North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Round 2 Schedules Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Round 2 Schedules

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 2 Schedules Empty Round 2 Schedules

Post by textigerfan 29/07/14, 08:02 am

Any word on when they will be posted?
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Round 2 Schedules Empty Re: Round 2 Schedules

Post by 2028 29/07/14, 01:57 pm

http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?EventID=40404
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 29/07/14, 02:32 pm

Per LH, here are the brackets...

Bracket A
GUNNERS 00G
SPORTING FC 00G RED
TEXAS LIGHTNING
NTFC 00G BLACK (FORMERLY AFC 00G BLACK)

Bracket B
FLASH 00G
MELISSA SC 00G
TEXAS LONESTARS 00G
LIVERPOOL KEEGAN

In A, I will take Gunners and NTFC edging Sporting a VERY close second/third...of course Lightning COULD strike...you never know.

In B, I will take Melissa and LPK to advance with Flash and Lonestars close behind...

All of the game should be pretty good...not that significant a difference in talent across most of the teams...I would actually be a little surprised to see a team go 3-0...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMe 29/07/14, 03:15 pm

Welcome back to LHGCL Flash. I'm not sure how they manage to get such a soft bracket with one team ranked in the top 30 in their bracket.

Meanwhile Bracket A has all 4 teams ranked 26th or better. Sad thing is that only 2 teams can advance from bracket A and more than likely a less talented team will take the 4th spot.

I know that tournament results can vary during the regular season due to guest playing, but still look at some of the teams in bracket A and you will see that have had great success against many LHGCL D2 and D3 teams meanwhile bracket B seems to have less than stellar results against much lower grade teams.

This is NOT a knock on the talented teams in Bracket B just taking the time to point out the obvious unfairness to those in Bracket A.

JustMe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 29/07/14, 03:20 pm

Congrats to Sportsnerd for correctly calling the brackets. Wow, Bracket A is a tough one. I am definitely calling Gunners as top of Bracket A. As to who comes in second, Sporting is definitely up there, but there is something to be said for Lightning's vast improvement over prior QTs. They could take the second spot.

In Bracket B, I think we will have the Hunger Games event. I am thinking that Liverpool Keegan could take the top spot. Although Melissa played with a lot of skill in the first round, I am not sure that they can take Flash.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2028 29/07/14, 04:03 pm

Here is my best guess!

I thought Lightning snuck by last week. I wasn't to impressed. I don't think they have it yet. Something just tells me Sporting has it this year with Gunners a close second.

Bracket B who knows. I think LP is much improved but not at the top. All the rest are just my best guess no real data to support any of it! If I was good at guessing I would live in Vegas!

Bracket A
Sporting
Gunners
NTFC
Lightning

Bracket B
Flash
LP Keegan
Lonestars
Melissa
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AceVenturer01 29/07/14, 04:24 pm

Any way you cut it, some good teams are gonna miss out on LH this year.  Gonna be a good weekend of soccer, that's for sure! And on a side note, I'm glad that the topic has changed and the focus is back on the competition.  Plus I don't have to hide in fear of being admonished anymore..

AceVenturer01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMe 29/07/14, 04:47 pm

Anyone care to share their unofficial scouting reports on the teams? Or better yet, score predictions. Sometimes round 1 scores can be deceiving .

JustMe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyPowers 29/07/14, 07:38 pm

I'll take a stab at "unofficially" scouting the teams I'm familiar with:

Sporting- the core of This team has been around since their U11 Liverpool days and it baffles me how a team this good has failed to qualify over the years. They have lost their stud fwd/mid fielder but this past Spring/Summer they've shown they can win without her. Tough in the middle and must have found a player or two that can find the back of the net. I'm pretty sure they will get in and I'm pulling for them as they will make D3 more competitive.

Gunners- I have nothing but respect for this team. Resilient and tough. If I remember correctly they have a pretty fast and skilled forward that can get past defenders one on one. The remainder of the team is solid and compliment each other well. Not too much possession soccer but if you read U11 posts this week, no one in a NTX plays this way. Lol. With the recent tragedy of their coach, they have something to play for.  They are my #2 pick in this bracket.

NTFC-  Might be the sleeper in this group.  Won a recent tournament by beating us (Fever), Sporting FC in pks, and FCDE in pks. No disrespect, but I didn't see any one player that stood out but obviously there is talent and potential. If they can beat or tie one of my top 2 in this bracket, they will be in the mix.

Tx Lightning- I haven't seen them play in over a year. If their stud forward is back from injury and is 100%, then they can spoil someone's chance of getting in by stealing points. Unfortunately, I don't predict they will get in.

Flash- I like Flash. My DD has classmates on this team so I have to pull for them. Smile. Similar style of play as Gunners. Tough.  Beat WF xpress 5-3 in the Spring so they have the capability to score.  Should get in.

LP Keegan- played them last year in QT. If they have picked up a few good players or have improved as a team, they can get in. It'll come down to how they fare against Melissa and Lonestars.

Lonestars- no info on this team but record says they are competitive.

Melissa- same as Lonestars.

These are just my observations of the teams I'm familiar with. I'll retract every statement I made should any of the "underdogs" make it in. Regardless of who gets in, I think the 4 teams that do will make D3 a much more competitive division than it was last year. Good luck to all!!
KennyPowers
KennyPowers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 30/07/14, 06:14 am

I think you are right on the money with your assessment.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by momofthreeplayers 30/07/14, 09:58 am

KennyPowers wrote:I'll take a stab at "unofficially" scouting the teams I'm familiar with:

Sporting- the core of This team has been around since their U11 Liverpool days and it baffles me how a team this good has failed to qualify over the years. They have lost their stud fwd/mid fielder but this past Spring/Summer they've shown they can win without her. Tough in the middle and must have found a player or two that can find the back of the net. I'm pretty sure they will get in and I'm pulling for them as they will make D3 more competitive.

Gunners- I have nothing but respect for this team. Resilient and tough. If I remember correctly they have a pretty fast and skilled forward that can get past defenders one on one. The remainder of the team is solid and compliment each other well. Not too much possession soccer but if you read U11 posts this week, no one in a NTX plays this way. Lol. With the recent tragedy of their coach, they have something to play for.  They are my #2 pick in this bracket.

NTFC-  Might be the sleeper in this group.  Won a recent tournament by beating us (Fever), Sporting FC in pks, and FCDE in pks. No disrespect, but I didn't see any one player that stood out but obviously there is talent and potential. If they can beat or tie one of my top 2 in this bracket, they will be in the mix.

Tx Lightning- I haven't seen them play in over a year. If their stud forward is back from injury and is 100%, then they can spoil someone's chance of getting in by stealing points. Unfortunately, I don't predict they will get in.

Flash- I like Flash. My DD has classmates on this team so I have to pull for them. Smile. Similar style of play as Gunners. Tough.  Beat WF xpress 5-3 in the Spring so they have the capability to score.  Should get in.

LP Keegan- played them last year in QT. If they have picked up a few good players or have improved as a team, they can get in. It'll come down to how they fare against Melissa and Lonestars.

These are just my observations of the teams I'm familiar with. I'll retract every statement I made should any of the "underdogs" make it in. Regardless of who gets in, I think the 4 teams that do will make D3 a much more competitive division than it was last year. Good luck to all!!

I wish you could have seen the LPK vs Gunners game... I'm just saying because of how highley you speak about Gunners. LPK dominated the game but couldnt get it in the net. LPK biggest change was dropping all bench players and giving starters more playing time. Only problem is they dont have as many subs.

momofthreeplayers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyPowers 30/07/14, 12:18 pm

momofthreeplayers wrote:
KennyPowers wrote:I'll take a stab at "unofficially" scouting the teams I'm familiar with:

I wish you could have seen the LPK vs Gunners game... I'm just saying because of how highley you speak about Gunners. LPK dominated the game but couldnt get it in the net. LPK biggest change was dropping all bench players and giving starters more playing time. Only problem is they dont have as many subs.

My "scouting report" was based on play against my DDs team within the past year. I have no idea if teams have improved or have gained/lost impact players. With that being said, having "respect" for a team like the Gunners or Sporting or any other team doesn't mean i think they are a shoe in to win or even qualify for D3. I'll take your word that LPK dominated the game. (TBH, I don't even know what the outcome was) With both teams being in different brackets, I still say both have a legitimate shot at advancing. Sorry to ruffle any feathers but someone asked about a scouting report and that was mine.
KennyPowers
KennyPowers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2028 30/07/14, 12:26 pm

KennyPowers wrote:
momofthreeplayers wrote:

My "scouting report" was based on play against my DDs team within the past year. I have no idea if teams have improved or have gained/lost impact players. With that being said, having "respect" for a team like the Gunners or Sporting or any other team doesn't mean i think they are a shoe in to win or even qualify for D3. I'll take your word that LPK dominated the game. (TBH, I don't even know what the outcome was) With both teams being in different brackets, I still say both have a legitimate shot at advancing. Sorry to ruffle any feathers but someone asked about a scouting report and that was mine.
In my opinion your report was dead on! LP wasn't bad last year just not good enough. We will see this weekend if they deserve the respect she is looking for.
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 30/07/14, 12:36 pm

I think we can all agree that surprises can certainly happen during QTs. I think all eight teams want to win and will go to the fields with determination. At this stage, I don't think anyone can be ruled out.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by momofthreeplayers 30/07/14, 01:30 pm

KennyPowers wrote:
momofthreeplayers wrote:

Oh no ruffled feathers here! lol Just giving some facts on your opinion.. I didnt mean to ruffle your feathers.. lol

momofthreeplayers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 30/07/14, 01:48 pm

As I mentioned before....each team will need to bring it to win. I think any of these teams are capable on any given day.  It will be interesting and great game watching to see who really wants it.

And Kenny....TXL's stud forward is back and 100%.
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyPowers 30/07/14, 02:20 pm

00scrmom wrote:As I mentioned before....each team will need to bring it to win. I think any of these teams are capable on any given day.  It will be interesting and great game watching to see who really wants it.

And Kenny....TXL's stud forward is back and 100%.

Glad to hear that she's back!  That should make things interesting in that bracket.

Anyone have any info on Melissa SC and Lonestars?
KennyPowers
KennyPowers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 30/07/14, 03:37 pm

Sorry Kenny...like you guys, we (FWFC) have not played either Melissa or Lonestars. Never seen either play.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 30/07/14, 04:03 pm

I watched one of Melissa '00G games. They are focused and maintain good passing and pressure. I wouldn't say they had a standout but they were evenly matched as a team.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 30/07/14, 04:39 pm

InaB wrote:I watched one of Melissa '00G games. They are focused and maintain good passing and pressure. I wouldn't say they had a standout but they were evenly matched as a team.

SG played Melissa in November, and I thought they were pretty good then. It was an unseasonably warm day, but they played tough focused soccer. I agree, they didn't have one player to watch out for, but a team of hard-working solid players. I also know they picked up a solid middie with nice touch on the ball, good vision, and the ability to score. They had decent speed all over, and they played pretty smart. I think they may surprise people this weekend.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMiyagi 31/07/14, 11:55 am

Upsets abound !

My personal, good hearted opinion us that LH DIII
will be gaining fresh legs this upcoming season.

Bracket A

Sporting FC
Gunners

Bracket B

Liverpool Keegan
Melissa

I just did my own data analysis .
I try to avoid non-first hand scouting reports due to the possibility of misinformation being put out.

This years crop of Plano D1 contenders appears to be very comparable to the DIII QT veterans .
The two week process shows me that whatever clubs survive will indeed make North Texas a stronger product.
Nothing is guaranteed as far as wins/ties/losses .
What is guaranteed is the effort , skill, and competition that will be on display this weekend.

Good Luck and enjoy the experience .
MrMiyagi
MrMiyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 02/08/14, 05:47 pm

Gunners/ NTFC score? Little slow reporting on GotSoccer
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fortheloveofsoccer00 02/08/14, 06:04 pm

00scrmom wrote:Gunners/ NTFC score? Little slow reporting on GotSoccer

Gunners 2 NTFC 1!!

fortheloveofsoccer00
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMe 02/08/14, 09:31 pm

Any more score updates? Especially Sporting FC games

JustMe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KCAS 02/08/14, 09:43 pm

Sporting FC tied NTFC 1-1. Any news on the Melissa vs Lonestars at 2pm?

KCAS
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next