North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player Movement Coming into U16? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Player Movement Coming into U16?

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? Empty Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by Kenshi Dave 26/04/10, 10:05 pm

Teams go to 22 ... most carry 20? ... only 18 can dress out ... do I have it right?
Girls are bigger and with the addition of High School, more injury prone.

Sting: Not sure what they need ... they seem to have 2 of everything already. Will there be any on current roster looking because of playing time? Won Elite League and LHGC. Automatic to Regionals and looking like a very strong contender for National Championship ... hard for any player getting much time to voluntarily leave that. New coach this fall.

Texans: Won Premier and National League giving them an automatic bid to Regionals and Nationals ... It would be hard for anyone to want to leave that opportunity behind.

Feet: Really struggled in late 2009 and 2010 to date. Next year in Premier next and D2 of Elite. Strong team and in a good position to pick up from Sting West and Solar Red.

Solar: Really starting to hit their stride. Will be in Premier and probably in good shape to make D1 of Elite in the year that it matters. They should be in a great position to pick up some top prospects.

Revolution: Trouble with number already.. Demographics had kept them "recruit-proof" ... now I think it will play against them picking up top players.

N Tx United: The little train that could. Can they keep the girls down on the farm? My guess is that they my lose their top couple players to Premier League teams. Can they get pick-ups from Sting W or Solar Red?

Sting West: I have to admit that I thought they would stay in D1 and that N Tx U would be going to D2. They probably have quite a few girls that would be welcome in the 6 teams noted above.

Solar Red: We knew where this was going. The original cast of Solar Red has already been absorbed into D1.

TFC: Won't benefit from demise of Solar Red or Sting W ... geographically tough.

Sting Blue: See TFC above. I think they are Dallas based.

Anyone know of any probable movement of players or coaches on these top 10 teams?
Anyone have opinions on any big changes?
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by Arch Stanton 27/04/10, 08:43 am

Kenshi Dave wrote:Teams go to 22 ... most carry 20? ... only 18 can dress out ... do I have it right?

Sting: Not sure what they need ... they seem to have 2 of everything already. Will there be any on current roster looking because of playing time? Won Elite League and LHGC. Automatic to Regionals and looking like a very strong contender for National Championship ... hard for any player getting much time to voluntarily leave that. New coach this fall.

Texans: Won Premier and National League giving them an automatic bid to Regionals and Nationals ... It would be hard for anyone to want to leave that opportunity behind.

Feet: Really struggled in late 2009 and 2010 to date. Next year in Premier next and D2 of Elite. Strong team and in a good position to pick up from Sting West and Solar Red.

Solar: Really starting to hit their stride. Will be in Premier and probably in good shape to make D1 of Elite in the year that it matters. They should be in a great position to pick up some top prospects.

Revolution: Trouble with number already.. Demographics had kept them "recruit-proof" ... now I think it will play against them picking up top players.

N Tx United: The little train that could. Can they keep the girls down on the farm? My guess is that they my lose their top couple players to Premier League teams. Can they get pick-ups from Sting W or Solar Red?

Sting West: I have to admit that I thought they would stay in D1 and that N Tx U would be going to D2. They probably have quite a few girls that would be welcome in the 6 teams noted above.

Solar Red: We knew where this was going. The original cast of Solar Red has already been absorbed into D1.

TFC: Won't benefit from demise of Solar Red or Sting W ... geographically tough.

Anyone know of any probable movement of players or coaches on these top 10 teams?

I think that United may finally benefit from the "development" mentality that has succeeded and pull some girls from the top 4/5 teams and others who want to improve their game. I know this a reverse to the prevalent mentailty but seriously alot of good players don't want to be bench players on a roster of 22 and realize they need to get better training if they want to succeed at the college level in 3 years. I'm sure the top 4 will switch a player or two like they do every year but nobody is going to catch Sting anytime soon.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 27/04/10, 12:51 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:Teams go to 22 ... most carry 20? ... only 18 can dress out ... do I have it right?

It's funny how you so loosely give your assessment of what other teams's needs and
vulnerabilities are, and interesting how none exist for Texans. Didn't Texans lose to a
challenge B ECNL Solar team who also competed with a DIII team in it's group, and ended
the LH Spring season with a drumming by Sting? Also, I seem to recall that the Disney trip
didn't go so well. There's no doubt that Texans had a great Fall season, but it was still not
enough to be crowned LH Grand Champions. But, then of course if you can't be Grand
Champions then you'll just become National Champs. Right? Good Luck! Player Movement Coming into U16? Icon_wink

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 27/04/10, 12:54 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:

I think that United may finally benefit from the "development" mentality that has succeeded and pull some girls from the top 4/5 teams and others who want to improve their game. I know this a reverse to the prevalent mentailty but seriously alot of good players don't want to be bench players on a roster of 22 and realize they need to get better training if they want to succeed at the college level in 3 years. I'm sure the top 4 will switch a player or two like they do every year but nobody is going to catch Sting anytime soon.

Good Point!

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 27/04/10, 03:07 pm

Didn't want to sound too over the top ... How's this ? ...

Texans: Don't see anyone leaving for a better opportunity and they are in a pretty good position to add a few top players from other teams.

Only team with shot to dethrone Sting (even with last weekend's drumming), and this was Texans first loss to Sting since May 2008. The only team from N Tx that is undoubtedly going to the national championships.

Just looking to get some discussion going ... must have hit a nerve re: your favorite team.
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 27/04/10, 09:00 pm

So, let's break this down... You have 11 starters, general 2-4 players that can come on an not miss anything on the field, 3-4 would get some game time at the odd time, and then 4-5 never seeing the field or suiting up on the Top 4 clubs.

Would those 8 "good" players on a Top 4 club be better off starting on a 5-12 Rated Team that has more "holes" in their line-up to fill?

Why would a starter on a 5-12 Rated Team want to ride the pine on a Top 4 team? And would never want to be in the non-dressed out 4 for a Top 4?

Yah, I get it with the training and quality... I always enjoy watching a good player "juke" a good player on a good team...
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 28/04/10, 08:23 am

Nobody (or their parent) ever thinks their kid is going to another team to "ride the pine".

I doubt anyone goes above 20 and that includes 2 keepers.

I think injuries are also a factor ... I hear that 2-3 girls are constantly injured from U16-U18.

Ultimately, I agree that if your DD isn't playing, there isn't any use being on the team.
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? Empty Injuries and School Activities

Post by dumbdad9596 28/04/10, 09:16 am

The hole in AgGermany's math is how many players can't play do to an injury or school activity? X-Country meets, Track Meets, field trips, etc. These last two years we had a roster of 16 that ended up playing with 1 field sub and a field player in goal and this year 18 ending the season with 2-3 subs.

I see the debate as it is better to be a bench player on a top team that goes to the showcases, but you don't get showcased much or a significant contributor to a lesser team?

From a recruiting standpoint my hunch is the top team label helps more than playing time on a lesser team. From a development point I don't have a clue.
dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 28/04/10, 09:27 am

An athlete shouldnt ever be satisfied with sitting the bench. The real question is are they willing to put in the work both at practice and on their own to warrant additional minutes. Then it is up to the player to seize opportunity when it knocks. All coaches are going to play the players that they think give them the best chance of winning the game.
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 28/04/10, 09:39 am

dumbdad9596 wrote:The hole in AgGermany's math is how many players can't play do to an injury or school activity? X-Country meets, Track Meets, field trips, etc. These last two years we had a roster of 16 that ended up playing with 1 field sub and a field player in goal and this year 18 ending the season with 2-3 subs.

I see the debate as it is better to be a bench player on a top team that goes to the showcases, but you don't get showcased much or a significant contributor to a lesser team?

From a recruiting standpoint my hunch is the top team label helps more than playing time on a lesser team. From a development point I don't have a clue.

I honestly don't know either if it's better to be a bench player for the #1 LH team or play 90% of the game for the #5 LH team when it comes to recruiting by college coaches. My gut tells me that the kid getting the playing time will be be better developed and have a greater chance of success in college than the other and you would think the "recruiter" would notice.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 28/04/10, 09:45 am

You would think playing for #5 gives you a better chance than sitting for #1 ... assuming #5 can actually get in some venues that will have college coaches.

#5 is typically not in Premier, National, or Elite Leagues ... they surely won't be at Regionals or Nationals. I guess they need to make sure to sign up and get accepted to some decent showcases.

I guess #5 for 95G would be Revolution ... right? Isn't Rev becoming FCD? I guess Rev will be playing EliteB this coming year as the top FCD 95G team ... isn't that how it would work? That's probably good opportunity for exposure.

On the other hand playing for #9 in D2 may get less notice than coming off the bench for #1.

This is all assuming your DD wants to play in college ... if it doesn't matter, it's always better to be playing the game and be on the field.
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 28/04/10, 09:51 am

Also Kenshi Dave wrote:You would think playing for #5 gives you a better chance than sitting for #1 ... assuming #5 can actually get in some venues that will have college coaches.

#5 is typically not in Premier, National, or Elite Leagues ... they surely won't be at Regionals or Nationals. I guess they need to make sure to sign up and get accepted to some decent showcases.

I guess #5 for 95G would be Revolution ... right? Isn't Rev becoming FCD? I guess Rev will be playing EliteB this coming year as the top FCD 95G team ... isn't that how it would work? That's probably good opportunity for exposure.

On the other hand playing for #9 in D2 may get less notice than coming off the bench for #1.

This is all assuming your DD wants to play in college ... if it doesn't matter, it's always better to be playing the game and be on the field.

So are Vegas, Disney, College Station exclusively ECNL events now or do they still accept non-BCS schools? Player Movement Coming into U16? Icon_wink
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 28/04/10, 10:35 am

Those venues have both Elite A/B and National League going on ... I'm sure others showcase their but it might be tougher to get a coach to come watch ... ideally coach watches 2 quality teams at most of those games.
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 28/04/10, 12:38 pm

What will get noticed is the skill and difference making of the player in the game. So, #1 is getting on the field, and #2 is being seen enough to be noticed...

Bottom line is that the Top 4 Teams are stacked with "A" players say 1-16 of 18, and for example the #5-8 Rated Teams have less "A" players to employ say 6-10 in starting line up, teams #9-15- have only a few "A" players, say 4-7.

So the players should naturally move to be to where they can be Starting for a Team with the most "A" players, therefore, Teams #5-8 stand to gain the most by attracting "A" players from DI , and Teams #9-15 stand to gain the most by pulling A players up in DII.

Someone had mentioned NTxUnited, they stand to gain from A players at the Top, and TFC from the middle.

That is my theory of player relativity… Player Movement Coming into U16? Confused
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 28/04/10, 01:27 pm

With all of that movement towards the top there should be some holes to fill in D2. Any ideas as to what teams will need to fill the most ?
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbdad9596 28/04/10, 04:27 pm

Kenshi believes the offer to be #15-20# on a DTR or Sting is a no brainer and does not forecast any movement. The replies seem to indicate that staying is not a good strategy. Why do they stay?
dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 28/04/10, 04:31 pm

I'm not sure where you are getting that ... I never said nor do I believe it is good to be 15-20 on any team.

I was just pointing out how some think of it.
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbdad9596 28/04/10, 04:45 pm

Kenshi..I am just quoting you....

"Texans: Won Premier and National League giving them an automatic bid to Regionals and Nationals ... It would be hard for anyone to want to leave
that opportunity behind."

Now to be fair to Kenshi, he does qualify the previous Sting statement that it will be hard for any player getting time to leave, but no such qualification for the Big Red!!

Player Movement Coming into U16? Icon_lol
dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 28/04/10, 05:05 pm

Well ...

Texans and Sting are a specific situation ... not just any top 4 regional team across the US ... the specific opportunity of Regionals and Nationals ... and a shot at the National Championship.

I was speaking purely from a sentimental point ... If you are a Texan 95 you've worked hard and been successful all year long ... winning Premier and National Leagues with the girls that are your best friends ...

You are now given the opportunity to go to Regionals ... maybe 1 in a thousand select soccer players get that chance ... 10 days during the summer out of town.

You are also given the opportunity to go to Nationals ... maybe 1 in 10,000 select soccer players get that chance ... a bid for a national championship (one of 6 teams) ... another 7 days with your buddies out of town. That's about as big as it gets if you are into Select Soccer.

Sting has an automatic bid to regionals and after winning Elite and LHD1 they have to have a good shot at Nationals.

Even if you are #15 - 17 on those teams, it might be hard to pass it up.

If Texans weren't a lock for Nationals and the kid was 15-20, it would sort of be a no brainer to me. Of course at my house my U15 makes all these decisions for herself ... I'm too busy with my son's football (which is a real sport).
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 28/04/10, 07:12 pm

brokedawg wrote:An athlete shouldnt ever be satisfied with sitting the bench. The real question is are they willing to put in the work both at practice and on their own to warrant additional minutes. Then it is up to the player to seize opportunity when it knocks. All coaches are going to play the players that they think give them the best chance of winning the game.
Absolutely right Dawg...that is the key. Does the player have the self-confidence, drive and work-ethic to make their time on the field a necessity, regardless of whether they join the club as a starter or a bench player. In reality, nobody's role should be safe if the coach is truly inerested in what's best for the team. Every position should be open to fair competition at all times, right?....However, I'm not naive enough to assume that happens, especially on the top clubs where success has been enjoyed and the same girls have been starters for years.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/04/10, 09:21 pm

One additional factor that must come into play when discussing moving to one of the "elite" teams is the additional cost involved in traveling all over "hell and half of Georgia" to play games and tourney's. For many parents these additional costs prevent them from even attempting to move up to one of the 'elite' teams.
I don't really know and we will never find out if my DD could play for one of the "elite" teams or not, because there is no way that we could afford the extra expenses associated with these teams.

Which then also begs the question: How many other girls are out there that may or may not be good enough to play for one of the 'elite' teams but will never to get the opportunity because of the costs involved?

Don't get me wrong, I am not attacking those of you whose DD are on one of these 'elite' teams and can afford the expense involved or who are making the financial sacrifice to do this. To be honest, in many ways I am jealous of you, because I know that if my DD does get the opportunity to play college soccer it will most likely be at a DIII non scholarship school or a Northwestern Montana State. (Don't know if that is real school or not, just made it up).

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 28/04/10, 10:27 pm

Agreed ... You might get the $2,500 scholarship for Club Dues, but ....

$500 for uniforms, cleats and supplies
$500 worth of ticket, Hotel, team food, and coach travel per tournament x 4 ... $2,000
Tag it with another $500 per tournament (airfare and hotel) if you want to go and see your kid play x 4 tournaments ... $2,000

If you aren't scholarshiped you are getting up to $7,000 per year of soccer ... scholarshiped and you still pay half at least.

Many kids do extra paid skills or conditioning on top of that.

Yikes!!!
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 29/04/10, 01:42 am

Cost is an issue, but another problem is the parents lack of
confidence in their dd playing at the elite level. Unless
the club shows interest, most won't just reach out to the top teams.

On the other hand, the bottom players on the top teams tend hang on as
longas possible, until they are cut or the dd realizes they are not able to
contribute and quits altogether. What I have seen is that MOST won't
drop to a lesser team. The ones that stick around just enjoy the ride.
So is it sentiment or lack of options that keep the bottom players around. Say
what you want, there is a drop off in talent with DTR, Feet, and Solar
after # 13/14. It's relative, but there are a couple that would
struggle to get major minutes on even a middle Div 1 team..

There are still a few players at the bottom of Div I
and Div II who could play on the Top 4, but lack the confidence.

Re: the first post, Revolution finally appears to be ready for
implosion. Revolution is for sure losing 4 or 5 of their top players.
Their forward will land at Feet and the ball thrower and keeper are
headed south to the Lonestars.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Also Kenshi Dave 29/04/10, 08:18 am

Trans ... now that is some scoop! That could really help Lonestars.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Rev 95 was about to to become an FCD team ... Which seemed like a logical fit since FCD didn't have anything close to a D1 team at the 95 level. I figured it might give FCD a better showing at Elite.

Do I have that whole transition to FCD thing mixed up?
Also Kenshi Dave
Also Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 29/04/10, 08:25 am

I think more players should try out for the top teams. I don't think much time would have to be invested IF they weren't able to make the squads as the coaches would give them evaluations within a couple of practices. Not really much to lose and much to gain IF they could make a top squad IMHO. Shoot, prepare your dd for the worst case scenario and go for it!!!
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next