North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Which 04 teams did not make? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Which 04 teams did not make?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which 04 teams did not make? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which 04 teams did not make?

Post by Lefty 11/07/14, 11:37 am

ph223047 wrote:
soccer chuck wrote:Good to see two coaches working together to make it work.

The coaches at FC Dallas try hard to work together in order to make sure that players are placed on the appropriate team, and are given the opportunity to excel and move within the program.

If you think that is the case, keep smoking the stuff and drinking the Kool-Aid you got, as you are on to some good stuff.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by GO999 11/07/14, 12:15 pm

Lefty wrote:
ph223047 wrote:

The coaches at FC Dallas try hard to work together in order to make sure that players are placed on the appropriate team, and are given the opportunity to excel and move within the program.

If you think that is the case, keep smoking the stuff and drinking the Kool-Aid you got, as you are on to some good stuff.

Are we in the wrong program?

We assumed all decisions were made in the kids best interest here. The free Kool Aid at the front gate is really good also.  Neutral 
GO999
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ph223047 11/07/14, 02:37 pm

Interesting list of a few teams NOT playing Tut or the Seeding tournament.

After sorting through those coaching changes at Sting (of course, given the issues with Gutierrez and Diaz)

Where are:

Kicks
Lady Aztecs
Sting North DeLeon

Any of these teams unable to to get to 14 for qualifying so took a pass on Tut?
ph223047
ph223047
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 11/07/14, 04:46 pm

Kicks 04 and a few others.

NTX Seeding Tournament:

https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=39422&Gender=Girls&Age=11
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/14, 07:23 pm

header1 wrote:
Lefty wrote:
ph223047 wrote:

Are we in the wrong program?

We assumed all decisions were made in the kids best interest here.  The free Kool Aid at the front gate is really good also.   Neutral 
It's hard to turn down free Kool Aid, just ask everyone at Jonestown....ummm....on second thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 14/07/14, 12:52 pm

10sDad wrote:I see Kicks are in the Seeding Showdown, which was locked-down rosters and minimum 14...so looks like they are good to go too.  AND I got a PM that Spirit North was good on their numbers.  So all 3 teams that I heard as being borderline ended up making...good news!  

I was told Kicks had only 12 players playing this past weekend.  I don't see anywhere in the rules you needed a minimum of 14 players to participate.

"3. Each team must have a minimum of 8 eligible players to start a game, 7 players to continue play"

Is this correct?

Last edited by Son_ofa_Pitch on 14/07/14, 01:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 14/07/14, 12:56 pm

II. TEAM FORMATION
A. Roster Size: The maximum number of players on a roster in the Under 11 and Under
12 age divisions is sixteen (16). The maximum number of players on a roster in the
Under 13 through Under 15 age divisions is eighteen (18). The maximum number of
players on a roster in the Under 16 through Under 19 age divisions is twenty-two
(22). The minimum number of players necessary for a team to register for LHGCL,
in all age groups, is fourteen (14).
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 14/07/14, 12:59 pm

You are referring to LHGCL.. I'm referring to NTX Seeding Tournament. Unless we see a applied teams list for LHGCL, we don't know who is in.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 14/07/14, 01:07 pm

I think you got me on that one....I just went back and looked at the seeding tourney stuff, and it doesn't have a minimum roster size listed - I guess I just assumed....and I saw Kicks with only 12 this weekend as well....are they still at risk? If so, they have less than 4 days until the QT rosters are frozen.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 14/07/14, 01:10 pm

Any word on Lady Aztecs? Heard they are slim in numbers as well..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 14/07/14, 02:21 pm

10sDad wrote:I think you got me on that one....I just went back and looked at the seeding tourney stuff, and it doesn't have a minimum roster size listed - I guess I just assumed....and I saw Kicks with only 12 this weekend as well....are they still at risk?  If so, they have less than 4 days until the QT rosters are frozen.

Kicks 04 is registered for QT and they have 14 on roster.  I heard they had a player injured and a player out of town.  I watch a couple of their games this weekend and they look like they are learning how to play possession soccer. Very impressed with the job Coach Edgar is doing with this group.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 14/07/14, 10:48 pm

10sDad wrote:I heard names like Mustangs, Kicks and Spirit North batted around a couple weeks ago as being borderline...but a lot can change in a couple of hours, let alone a couple weeks.

It makes sense though, as these teams were probably in the same situation as any other single-team club/division.  In multi-team situations, you can always "promote" a kid to the "A" team and make your 14.  That may leave the "B" team a bit short, but you only need 12 for PPL, and the deadline is later.

Just now getting around to reading this. Had I read it last week, I would have jammed you up then. I know you've since issued a couple of "retractive" type posts, but just thought I'd give you a response from someone who does know. Spirit North was never borderline. Who was that you heard that from again? Probably just some wishful thinking from someone who was trying to poach. The only question with us was who would actually be on the roster and how strong that roster would be, which was likely the case with a myriad of teams out there.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/07/14, 08:14 am

I actually have to give the '04's some props here...

In the '01's-'03's, at least 1 or 2 teams that were consensus top 20 teams during U10 Spring league play, ended up imploding/merging after the Spring and didn't make it to QT.

To the best of my knowledge, the only '04 team in the top 25-30 from this Spring that doesn't look like they are going to make it to QT is Dallas Rush/Sting Central DeLeon.

Kudos to the '04 coaches and parents for keeping it together.

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 15/07/14, 08:27 am

KnKsDad wrote:
10sDad wrote:I heard names like Mustangs, Kicks and Spirit North batted around a couple weeks ago as being borderline...but a lot can change in a couple of hours, let alone a couple weeks.

It makes sense though, as these teams were probably in the same situation as any other single-team club/division.  In multi-team situations, you can always "promote" a kid to the "A" team and make your 14.  That may leave the "B" team a bit short, but you only need 12 for PPL, and the deadline is later.

Just now getting around to reading this. Had I read it last week, I would have jammed you up then. I know you've since issued a couple of "retractive" type posts, but just thought I'd give you a response from someone who does know. Spirit North was never borderline. Who was that you heard that from again? Probably just some wishful thinking from someone who was trying to poach. The only question with us was who would actually be on the roster and how strong that roster would be, which was likely the case with a myriad of teams out there.
KnKsDad - it was never my intention to accuse anyone of anything (and especially get jammed up)  Laughing . This topic has been on lots of folks minds over the last few weeks, and this thread was not getting much momentum. So...I have acquaintences on lots of teams, and we chat at the fields during tournaments, etc...I really don't consider any of them a "reliable" source by themself, but if I hear the same name from multiple sources, it sticks in my head - and I begin to wonder if there is a shred of truth to that rumor. I heard about plenty of teams that were below FBR #50, but the topic was regarding rumors about top 20 or so. As I stated earlier, those were the 3 names that I heard most frequently from the gossipers regarding top 30 teams. Apparently, the rumors I heard were just that...rumors. Go figure.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 15/07/14, 08:34 am

bwgophers wrote:I actually have to give the '04's some props here...

In the '01's-'03's, at least 1 or 2 teams that were consensus top 20 teams during U10 Spring league play, ended up imploding/merging after the Spring and didn't make it to QT.

To the best of my knowledge, the only '04 team in the top 25-30 from this Spring that doesn't look like they are going to make it to QT is Dallas Rush/Sting Central DeLeon.

Deleon - Karma is a wonderful thing.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 16/07/14, 09:30 am

PurplePonyPower wrote:

BWG- to clarify the facts, DeLeon's core group, who have been together for sometime now- are actually in the QT, but as a merged team with Cuevas. This occurred at the end of Spring. The team DeLeon has now is not the same as the spring team, is fairly new and has probably elected not to pursue QT or possibly LHGCL this season.

PPP- care to elaborate on the "karma" comment? Must still be holding on to that grudge...grow up.

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/07/14, 09:56 am

FieldofDreams wrote:
PurplePonyPower wrote:

BWG- to clarify the facts, DeLeon's core group, who have been together for sometime now- are actually in the QT, but as a merged team with Cuevas. This occurred at the end of Spring. The team DeLeon has now is not the same as the spring team, is fairly new and has probably elected not to pursue QT or possibly LHGCL this season.

PPP- care to elaborate on the "karma" comment? Must still be holding on to that grudge...grow up.

No dig was intended at the DeLeon team. The point was simply that they were a "standalone" team during the Spring that was consistently in the top 25, and now that team does not exist heading into QT.

My point was that in the '01's-'03's, there were at least 1-2 "mergers" and/or "implosions" of top 10-20 teams between Spring season end and QT in each of those years. While for the most part, the '04's kept it together until you got down closer to 25.

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 16/07/14, 10:10 am

bwgophers wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:
PurplePonyPower wrote:

No dig was intended at the DeLeon team.  The point was simply that they were a "standalone" team during the Spring that was consistently in the top 25, and now that team does not exist heading into QT.  

My point was that in the '01's-'03's, there were at least 1-2 "mergers" and/or "implosions" of top 10-20 teams between Spring season end and QT in each of those years.  While for the most part, the '04's kept it together until you got down closer to 25.

BWG, all good, didn't take it as a dig. Just wanted to clarify. Others, though, feel the need to continue putting coaches down for past issues, ie, lack of paperwork in a tournament, registration errors or the fact that their DD, or friend's DD, did not make the cut (as a result of themselves, not the playing ability of the DD). I guess it is what it is...

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 04:47 pm

FieldofDreams wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
FieldofDreams wrote:
PurplePonyPower wrote:

No dig was intended at the DeLeon team.  The point was simply that they were a "standalone" team during the Spring that was consistently in the top 25, and now that team does not exist heading into QT.  

My point was that in the '01's-'03's, there were at least 1-2 "mergers" and/or "implosions" of top 10-20 teams between Spring season end and QT in each of those years.  While for the most part, the '04's kept it together until you got down closer to 25.

BWG, all good, didn't take it as a dig. Just wanted to clarify. Others, though, feel the need to continue putting coaches down for past issues, ie, lack of paperwork in a tournament, registration errors or the fact that their DD, or friend's DD, did not make the cut (as a result of themselves, not the playing ability of the DD). I guess it is what it is...

Soo triple p..I think what's being said here is you might be the problem...pay no mind to this silliness. Lets get together and discuss why these coaches don't see the light. I like ponies and my favorite color is purple. I'm in stable b. lets show the jacka$$s how to run a team. Then we can talk about karma...if you know what I mean.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 06:01 pm

10sDad wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:

KnKsDad - it was never my intention to accuse anyone of anything (and especially get jammed up)  Laughing .  This topic has been on lots of folks minds over the last few weeks, and this thread was not getting much momentum.  So...I have acquaintences on lots of teams, and we chat at the fields during tournaments, etc...I really don't consider any of them a "reliable" source by themself, but if I hear the same name from multiple sources, it sticks in my head - and I begin to wonder if there is a shred of truth to that rumor.  I heard about plenty of teams that were below FBR #50, but the topic was regarding rumors about top 20 or so.  As I stated earlier, those were the 3 names that I heard most frequently from the gossipers regarding top 30 teams.  Apparently, the rumors I heard were just that...rumors.  Go figure.

My fault dude. Looking back, I overeacted a bit in my response. I was a little too sensitive, which was heightened by it being late in the evening and a few straw-ber-rita's. Good thing it wasn't a couple of martinis..

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 06:31 pm

Conversely, is there any previous precedent on the number of new teams forming during that same basic period like we have had - ie, FCD Central (I know they had some starting pieces), Stark, Wolfanneck coupled with the effects that may have had such as dilution of talent, etc.?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 16/07/14, 06:53 pm

All those borrowed players, a non existent roster, coming back to bite you on the a**!

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 07:05 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:All those borrowed players, a non existent roster, coming back to bite you on the a**!

yeahhh...talk dirty to me triple p..that's what I'm talking about. Hee hawww! Bite that a$$
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/07/14, 07:22 pm

KnKsDad wrote:

Conversely, is there any previous precedent on the number of new teams forming during that same basic period like we have had - ie, FCD Central (I know they had some starting pieces), Stark, Wolfanneck coupled with the effects that may have had such as dilution of talent, etc.?

Personally, I wouldn't count Wolfaneck as a "new" team. That team's core was in place for a long time as LP Barnes under TA, and pretty much moved intact to Solar. From what I understand, Pulp only brought about 5 or so of his recruits on board to fill out the roster. My guess is that if Pulp hadn't brought along his small group, TA would still have been able to recruit the final #'s that his team needed to make.

FCD Central is a "new" team, but started out with a reasonable sized core that followed Goodman/Tallal from Sting to FCD. However, I will say that in the past, when similar break-ups have happened, usually one of the groups ends up splintering apart after the divorce, and that didn't happen here, so that is a bit different. However, based on FCD Central's results, they aren't exactly a shoo-in for making LHGCL at this point, so we need to wait and see on that.

The only truly "new" team that I see is Johnny Soccer's DT Red squad. As I understand it, that team was truly built from scratch this spring in onesie-twosie kind of fashion, and their results from late Spring suggest that they are well poised to at least make D3. If that happens, that would be a pretty unique event from my perspective. There have been teams in the past that have kind of "popped up out of nowhere" in late spring and ended up qualifying for LHGCL (Sting Gutierrez in the '01's, Andromeda in the '02's), but those teams started with a core group of 7-8 players that came from a different club/team, similar to the FCD Central case this year.

So, I would say that the DT Red situation is unique for the '04's, but otherwise, it's not unusual for 1 or 2 new teams show up late on the scene, having started from a core group of players from a different team that was on the radar leading up to select.

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 08:08 pm

I am familiar with the history of all three. My bad for referring to the sort of new teams as being new. I appreciate your historical perspective on it, especially with respect to DT Red (Stark).

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WestsideSoccer 17/07/14, 11:53 am

ph223047 wrote:Just wondering which 04 teams did not make?
Which 04 teams did not make? - Page 2 Tune-u13

LP Hunt is no more
Fever Red and Fever Black, Where are they????? Did they make at least 1 team?
LP Beardsley is no more
Gunners are they still around????
Wichita Falls SA, will they just show up for QT?
Sting Delon is no more, combined with Sting Cuevas
Aztecs- been know to just show up for QT in past. do they have the min 14 to play???

WestsideSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next