North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15368 registered users
The newest registered user is Jtkmd1

Our users have posted a total of 204651 messages in 31542 subjects

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 09:45 pm

soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:


Don't think it's naivety. Some people see the big picture and some people just buy the BS that they hear(or read) and some people are like you as you say....don't care. The ECNL composite league doesn't exist. There was 1 event last year that I'm aware of. If someone wants to hang around for 1-2 events....that's not ECNL's fault. Just saying.....

It is naivety...but I will rephrase my statement. There is no big picture that is seen at 11 or 12 years old by a parent. I do care because my kid plays in this...we are not looking for a scholarship or $12k a year to play in a women's league.  We just want our dd involved in something she enjoys and can learn from. Too many parents buy into the stupidity being sold to them. Which means the clubs will keep coming up with more ways for you to part with your money. Pay for play is a for profit enterprise...which means  the most gifted player may not be on the field.  Again pretty obvious stuff.


What are you even talking about? 11 and 12 yr olds don't even play ECNL. If you don't want your kid to play ECNL....don't sign her up. Pretty obvious stuff.

This thread is talking about ecnl composite and yes 12 yr olds and younger are moving into ecnl silliness and yes you said ecnl is not for profit but the clubs that field the teams are for profit.  So what are you talking about?  13 yr old ecnl greatness?

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play.  That is hardly ever a bad thing.  I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

The feet probably shouldn't have an ecnl spot if the real intention is to build the best players. Look at the 01's. I would bet kicks would run circles around the feet 01 ecnl team. Which I guess they will become the new ecnl team. Not trying to be $hitty. Would also guess the 03 team is waiting to recruit who doesn't make fcd, solar and Texan ecnl team.

Ok....again, what's your point? Feet does have an ECNL spot despite your personal opinion. If you look at the history of the club, they do produce SOME of the BEST players. Not sure about 01s and Kicks? That has been addressed in a different thread.

You're wrong about the 03s. That I do know. We're looking for a couple of specific type players. Club affiliation makes no difference. If you want to hate on ECNL that's fine. If you want to hate on LH that's fine. If you want to hate on D'feeters, that's fine. At least have some facts(not opinion) to back up what you are saying. There's enough ignorance on here already.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 09:58 pm

adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

It is naivety...but I will rephrase my statement. There is no big picture that is seen at 11 or 12 years old by a parent. I do care because my kid plays in this...we are not looking for a scholarship or $12k a year to play in a women's league.  We just want our dd involved in something she enjoys and can learn from. Too many parents buy into the stupidity being sold to them. Which means the clubs will keep coming up with more ways for you to part with your money. Pay for play is a for profit enterprise...which means  the most gifted player may not be on the field.  Again pretty obvious stuff.


What are you even talking about? 11 and 12 yr olds don't even play ECNL. If you don't want your kid to play ECNL....don't sign her up. Pretty obvious stuff.

This thread is talking about ecnl composite and yes 12 yr olds and younger are moving into ecnl silliness and yes you said ecnl is not for profit but the clubs that field the teams are for profit.  So what are you talking about?  13 yr old ecnl greatness?

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play.  That is hardly ever a bad thing.  I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

The feet probably shouldn't have an ecnl spot if the real intention is to build the best players. Look at the 01's. I would bet kicks would run circles around the feet 01 ecnl team. Which I guess they will become the new ecnl team. Not trying to be $hitty. Would also guess the 03 team is waiting to recruit who doesn't make fcd, solar and Texan ecnl team.

Ok....again, what's your point? Feet does have an ECNL spot despite your personal opinion. If you look at the history of the club, they do produce SOME of the BEST players. Not sure about 01s and Kicks? That has been addressed in a different thread.

You're wrong about the 03s. That I do know. We're looking for a couple of specific type players. Club affiliation makes no difference. If you want to hate on ECNL that's fine. If you want to hate on LH that's fine. If you want to hate on D'feeters, that's fine. At least have some facts(not opinion) to back up what you are saying. There's enough ignorance on here already.

You want facts on this board....geez. Look up the 01 tourney play. Kicks and other non ecnl teams regularly compete against all ecnl teams. I don't hate ecnl. Just pointing out some facts and hopefully irritating you. Very Happy. Yes it is hearsay that feet 03 and 04 ecnl tryouts only get a total of 13 players....don't know the real answer on that....but I'm sure the special players they want will come out sooner or later. Rolling Eyes
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 4084
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 10:04 pm

soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:


What are you even talking about? 11 and 12 yr olds don't even play ECNL. If you don't want your kid to play ECNL....don't sign her up. Pretty obvious stuff.

This thread is talking about ecnl composite and yes 12 yr olds and younger are moving into ecnl silliness and yes you said ecnl is not for profit but the clubs that field the teams are for profit.  So what are you talking about?  13 yr old ecnl greatness?

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play.  That is hardly ever a bad thing.  I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

The feet probably shouldn't have an ecnl spot if the real intention is to build the best players. Look at the 01's. I would bet kicks would run circles around the feet 01 ecnl team. Which I guess they will become the new ecnl team. Not trying to be $hitty. Would also guess the 03 team is waiting to recruit who doesn't make fcd, solar and Texan ecnl team.

Ok....again, what's your point? Feet does have an ECNL spot despite your personal opinion. If you look at the history of the club, they do produce SOME of the BEST players. Not sure about 01s and Kicks? That has been addressed in a different thread.

You're wrong about the 03s. That I do know. We're looking for a couple of specific type players. Club affiliation makes no difference. If you want to hate on ECNL that's fine. If you want to hate on LH that's fine. If you want to hate on D'feeters, that's fine. At least have some facts(not opinion) to back up what you are saying. There's enough ignorance on here already.

You want facts on this board....geez. Look up the 01 tourney play. Kicks and other non ecnl teams regularly compete against all ecnl teams. I don't hate ecnl. Just pointing out some facts and hopefully irritating you. Very Happy. Yes it is hearsay that feet 03 and 04 ecnl tryouts only get a total of 13 players....don't know the real answer on that.

It's all good. I'm just saying.....

As far as tryouts go, there are a lot of ways to skew the numbers, but why waste people's time? How can you look at 30 players at one time. Think about that. There is no 04 ECNL so I'm not aware of any tryouts for them. Would you rather have quality or quantity?

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Points : 3439
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 10:20 pm

adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

This thread is talking about ecnl composite and yes 12 yr olds and younger are moving into ecnl silliness and yes you said ecnl is not for profit but the clubs that field the teams are for profit.  So what are you talking about?  13 yr old ecnl greatness?

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play.  That is hardly ever a bad thing.  I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

The feet probably shouldn't have an ecnl spot if the real intention is to build the best players. Look at the 01's. I would bet kicks would run circles around the feet 01 ecnl team. Which I guess they will become the new ecnl team. Not trying to be $hitty. Would also guess the 03 team is waiting to recruit who doesn't make fcd, solar and Texan ecnl team.

Ok....again, what's your point? Feet does have an ECNL spot despite your personal opinion. If you look at the history of the club, they do produce SOME of the BEST players. Not sure about 01s and Kicks? That has been addressed in a different thread.

You're wrong about the 03s. That I do know. We're looking for a couple of specific type players. Club affiliation makes no difference. If you want to hate on ECNL that's fine. If you want to hate on LH that's fine. If you want to hate on D'feeters, that's fine. At least have some facts(not opinion) to back up what you are saying. There's enough ignorance on here already.

You want facts on this board....geez. Look up the 01 tourney play. Kicks and other non ecnl teams regularly compete against all ecnl teams. I don't hate ecnl. Just pointing out some facts and hopefully irritating you. Very Happy. Yes it is hearsay that feet 03 and 04 ecnl tryouts only get a total of 13 players....don't know the real answer on that.

It's all good. I'm just saying.....

As far as tryouts go, there are a lot of ways to skew the numbers, but why waste people's time?  How can you look at 30 players at one time. Think about that. There is no 04 ECNL so I'm not aware of any tryouts for them. Would you rather have quality or quantity?

Lol. I think you and I are the only ones on this board. Like it or not the ecnl clubs are selling the 04s on a "jr ecnl" it just is what it is. And yes the big clubs use ecnl to draw players to their lower teams...that is what it is also. Which was my point in the beginning, it's a money grab. It doesn't equal quality. Kicks are a good example... They pay a lot less in dues than the big 5.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 4084
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by adufresne 02/06/16, 10:33 pm

soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
adufresne wrote:

All I'm saying is that it's another opportunity for the kids to play.  That is hardly ever a bad thing.  I never said anything about greatness. ECNL is nonprofit. That is a fact. My kid plays for D'feeters and they are nonprofit as well. That is a fact. LHGCL is non profit. That is a fact. Even if all of the above were trying to make a profit, what's the problem? If you don't like it......don't sign up. I don't see the issue

The feet probably shouldn't have an ecnl spot if the real intention is to build the best players. Look at the 01's. I would bet kicks would run circles around the feet 01 ecnl team. Which I guess they will become the new ecnl team. Not trying to be $hitty. Would also guess the 03 team is waiting to recruit who doesn't make fcd, solar and Texan ecnl team.

Ok....again, what's your point? Feet does have an ECNL spot despite your personal opinion. If you look at the history of the club, they do produce SOME of the BEST players. Not sure about 01s and Kicks? That has been addressed in a different thread.

You're wrong about the 03s. That I do know. We're looking for a couple of specific type players. Club affiliation makes no difference. If you want to hate on ECNL that's fine. If you want to hate on LH that's fine. If you want to hate on D'feeters, that's fine. At least have some facts(not opinion) to back up what you are saying. There's enough ignorance on here already.

You want facts on this board....geez. Look up the 01 tourney play. Kicks and other non ecnl teams regularly compete against all ecnl teams. I don't hate ecnl. Just pointing out some facts and hopefully irritating you. Very Happy. Yes it is hearsay that feet 03 and 04 ecnl tryouts only get a total of 13 players....don't know the real answer on that.

It's all good. I'm just saying.....

As far as tryouts go, there are a lot of ways to skew the numbers, but why waste people's time?  How can you look at 30 players at one time. Think about that. There is no 04 ECNL so I'm not aware of any tryouts for them. Would you rather have quality or quantity?

Lol. I think you and I are the only ones on this board. Like it or not the ecnl clubs are selling the 04s on a "jr ecnl" it just is what it is. And yes the big clubs use ecnl to draw players to their lower teams...that is what it is also. Which was my point in the beginning, it's a money grab. It doesn't equal quality. Kicks are a good example... They pay a lot less in dues than the big 5.


What about discounts to play for your "top team?" Is that a money grab? I don't think so. I think it's just trying to build your brand. That's what you do in a strong market. Which is what we have here. JR ECNL is a developing product. It's just a shift in the marketplace. The "Big 5" places the majority of the teams in LH and of course ECNL. For me it's just strengthening the brand. The trick is determining what the brand is. That's where we fall short. There are plenty of options out there. At the end of the day it's up to the consumer. That's what I've been saying from the beginning.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Points : 3439
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by Guest 02/06/16, 10:39 pm

soccerjack wrote: Kicks are a good example... They pay a lot less in dues than the big 5.

You sure about that Jack?  There's been Kicks '01 parents on here in the past who have stated that their costs actually aren't that much different from an ECNL team when you added in all of their travel to PL/NL & big time showcase tourneys.

If you are going to be a big time team on the regional/national scene, you are going to pay one way or the other.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by soccerjack 02/06/16, 10:48 pm

bwgophers wrote:
soccerjack wrote: Kicks are a good example... They pay a lot less in dues than the big 5.

You sure about that Jack?  There's been Kicks '01 parents on here in the past who have stated that their costs actually aren't that much different from an ECNL team when you added in all of their travel to PL/NL & big time showcase tourneys.

If you are going to be a big time team on the regional/national scene, you are going to pay one way or the other.

Nothing I say on here is based on facts....just disgust for the whole bunch of stupidity. It's kids soccer. And you are also talking about a team on the so called "national level" not a local club team
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 4084
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by Guest 03/06/16, 02:42 pm

The NFL is not-for-profit... ;-)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash?? - Page 2 Empty Re: ECNL Composite Leagues... Is It Hog Wash??

Post by BurnOnYou 03/06/16, 09:59 pm

My understanding is that the composite league is an experiment.
The teams will play in the same ECNL league games as the ECNL team plays.
its my understanding that each of the 10 teams within this ECNL region are forming such composite teams.  They will travel with and play same day as the team they are composite for.  D2 or JV are applicable I think.  Kids will get called up from the composite teams and ECNL players who do not get as much playing time will also play with the composite team to get more playing time.  
I don't see how the composite teams could play and travel with the ENCL teams for showcase tournaments since I don't think any other ECNL regions are forming composite teams yet.
Frankly, I don't have a problem with this.  Those 60+ kids going composite will by and large get better training and will be exposed to ECNL.
I think LHGCL has been really poor in their management of the leagues of late and the age pure transition and so if they lose more kids and thus have fewer teams participating, its on them IMHO.
I do think that the kids playing composite will either move up or eventually sour on it if ECNL does not adapt composite teams in other regions across the country.
Think its safe to assume that should DA come to Dallas, those teams that do enter DA play will use their composite teams to fill in as the ECNL players in the ECNL league.

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 108
Points : 3219
Join date : 2014-05-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum