North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsToday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORToday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineToday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEToday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Player Movement Coming into U16?

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by RAYADOS04 02/07/10, 02:14 pm

[quote="Kenshi Dave"]Trans ... got ya ... makes perfect sense after upgrading Feet. Not sure about Texans losing "all their depth" ... they lost only one player that came off the bench to make an impact (and I think she will be missed at forward).

Arch, GW, & Ray ... Can you guys actually read? My post clearly puts Sting head of Texans and on par with Solar & Feet ... that is not arrogance ... I think that is pretty humble since Texans finished #2 in LH, won Premier League and won National League. You are so humble! Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes

Yes Kenshi, I can read. You are so silly, but I still think you are "ignorant", oops sorry I mean "arrogant". Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Icon_smile Now, let me help you a little bit with your "fuzzy" math, and make things a little bit more clear.

The dominant variable in your win/lose math is the 0 wins and 13 loses for Solar Red who was the "doormat" last season. As for your goal differential math, you forgot to mention that Solar Red accounted for GF - 3 and GA - 56. Plus, don't forget that Sting West and NTXU both had ties against teams in the top four. But, then of course your "arrogance" won't allow you to give credit, since it was only against 'Feet and Solar. Right?

Fact to the matter is that if the same bottom four teams were coming back to D1, and there was no shuffling of players then your math (predictions) would make more sense. Perhaps, one of the current bottom four teams will prove that point next season.

Kenshi, just remember many of the girls playing at this level are on teams with perhaps not the same number of caliber players as the top four, but that does not mean that they can't compete with your DD or the other players.

Let me remind you again:

LH 2010 Spring Season ---- Sting 4 - Texans 0; Sting crowned Grand Champions.

2010 Texas State Cup ---- Sting 1 - Texans 0; Sting crowned State Cup Champs.

2010 Regionals ---- Challenge 1 - Texans 0 in group play; Then Sting 5 - Challenge 0 in Semi's; Sting wins Regionals; Need to say more?

Sting is clearly in a league of their own!!

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Empty Re: Player Movement Coming into U16?

Post by Arch Stanton 02/07/10, 02:42 pm

My "arrogance" comment was directed at: "I am also very sure you are overestimating Sting B, N TX U, and TFC recruiting ... maybe an "A" compared to the girls that were already on the team, but no doubt few if any of their recruits would make an impact to the top 4 teams if those same recruits had gone there."-signed Kenshi Texan

You can spin it 47 different ways and talk about last year's standings or whatever as a re-direct all you want. Heck, be an arrogant jack for all I care. Your team certainly has accomplished alot as we are constantly reminded so be proud. Just don't bash the girls on my dds team or the new recruits. A little more class on your part and you may climb yourself out of that #2 hole.

And as far as who we picked up and who stayed, you will see all 20 of them this Fall. At this point, it can't come soon enough.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 02/07/10, 03:16 pm

Except for mentioning the Texans Arrogance, I have to disagree with Arch. Come on!The bottom four may have the occassional tie. But they will not be battling with the top four.

I agree with Ray that strong talant exists on the bottom four and these players are probably stronger than some players on the top 4, and they will be noticed by colleges. United is no exception. The Solar forward that you picked up is a good example of a strong pick up. However the top four are stronger throughout the roster. That is the difference.

It is great that North Texas United is carrying 20 players. The reality is that they are carrying 20 mostly average players compared to the Texans, Feet and Solar who may be carrying two or three.

The biggest issue right now is that the Texans did not do enough to separate themselves on the national level. The jury is out on Solar and Feet. However they and the other 3 teams are in a different class on the local level.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 02/07/10, 03:25 pm

transformer wrote:Except for mentioning the Texans Arrogance, I have to disagree with Arch. Come on!The bottom four may have the occassional tie. But they will not be battling with the top four.

I agree with Ray that strong talant exists on the bottom four and these players are probably stronger than some players on the top 4, and they will be noticed by colleges. United is no exception. The Solar forward that you picked up is a good example of a strong pick up. However the top four are stronger throughout the roster. That is the difference.

It is great that North Texas United is carrying 20 players. The reality is that they are carrying 20 mostly average players compared to the Texans, Feet and Solar who may be carrying two or three.

The biggest issue right now is that the Texans did not do enough to separate themselves on the national level. The jury is out on Solar and Feet. However they and the other 3 teams are in a different class on the local level.

When exactly did I say that sparky?
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 02/07/10, 03:31 pm

Ray ... you keep talking about your girls competing with the top 4 (or Texans Specifically) and then refer to Texans vs. Sting. What a cop-out.

How has your daughter's team done against Sting or Texans? Have they ever won a game? How about tied a game? How about even scored?

Fuzzy Math: So let's take Solar Red out of the equation ... 9 wins out of 42 games played (21% win ratio ... 79% loss ratio). Still no wins against top 4 teams and a -49 goal differencial. Yeah ... that's much better.

Arch ... "Bash" ... this is an opinion that will be supported again by the results of the top 4 competing against the bottom 4 ... this isn't a bash against your daughter ... this is simply how it is when discussing the realities of D1 (results and recruiting) ... The realities of D1 include Sting 95 dominance (and I always note such).

I think you are affiliated with N Tx U ... they are clearly a D1 team, worked hard to get there, and managed to stay there ... sounds like you guys are eager to take it to us ... I'm not particularly worried the outcome against N Tx U , Rev, or TFC ... I do believe that Sting Blue may actually be the strongest of the bottom 4 teams.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Empty ECNL and New Rosters

Post by soccerbum 02/07/10, 03:42 pm

Perhaps a diversion to change the tone of the thread a bit?

How do these roster changes affect ECNL, particularly in the upcoming Championship/relegation/promotion tournament? Can Feet, Sting, Solar and FC Dallas bring their new roster players, or is the roster frozen like in National League?

If its frozen, does that mean some of Feet's former players will travel to Seattle to get the exposure or do they play with a short roster?

soccerbum
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 02/07/10, 03:44 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:Ray ... you keep talking about your girls competing with the top 4 (or Texans Specifically) and then refer to Texans vs. Sting. What a cop-out.

How has your daughter's team done against Sting or Texans? Have they ever won a game? How about tied a game? How about even scored?

Fuzzy Math: So let's take Solar Red out of the equation ... 9 wins out of 42 games played (21% win ratio ... 79% loss ratio). Still no wins against top 4 teams and a -49 goal differencial. Yeah ... that's much better.

Arch ... "Bash" ... this is an opinion that will be supported again by the results of the top 4 competing against the bottom 4 ... this isn't a bash against your daughter ... this is simply how it is when discussing the realities of D1 (results and recruiting) ... The realities of D1 include Sting 95 dominance (and I always note such).

I think you are affiliated with N Tx U ... they are clearly a D1 team, worked hard to get there, and managed to stay there ... sounds like you guys are eager to take it to us ... I'm not particularly worried the outcome against N Tx U , Rev, or TFC ... I do believe that Sting Blue may actually be the strongest of the bottom 4 teams.

The whole top 4 bottom 4 thing really cracks me up. There is essentially a #1 and everyone else just trying to get there. That's the point of compettion right?
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 02/07/10, 04:23 pm

Sting has 8 original 9 Sting lifers 18 from U15 and we will carry 20 players U16 we have not played with 18 since U14 we have had at least one injury every game. During the fall season we played the OK. Hurricanes with a total of 12 players our keeper gave us 15 good minutes at forward. So we are pleased with 20 players and we still are not healthy. “However we look good” LOL.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 02/07/10, 05:45 pm

Sting 20 including 2 Keepers . . . 8 from original U11 Roster ... 18 from U15 roster (all starters from U15 returning).

Texans 18 including 2 Keepers ... 8 from original U11 Roster ... 14 from U15 roster (all starters from U15 returning).

Feet 17 including 2 Keepers ... 4 from original U11 Roster ... 10 from U15 roster (9 starters returning).

Solar X including Y Keepers ... 5 from the original U11 Roster ... Z from U15 roster

Stats on other 95 teams?
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 02/07/10, 09:46 pm

The DI #1, Top 4, bottom 4 is a legitimate discussion. As noted, everyone wants to get to DI and get a shot at the Top. Realistically it is clear something has to change the equation in the Top 4 for anything to really change, it sounds by all accounts that it did not. I am quite surprised that Feet have 7 new players, how will that play out ? We shall see…

Who stays in DI? Who will be beaten into submission as Solar Red was last year, and Sting West was finally toppled out? Clearly TFC made it to the promise land but it will be a short stay. Sting Blue, Rev, and NTxU should be in a rolling gun fight to stay a the Top.

DII, nary a word… what are the off season changes for the middle 5?

Sting Royal –

Tx Spirit-

ASG Gold-

Texans Red N-

Strikers-

The 3 coming up are:

Solar Blue surely added quality going to DII

FCD Red (I am supposing they are attractive moving up)

Solar Red. (former FWU)

What happening with Sting West?
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 03/07/10, 08:25 am

Feet's new players are not new to D1 soccer ... they are new to Feet ...

They include 1 Forward from Texans that I beleive will be an impact player immediately.

3 - 5 come from Rev.

There's always the "Team" thing that needs to be put together, but I think they got quite a bit of D1 experience and talent.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 05/07/10, 08:47 am

RAYADOS04 wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:Arrogance always comes before the fall. Not sure what it means for the guy that is always second best. Guess we will see soon enough.

LH 2010 Spring Season ---- Sting 4 - Texans 0; Sting crowned Grand Champions.

2010 Texas State Cup ---- Sting 1 - Texans 0; Sting crowned State Cup Champs.

2010 Regionals ---- Challenge 1 - Texans 0 in group play; Then Sting 5 - Challenge 0 in Semi's; Sting wins Regionals; Need to say more?

Kenshi just doesn't get it. Texans do get credit for taking advantage of Sting's unlucky injuries last Fall. But in the Spring: They lose top spot in LH's, lose to an average Solar team in the Spring, tie Sting Blue DII in group play and are fortunate to advance at State Cup, and a poor showing at Regionals. But, they are headed to Nationals. Go figure.

Granted, Texans did not have a great spring. But we are headed to Nationals because we beat Blues, Hurricanes, VSA, Sockers, NSA, tied Surf and lost a meaningless game 3-2 to Scorpions to get there. Sting beat Hurricanes, Challenge, GSA, Lady Lobos and Space Coast to make it. Which route was harder?

I do think it's interesting that you always fail to take into consideration that the previous 3 games we played with Sting, our record is 1-0-2 with the 2 ties being on questionable penalty kicks by Sting. Were they not healthy then either?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 05/07/10, 10:08 pm

AgGermany wrote:

DII, nary a word… what are the off season changes for the middle 5?

Sting Royal –

Tx Spirit-

ASG Gold-

Texans Red N-

Strikers-

The 3 coming up are:

Solar Blue surely added quality going to DII

FCD Red (I am supposing they are attractive moving up)

Solar Red. (former FWU)

What happening with Sting West?

I have personal knowledge of an addition to one of those teams. But I'm not talking. Wink
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 05/07/10, 11:02 pm

Lets see...Strikers? Your DD?

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 06/07/10, 12:21 am

transformer wrote:Lets see...Strikers? Your DD?

Wow, that backfired. Shocked
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 06/07/10, 11:44 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Granted, Texans did not have a great spring. But we are headed to Nationals because we beat Blues, Hurricanes, VSA, Sockers, NSA, tied Surf and lost a meaningless game 3-2 to Scorpions to get there. Sting beat Hurricanes, Challenge, GSA, Lady Lobos and Space Coast to make it. Which route was harder?

I do think it's interesting that you always fail to take into consideration that the previous 3 games we played with Sting, our record is 1-0-2 with the 2 ties being on questionable penalty kicks by Sting. Were they not healthy then either?
Good thing you didn't have to go through a healthy Sting team to get there Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 06/07/10, 11:52 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
Kenshi Dave wrote:Ray ... you keep talking about your girls competing with the top 4 (or Texans Specifically) and then refer to Texans vs. Sting. What a cop-out.

The whole top 4 bottom 4 thing really cracks me up. There is essentially a #1 and everyone else just trying to get there. That's the point of compettion right?
I'll take Arch with his 6-shooter over Kenshi with his samurai sword. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Icon_lol
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 06/07/10, 12:02 pm

gdubya wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I'll take Arch with his 6-shooter over Kenshi with his samurai sword. Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Icon_lol

You're bored, aren't you? Come on man you still got to cheer for them at Nationals. I hope it is a Sting/Texans final decided by PKs and may the best team win and Kenshi get ejected early for being dressed like a ninja.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 22/07/10, 06:49 pm

It will be a long year on the national stage for the Texans.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 23/07/10, 10:47 am

transformer wrote:It will be a long year on the national stage for the Texans.

easy there skippy....anyone can have a bad tournament. they have a track record of NOT having "tough years", so lets just see how it pans out before we start worrying about the top Texans team in the 95 age group.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 23/07/10, 09:07 pm

BigBoy wrote:

easy there skippy....anyone can have a bad tournament. they have a track record of NOT having "tough years", so lets just see how it pans out before we start worrying about the top Texans team in the 95 age group.
You've become quite the Texans protector....
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 23/07/10, 09:42 pm

gdubya wrote:
BigBoy wrote:

There may be reason behind it, but at the same time....dont you think its a tad goofy to be prognosticating that the same Texans team that in the last 12 months has beaten top teams from all over the country will struggle this next year? I just thought the statement was fairly clearly incorrect, so I said something.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 24/07/10, 07:34 am

BigBoy wrote:
gdubya wrote:
BigBoy wrote:

There may be reason behind it, but at the same time....dont you think its a tad goofy to be prognosticating that the same Texans team that in the last 12 months has beaten top teams from all over the country will struggle this next year? I just thought the statement was fairly clearly incorrect, so I said something.

From looking at the results in the spring season, it could be a long year with the level of competition they play unless something is done to improve the defense. It is the only Texan team you will see giving up 3+ goals in any games to anyone.
If they can tighten up the defense they will be fine.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 24/07/10, 10:55 pm

Transformer ... 95 Texans not able to compete at a National Level?

Your dislike of Texans 95 is clouding you from seeing their accomplishments and their future.

Let's see ... the team that won both Premier League and National League didn't lose any starters. National Champions Sting beat Texans 1-0 in the final of State Cup in May.

The 14 girls that went to the National Championships, finishing #3, beating the Western Region Champions and tieing the PA state Champions won't be able to compete nationally? Certainly they struggled against the NE Region champs from MA, but I believe Texans 95 Girls will compete very favorable on the national scene at U16 again this year.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 25/07/10, 12:29 am

Kenshi Dave wrote:Transformer ... 95 Texans not able to compete at a National Level?

Your dislike of Texans 95 is clouding you from seeing their accomplishments and their future.

Let's see ... the team that won both Premier League and National League didn't lose any starters. National Champions Sting beat Texans 1-0 in the final of State Cup in May.

The 14 girls that went to the National Championships, finishing #3, beating the Western Region Champions and tieing the PA state Champions won't be able to compete nationally? Certainly they struggled against the NE Region champs from MA, but I believe Texans 95 Girls will compete very favorable on the national scene at U16 again this year.
Get that keeper from Spirit and scholarship a few more 96's and you'll be just fine Player Movement Coming into U16? - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformer 26/07/10, 01:51 pm

I should be corrected. The Texans will compete on the national stage. But the expectations for the top Texans teams are to win or be very close. Will that happen? Don't bring up third place at Nationals. The fact that you lost zero starters is precisely why the Texans will find it difficult on the national stage. By now some should have been replaced. This doesn't take away from the many talanted players. But are you talanted enough throughout your starters. 6 goals against tells me that the answer is no.

transformer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next