North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

CPP Question Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

CPP Question

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CPP Question Empty CPP Question

Post by Send It 20/10/14, 03:25 pm

Can you use cpp for games in the same division?  I heard Sting Garret used Sting Parker players against Andromeda this weekend.  I didn't believe it the first time I heard  it because it definitely seemed like a conflict of interest.  Back of the Net what do your Parker sources tell you?

Send It
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

CPP Question Empty Re: CPP Question

Post by textigerfan 20/10/14, 04:14 pm

No dog in this hunt...but would that really be in the "spirit" of the rule? I guess so, help out the club at all costs. LOL

All kidding aside, that would certainly seem like a conflict of interest.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/10/14, 04:15 pm

I have no idea whether there was CPP or not.

The answer to your question is you can CPP to any division as long as LHGCL approves the CPP. The restriction-simply put-is that a player cannot play 2 games on the same day for 2 different teams. IOW, you cannot be rostered on 2 teams on the same day; you must be deactivated from one and activated on the other.

Hope that helps.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/10/14, 04:16 pm

All that said, my understanding from others is that Garrett is down with several injuries so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a CPP in that case.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 20/10/14, 04:23 pm

I guess maybe they needed the players to field a team and avoid a forfeit. I could understand that.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 20/10/14, 04:43 pm

textigerfan wrote:I guess maybe they needed the players to field a team and avoid a forfeit.  I could understand that.

Ohhhh Goddddd....not another question about CPP  lol!

Get ready for a 10 page thread about it now Smile
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 20/10/14, 04:59 pm

haha....you know it!
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 20/10/14, 07:46 pm

backofthenet wrote:All that said, my understanding from others is that Garrett is down with several injuries so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a CPP in that case.

Suspect I sincerely hope this isn't true. For SP to send its players to play in a match against a team in direct competition for the LH title, would be ... Regrettable.

Seven, is this true?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 20/10/14, 08:01 pm

I have nothing to say about the matter
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrPepper 20/10/14, 08:24 pm

[quote]I guess maybe they needed the players to field a team and avoid a forfeit.  I could understand that.[/quote]

They had plenty of players on the bench.

However, looking at the result, it would appear that it didn't matter anyway.

Last edited by DrPepper on 20/10/14, 08:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

DrPepper
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 20/10/14, 08:31 pm

I heard there were 29 sting girls there from various teams and a multitude of coaches. A veritable sting family reunion. Mac and cheese was good and aunt Bessie dislocated a hip in the three legged race.

Maybe just 18 girls and a couple of coaches...but what fun! I know at least one of the sting g girls that is out long term.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 20/10/14, 08:44 pm

[quote="DrPepper"]
I guess maybe they needed the players to field a team and avoid a forfeit.  I could understand that.

They had plenty of players on the bench.

However, looking at the result, it would appear that it didn't matter anyway.[/quote]

I guess it will matter if there is a tie breaker later w Parker at the top or Garrett at the bottom (as it stands).
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 20/10/14, 08:54 pm

The rules allow for it and certain clubs will do what they can to keep struggling teams in the league or in this case, D1.  
It certainly isn't the  first time (and won't be the last time) CPP has affected promotion/relegation.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 20/10/14, 09:02 pm

I guess those normal players then are just happy to be there. What a great experience they will treasure forever. It is what it is.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 20/10/14, 09:28 pm

It's my understanding Sting North Garrett has been plagued with injuries for a few weeks.  I know Sting North 01 has loaned players out a couple of times to help including one who played this past weekend against Andro (one of their 2 CPPs).
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/10/14, 09:31 pm

Upon further review, the runner was down by contact before fumbling the ball.

Oh wait.

Upon further review, CPP was used to compensate for injury. There were two used. From my understanding there are several injuries on SG. I don't know because I wasn't there, but that's the word. LH approved these CPPs bc of injury.

As to the level of player that was CPP'd, I do not know. Was she a full-time player? Is she a superstar? Was she used to gain an unfair advantage? Or could it be that maybe these players aren't playing enough on their respective rosters so this was opportunity to to get more field time? And maybe there are injuries.

Personally I think it's foolish to CPP because what if that player or players get injured and effect the team they were on loan from?

I think CPP has merit when used with properly and with integrity. Does anyone know the intent of Coach G or Coach P in this circumstance? Or how the club handles it from a leadership standpoint? That's the real question. Intent.

Where does it begin and where does it end? Is dual rostering "fair"? What about when players come in from ECNL to help a LH team? Is that different? Hopkins used/uses ECNL. Elite uses them. Why are we not crying foul with those teams?

The punchcard for me is intent. In my opinion it's unlikely that SP had an agenda to try thwart Andromeda. I don't buy that for one second. Did SG need bench help? Sounds like it but I don't the intent or purpose.

For the record, not a fan of CPP or ECNL dual roster. But used correctly it has merit. You're trusting the coaches to have integrity with the process. If you trust them to use it correctly as intended, then it's hard to argue.

In the end you have to play the game. If your team is good enough it may not matter. In Andro's case, they're better than SG generally speaking, even with alternate players. SP was better than Solar Hopkins even with SH having ECNL guest and a dual rostered player. Elite beat Flanagan handily. They have ECNL and dual rostered girls. Shame on them?

Props to Grado and props to Parker and props to any other coach who goes about their business of teaching the game and doing the best they can with what they have. We can't assume intent.

Just play the game.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

CPP Question Empty CPP Question

Post by 00Talent 20/10/14, 09:49 pm

Before we solve the JFK assignation Yes two players did help out Garrett on the defense end and both were not full time player hope that helps.
00Talent
00Talent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/10/14, 09:54 pm

What? JFK was assassinated??

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/10/14, 07:48 am

No, no Back, the story is that they finally captured Big Foot and Area 51 is now open for tours.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 21/10/14, 08:04 am

For a second there you had me worried.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by IAKM 21/10/14, 08:13 am

It is true, but it didn't matter to Andromeda. They have their own injuries as well, but played solid with their own team.

IAKM
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 22/10/14, 11:32 am

textigerfan wrote:I guess those normal players then are just happy to be there.  What a great experience they will treasure forever.  It is what it is.
Hey Tex-
Your point that healthy Sting G players suffered a loss of playing time is well taken, but  I doubt the players and parents were polled for their input. I'm not sure what course of action they (or any of us) could have taken when presented with this situation.

I guess that leads to a good question, what is the recourse or the proper reaction for the player/parents in this situation?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 22/10/14, 12:48 pm

Coach PR and his staff have completed an extensive investigation of Sunday's match in question, aka Sting Gate. Depositions were taken, informants were paid, fingernails were pulled and water-boards were utilized.  The Andromeda-StingParker/Garrett match's simple facts:

A) Sting G had more than enough players and subs to play the match, without "Club Help".  
B) Sting P had 2 players and 1 coach present at Sunday's match.
C) Sting Parker, Andromeda, and Solar Elite are in a 3 way race for the LH D1 Championship.
D) Draws, GA, GF, GD will most likely be deciding  factors at the end of the year.

backofthenet wrote:
Upon further review, CPP was used to compensate for injury. There were two used. From my understanding  there are several injuries on SG. I don't know because I wasn't there, but that's the word.  LH approved these CPPs bc of injury.

As to the level of player that was CPP'd, I do not know. Was she a full-time player? Is she a superstar? Was she used to gain an unfair advantage? Or could it be that maybe these players aren't playing enough on their respective rosters so this was opportunity to to get more field time? And maybe there are injuries.

I'm not sure what LHGCL approved, but my investigators found that there were more than a full lineup and a few subs from the current Sting G roster available, so Sting G injuries were not a factor for CPP in this instance.

Please define part-time player. Surely its not a player that trains part time with the team and pays partial dues?  I wasn't aware that a part-time D1 Sting P player was significantly better than a full-time D1 Sting G player.

If the 'sent players' in question were not difference makers, why send them to a 85-90% healthy team?

Moving forward, I submit that any player who competed, made her team, practices regularly and paid their finances is a full-time soccer player.

backofthenet wrote:
I think CPP has merit when used with properly and with integrity. Does anyone know the intent of Coach G or Coach P in this circumstance? Or how the club handles it from a leadership standpoint? That's the real question. Intent.
True, intent is unknowable, but I'm not sure it is applicable here. If I were cited for speeding, I'm not sure my intentions help at that traffic stop, unless there was an emergency.

What was the the emergency here? What is the desired effect of adding 2 defensive players to a team with perhaps 15-16 healthy players?  I believe the results of a Draw or less GF have on the tD1 top 3 standings are quantifiable.

backofthenet wrote:
Where does it begin and where does it end? Is dual rostering "fair"? What about when players come in from ECNL to help a LH team? Is that different? Hopkins used/uses ECNL. Elite uses them. Why are we not crying foul with those teams
That is question of the year!  If this behavior passes, the abuse is going to escalate. Anyone with kids knows that, The End does not start with,  "The other kids are smoking crack!" Argument... Well Hell, why didn't you mention that before! Here, son, let me light your pipe...

Even if that justified it, it doesn't apply to this case...Dual rostering is a horse of a different color.  Those are NOT guests, they are ROSTERED and KNOWN to be on the roster.

Further,
1-FCD-Blue isn't challenging Sting P for the D1 title.
2-Some of those ECNL Solar players played most of their careers with CP before moving to ECNL; its probably more personal, than a club decision.
3-Anyone who believes AS is going to send to his best top ECNL players to help SH avoid relegation and jeopardize a national championship is smoking crack.

backofthenet wrote:
The punchcard for me is intent. In my opinion it's unlikely that SP had an agenda to try thwart Andromeda. I don't buy that for one second. Did SG need bench help? Sounds like it but I don't the intent or purpose.

For the record, not a fan of CPP or ECNL dual roster. But used correctly it has merit. You're trusting the coaches to have integrity with the process. If you trust them to use it correctly as intended, then it's hard to argue.
The problem isn't the rule!  Large and small clubs should have the flexibility of moving players up or down based on player ability or as injuries dictate, as is done in academies throughout the rest of the country.  

For the record, I know BOTN is coming from a good place about this, but, on this, I must respectfully disagree; this isn't a hard argument. Agenda or no, SP benefitted from its contribution to this match.

backofthenet wrote:
In the end you have to play the game. If your team is good enough it may not matter. In Andro's case, they're better than SG generally speaking, even with alternate players. SP was better than Solar Hopkins even with SH having ECNL guest and a dual rostered player. Elite beat Flanagan handily. They have ECNL and dual rostered girls. Shame on them?

Props to Grado and props to Parker and props to any other coach who goes about their business of teaching the game and doing the best they can with what they have. We can't assume intent.

Just play the game.
I agree that all of the coaches mentioned are outstanding teachers and individuals.

Its a fact of life, appearances do matter. Regardless of intent,  StingG players were not the main beneficiary of CPP this past weekend. Ignoring it, making excuses and legalese will not make it better.

Changing, modifying or closing CPP loopholes isn't necessary, will be a waste of time, and won't eliminate collusion.

The LHGCL board has the power to warn, censure and sanction teams/clubs for violating "the spirit" of its rules in its charter. The board should act accordingly in this case, and send a message that the mere appearance of impropriety will not be tolerated.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 22/10/14, 12:54 pm

Pack, not sure what you can do except as a group voice displeasure to the coach. May or may not get you anywhere. I just know that if my kid was a normal rostered player, injuries occurred, the coach went out unnecessarily to recruit players to fill a slot for one game, and my kid did not play as a result. I would be highly pissed. Of course, the coach may not care. The scenario at the surface appears as a potential win for both Sting teams standings wise. Again, no dog in the hunt and really could care less who wins D1. But in this case, kudos to Andromeda. Glad they won.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrPepper 22/10/14, 01:26 pm

Let's be honest, LHGCL is run by the big clubs and rules like CPP benefit (and are abused by) the big clubs the most.

They don't like it when smaller clubs rain on their parade.

DrPepper
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next