North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

week 6 scores - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

week 6 scores

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

week 6 scores - Page 2 Empty Re: week 6 scores

Post by Black Sheep 05/10/14, 09:56 pm

And if you didnt notice, the coach pulled the player off that got the yellow to let her cool down. He does not teach any kind of dirty play, i can assure u

Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 05/10/14, 10:07 pm

Black Sheep wrote:And if you didnt notice, the coach pulled the player off that got the yellow to let her cool down. He does not teach any kind of dirty play, i can assure u
Mind your business TB, if I was a Sting Black parent I would be mad. But I'm not.

BS, I didn't say your coach teaches the type of play that took place. Just was giving my unbiased view on the game I watched, Unlike yours!! My point is if Sting didn't out play Hyypia, then why were they so frustrated, chasing the ball around with so many late challenges. I call it like I see it, Hyypia got out played and was lucky to walk away with a draw and no red cards.

By the way, Great win for Abbott!! Congrates!!!!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 05/10/14, 10:09 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:And if you didnt notice, the coach pulled the player off that got the yellow to let her cool down. He does not teach any kind of dirty play, i can assure u
Mind your business TB, if I was a Sting Black parent I would be mad. But I'm not.

BS, I didn't say your coach teaches the type of play that took place. Just was giving my unbiased view on the game I watched, Unlike yours!! My point is if Sting didn't out play Hyypia, then why were they so frustrated, chasing the ball around with so many late challenges. I call it like I see it, Hyypia got out played and was lucky to walk away with a draw and no red cards.

The frustration was with the sub par officiating, not with the 95 consecutive passes Sting was putting together.
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ricnbo 05/10/14, 10:19 pm

Rush Voutier 4 DT Farley 0

ricnbo
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 05/10/14, 10:48 pm

thunderlipz wrote:

Come on. Whining in the forum makes it everyone's business. All I am saying is that it ended in a tie. Opinions will differ as to who was the better team. The FBR will see it as a 0-0 tie so the teams accomplished nothing in showing us (the unaffiliated masses) who was the better team. Win the game the next time you play them.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 05/10/14, 11:09 pm

Nice, whining huh!!! Who made you the forum police?

All I was doing was correcting the Sheep on his poor soccer IQ. Guess that makes me the soccer police!! Game was a draw, that's obvious but sometimes this isn't just about the obvious. Who cares what the FBR mythical ranking says? I witnessed for myself who the better team is. Guarantee you 90% of the Hyypia fandom took a deep breath when that final whistle blew. They know they dodged a bullet.

Still a great game, wish they played every weekend!! Fun game to watch. The 05's are a blast!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/10/14, 06:49 am

thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:I was at this game and from my vantage point Hyypia  committed 7-8 fouls from behind, late tackle after late tackle on the sting players. I think the ref actually handed out a Yellow to Hyypia player. She was playing Dangerous. Sting had the Run of play and was unlucky to not get the win. For the poster that mentioned the free kick, that was 1 of 2 shots on goal. Sting by my count had 8 shots on goal. Hyypia is a really good team but Sting got the best of them today with Ball control and passing. Hyypia players were frustrated and commenced to fouling at will. Ref lost control with inconsistent calls. JMO!!

I look forward to these two matching up again, sure to be a Great Physical Game!![/quote

I agree w the inconsistent refs and yes would like to see them square off again. good game. but 8 shots on goal??
Think you might need glasses!! Laughing

Do you disagree with the late tackles that resulted in 3 Sting players being carried off the field? How about the Yellow card handed out to the Hyypia player for a clear malicious tackle from behind. In less than a year that's a Red card. Hyypia looked very Frustrated out there. They maybe connected 2-3 passes at most on a given run, as to where Sting was connecting on 6-7 while attacking. The 2nd half was marred with foul after foul by Hyypia. Guess it was an effective style to slow sting down, but not one you want to be known for I wouldn't think. Right?

By the way, your old GK saved at least 3 goals from the sweeper position. Heck of a player. Definitely your best player.

Looks like I picked the wrong game to watch this weekend but never the less I got to watch Hyypia vs Diaz and tend to agree with a few points already made:
- GK turned Sweeper tend to agree with the comment above, best player on the field for Hyypia
- Hyypia team plays very dangerously, easily could have seen more yellows or even a Red card used in this one
- Refs struggled in this one

Other notes from the weekend:
- Wow, Solar Pulp really lost?  Surprised there isn't more discussion, but if standings are correct, it appears they still control their destiny to a Final match with Diaz, IF they can win out.
- D'Feeters scored 3 goals?  Sign of more good things to come from this team?  Can they be the spoiler for a few teams in the top of the current standings?  Or better yet, can they put together 3 wins in a row and be the surprise finalist?
- All in all I think we are seeing that this top 10-12 05 teams is a very competitive group and any given weekend any of them stands a chance to come out on top.  Going to be a fun last few weeks of the season it appears!

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 06/10/14, 07:45 am

TXSoccerMommy wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:I was at this game and from my vantage point Hyypia  committed 7-8 fouls from behind, late tackle after late tackle on the sting players. I think the ref actually handed out a Yellow to Hyypia player. She was playing Dangerous. Sting had the Run of play and was unlucky to not get the win. For the poster that mentioned the free kick, that was 1 of 2 shots on goal. Sting by my count had 8 shots on goal. Hyypia is a really good team but Sting got the best of them today with Ball control and passing. Hyypia players were frustrated and commenced to fouling at will. Ref lost control with inconsistent calls. JMO!!

I look forward to these two matching up again, sure to be a Great Physical Game!![/quote

I agree w the inconsistent refs and yes would like to see them square off again. good game. but 8 shots on goal??

Do you disagree with the late tackles that resulted in 3 Sting players being carried off the field? How about the Yellow card handed out to the Hyypia player for a clear malicious tackle from behind. In less than a year that's a Red card. Hyypia looked very Frustrated out there. They maybe connected 2-3 passes at most on a given run, as to where Sting was connecting on 6-7 while attacking. The 2nd half was marred with foul after foul by Hyypia. Guess it was an effective style to slow sting down, but not one you want to be known for I wouldn't think. Right?

By the way, your old GK saved at least 3 goals from the sweeper position. Heck of a player. Definitely your best player.

Looks like I picked the wrong game to watch this weekend but never the less I got to watch Hyypia vs Diaz and tend to agree with a few points already made:
- GK turned Sweeper tend to agree with the comment above, best player on the field for Hyypia
- Hyypia team plays very dangerously, easily could have seen more yellows or even a Red card used in this one
- Refs struggled in this one

Other notes from the weekend:
- Wow, Solar Pulp really lost?  Surprised there isn't more discussion, but if standings are correct, it appears they still control their destiny to a Final match with Diaz, IF they can win out.
- D'Feeters scored 3 goals?  Sign of more good things to come from this team?  Can they be the spoiler for a few teams in the top of the current standings?  Or better yet, can they put together 3 wins in a row and be the surprise finalist?
- All in all I think we are seeing that this top 10-12 05 teams is a very competitive group and any given weekend any of them stands a chance to come out on top.  Going to be a fun last few weeks of the season it appears!

Yall are really sounding pathetic. You are so far off its shocking. Hyypia haters, enough! if these are the things you believe it is scary. In no way did sting dominate. You are SO exaggerating the fouls in this game. There were plenty of fouls from your beloved sting girls. The actual consensus on the hyypia side is quite the opposite. Did not walk away feeling relieved. Sting is a good team, but not Barca. Sorry to inform u of that. You did not get a W yesterday, get over it
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 06/10/14, 08:01 am

Black Sheep wrote:hyypia 0 Sting Diaz 0

Great game, and although I too would have enjoyed watching the Abbott - Pulp game, I'm glad I had the chance to see these two, clearly well-matched teams. From my point of view, it was a game of contrasting styles, which, to be honest, was a little surprising to me. Diaz moved the ball well with their short - passing game, whereas Hyypia was more direct and pacey in their attack. Although I hadn't seen Hyypia play in awhile, I didn't remember them being so direct. Both defensive lines did a great job of absorbing and turning away pressure. As for scoring chances, I didn't see many from either side, but, again, that's largely due to defensive pressure. I'll not speak to the fouls as that's been explored ad nauseam.

So, again, great game that ended, in my opinion, exactly as it should have. Good luck to Tahlon and the girls the rest of the way!
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 06/10/14, 08:05 am

soccermom76 wrote:Solar Abbott 1 - Solar Pulp 0! alien

Wow, that's huge! Congrats, girls! As others have suggested, this was clearly the game of the week. What implications might this have for next weekend's game against DT South?
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Talk 06/10/14, 08:13 am

Neither of two were dominate over the other, it was evenly matched. At different aspects of the game, both teams had their strong moments. I'm not one to complain about refs or physical play, that's part of it. However, if kids are constantly getting hurt, we and or coaches must do a better job in educating the girls on proper use of thier bodies. It was obvious that Hyypia had more bigger and faster players, but Diaz had the more quick and skilled players. Which causes for a clash in this particular age group. I don't believe any of the girls were intentionally trying to hurt other players, the game was competitive, and some kids are bigger and stronger than others. Wether a Diaz or Hyypia parent, we must be able to see the game from both perspectives.

Real Talk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 06/10/14, 08:18 am

thunderlipz wrote:Nice, whining huh!!! Who made you the forum police?

Not trying to be the forum police, just stating that the team's respective fandoms are going to disagree on who was the better team.  The tie makes it easy for that.  

I'm looking forward to the next time they play.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy 06/10/14, 08:27 am

SoccerAdvice2Go wrote:Funny no one even acknowledged soccermom76 post. The Diaz/Hyypia game doesn't even turn out to be the best game of the weekend.

It was not a misprint. Solar Abbott 1 Solar Pulp 0.  The major major upset of the season so far and no comments.  Well done Solar Abbott - maybe this will get you back into the Top 10.  bwgophers?  Does this make them worthy?

I don't think anybody expected much of a game here so we will only get commentary from Solar parents if any at all

Congrats Abbott!

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 06/10/14, 08:38 am

banana kick wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:hyypia 0 Sting Diaz 0

Great game, and although I too would have enjoyed watching the Abbott - Pulp game, I'm glad I had the chance to see these two, clearly well-matched teams.  From my point of view, it was a game of contrasting styles, which, to be honest, was a little surprising to me.  Diaz moved the ball well with their short - passing game, whereas Hyypia was more direct and pacey in their attack.  Although I hadn't seen Hyypia play in awhile, I didn't remember them being so direct.  Both defensive lines did a great job of absorbing and turning away pressure.  As for scoring chances, I didn't see many from either side, but, again, that's largely due to defensive pressure.  I'll not speak to the fouls as that's been explored ad nauseam.

So, again, great game that ended, in my opinion, exactly as it should have.  Good luck to Tahlon and the girls the rest of the way!

Well said BK
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 06/10/14, 08:40 am

Lady Aztecs 2 - FCD Hanlon 0
D'Feeters 3 - LP Gerrard 0
LP Hyypia 0 - Sting Diaz 0
Rush Voutier 4 - DT Farley 0
Solar Abbott 1 - Solar Pulp 0
Sting Scarfone 2 - Sting Parsons 0
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked again 06/10/14, 09:01 am

yeah, pretty fair assessment BK. There was definitely no domination one way or the other. The fouls were kind of back and forth from what I saw. Hyypia was physical and strong, but I didnt see them fouling hard every 30 sec as some have suggested
Booked again
Booked again
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxKpr 06/10/14, 11:40 am

The Fouls were def back and forth.  I cant remember which half it was that a Hyypia player rocked a Sting player, and the Diaz coach got livid over it.  But again they were back and forth at it.

From where I was at, imo I felt Sting moved the ball at a better pace than Hyypia did.  To me it felt that Hyypia was playing more def than Sting was.

Both teams matched up very well.  Enjoyed watching them going back and forth.

It was a great weekend of Soccer. Got to see some good games, and some sideline chatter.
TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bueller? 06/10/14, 02:05 pm

I'm sure it was when the yellow card was given to the Hyypia player that Diaz was livid. Good job Diaz. When kids play intentionally malicious and are hurting players they don't belong on the field.

Bueller?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxKpr 06/10/14, 02:18 pm

Was that in the first half or second half?
TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 06/10/14, 02:25 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

Not if she is playing in LHGCL - refs don't have red cards there.

Besides, they are only 9 or 10 - likely just klutzy
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxKpr 06/10/14, 02:36 pm

Hmmmm yeah I didnt really see or notice Hyypia frustrated. They seemed pretty calm. And I highly doubt they knownly or purposly tried to foul. I saw both teams playing very aggressive.

TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

week 6 scores - Page 2 Empty Tax Keeper and Soccer Chuck

Post by Bueller? 06/10/14, 03:40 pm

Tax Keeper - Didn't Black Sheep just tell us about the Hyypia player that had to be removed to calm down?
Up Chuck on Soccer Chuck - Saying the girls were "klutzy" is a lame excuse for malicious play. These are the top teams of Platinum div A. I don't think girls are klutzy at this stage.

Bueller?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 06/10/14, 03:53 pm

Probably just a bunch of whiney rec parents
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxKpr 06/10/14, 04:00 pm

Removed?
No, I dont think she was removed to calm down. Give her some coaching advice maybe, but not to calm down. People tend to over exaggerate a call.
I dont know where exactly everyone was sitting, but I know first hand these girls were anything but upset while the game was going on.
Both Coaches run a good squad with aggressive playing. But to say these girls maliciously tried to hurt someone is crazy.
TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bueller? 06/10/14, 04:12 pm

soccer chuck wrote:Probably just a bunch of whiney rec parents

not a chance

Bueller?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomTeeth 06/10/14, 05:09 pm

It was a very competitive game as have many been this season. I didn't see one player stand out as being particularly over aggressive. Maybe I missed something. Anyhow, great fields and very well organized by CFBAL.
WisdomTeeth
WisdomTeeth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next