North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 G Texas Cup - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

05 G Texas Cup

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

05 G Texas Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 G Texas Cup

Post by thunderlipz 29/11/14, 07:30 pm

Black Sheep wrote:
05girls wrote:Is this hyppia yellow card thing real or is someone just stirring the pot?  if real, what if any repercussions are there for a team/player being deliberate about dirty play?

There is no dirty play going on. Get over it. What is real is the score from the semi tonight. Hyypia over Pulp 1-0
Was it in regulation or PK's?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 29/11/14, 07:33 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
05girls wrote:Is this hyppia yellow card thing real or is someone just stirring the pot?  if real, what if any repercussions are there for a team/player being deliberate about dirty play?

There is no dirty play going on. Get over it. What is real is the score from the semi tonight. Hyypia over Pulp 1-0

regulation
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 29/11/14, 07:34 pm

Congrats on the win, but why do they keep getting yellow cards? I said in a previous post months ago i've never seen a yellow card given at this age. Hyppia has picked up 4?! Just a little odd is all, and hopefully nobody gets seriously hurt by this non-dirty play.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 29/11/14, 07:39 pm

05girls wrote:Congrats on the win, but why do they keep getting yellow cards?  I said in a previous post months ago i've never seen a yellow card given at this age.  Hyppia has picked up 4?!  Just a little odd is all, and hopefully nobody gets seriously hurt by this non-dirty play.

There have been a couple of yellows for a late tackle. was not playing dirty or trying to hurt anyone. Very aggressive and physical team and sometimes tackles are late and miss timed. I assure you no one is teaching them to play dirty
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 29/11/14, 07:47 pm

Black Sheep wrote:
05girls wrote:Congrats on the win, but why do they keep getting yellow cards?  I said in a previous post months ago i've never seen a yellow card given at this age.  Hyppia has picked up 4?!  Just a little odd is all, and hopefully nobody gets seriously hurt by this non-dirty play.

There have been a couple of yellows for a late tackle. was not playing dirty or trying to hurt anyone. Very aggressive and physical team and sometimes tackles are late and miss timed. I assure you no one is teaching them to play dirty
What do you call late tackles from Behind? Or miss timed out of control Tackles? If that's Not Dirty play I don't know what is. Do you think it has to do with Playing against those older boys teams?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 29/11/14, 07:50 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

What do you call late tackles from Behind? Or miss timed out of control Tackles? If that's Not Dirty play I don't know what is. Do you think it has to do with Playing against those older boys teams?

no one said from behind. but if a girl is coming in to make a tackle and the other player releases the ball right before the tackle is made, its a late tackle. there is no intent there. taking someone out intentionally is dirty play.
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 29/11/14, 07:57 pm

Look, you can make excuses but the reality is if these girls are making late challenges on the ball and are picking up cards for it at u10. You've earned the dirty team label. That's perception and perception in most cases is reality. I've witnessed several players being carried off playing against this team and intent or not girls are getting injured because of it. If the coach and parents are endorsing late challenges and out of control play, then that's a huge problem. Not the right way to teach. So intent is irrelevant at this point.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 29/11/14, 08:00 pm

almost every game i've seen at this age, has what you are describing above -- "a girl coming in to make a tackle and the other player releases the ball right before it's made". But again, not once have I seen a yellow. Maybe nobody is coaching them to do it, but sounds like nobody is also coaching them to NOT do it.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 29/11/14, 08:01 pm

thunderlipz wrote:Look, you can make excuses but the reality is if these girls are making late challenges on the ball and are picking up cards for it at u10. You've earned the dirty team label. That's perception and perception in most cases is reality. I've witnessed several players being carried off playing against this team and intent or not girls are getting injured because of it. If the coach and parents are endorsing late challenges and out of control play, then that's a huge problem. Not the right way to teach. So intent is irrelevant at this point.

I haven't seen anyone "carried off". I have seen some girls crying after CLEAN tackles as well. A hard or physical tackle does not always equal a foul or dirty. Stop your crying
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 29/11/14, 08:10 pm

Black Sheep wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:Look, you can make excuses but the reality is if these girls are making late challenges on the ball and are picking up cards for it at u10. You've earned the dirty team label. That's perception and perception in most cases is reality. I've witnessed several players being carried off playing against this team and intent or not girls are getting injured because of it. If the coach and parents are endorsing late challenges and out of control play, then that's a huge problem. Not the right way to teach. So intent is irrelevant at this point.

I haven't seen anyone "carried off". I have seen some girls crying after CLEAN tackles as well. A hard or physical tackle does not always equal a foul or dirty. Stop your crying
Your FOS. I've seen 3 players carried off playing against you guys and it's been the same Mid all three times that has made a very late tackle from behind. Sounds like you guys promote that kind of thing and that leads me to believe the intent is there. But your right, who cares if players get hurt. carry on!!!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomTeeth 29/11/14, 08:38 pm

Whenever I've watched Hyypia including today they seemed very athletic and dedicated, not dirty.
Looks like very sour and whiny grapes from losing parents.
Hyypia looked the real deal v Pulp. Looked like they had some sideline help from LP top brass too.
WisdomTeeth
WisdomTeeth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

05 G Texas Cup - Page 2 Empty Hyypia Yellow Cards

Post by Bueller? 29/11/14, 08:44 pm

REAL. This has continued game after game.....They have had 4 or 5 in recent games. And yes they received another in yesterdays game with Scarfone. I have seen players carried off.

Bueller?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 29/11/14, 08:46 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

Your FOS. I've seen 3 players carried off playing against you guys and it's been the same Mid all three times that has made a very late tackle from behind. Sounds like you guys promote that kind of thing and that leads me to believe the intent is there. But your right, who cares if players get hurt. carry on!!!

We had 2 hurt by the same player last season. I'm sorry but officials don't issue cards at this age for "mistimed" tackles, they issue them for what is considered deliberate and dangerous play. Watching this player leap in with her cleats up into the back of one of our players legs when the ball was 2-3 yards away and attempt the same thing 5 minutes later just adds to what is becoming a pattern that I believe while not being encouraged, isn't exactly being dissuaded either. The parents screaming abuse at the officials every time she gets cautioned probably goes a long way to communicating to her that it's ok. I don't believe TD would promote such a thing but parents shouting out 'great tackle' every time she takes somebody out does promote it.

I disagree with it being a dirty team though, it's always the same source.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 29/11/14, 08:49 pm

WisdomTeeth wrote:Whenever I've watched Hyypia including today they seemed very athletic and dedicated, not dirty.
Looks like very sour and whiny grapes from losing parents.
Hyypia looked the real deal v Pulp. Looked like they had some sideline help from LP top brass too.
Hey is that a real life photo of you?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 29/11/14, 09:16 pm

Hyypia was was shown a card for nothing more than shielding the ball while being beat and pushed by the other player. The refs don't just hand out cards? They don't know WHAT they are handing out a card for half the time.
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 29/11/14, 09:28 pm

Come on man! 5 yellows!!! 5! Fffffffiiiiiiivvvvvveeeeee!

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Sheep 29/11/14, 09:30 pm

the7wolf wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

We had 2 hurt by the same player last season. I'm sorry but officials don't issue cards at this age for "mistimed" tackles, they issue them for what is considered deliberate and dangerous play. Watching this player leap in with her cleats up into the back of one of our players legs when the ball was 2-3 yards away and attempt the same thing 5 minutes later just adds to what is becoming a pattern that I believe while not being encouraged, isn't exactly being dissuaded either. The parents screaming abuse at the officials every time she gets cautioned probably goes a long way to communicating to her that it's ok. I don't believe TD would promote such a thing but parents shouting out 'great tackle' every time she takes somebody out does promote it.

Don't remember a card being issued. Guess the ref didn't see it the same as you
Black Sheep
Black Sheep
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 29/11/14, 10:01 pm

Black Sheep wrote:
the7wolf wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

Don't remember a card being issued. Guess the ref didn't see it the same as you

Didn't say she got a card in that game, just more examples of the same player repeating the same pattern. Still, in select the refs will start issuing them more frequently and maybe her monthly visits to the LH disciplinary committee might lead to a change.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheRun 29/11/14, 10:04 pm

This age group cracks me up and reminds me of many age groups before it with all the individual and specific pettiness.  Yes, I've been around here for awhile with 4 kids going through academy/select.  I now have a niece in this '05 mix and my interest and need for entertainment have come full circle.  My suggestion for many of you is to keep your focus on the actual soccer being played by your own daughter's teams...not on the one-off situations with players and parent issues.  If you are obsessed with a one-off player issue (which 2-3 of you obviously seem to be in this case) then get back to focusing on your own daughter and her team for their own sake.  I mean...has it really come to a point that 2-3 of you are constantly posting on this forum about one player in the '05 age group?? Seriously?? My takeaway from experience is that you are probably complaining about a situation like this because your daughter is on a lower ranked team and you have nothing else to complain about that than something like this.  Am I right?  

Congrats to Hypia and Texans for getting their way to the finals of this tournament.  I have watched both teams play this Fall...both are very good and physical in each their own way.  I would suggest that both coaches have served their players correctly in getting them ready to turn select and be tough.  Nothing more.

OnTheRun
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/14, 10:27 pm

Black Sheep wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

regulation

How about the other semi? Was that 1-0 in regulation or did it go to OT/PK's?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 29/11/14, 10:32 pm

Pravda wrote:This age group cracks me up and reminds me of many age groups before it with all the individual and specific pettiness.  Yes, I've been around here for awhile with 4 kids going through academy/select.  I now have a niece in this '05 mix and my interest and need for entertainment have come full circle.  My suggestion for many of you is to keep your focus on the actual soccer being played by your own daughter's teams...not on the one-off situations with players and parent issues.  If you are obsessed with a one-off player issue (which 2-3 of you obviously seem to be in this case) then get back to focusing on your own daughter and her team for their own sake.  I mean...has it really come to a point that 2-3 of you are constantly posting on this forum about one player in the '05 age group??  Seriously??  My takeaway from experience is that you are probably complaining about a situation like this because your daughter is on a lower ranked team and you have nothing else to complain about that than something like this.  Am I right?  

Congrats to Hypia and Texans for getting their way to the finals of this tournament.  I have watched both teams play this Fall...both are very good and physical in each their own way.  I would suggest that both coaches have served their players correctly in getting them ready to turn select and be tough.  Nothing more.  

Been around awhile myself. People who post long back-stories' justifying why they are about to comment in a particular thread using new or rarely used logins are full of crap. I'm guessing you are the parent of complained about player am I right?

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 29/11/14, 10:42 pm

Pravda, everyone agrees you are more awesome than we are since this is your 5th trip down this path (wow, can that actually be true?)! Unfortunately you are off base. For me, I just enjoy partaking in a good ol fashion sports debate. A 9/10 year old soccer player getting carded repeatedly and hearing both sides defend it is entertainment to me -- yes I lead a boring life. I have no skin in the game and don't really care all that much. But as you suggest, I'll go back to worrying about my inferior daughter and her inferior team and will try my best to not have an opinion going forward.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 29/11/14, 11:17 pm

Who was the Hyypia guest player?  It wasn't the best 05 player in NTX was it?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 30/11/14, 06:03 am

No, I gave her the weekend off. Smile
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tar Heel 30/11/14, 07:51 am

It's real. Had the same Hyppia girl take out my daughter twice as well as a few others TSC players (ball usually wasn't even close to the play). Game got WAY out of hand with one of their parents threatening the ref and then got escorted off by the TD. That
LP player never did get a yellow, she should have gotten a red! Everything I saw looked as if it was deliberate and will continue until refs get a backbone and start carding.
Tar Heel
Tar Heel
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by namkcih 30/11/14, 08:37 am

I imagine that the league/tournament organizers occasionally look at this board and have probably read the many posts/threads around this same subject. We should now consider that they have been put on notice.

namkcih
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next