy.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 18/06/14, 10:13 am

The facts are this: a buttload of coaches left Sting and joined Texans. It's not a case of one guy here, another one there. There is probably a legit reason behind it. Given how Coralli is in trouble with the law and probably getting fined, it would make sense that the reasons are primarily financial.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/06/14, 10:17 am

Gunners wrote:*shrug*

I'm stating facts that are widely known.  Believe what you want.

Btw this isn't my taking up for Sting.  This is simply my trying to inform you of how things are at virtually every club in the area.

If Jay has moved to Texans then I wish him nothing but the best.  He is a great guy.

Agree that what is described financially in the other posts is how it is handled at virtually all other large clubs.

May want to fact check exactly how it is being handled at Sting these days and if it indeed does align with the other clubs, or if they have a different wrinkle on it?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 18/06/14, 10:22 am

The coaches who left sting the past few weeks have been with Sting for a long time. About 7 years in most cases. If things were the same now as they always have been, why would they wait this long to leave? It seems to me that the obvious answer is that something is different now than it used to be. And it can't be said that these coaches are all leaving because of Jay leaving. Richardson left prior and went to a different club than Jay. Something this year has universally pissed off a lot of long term coaches.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 18/06/14, 10:51 am

Gunners wrote:
aTmAg wrote:I can see a coach being instructed by the club to not play somebody who does not pay.  But if a girl walks away from a team, what is the coach supposed to do?  Repo their car in the middle of the night?  It's BS to dock their pay in that case.  It would makes sense if the coach defies the club and plays the player anyway.

The coach can do whatever he wants (from what I've seen anyway).  He will just be docked for the amount that the team "shorts" the club.  If he's willing to abide by the reduction in pay then he can play the kid or whatever.  I've absolutely seen this happen at multiple clubs as well.

I have heard this as well, many clubs do dock coach's if the player does not pay.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 18/06/14, 11:17 am

There is more to it than that. If a coach decides that his team is not ready for the QT or some other high end tournament and instead wants to use that money to sign the team up to a lower level tournament, should Sting be able to just take that tournament money away? The parents originally paid for it after all. Or what if one coach is suspended from LH and another coach fills in during LH games with the agreement that Sting will pay the 2nd coach for his time, but instead decides to just skip out on paying? Or what if Sting entices a coach of a young team to join the club because, "our name brand and staff will help in recruiting". Yet when that doesn't happen and the team is unable to sign the number of players that Sting requires, for Sting to then dock the coach his pay for the difference? These are cases I know of firsthand.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TankXP 18/06/14, 11:24 am

MaggieMaggie wrote:
Gunners wrote:

I have heard this as well, many clubs do dock coach's if the player does not pay.

I totally agree. The contract is with the club. The coach is doing a job, and deserves to be paid, regardless.
TankXP
TankXP
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 18/06/14, 01:18 pm

aTmAg wrote:Before moving from Sting to Texans, there was a meeting where somebody impartial was brought in who had worked for both organizations (and no longer works for either).  That person satisfactorily answered whatever questions and concerns they had enough that they chose to leave Sting and join Texans.  If both clubs were basically the same, as you imply, then I doubt they would have left.  Fitzgerald particularly.  He had invested a lot of time, effort, and reputation into the club overall.  

Did you type, with a straight face, that in a meeting motivated to have Sting parents consider (be sold) on going to Texans, that Texans brought in an "Impartial" person to mediate? HA HA.. Good one.. On that note, I have some untapped Oil Land out here in Garland I will be willing to let you have for cheap. Please PM me for the details

Your emotions are showing through with your assertive postings on this one. But hey, that is what the site is for. In yet another post you said that Sting is losing coaches in droves... Well.. They still have:

Tatu
Medina
Hilton
Gutierrez
Flanagan
Higgy
Fereti
Skip
Guzman
Brown
Trini
Harr
Among others...

And these are in Dallas alone.. NO CLUB can even come close on the girls side.. Period!!

Texans did get Q and he is a big name.. But he is the 4th person in the girls DOC/ENCL role in 5 years??? And they wrote a blank check to pull it off.. While you're talking money, great move for Q....

Time will always tell, so get your emotions in check.. You also said you had first hand info?? Are you a Coach? Well no, you are not. So, you received that info from a coach who felt slighted and moved. Guess what, in the history of the world, NTX Soccer Coaches have ALWAYS cried foul when they sell their teams on following them to another club...

If you are in this for College, then you can't go wrong with Texans, Sting or Feet.. So you are in a good spot. Good luck
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliceinsoccerland 18/06/14, 01:25 pm

Always two sides to a coin, just depends which side you are looking at. Sting will be fine and so will the Texans. Hope all the coaches are happy where they are at because if they are happy they will provide my DD with a better coaching experience.
Aliceinsoccerland
Aliceinsoccerland
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 18/06/14, 01:43 pm

Did you type, with a straight face, that in a meeting motivated to have Sting parents consider (be sold) on going to Texans, that Texans brought in an "Impartial" person to mediate? HA HA.. Good one..
No.  The Sting coaches, when discussing amongst themselves about whether or not they should leave Sting and join Texans or not, brang in somebody they felt were impartial to help them make their decision. Parents were told after the fact, "we are leaving.. who's with us?" And pretty everybody was.

You also said you had first hand info??
And no.. Kyle O'Keefe wasn't trying to sell anybody on another club.  He left Sting altogether and is not coaching anybody at the moment.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/06/14, 02:00 pm

I posted the following back in Feb in the thread about JD moving from FCD to Sting, right after Higgy moved his top '02 team from Texans to Sting...

"Coaching roster at Sting is getting pretty full... Will be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next 1-2 years..."

IMHO, all of this is just a combination of too much competition for $$$/upward mobility/high profile opportunity/"is my voice being heard".

This is typical evolutional behavior for any organization whether it's a soccer club or a multi-national conglomerate.

Losing coaches like Q and Jay is a hit, but as SoccerSounder showed, Sting still has plenty of powder in the keg and has clearly shown the ability to attract top coaching talent in recent months.

Solar and Texans have gone through similar periods with larger than "normal" turnover in recent years, and all of them come out fine on the other end...

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 18/06/14, 02:16 pm

This is just a question about the parents not paying and which the club feels should come out of the coach's pocket,

I'm not taking a club's side, but what if said coach has multiple teams and doesn't come to some of the games, practices, tourneys, etc. due to conflicts? Is the coach not fulfilling his responsibilities to the club to provide the services that they signed up for? Do clubs use this as partial justification on docking a coach especially if a parent(s) are unhappy about the coach's absence and refuses to pay because of lack of promised services?

I'm just wondering.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 18/06/14, 02:43 pm

soccersounder wrote: In yet another post you said that Sting is losing coaches in droves... Well.. They still have:

Tatu
Medina
Hilton
Gutierrez
Flanagan
Higgy
Fereti
Skip
Guzman
Brown
Trini
Harr
Among others...

And these are in Dallas alone.. NO CLUB can even come close on the girls side.. Period!!

Cool 

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 18/06/14, 02:50 pm

...in running gambling rings

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 18/06/14, 03:40 pm

soccersounder wrote:
aTmAg wrote:Before moving from Sting to Texans, there was a meeting where somebody impartial was brought in who had worked for both organizations (and no longer works for either).  That person satisfactorily answered whatever questions and concerns they had enough that they chose to leave Sting and join Texans.  If both clubs were basically the same, as you imply, then I doubt they would have left.  Fitzgerald particularly.  He had invested a lot of time, effort, and reputation into the club overall.  

Did you type, with a straight face, that in a meeting motivated to have Sting parents consider (be sold) on going to Texans, that Texans brought in an "Impartial" person to mediate? HA HA.. Good one.. On that note, I have some untapped Oil Land out here in Garland I will be willing to let you have for cheap. Please PM me for the details

Your emotions are showing through with your assertive postings on this one. But hey, that is what the site is for. In yet another post you said that Sting is losing coaches in droves... Well.. They still have:

Tatu
Medina
Hilton
Gutierrez
Flanagan
Higgy
Fereti
Skip
Guzman
Brown
Trini
Harr
Among others...

Texans did get Q and he is a big name.. But he is the 4th person in the girls DOC/ENCL role in 5 years??? And they wrote a blank check to pull it off.. While you're talking money, great move for Q....

Time will always tell, so get your emotions in check.. You also said you had first hand info?? Are you a Coach? Well no, you are not. So, you received that info from a coach who felt slighted and moved. Guess what, in the history of the world, NTX Soccer Coaches have ALWAYS cried foul when they sell their teams on following them to another club...

If you are in this for College, then you can't go wrong with Texans, Sting or Feet.. So you are in a good spot. Good luck

I really think there is an overall issue with the big clubs and the West and South. There does not seem to be much oversight nor really much interest in developing the area. There are enough parents willing to make the 1 1/2 hour rush hour drive north 2-3 times a week for practice and again on the weekends for games that the clubs don't see a need beyond setting up a virtual West Division - South Division. FWFC is the largest club in the area and they have suffered some losses to the older ages over the years primarily due to the lack of ECNL and DA eligibility. IMO, until one of the big clubs sets up a real training facility in the West or South you will continue to have this kind of turmoil every few years. Personally, I think DTS is the next Sting W.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 18/06/14, 03:48 pm

aTmAg wrote:...in running gambling rings

You deserve more credit for that joke, lol  Laughing

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 18/06/14, 03:51 pm

How is Sting North division doing?  Any movement there?

They were created about a year ago...correct?
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TallTexxan 19/06/14, 01:33 pm

tpitty wrote:
soccersounder wrote: In yet another post you said that Sting is losing coaches in droves... Well.. They still have:

Tatu
Medina
Hilton
Gutierrez
Flanagan
Higgy
Fereti
Skip
Guzman
Brown
Trini
Harr
Among others...

Cool 

You had me until you listed Skip...
TallTexxan
TallTexxan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad 19/06/14, 01:54 pm

Skip is a two for one. His Daughter has a team as well. She is actually an excellent coach from what I can tell.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 19/06/14, 03:05 pm

fatherofoneplayer wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

Tatu
Medina
Hilton
Gutierrez
Flanagan
Higgy
Fereti
Skip
Guzman
Brown
Trini
Harr
Among others...

I really think there is an overall issue with the big clubs and the West and South. There does not seem to be much oversight nor really much interest in developing the area. There are enough parents willing to make the 1 1/2 hour rush hour drive north 2-3 times a week for practice and again on the weekends for games that the clubs don't see a need beyond setting up a virtual West Division - South Division. FWFC is the largest club in the area and they have suffered some losses to the older ages over the years primarily due to the lack of ECNL and DA eligibility. IMO, until one of the big clubs sets up a real training facility in the West or South you will continue to have this kind of turmoil every few years. Personally, I think DTS is the next Sting W.

DOTS, if you're right about that, atmag might spontaneously combust..
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 19/06/14, 03:20 pm

How would anything he said make me combust? I have nothing to do with DTS.

and, BTW I disagree with the "real training facility" part. Texas Star is a damn nice facility. The fields there are better than where we play most our games.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next