North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015 - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

04 Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015

Post by Guest 03/09/15, 06:13 pm

Y
Soccapeeps wrote:Elite came up short, but no doubt they were the best team last year in LH (no debating that?). "Year before last" is a weak @$$ argument for not playing for 2 years in theoretically the best local tournment. And yes, we will enjoy the attractions in the great city of Arlington this weekend where your team should probably be in.. lol  And don't bring that defending DTS Scott "are back" $hit...cause that dont work here.
Well what's is your team affiliation? So I can further expound!!no matter, Your proclamation is still weak as phuck and we all know that Elite is and was número uno and DTS is in a strong second. You can try and discredit my POV and Scott's accomplishment but the fact the you will be peeping the scene in Arlington this weekend lets me know that you really aren't worth this weak @$& debate... Don't let me find out from one of the more active board members that you're some....never mind I've said too much. Later Chauncey...

Back to top Go down

04 Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 Plano Labor Day Tournament 2015

Post by Soccapeeps 03/09/15, 06:49 pm

You're just repeating what I said originally. Elite "número uno" DTS "strong second" and whoever wins this is basically playing for third place, which equals weak gold bracket. 2+2=4 Chauncey....it's really not that hard to understand
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 03/09/15, 07:33 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:My reference to teams who "earn" and "didn't earn" a spot - is simply that DI has teams that, mathematically, had ZERO chance of getting into DI, but were awarded it anyway.  (DII and DIII as well - across all age groups)   I don't believe that applied to TSN.  Dude, don't take it so personally - but I know that is par for the course. My bad for seemingly taking it so personal, but why the repeated digs about "earn" and "didn't earn"? To me those comments express every bit the "taking it personal" as my reaction to them does. Again, in my initial post I even said that I was making a general statement and there will be exceptions and yet you threw a jab.

You expend tons of energy trying to convince everyone that there is somehow this "gap" between DI #15 and D2 #1 that is "wider" than some may think.  If the split had been made at #12 instead at #15, would you have been here saying that there is a "gap" wider than you would think between DI #12 and TSN? or said "gap" between TSN, Solar, and Hilton / Gut and all other DII teams?  (because that is where you have established said gap).  I am guessing not.  My point - the split was largely arbitrary - it had to happen somewhere and that was at #15 - and there is little or NO gap between the bottom of DI and the top of DII. I am not expending tons of energy trying to convince everyone of anything, but I am expending tons of energy responding to you which I am realizing is a mistake. Again, I made a general statement. I never specifically stated D1 #15 vs a D2 #1, you are adding those specifics. However, I personally do believe there was a fairly distinguishable break at around the #15 spot last season so I don't think it was quite so arbitrary. TSN was fully expecting to be D2 and was fine with that because that is what we earned based on our win/loss at the time. And yes, had the cutoff been made at #12 I would have said there was a gap with the rest of the D2 teams based on the rosters at that time, so you guessed wrong.

At this point, TSN likely sits near the bottom of DI.  Will they finish there?  Who knows?  That's why they play. When you say bottom, do you mean bottom of a top 10 or bottom of a top 15? Regardless, like you said, that is why they play - new season, new rosters, etc.

But to make a statement that this arbitrary cutoff somehow establishes a "gap" wider than some would think between these groups is ludicrous.  Had the season played out, it is highly likely TSN would be playing in DII. It's not the "arbitrary cut off" that establishes the gap, but play on the field last season. Had the season played out TSN likely would have finished #10 or #11 and if #10 would have potentially lost tie-breaker situation to Chacon and therefore be playing D2.

So - as you expend all you energy expousing that there is a gap wider than most would think between DI and DII - I remind you that TSN lost to Sting West (a team below said gap) 4-3 at Summer Splash.  IMO, Sting West is a better team - but hey, I'm sure you have a different opinion, but they were that day. I don't need a reminder, I was there. Sting West was better on that day and is likely a better team now, (surprised to hear me say that?) But they weren't last season and that was proven on the field. The "arbitrary" cut off for this upcoming season was made based on last season's play/rosters, right? I still stand by what I said and the phrasing of what I said including that there will prove to be exceptions - and that's because there have been changes with teams! Any team, including yours, that wants to prove to be one of those exceptions, could have started that process by playing in PLD Gold, like Andromeda, which is where this whole debate got started. TSN is there, and even if we get spanked in all our games, we are there.

Sting Angell tied Sting West last weekend in an competitive game.  Yes, TSN beat Angell in Summer Splash 3-1.  Your account will probably differ from mine, but IMO, the game was winnable by either team until the last 10 minutes. No problem with that statement.

The last time TSN beat a DI team looks to be Feb 14 - more than 6 months ago.  That same day, TSN beat Sting West 3-0. Not sure the point you're making but okay.

Now, if we want to ignore results on the field, that's fine too.  We can all sit here and agree that there is some arbitrary gap, wider than some would think, between the bottom of DI and the top of DII.  Any loss by a DI team to a DII team is "the exception."  If that massages your ego, that works fine for me too. It's not about ego, I only go with results on the field and call it like I see it and based on last season there was a noticeable gap IMO. This season's results could tell a different story. 

My daughter's team does not play DI, and we are fine with that.  They shouldn't be - but they are learning and developing.  I guess time will tell if TSN should be playing in DI. You say you're fine with not being in D1, yet you repeatedly indirectly throw darts at the lower D1 teams through criticizing the LH "arbitrary" cut off, so why do you care? I guess I am just taking it too personal when you make the statement that teams didn't earn it and my DD's team just happens to be one of those teams, but at least you can say that about our team because you know who we are. I still don't know who your team is, but that's par for the course too.

Sorry to break up the light hearted afternoon banter with this Tolstoy. I promise never to do it again.

Sorry, I thought the discussion was about your perception of a gap "wider than some expect" between D1 teams (including yours) and DII teams - THIS SEASON.  At this point, I don't think anyone really cares about your results, play on the field, or some gap last season - real or perceived.

"Like you said, it's just conjecture right now. I get the sense though that some posters on here (and I'm not directing this at you) who are connected with D2 and D3 teams somewhat underestimate the quality of the lower end D1 teams, perhaps feeling that they are on par with them when that gap is actually a bit wider at this point than they may think IMO."

If you concede that Sting West may be better than TSN this season, then what is the point of trying to distinguish TSN and your supposed "gap" between DI and DII?  A gap that, admittedly, may not exist?!?  Sorry, but your argument makes no sense -

a TSN team that, in your opinion, is not the bottom of DI

A Sting West team who tied Angell and has not established themselves as the best of DII

Sting West was better on that day and is likely a better team now

Logic like that kinda takes any wind out of an argument that any gap exists between the bottom of DI and the top of DII, let alone a gap "wider than some may think"  

I guess you got me. I responded to you point for point above and thought I was pretty clear. You started from the basis that last years results did not "earn" certain teams, incl. TSN, a league spot in D1, that it was simply arbitrary. You then cite a preseason tournament result from this year - with new players/rosters, etc. to make your case about the worthiness of the "reward" given to TSN, and others, for last season? Based on last seasons league results there was a definite gap in my opinion. Will that hold this year remains to be seen. This season may prove that there is absolutely no gap at all between the current bottom 5 D1 teams entering the season based on last years end of season league standings and the current D2/3 teams and if that is the case then so be it. Again, as I've stated multiple times, there could be/likely will be a couple of exceptions, but in my opinion collectively overall that gap between those current bottom 5 D1 teams going into this season and the rest of D2/3 was and still is wider than maybe you and others want to believe. Again this is just my personal opinion, I could be wrong. However, you want to bring up Sting West because it fits your narrative, but why not use your team as a basis of comparison? Why not, say, use your team compared to TSN for example? Something tells me we're not going to be able to do that though. Time will tell as the season plays out.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/09/15, 07:47 pm

JSoccapeeps wrote:You're just repeating what I said originally. Elite "número uno" DTS "strong second" and whoever wins this is basically playing for third place, which equals weak gold bracket. 2+2=4 Chauncey....it's really not that hard to understand
Right quick... Since when did PLD determine place and or ranking?! LH will determine that...you're a troll $&@#% that has no dog in the fight anyhow. See ya on 20 gimp...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/09/15, 08:10 pm

Soccapeeps wrote:This is a weak PLD Gold bracket...FCD Elite and DFeeter Black are playing for 3rd place.....I said it and you all privately agree.

The 2 best teams are not here.. DTS and LP Elite. DTS as always can't be found for PLD and LP Elite thinking they are better than they are.
Can anyone tell me if the winner in PLD, regardless to what team it may be, gets placed? Or do they just take home the trophy and PLD champion honors? 
Damn spectators wanna weigh in and create their own "FBR" system...

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/09/15, 08:44 pm

Damn you are dense   affraid

"My reference to teams who "earn" and "didn't earn" a spot - is simply that DI has teams that, mathematically, had ZERO chance of getting into DI, but were awarded it anyway.  (DII and DIII as well - across all age groups)   I don't believe that applied to TSN.  Dude, don't take it so personally - but I know that is par for the course."

and my premise is not that TSN didn't earn the spot - they were mathematically still in the hunt

Your premise was - there is a gap

So, I will end my comments here and make my point more concise.

Your gapped teeth got kicked by sting west.  and they would do it again.

There is no "gap" between the bottom of DI - which includes TSN - and the top of DII - which includes Sting West

IN MY OPINION - TSN is overrated and Sting West is better than at least 3 teams in DI

afro Peace out

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 09:13 am

Just to recap, Sting West finished first in D3 by 1 point last year. They lost a number of players, but managed to pick up over half of their talent from a D1 PPL team this offseason with a sub from a LH D1 and starter from LH D2 (current) team. I am not sure how that propels them over any D1 teams, but we'll see how the season shakes out for ya'll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 09:39 am

At qualifying last year I think they were better than about 4 LH D1 teams

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/09/15, 09:42 am

I think west could probably beat lp elite...but elites hiding and not playing 04 teams again.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 04/09/15, 09:45 am

I think the more important question in all this is if Spirit North is actually better now that plain ol' Spirit?

The "GAP" between 12 in D1 to 3 in D2 isn't that big IMO, the one between 1-5 in D1 and the rest of D1 is growing by leaps and bounds...and no FCD you don't get credit for developing that team.

What sucks in this isn't who got to stay in D1 and who didn't it the STUPID play in games half the league will end up playing in next summer. WTF is the value of playing an entire season just to get knocked down in one or two games. If that was the only way to resolve it they should of did that this summer, before the season. But back to the subject at hand...

I'll take D'Feet with an "upset" win over Elite in the Semi's and a tight fought final over their nemesis Scott. (insert definition by Bricktop here)

And really what is Sting Harr thinking in PLD Gold?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 10:07 am

Board is just mean and rude these days...but it definitely isn't because of the top 6 teams parents. And maybe not even because of LH parents either. Maybe that's why Go let yall have the forum?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 10:08 am

Board is just mean and rude these days...but it definitely isn't because of the top 6 teams parents. And maybe not even because of LH parents either. Maybe that's why Go let yall have the forum?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 10:08 am

db10 wrote:I think the more important question in all this is if Spirit North is actually better now that plain ol' Spirit?

The "GAP" between 12 in D1 to 3 in D2 isn't that big IMO, the one between 1-5 in D1 and the rest of D1 is growing by leaps and bounds...and no FCD you don't get credit for developing that team.

What sucks in this isn't who got to stay in D1 and who didn't it the STUPID play in games half the league will end up playing in next summer. WTF is the value of playing an entire season just to get knocked down in one or two games. If that was the only way to resolve it they should of did that this summer, before the season. But back to the subject at hand...

I'll take D'Feet with an "upset" win over Elite in the Semi's and a tight fought final over their nemesis Scott. (insert definition by Bricktop here)

And really what is Sting Harr thinking in PLD Gold?

"A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 10:11 am

Hey! wait a minute. Did you just call Scott a "Orrible ****"?

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 04/09/15, 10:28 am

just stopped short of that Razz

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 10:30 am

Well at least you have good taste in movies

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/09/15, 10:56 am

WhySeauxSerious wrote:Board is just mean and rude these days...but it definitely isn't because of the top 6 teams parents. And maybe not even because of LH parents either. Maybe that's why Go let yall have the forum?!

You're getting soft in your old age.....I think you have the same amount of zealots and instigators as last year. Top 5-6 teams were always on a different level and have probably all improved on top of that. IMO most of the teams in LH and several in PPL are very good teams....I think people forget that NTX has multiple nationally ranked teams at 12?!?!? and they try to compare their kid or team to them...maybe one day...maybe not. Who knows. As for my thoughts....I reserve the right to screw with anyone and or everyone at my sole discretion...all in the name of killing time and getting a chuckle.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the A$$.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 04/09/15, 11:32 am

soccerjack wrote:
WhySeauxSerious wrote:Board is just mean and rude these days...but it definitely isn't because of the top 6 teams parents. And maybe not even because of LH parents either. Maybe that's why Go let yall have the forum?!

You're getting soft in your old age.....I think you have the same amount of zealots and instigators as last year.  Top 5-6 teams were always on a different level and have probably all improved on top of that.  IMO most of the teams in LH and several in PPL are very good teams....I think people forget that NTX has multiple nationally ranked teams at 12?!?!? and they try to compare their kid or team to them...maybe one day...maybe not.  Who knows.  As for my thoughts....I reserve the right to screw with anyone and or everyone at my sole discretion...all in the name of killing time and getting a chuckle.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the A$$.

You forgot the Jack!! Cool
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 11:33 am

Hey, don't get my post as one of concern...just and observation. I prefer it this way but....it just ain't what it used to be, then again...what is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 04/09/15, 11:38 am

soccerjack wrote:I think west could probably beat lp elite...but elites hiding and not playing 04 teams again.

Isn't this what the new up and coming mandate wants us to do is play up?? Trust me, its LH structure thats holding us back..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 12:26 pm

WhySeauxSerious wrote:Hey, don't get my post as one of concern...just and observation. I prefer it this way but....it just ain't what it used to be, then again...what is?

Stop being a clown...

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/09/15, 12:52 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
soccerjack wrote:I think west could probably beat lp elite...but elites hiding and not playing 04 teams again.

Isn't this what the new up and coming mandate wants us to do is play up??  Trust me, its LH structure thats holding us back..

I figured Elite was all 03's with a few 01's mixed in. Laughing
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 01:30 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
WhySeauxSerious wrote:Hey, don't get my post as one of concern...just and observation. I prefer it this way but....it just ain't what it used to be, then again...what is?

Stop being a clown...
Why?
Pimpin ain't easy but it's necessary...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/09/15, 01:31 pm

nope all 01's with a few 03's mixed in
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 06/09/15, 08:31 pm

I would like to personally say that LP elite played some beautiful soccer today in the PLD tourney. I have watched a few of their games in the past, but today was the first time my DD had to play against them. I can see why they are considered the best by many. The parents were class acts on the sideline and the coach had some encouraging words for his girls at mid field after the game. Keep this team together and I can see a VERY bright future for them.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Looking04 07/09/15, 01:40 pm

ummm, KnKsDad seems to have disappeared.  Must be enjoying his Labor Day in the a/c.

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next