North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 Division 1 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

05 Division 1

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

05 Division 1 Empty 05 Division 1

Post by hetlevenisvoetbal 01/08/16, 10:22 am

Now that all the hoopla and qt is over.  Here is the question and the list of teams that will round off D1.  Who will compete and who will struggle.

Here is my take on it...just for kicks.

Bellatores - Will Compete and end up in top 10

Kicks JM - will compete and most likely be in top 10

Kicks Selecao - Definitely compete and will be in top 5

Fever - Definitely compete, hammered both Sting West Robels and Diaz Teams in King Tut. Top 5

LP Elite - Has some good pieces but not as dangerous as Fever and or Kicks but will be a top 5 team.

Triumph Aguero - Will be OK. Cannot compete with the top five relying on two to three players.

Sting North Sheppard - Struggle with top 10 but will have a few upsets

DT Central - most definitely Compete and I think they will be in top 10

Texas Spirit - Will compete w everyone else but struggle with fevers, kicks, Sting West Diaz and LP Elite.

LP Redknapp - Will Struggle unless the big target can pulls some games off on her own.

Mansfield Revolution - Will struggle and end up on bottom part of Division but I don't see any upsets on their horizon. IMHO, this team was the one that got in that shouldn't have gotten in.  It will be the bottom of D1 fighting relegation.

Sting West Robels - Weakest team in D1.  May be a long year.  No threat, no speed no style of play and newbie coach.  IMHO, this team was the other team that got in that shouldn't have gotten in.  It will be the bottom of D1 fighting relegation.  

Not Mentioned above are the ones currently in D1

Andro - Fast, Athletic and Direct

DTS- Top 5.  Direct and very athletic.

Sting West 05G (Diaz) - Top 5, probably the most technical team in D1, but lack the fire power and threat up top.

Sting West Bean - Top of second half of group. They try to play good soccer but he doesn't have good soccer players.

Solar Blue - Will Dual roster the majority of JDL Colvin, top 10.  Too much of a drop off with subs.

FCD White - Top 10, Will dual roster most of JDL players from CC or KB.

Sting 05G Guzman - Will Struggle.  He is still looking for players but has a lot of experience at LHGCL Level

FCD Elite - Will be top 10, if she doesn't use JDL players.

My final input on how d1 will end up not particular order.

DTS (if he dual rosters JDL players like he always does)
LP Elite
KICKS Selecao
FCD Elite
Sting West 05G (Diaz)
Fever
Triumph Aguero
Bellatores
KICKS JM
DT Central

NO PUN INTENDED, this is just my opinion and being a longtime soccer mom doesn't give me the LHGCL cred.  Just taking a stab at it since I saw most teams play due to my extensive field marshall duties.
hetlevenisvoetbal
hetlevenisvoetbal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by 06Southgirl 01/08/16, 11:02 am

A little confused about the dual rostering JDL players comment for DTS. The LH team for DTS is the DTS JDL team. Those players are playing both leagues. One team. Two leagues.
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/08/16, 11:09 am

hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:

LP Elite
KICKS Selecao
FCD Elite
Sting West 05G (Diaz)
Fever
Triumph Aguero
Bellatores
KICKS JM
DT Central

You are one brave soul to just put those comments out there!  My only add would be Solar.  I completely agree with your assessment of their non-JDL roster, but I'm betting most of the JDL team will dual-roster.  I bet the "blue" players will mostly ride the bench even in the LHGCL games that are supposed to be "theirs".  The majority of the play time will still go to the JDL players.   For that reason, I'm betting that Solar ends up in the top ten, for sure.  Where in the top ten depends on how much of the JDL roster comes "down" to play LHGCL.  If essentially the whole team comes down, they will be top 5 if not top one!

Also completely agree with DTS as #1.  I'm betting the entire team dual-rosters.  Athletically, they are amazing.  Just look at the Primetime Spring 2016 scores.  If they played no JDL players, that team will struggle being top 10.  The other "South" teams don't have much.

Essentially, how the big 5 use JDL will determine how things shake out.  If no JDL players at all are used, Selecao, Fever, Sting West, LP are your top teams.  IF JDL is heavily used, Solar, DTS, FCD will be at the top -- though that Selecao team will give them all a run, I think.  One thing, though, since Kicks joined with Feet, do they get access to JDL?  Just curious.  Either way, that whole team will play LHGCL, I'm sure, since they qualified using their top players.

Last edited by skiberdad on 01/08/16, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/08/16, 11:11 am

06southgirl wrote:A little confused about the dual rostering JDL players comment for DTS.    The LH team for DTS is the DTS JDL team.  Those players are playing both leagues.  One team.  Two leagues.  

yes, Southgirl.  Some teams are just planning using the entire team as both.  Other teams are planning using exclusive teams with no overlap.  Some have hybrid models where there are some players that play both and some that only play one or the other.  That's what the variable is since there are no rules guiding it.

Aside from the fact, that they may have multiple games in one day and LHCGL has said in the past that they will not accommodate schedules based on another league. Also, there was some mention a couple months ago that players will not be allowed to play two games in two leagues on one day. Not sure where all that landed, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by hetlevenisvoetbal 01/08/16, 11:46 am

hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:Now that all the hoopla and qt is over.  Here is the question and the list of teams that will round off D1.  Who will compete and who will struggle.

Fever - Definitely compete, hammered both Sting West Robels and Diaz Teams in King Tut. Top 5

LP Elite - Has some good pieces but not as dangerous as Fever and or Kicks but will be a top 5 team.

Triumph Aguero - Will be OK. Cannot compete with the top five relying on two to three players.

Texas Spirit - Will compete w everyone else but struggle with fevers, kicks, Sting West Diaz and LP Elite.

LP Redknapp - Will Struggle unless the big target can pulls some games off on her own.

Mansfield Revolution - Will struggle and end up on bottom part of Division but I don't see any upsets on their horizon. IMHO, this team was the one that got in that shouldn't have gotten in.  It will be the bottom of D1 fighting relegation.

Sting West Robels - Weakest team in D1.  May be a long year.  No threat, no speed no style of play and newbie coach.  IMHO, this team was the other team that got in that shouldn't have gotten in.  It will be the bottom of D1 fighting relegation.  

Sting West 05G (Diaz) - Top 5, probably the most technical team in D1, but lack the fire power and threat up top.

Sting West Bean - Top of second half of group. They try to play good soccer but he doesn't have good soccer players.

Solar Blue - Will Dual roster the majority of JDL Colvin, top 10.  Too much of a drop off with subs.

Sting 05G Guzman - Will Struggle.  He is still looking for players but has a lot of experience at LHGCL Level

LP Elite
KICKS Selecao
FCD Elite
Sting West 05G (Diaz)
Fever
Triumph Aguero
Bellatores
KICKS JM
DT Central

NO PUN INTENDED, this is just my opinion and being a longtime soccer mom doesn't give me the LHGCL cred.  Just taking a stab at it since I saw most teams play due to my extensive field marshall duties.

Sorry Correction for the wrong team named.

Fever - Definitely compete, hammered both Sting West Robels and Bean not Diaz Teams in King Tut. Top 5

Thanks Fever Peeps for clearing that one up. Cheers
hetlevenisvoetbal
hetlevenisvoetbal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 01/08/16, 05:42 pm

Your Intel on FCD white is not correct.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 01/08/16, 08:47 pm

hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:
hetlevenisvoetbal wrote:Now that all the hoopla and qt is over.  Here is the question and the list of teams that will round off D1.  Who will compete and who will struggle.

LP Elite
KICKS Selecao
FCD Elite
Sting West 05G (Diaz)
Fever
Triumph Aguero
Bellatores
KICKS JM
DT Central

Sorry Correction for the wrong team named.  

Fever - Definitely compete, hammered both Sting West Robels and Bean not Diaz Teams in King Tut. Top 5

Thanks Fever Peeps for clearing that one up.  Cheers

FCD Elite looks like they gave their bye up to another FCD team if you look at other posts. Maybe they are only playing JDL?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemysoccergirl 02/08/16, 12:34 am

You know what? Reading this post makes me sad...it makes me sad that you think you have the right to break down 10 and 11 year old girls like this. Shouldn't we be lifting them up, not shooting them down? I think all the teams that made D1 worked their tail ends off and need to be praised, not criticized. I think some of the teams that you think are so terrible are going to surprise you! (I really hope so!!!) I know you are entitled to your own opinion, but I've read some of your other posts where you have told people to "keep a lid on it", might not be a bad idea to listen to your own advice.... Good luck to your team this year! (Whichever team that may be)

lovemysoccergirl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/08/16, 05:41 am

lovemysoccergirl wrote:You know what? Reading this post makes me sad...it makes me sad that you think you have the right to break down 10 and 11 year old girls like this. Shouldn't we be lifting them up, not shooting them down? I think all the teams that made D1 worked their tail ends off and need to be praised, not criticized. I think some of the teams that you think are so terrible are going to surprise you! (I really hope so!!!) I know you are entitled to your own opinion, but I've read some of your other posts where you have told people to "keep a lid on it", might not be a bad idea to listen to your own advice.... Good luck to your team this year! (Whichever team that may be)
Not trying to be insensitive here but what and who are you talking about. No one was shooting down these girls. Simple Mathematics. There are no more participation medals anymore. The girls will have to earn it. Like you said they qualified and should be proud, and why shouldn't they. These girls made it into the top league and division in NT. Congratulations! Now they are going to have to play 19 other top teams that did the same thing. If you are going to be all sensitive about it then maybe this forum is not the right place for you.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 02/08/16, 08:44 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
lovemysoccergirl wrote:You know what? Reading this post makes me sad...it makes me sad that you think you have the right to break down 10 and 11 year old girls like this. Shouldn't we be lifting them up, not shooting them down? I think all the teams that made D1 worked their tail ends off and need to be praised, not criticized. I think some of the teams that you think are so terrible are going to surprise you! (I really hope so!!!) I know you are entitled to your own opinion, but I've read some of your other posts where you have told people to "keep a lid on it", might not be a bad idea to listen to your own advice.... Good luck to your team this year! (Whichever team that may be)
Not trying to be insensitive here but what and who are you talking about. No one was shooting down these girls. Simple Mathematics. There are no more participation medals anymore. The girls will have to earn it. Like you said they qualified and should be proud, and why shouldn't they. These girls made it into the top league and division in NT. Congratulations!  Now they are going to have to play 19 other top teams that did the same thing. If you are going to be all sensitive about it then maybe this forum is not the right place for you.

One team will end up in last place.  10 teams will be in the bottom 10.  Reality.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 08:57 am

must be new to the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 09:19 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Not trying to be insensitive here but what and who are you talking about. No one was shooting down these girls. Simple Mathematics. There are no more participation medals anymore. The girls will have to earn it. Like you said they qualified and should be proud, and why shouldn't they. These girls made it into the top league and division in NT. Congratulations!  Now they are going to have to play 19 other top teams that did the same thing. If you are going to be all sensitive about it then maybe this forum is not the right place for you.

lovemysoccergirl,

I understand how you feel. It can be hard to read things people say about these teams. Yes, these are kids. But, this is what forums are for -- to talk about the game that is played on the field. There will be winners for games and losers for games. There will be teams that are better and teams that are not as good. Some of us find it fun and interesting to discuss. I would also say that discussion is limited to teams. It is exceedingly rare (unless for a good reason) to hear anyone say anything about specific kids. These kind of forums can be fun for people. If it's not fun for you, I'd just avoid reading it.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/08/16, 09:22 am

Whether or not a team is good or bad is irrelevant. Bad teams make D1 every year. They are happy they made it and then reality hits them for an entire year. Never the less they beat and played better than the teams that did not get in. They should feel good about that. They won. Don't feel too bad for someone that got exactly what they wanted and asked for. It will toughen them up and make them better. Happens all the time.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/08/16, 09:25 am

Question. Is it normal for Plano to not have a QT? Or was it just not necessary this year. They had one last year.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 09:26 am

I'm not sure it will make them all tougher. lol

It may just make the team dissolve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 09:34 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Question. Is it normal for Plano to not have a QT?  Or was it just not necessary this year. They had one last year.

AS far as I know, Plano always has a qualifier. At least in the last 4 years that I have had kids in the "system."

I'm not sure why they didn't have one this year. If any year should have had a qualifier, it was this year. The teams are completely shuffled from this age pure shift. My neighbor has a daughter that is playing Plano this coming year and basically they just had each team submit their case for placement in whichever division they felt they belonged. I suppose they'll also look at recent tourney results or whatever. I mean, anything older than late spring/early summer will be useless because of so many teams continuing to play school age teams through spring. So with very little play history and very little knowledge of the players on those teams, I find it strange that the Plano leaders feel like they can place teams well.

But what do I know?

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 02/08/16, 09:42 am

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Question. Is it normal for Plano to not have a QT?  Or was it just not necessary this year. They had one last year.

AS far as I know, Plano always has a qualifier.  At least in the last 4 years that I have had kids in the "system."

I'm not sure why they didn't have one this year.  If any year should have had a qualifier, it was this year.  The teams are completely shuffled from this age pure shift.  My neighbor has a daughter that is playing Plano this coming year and basically they just had each team submit their case for placement in whichever division they felt they belonged.  I suppose they'll also look at recent tourney results or whatever.  I mean, anything older than late spring/early summer will be useless because of so many teams continuing to play school age teams through spring.  So with very little play history and very little knowledge of the players on those teams, I find it strange that the Plano leaders feel like they can place teams well.

But what do I know?  

Just how many teams are signing up for Plano?  If you think LH is watered down in the 05s, just look at Plano this year.  Very few teams and probably not much of a difference in any of them.  No need for a hot qualifying tournament.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 09:50 am

that I don't know. But more to the point, is that when this decision of no qualifier was made, Plano had no idea how many teams there would be that want to be in plano. They never know that until after LHGCL qualifier is over. That being said, you may be right about the teams all being six of one, half dozen of the other. Maybe it doesn't matter if there's a qualifier.

I always tend to think that you settle it on the field. I like the qualifier idea. You have a point about the quality of teams, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 02/08/16, 10:06 am

So did the ECNL 5 kill Plano in their attempts to take over LH and make it all about them?  I wonder how many of them have teams playing in Plano.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/08/16, 10:16 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:So did the ECNL 5 kill Plano in their attempts to take over LH and make it all about them?  I wonder how many of them have teams playing in Plano.
Maybe I am wrong but I thought that ECNL clubs decided to do this but it was LH that spoke up and said they would run it. Clubs did not go to them.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 02/08/16, 10:25 am

skiberdad wrote:that I don't know.  But more to the point, is that when this decision of no qualifier was made, Plano had no idea how many teams there would be that want to be in plano.  They never know that until after LHGCL qualifier is over.  That being said, you may be right about the teams all being six of one, half dozen of the other. Maybe it doesn't matter if there's a qualifier.  

I always tend to think that you settle it on the field.  I like the qualifier idea.  You have a point about the quality of teams, though.

Plano decided to just do jumbo leagues this year in light of all the changes.  I commend Plano for not holding a qualifier just to rack up tourney fees.  From the site:  

"This next soccer year will be a transitional year for us. Jumbo divisions will be used in every age group and the teams within each age group will be placed in a manner so that every division has equal talent and skill.  So if there are 38 teams in an age group we will have two divisions of 19.  The teams will be seeded 1-38 and placed tournament style between the two divisions.  Seeding of the teams will be vital and as such we will be looking at returning players, where the team played this past season and how they placed."

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 02/08/16, 10:36 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:So did the ECNL 5 kill Plano in their attempts to take over LH and make it all about them?  I wonder how many of them have teams playing in Plano.

FCD had between 25-30 girls teams playing in Plano last year. Sting 8. The others not so much.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 10:49 am

ForReal wrote:
skiberdad wrote:that I don't know.  But more to the point, is that when this decision of no qualifier was made, Plano had no idea how many teams there would be that want to be in plano.  They never know that until after LHGCL qualifier is over.  That being said, you may be right about the teams all being six of one, half dozen of the other. Maybe it doesn't matter if there's a qualifier.  

I always tend to think that you settle it on the field.  I like the qualifier idea.  You have a point about the quality of teams, though.

Plano decided to just do jumbo leagues this year in light of all the changes.  I commend Plano for not holding a qualifier just to rack up tourney fees.  From the site:  

"This next soccer year will be a transitional year for us. Jumbo divisions will be used in every age group and the teams within each age group will be placed in a manner so that every division has equal talent and skill.  So if there are 38 teams in an age group we will have two divisions of 19.  The teams will be seeded 1-38 and placed tournament style between the two divisions.  Seeding of the teams will be vital and as such we will be looking at returning players, where the team played this past season and how they placed."

Fair enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 02/08/16, 10:53 am

5050Ball wrote:

FCD had between 25-30 girls teams playing in Plano last year.  Sting 8.  The others not so much.
Well FCD only has a couple hundred team so.....That number will be high.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/16, 11:01 am

lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down