North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NTX Seeding Showdown attendees - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

NTX Seeding Showdown attendees

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NTX Seeding Showdown attendees - Page 4 Empty Re: NTX Seeding Showdown attendees

Post by KnKsDad 13/07/14, 12:48 pm

Used2bKix wrote:
go99 wrote:the various seeding tournaments are for teams looking to put a little polish on their play or teams that lack the body of work and want to improve their seeding.

You almost typed that with what seems like conviction...but if that was the case for sure we know damn well Dalglish needs to be in one...

It could very well be tradition or taking the opportunity to actually "play" before the league starts...as a "select" squad.

But of course your DD's squad is the only one locked loaded and ready to aim at any target, no need for any polish tho right?

I'm just being "stirrish"Go...don't mind me lol...

and Go, what body of work are we talking about? With all the supposed player movement and possible dilution of talent through the creation of some high profile new teams, does any team really have an established body of work post 7/1? Rhetorical question. So Kix, I agree with you and others with respect to Dalglish skipping out based on a supposed #5 FBR ranking. They may very well be that good, but how many top 10 FBR ranked teams have they even played since 5/1? Yet they should be bequeathed (sp?) a top seed in QT?  At least RASE played in a recent high level 04 tournament. If body of work is the frame of reference, then it should be as recent as possible, and how more recent could it get than Tut.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

NTX Seeding Showdown attendees - Page 4 Empty Re: NTX Seeding Showdown attendees

Post by kick_tha_ball 13/07/14, 01:01 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:I would go for that.  Seed RASE wherever they like.  Doesn't really matter who we send into the second weekend.  An even crazier idea might be someone convince the top 10 teams to make their own league.  LHGCL only matters because it has all of the top teams.  Mess with the seeding and take that away and its just an overpriced league with bad officiating, fields, and customer service.

An alternative league consisting of top ranked teams is not a crazy idea, one that is based on the merit of the individual team, not political B.S. It would take someone with the time and pockets to set it up.

What is this, all the BIG BOY football programs breaking away from the NCAA. This is kids soccer. So we are at the point of telling 10 year old girls that they are no better than their friends. They do that on their own. They don't need to hear it from us DUMB .SS parents.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan 13/07/14, 06:51 pm

Had a chance to catch a 9:30 game this morning - my DD wasn't playing but we were out there for a game and decided to watch.

What an embarrassing display by one group of parents.  Admittedly, not the best officiated game I have seen (but far from the worst), but you would think every call or non-call was a personal affront to the parents.  Saw the ref miss a couple calls, but it looked pretty even - a couple parents appeared actually outraged by the calls.  Then it got personal - one woman called the opposing team "cheaters" from a non-call she apparently didn't like, they were calling the ref "grandpa" - just utterly disrespectful.  At one point the ref had to call down the parents - probably not the best decision, but the incessant dissent was ridiculous.  Felt bad for the girls (and non-offending parents) who have to spend the next year playing for these obnoxious boors.

The will not be a pleasant bunch this year when they experience some LHGCL referees - or God forbid, they don't qualify and we get to enjoy their obnoxiousness in PPL.

soccerfan
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/07/14, 08:20 pm

In two years or so...this will have all been justa memory. Parents are acting like their girls can't start loving volleyball, track,academics,softball, basketball, and god forbid....boys...
PM me when girls under the age of 13 start getting full rides to universities

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 13/07/14, 08:48 pm

Used2bKix wrote:In two years or so...this will have all been justa memory. Parents are acting like their girls can't start loving volleyball, track,academics,softball, basketball, and god forbid....boys...
PM me when girls under the age of 13 start getting full rides to universities
Yours hasn't already?  Shocked 
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/07/14, 09:40 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:
go99 wrote:the various seeding tournaments are for teams looking to put a little polish on their play or teams that lack the body of work and want to improve their seeding.

You almost typed that with what seems like conviction...but if that was the case for sure we know damn well Dalglish needs to be in one...

It could very well be tradition or taking the opportunity to actually "play" before the league starts...as a "select" squad.

But of course your DD's squad is the only one locked loaded and ready to aim at any target, no need for any polish tho right?

I'm just being "stirrish"Go...don't mind me lol...

and Go, what body of work are we talking about? With all the supposed player movement and possible dilution of talent through the creation of some high profile new teams, does any team really have an established body of work post 7/1? Rhetorical question. So Kix, I agree with you and others with respect to Dalglish skipping out based on a supposed #5 FBR ranking. They may very well be that good, but how many top 10 FBR ranked teams have they even played since 5/1? Yet they should be bequeathed (sp?) a top seed in QT?  At least RASE played in a recent high level 04 tournament. If body of work is the frame of reference, then it should be as recent as possible, and how more recent could it get than Tut.

Again most of the top teams haven't had that much player movement. So maybe these new high profile new teams could use the opportunity to show something on the field. But look at LFS, RASE, Dalglish, TX spirit, (rumors of big changes at DTS) and you will see rosters that have been fairly stable over time
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/07/14, 09:44 pm

DTS in tact...very much in tact.... Bleeee'dat (that's slang for believe that!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 14/07/14, 08:41 am

soccerfan wrote:Had a chance to catch a 9:30 game this morning - my DD wasn't playing but we were out there for a game and decided to watch.

What an embarrassing display by one group of parents.  Admittedly, not the best officiated game I have seen (but far from the worst), but you would think every call or non-call was a personal affront to the parents.  Saw the ref miss a couple calls, but it looked pretty even - a couple parents appeared actually outraged by the calls.  Then it got personal - one woman called the opposing team "cheaters" from a non-call she apparently didn't like, they were calling the ref "grandpa" - just utterly disrespectful.  At one point the ref had to call down the parents - probably not the best decision, but the incessant dissent was ridiculous.  Felt bad for the girls (and non-offending parents) who have to spend the next year playing for these obnoxious boors.

The will not be a pleasant bunch this year when they experience some LHGCL referees - or God forbid, they don't qualify and we get to enjoy their obnoxiousness in PPL.

What game and who were the teams?  Spill the beans first time poster.  Your anonymity is secure.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by offside 14/07/14, 12:55 pm

I believe they were referring to the FC Dallas Youth White game (against D'Feeters White).  Heard some of the FC Dallas parents were a little "animated".

offside
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Toadster 14/07/14, 02:41 pm

All,

I was at the 9:30 game warming up with my daughter and we heard rumblings from both sets of parents.
TatonkaBurger if you are embarressed by the little that was said by both sets of parents you have not been around athletics in the state of TX for very long.  The display on both sidelines Sunday morning was tame compared to what goes on week in and week out throughout the metroplex.
One last thing I also noticed that the referee engaged with a quipe of his own (don't recall which set of parents) which a refereee should never do.
Once you engage with a a sarcastic remark to a group of frustrated parents you open yourself up to what comes next.

Last edited by Toadster on 14/07/14, 02:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to fill in last blanks)

Toadster
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 14/07/14, 02:57 pm

Sounds like the parental feud is continuing after the game...Tatonka was just jabbing "soccerfan" for their first-ever post (yeah, right) digging into the parents of another team by hiding behind an alias. Then you, Toadster, come along with YOUR first post (yeah, right) defending said parents...(yeah...you were warming up...)
Do you folks think that we experienced posters can't see through your antics? If you have something to say, say it under your "real" name.

Sounds to me like it was a close fought, physical game where the ref let a lot of fouls go unpunished. A parent side that has spent the last 2 hours trying to psych-up their 10 yr old in anticipation of a tough game gets the adrenaline going too...they just have nowhere to channel it, except toward cheering and yelling at the ref. It happens all to often in many sports, not just soccer. But...gotta be careful not to step over that line. Personally, some jeering from the sideline on a questionable call is expected...but to LHGCL, that's a violation of their zero-tolerance policy. I imagine some of these parents from different teams will learn their lesson very soon.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 14/07/14, 02:59 pm

Toadster wrote:All,

I was at the 9:30 game warming up with my daughter and we heard rumblings from both sets of parents.
TatonkaBurger if you are embarressed by the little that was said by both sets of parents you have not been around athletics in the state of TX for very long.  The display on both sidelines Sunday morning was tame compared to what goes on week in and week out throughout the metroplex.
One last thing I also noticed that the referee engaged with a quipe of his own (don't recall which set of parents) which a refereee should never do.
Once you engage with a a sarcastic remark to a group of frustrated parents you open yourself up to what comes next.

Right on! Give that ref what he deserved....Kids need to learn how to handle these types of situations.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer chick 14/07/14, 03:02 pm

so excited to see the new posters join the forum lol

seems to me that parents need to settle it down. refs need to be confident and the leagues need to be more mindful to what is going on.

looking forward to seeing what kind of crazy will happen over the next 4 weeks
soccer chick
soccer chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerF@n 14/07/14, 03:08 pm

Come on 10sdad, you have never randomly been at random 10 year old girls soccer game and seen something so atrocious at said soccer game that you, after reflecting upon it, went home and searched for the perfect forum to vent your frustration, found such a forum and created an account so you could anonymously chastise a group of parents for their heinous actions???? Never?!?!  lol! 

$occerF@n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 14/07/14, 03:32 pm

Toadster wrote:I was at the 9:30 game warming up with my daughter and we heard rumblings from both sets of parents.

No embarassment here.  I was not at the game but just wanted to hear who these terrible parents were.  If it is going to be mentioned on these forums, call a team out by name.  And by the way Toadster, I totally believe that you were just warming up with your DD and not one of the crazy parents.   Wink 

10sDad wrote:Sounds like the parental feud is continuing after the game...Tatonka was just jabbing "soccerfan" for their first-ever post (yeah, right) digging into the parents of another team by hiding behind an alias.  Then you, Toadster, come along with YOUR first post (yeah, right) defending said parents...

Thanks 10sDad.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 14/07/14, 04:06 pm

soccer chick wrote:so excited to see the new posters join the forum lol

seems to me that parents need to settle it down.  refs need to be confident and the leagues need to be more mindful to what is going on.  

I'm sorry....I missed your point you look familiar.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 14/07/14, 04:11 pm

Given LP Dalglish can just scrimmage RASE any day of the week and RASE can scrimmage 03 RASE plus 03 boys in the club, I kinda see go99's point that $600 for a tournament when you can get the prep work taken care of in your own back yard seems a bit pointless.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/14, 04:21 pm

Thats like the liverpool tournaments that are mostly liverpool teams. Why dont they just call em friendlies and not charge. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer cluck 14/07/14, 04:26 pm

soccer chick wrote:

seems to me that parents need to settle it down.  refs need to be confident and the leagues need to be more mindful to what is going on.  

read very S-L-O-W-L-Y. parents: quit being jerks. refs - stand by your calls and be confident in them. leagues: put some quality control in place.

pretty basic. not sure how you can miss the point from soccer chick, I mean chuck, I mean cluck.
soccer cluck
soccer cluck
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Toadster 14/07/14, 04:32 pm

Go Soccer Cluck very well said

Toadster
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/07/14, 04:55 pm

the7wolf wrote:Given LP Dalglish can just scrimmage RASE any day of the week and RASE can scrimmage 03 RASE plus 03 boys in the club, I kinda see go99's point that $600 for a tournament when you can get the prep work taken care of in your own back yard seems a bit pointless.

Prep work ehhhhhhh yeah....but sometimes family scrimmages just doesn't quite bring out the intensity that some rival team trying to smash you does. Besides...I don't think they mix that RASE/Dalglish thing too much...it would be kind of a "conflict of interest" per say...but I'm just guessing though.

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 14/07/14, 05:52 pm

Borussia wrote:Thats like the liverpool tournaments that are mostly liverpool teams.  Why dont they just call em friendlies and not charge. LOL

You have to pay for their special scheduler to give you 12 conflicts out of 16 games. It's "excelleant"!

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 14/07/14, 06:28 pm

soccer cluck wrote:soccer chick wrote:

read very S-L-O-W-L-Y. parents: quit being jerks. refs - stand by your calls and be confident in them.  leagues: put some quality control in place.  

pretty basic.  not sure how you can miss the point from soccer chick, I mean chuck, I mean cluck.

Alright I gotcha now....we are on the same sheet. Like two peas in a pod or maybe two balls in a sack.  Basketball Basketball 
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 14/07/14, 09:46 pm

Borussia wrote:Thats like the liverpool tournaments that are mostly liverpool teams.  Why dont they just call em friendlies and not charge. LOL

Good one. And they'll never stand alone there.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 14/07/14, 10:18 pm

Used2bKix wrote:
the7wolf wrote:Given LP Dalglish can just scrimmage RASE any day of the week and RASE can scrimmage 03 RASE plus 03 boys in the club, I kinda see go99's point that $600 for a tournament when you can get the prep work taken care of in your own back yard seems a bit pointless.

Prep work ehhhhhhh yeah....but sometimes family scrimmages just doesn't quite bring out the intensity that some rival team trying to smash you does. Besides...I don't think they mix that RASE/Dalglish thing too much...it would be kind of a "conflict of interest" per say...but I'm just guessing though.

Right. Just because they can doesn't mean they do. And I agree, they can do the prep work anyway they want, but that wasn't the point I was challenging. It was the suggestion that the past "body of work" reflected in the last FBR ranking should justify a top seeding despite no recent body of work. A top of the bracket seeding from a #5 ranking vs a top of a bracket seeding from let's say a #12 ranking presents two different levels of challenge. As competitive as this 04 group is, especially in the "top 20", it could make a difference in where a team ends up. If the LH folks want to see performance with a fixed roster, then so be it. If performance is going to play a big factor then so should no performance.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 14/07/14, 10:42 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:

Right. Just because they can doesn't mean they do. And I agree, they can do the prep work anyway they want, but that wasn't the point I was challenging. It was the suggestion that the past "body of work" reflected in the last FBR ranking should justify a top seeding despite no recent body of work. A top of the bracket seeding from a #5 ranking vs a top of a bracket seeding from let's say a #12 ranking presents two different levels of challenge. As competitive as this 04 group is, especially in the "top 20", it could make a difference in where a team ends up. If the LH folks want to see performance with a fixed roster, then so be it. If performance is going to play a big factor then so should no performance.

So knk. You ALWAYS have something choice to say about RASE and or Dalglish. Did our 10 year old kids upset you sometime?  Are you upset that two of your former players are w LP now?   I could be wrong but I don't ever recall any of our parents on either team saying anything negative about your team?  You feel so inclined to always in every  post  put some type of negative spin on things.  You know what they say. If you don't have something nice to say then well you obviously don't know the rest!

Oh and I think our coach is qualified to make decisions for our teams. But if your so confident you can do better as your opinion infers then feel free to call him and discuss your vast soccer knowledge w him
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next