North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Did you hear....? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Did you hear....?

Go down

Did you hear....? Empty Did you hear....?

Post by BigEnchilada 20/05/15, 11:57 pm

Gunners are on the bubble to lock in a bye in D3. They will also be moving to Texas Spirit to be the 00 team. Rumbles through the ranks are being felt now, discontent also prevalent as jaw dropping club fees will take effect. Lots of uncertainty as to what players will actually open their checkbooks and make the move. Discontent setting in as no one knows who's going where or doing what. As an independent team one can assume fees were around $1000, but soon to come ill be $3000?

Welcome to club my fellow peeps! If this is rumor is true, i predict a Gunners meltdown, team folds, and players scramble. TS like most clubs will encourage selling hotdogs at the AAC, to entice them to stay.
BigEnchilada
BigEnchilada
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Did you hear....? Empty Re: Did you hear....?

Post by InaB 21/05/15, 08:10 am

Hi Big, it is that time of the year - Sadly.
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 21/05/15, 08:24 am

Actually, I see that as a good move. It is extremely tough and demanding to survive as an independent. TX Spirit can provide admin and support structures for the team. Being a part of a club will relieve the coach of some of the planning task and lets him \ her concentrate on doing what they do best, coach.

disclaimer, I am not with Spirit nor have I ever played with TXS, but I do respect a lot of the coaches and stability that TXS has shown over a long period of time.

Congrats Gunners as you have just unlocked an achievement on the select soccer seriousness level.

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/05/15, 08:53 am

I thought they were very good when we played them. They had consistent, threatening, offensive possession. Our scores were lopsided because they played the offside trap the entire game and we finally timed a few runs and through balls correctly. I thought they had the talent to play a more straight up defense, but they never did.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 21/05/15, 08:54 am

Noob wrote:Actually, I see that as a good move.  It is extremely tough and demanding to survive as an independent.    TX Spirit can provide admin and support structures for the team.    Being a part of a club will relieve the coach of some of the planning task and lets him \ her concentrate on doing what they do best, coach.  

disclaimer, I am not with Spirit nor have I ever played with TXS, but I do respect a lot of the coaches and stability that TXS has shown over a long period of time.    

Congrats Gunners as you have just unlocked an achievement on the select soccer seriousness level.      

now pay up Twisted Evil

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 21/05/15, 08:58 am

Noob wrote:Actually, I see that as a good move.  It is extremely tough and demanding to survive as an independent.    TX Spirit can provide admin and support structures for the team.    Being a part of a club will relieve the coach of some of the planning task and lets him \ her concentrate on doing what they do best, coach.  

I guess it depends on how you define "good".

My guess is that most people on independent teams are just fine paying $2000 less for their team.  If they move to Spirit and maintain their same coach, do you honestly believe that TXS will suddenly bring $2000 of value?

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigEnchilada 21/05/15, 11:38 am

Noob, I heard Gunners started as a rec team moving up thru the ranks and picking up key talent along the way. Being an independent was a good thing for them, and probably what kept them together. A mish mash of rough & tough raw talent that fought its way into D3.

Any club can provide "admin and support", a good manager can do that - its not hard - its tedious but not hard, and that's why most mgr's kids get free rides. "Being a part of a club will relieve the coach...." Again, this is the role of the mgr.

I am sure TX Spirit can offer as much as other clubs - Texans, Sting, FCD, Liverpool - all player mills, that can offer exposure and have connections. Club may be stable - but coaches, like players, come and go. They may be able to provide the showcases, but are college coaches really looking at U15 now, or focusing on the 2015, 2016, class, the ENCL, D1 & D2 teams. These players are 14-15 - i doubt colleges are looking and showcase tourneys are benefiting them right now. This is a "selling opp" clubs use to retain and or bring in teams.

Could be beneficial if TS can take this team and ready them for exposure when the time comes. What does that mean? well, as all the player mills do, they will cut the fat and bring in players to showcase.

We'll see if the congrats are in order after the final games next weekend. An Achievement? by merging with a big club?
"Congrats Gunners as you have just unlocked an achievement on the select soccer seriousness level."
The achievement was getting to where they are by being an independent. Oh, the value a D3 spot brings is amazing.

What happens if they don't retain the bye? and don't requalify? Open checkbooks and pay $3000 for PPL D1? But, But .....of course we cant forget "they can also get admin and support" with those fries. more like "Tissue and a ride to the double AC to sell hotdogs, peanuts, and beer"
What happens if they do get the bye? they still need at least 75% of the players to come back to keep it. Business logic says "keep the fees the same, get them all to come back so the bye sticks, then bring in more players, cut the fat, change the name" Wala! there's the extra $2000 value as Soccer says"

May be a good thing, or the start of a complete meltdown. Again, I heard this is a rumor, but if you start seeing alot of Gunners players guest playing, then we'll all know.

I can see coaches licking their chops -waiting for June.
BigEnchilada
BigEnchilada
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 21/05/15, 01:01 pm

Sorry to piss on your tortilla, but if you want to stay Rec +, there is always Flash and plenty of other options. You are one month and 11 days away from being U16 which is the prime on collegiate recruiting. So moan and groan about the money, because college isn't cheap. A college coach will recognize Texans, Sting, FCD, and even ole little Spirit. So make your choices wisely.

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 21/05/15, 01:04 pm

Noob wrote:Sorry to piss on your tortilla, but if you want to stay Rec +, there is always Flash and plenty of other options.    You are one month and 11 days away from being U16 which is the prime on collegiate recruiting.   So moan and groan about the money, because college isn't cheap.    A college coach will recognize Texans, Sting, FCD, and even ole little Spirit.   So make your choices wisely.    

Apparently, select soccer is only for college-bound players.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 21/05/15, 01:09 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
Noob wrote:Sorry to piss on your tortilla, but if you want to stay Rec +, there is always Flash and plenty of other options.    You are one month and 11 days away from being U16 which is the prime on collegiate recruiting.   So moan and groan about the money, because college isn't cheap.    A college coach will recognize Texans, Sting, FCD, and even ole little Spirit.   So make your choices wisely.    

Select soccer is for highly driven competitive student athletes who love the beautiful game. This mindset lends itself to players who want to play even at the next level. The next level is collegiate soccer.

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/05/15, 01:12 pm

Hmmm...I see. So an independent in LH D-3 Will get less attention than all club teams no matter what level they are. No Sweet 16's here....You better get your sweet 16 butt in front of those colleges coaches. Remember this is about D-1 Scholarships.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 21/05/15, 01:15 pm

Noob wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:

Select soccer is for highly driven competitive student athletes who love the beautiful game.   This mindset lends itself to players who want to play even at the next level.   The next level is collegiate soccer.  

or,

Select soccer is for highly driven competitive student athletes who love the beautiful game.   They enjoy playing on a team with girls who they have developed relationships with over years, and see it as a competitive outlet at a level higher than that which they would find in High School (or in addition to).  However, they have no desire to continue their soccer experience as a collegiate athlete.  As such, they are satisfied at playing on the team they are on, paying only $1000 per year.

or

They can't afford  $3000-$5000 to year, and are overjoyed at the experience that Gunners provided for only $1000.

But nice of you to decide for everyone.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 21/05/15, 01:25 pm

As I have always believed, I hope select soccer is not Plan A for college tuition. Chances are that you would have been better off investing those funds all those years. Sure would be nice if it comes though.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 21/05/15, 02:36 pm

As a smaller non-ECNL club, Spirit has LH representation in 96, 97, 98, 99, 01, and 04 age groups with several of those being in D1. I would think the Gunners 00 team would fill a need/void if this is true. I would think the club also will try to fill the 02 and 03 void. One of the calling cards is NPL membership through City FC. I would think they could keep enough players to maintain the bye plus add talent to replace any that were lost. To the comment about seeing a lot of Gunners players guest playing, where would they go and remain on a solid LH team and not have to pay more than what they are paying now (presuming that $1,000 number is close to being accurate)? To me that number seems awfully low, maybe somebody can comment more on that.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 21/05/15, 02:40 pm

Kinda funny that the term "select soccer" is still being used. The last "club" to portray any semblance of "select soccer" was D'Feeters, until they went the way of multiple teams per age group.

Not trying to dis anyone. Just think that now we are more of a "club soccer" environment in NTX.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 21/05/15, 02:48 pm

Btw, how many spots will be open in D3 through relegation?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnerd 21/05/15, 03:07 pm

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 21/05/15, 03:20 pm

KnKsDad wrote:Btw, how many spots will be open in D3 through relegation?

Unless there is a crazy end of season resolution, there should be 4 spots open for the 2015-16 U16 DIII league.

Tx Spirit Gun 00 should receive a bye. cheers

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 27/05/15, 11:38 am

sportsnerd wrote:4

Thanks.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnerd 27/05/15, 10:06 pm

Gunners need a point in there last 2 games (not necessarily an easy feat as they play FWFC and Sporting) or a Meja loss to Fever. If there is a tie I believe Meja has the H2H tiebreaker and would receive the bye.

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 28/05/15, 10:31 am

You are correct about the tie breaker. And it's a distinct possibility that Meja can beat Fever since Meja has the motivation to try to avoid relegation and Fever is sort of a lame duck. But who knows who will show up at this point.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down