North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

JDL?? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

JDL??

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

JDL?? Empty JDL??

Post by ColtMcVince 14/06/16, 07:20 pm

What is up with JDL? Hear a lot about it but there doesn't seem to be anyone talking about it here and I can't find any information. Anyone? Anyone?

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

JDL?? Empty Re: JDL??

Post by Guest 14/06/16, 08:25 pm

JDL?? Church10

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 14/06/16, 09:36 pm

Why explain anything, when you have a band of idiots lined up down the street to participate In something they know nothing about. The front offices of the big clubs are probably amazed at how many sheep showed up with money in hand. My guess is they will come out with another make believe league in another week or two.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by miller287 15/06/16, 09:45 am

Last thing I have been told is

-No Standings kept so no one wins the JDL league
-it would most likely be scheduled on Sundays
-The rosters are not set and can be filled with players within the clubs teams
-Some clubs may keep the same core others may use it as a reward for girls
playing hard and recommendations from their coaches.
-each ECNL club gets 2 teams

Some or none of these may be true but that's the latest JDL info I have gotten

miller287
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 15/06/16, 10:05 am

miller287 wrote:Last thing I have been told is

I am actually pretty happy with the direction of JDL and am excited that my DD will be part of it.
Pressure to win up to the age of 12 in NTX has always been a problem! Not sure why they do not have a JDL for club soccer prior to select.

I just wish it was available to all clubs. That is my only complaint at this point!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 15/06/16, 10:27 am

They did. It was called SDL.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodor 15/06/16, 10:56 am

Hodor has heard differently

No standings= truth

Saturday not Sunday- players can't play LHGCL and JDL

Rosters are separate than other teams. Ie no overlap. But players registered under US soccer not NTX. Rosters open between the club's two JDL teams so no CPP limitation

Each club 2 teams = truth

Hodor may be wrong. Just what he has heard.
Hodor
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 15/06/16, 12:57 pm

If this is true, quality of play in LH will be interesting(ly bad).

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flysquirrel 15/06/16, 01:36 pm

Hodor wrote:

Hodor has heard differently

No standings= truth  true

Saturday not Sunday- players can't play LHGCL and JDL false, in most instances, players will dual roster on the JDL team and a LHGCL team.
JDL will be a US Club league so there are no rules preventing players from competing in a LHGCL game on the same day. Some clubs may form 'all star' JDL teams from their LHGCL player pool (and not remove these players from their LH team) other Clubs may  assign a particular LH team as their JDL team.  

Rosters are separate than other teams. Ie no overlap. But players registered under US soccer not NTX.  Rosters open between the club's two JDL teams so no CPP limitation
US Club Soccer makes moving players from roster to roster a breeze
Each club 2 teams = truth true

Hodor may be wrong. Just what he has heard.
flysquirrel
flysquirrel
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/06/16, 01:45 pm

flysquirrel wrote:
JDL will be a US Club league so there are no rules preventing players from competing in a LHGCL game on the same day.

This is one aspect that I am interested to see.  I know of at least 1 ECNL club that does NOT allow their players to play in both an ECNL and a LHGCL game in the same day.  Doesn't matter if it's logistically possible and/or whether that player is dual-rostered or CPP, they don't allow it.  I don't know if that is a club policy/rule, or a gentleman's agreement between the ECNL clubs.  I can only speak about the one club I know about.

So it will be interesting to see if the same policy is extended down to the JDL teams...

Again, if this is about "development", playing LHGCL and JDL games in the same day would be something that would be in contradiction to USSF guidelines...

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 15/06/16, 02:46 pm

bwgophers wrote:
flysquirrel wrote:
JDL will be a US Club league so there are no rules preventing players from competing in a LHGCL game on the same day.

This is one aspect that I am interested to see.  I know of at least 1 ECNL club that does NOT allow their players to play in both an ECNL and a LHGCL game in the same day.  Doesn't matter if it's logistically possible and/or whether that player is dual-rostered or CPP, they don't allow it.  I don't know if that is a club policy/rule, or a gentleman's agreement between the ECNL clubs.  I can only speak about the one club I know about.

So it will be interesting to see if the same policy is extended down to the JDL teams...

Again, if this is about "development", playing LHGCL and JDL games in the same day would be something that would be in contradiction to USSF guidelines...

It's about stacking cake and eating it too! Development will always be an afterthought.
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodor 15/06/16, 02:56 pm

Read_These_Nikes wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
flysquirrel wrote:

It's about stacking cake and eating it too! Development will always be an afterthought.

How?  These clubs aren't charging the players more to be in JDL teams.

Edited

Last edited by Hodor on 15/06/16, 04:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hodor
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 15/06/16, 03:12 pm

Hodor wrote:
Read_These_Nikes wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
flysquirrel wrote:

How?  These clubs are charging he players more to be in JDL teams?
Is that a comment with a question mark?
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 15/06/16, 03:27 pm

Most people are running to the big clubs like the sky is falling! They're selling ideas to see how many sheep will flock. Some of the coaches that have JDL teams are excellent and some are a joke in terms of development.
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/06/16, 04:02 pm

Got any actual numbers or data to back up "most"? Is your DD's team going to have trouble making numbers because her teammates are abandoning her to chase JDL dreams?

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 15/06/16, 04:27 pm

Why do I need actual numbers it is what is. Some pretty large clubs merged with some of the big 5!

My DD having trouble, O' yea, that must be it! What the hell is a JDL dream??? Still waiting for actual documents to follow up everyone's speculation. But hey, why ruin commitment with details?
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/06/16, 04:40 pm

I'm just trying to keep perspective. Kicks and Mustangs certainly have some good teams, just didn't realize they constituted "most" of the non-ECNL teams out there.

Thinking LP, Andro, Tx. Spirit, FWFC, Fever, and others might think differently. Maybe you will be proven right and several of these clubs and or teams within these clubs will get absorbed as a result of this, but as of today, I feel you are exaggerating the impact a tad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodor 15/06/16, 04:45 pm

So anyone going to a large club to play JDL are "sheep". What do you care? So petty of you. If you don't want your daughter to play JDL no one is going to fault you. But you are obviously butt hurt by this for reasons unknown and feel the need to disparage those taking part. These are clearly your own issues you and your therapist can discuss next week.
Hodor
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 15/06/16, 04:51 pm

Andro has already started migrating some teams LP was on the fence but I guess they fell off for now. Like I said you have your opinion and I have mine.
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 15/06/16, 04:58 pm

Hodor wrote:So anyone going to a large club to play JDL are "sheep". What do you care?  So petty of you. If you don't want your daughter to play JDL no one is going to fault you. But you are obviously butt hurt by this for reasons unknown and feel the need to disparage those taking part.  These are clearly your own issues you and your therapist can discuss next week.
Sheep flock to where they think the grass is greener, if this puts you in that category well you're a sheep! If me stating my opinion on a forum disparages people from taking part in something maybe they need to go see your therapist!
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/06/16, 05:22 pm

Read_These_Nikes wrote:Andro has already started migrating some teams LP was on the fence but I guess they fell off for now.  Like I said you have your opinion and I have mine.

So you are saying that your opinion is that the Andro West move to FCD and the LP merger with D'Feeters (that fell apart before the three letters JDL were ever uttered in reference to NTX girls' soccer), were both driven primarily by a "sky is falling" need to gain access to JDL?

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 15/06/16, 05:37 pm

It's about ECNL and they're just using JDL to create the movement sooner rather than later.
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 15/06/16, 05:47 pm

Hodor wrote:So anyone going to a large club to play JDL are "sheep". What do you care?  So petty of you. If you don't want your daughter to play JDL no one is going to fault you. But you are obviously butt hurt by this for reasons unknown and feel the need to disparage those taking part.  These are clearly your own issues you and your therapist can discuss next week.

Hodor angry. I frankly agree with Nike...but it has nothing to do with where my kid or your kid plays. It's concentration of power by a few...which long term is never good.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/06/16, 05:49 pm

Well, a lot of people predicted and perceived that's what ECNL was going to do/has done, but as I illustrated in a thread last week, the data doesn't back up the perception.

Only time will tell if JDL will be any different.  While "some" have moved to ECNL clubs in direct response to this, "most" running to the ECNL clubs like the sky is falling, is IMO, an exaggeration.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 15/06/16, 06:18 pm

bwgophers wrote:Well, a lot of people predicted and perceived that's what ECNL was going to do/has done, but as I illustrated in a thread last week, the data doesn't back up the perception.

Only time will tell if JDL will be any different.  While "some" have moved to ECNL clubs in direct response to this, "most" running to the ECNL clubs like the sky is falling, is IMO, an exaggeration.

Don't you think ecnl draws a lot of kids from non ecnl clubs already?  Just because spirit or whatever indie it is, still fields a team...it doesn't mean they haven't lost a bunch of players to  Ecnl clubs. My point is....jdl and composite teams dig even deeper into the pool. The real stat in my mind is what percent of say fcd's 04s or 03s were actually developed by fcd or any other ecnl club for that matter.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum