North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL swings back at DA

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 6 Empty Re: ECNL swings back at DA

Post by Zizou 12/12/16, 07:57 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
Zizou wrote:LP couldn't even get a ECNL bid, and with all the shake up haven't been offered an ECNL bid yet. Hell club elite out SanAntonio received a bid.

Who the SA club have to compete with?

Liverpool the great, you would think ECNL would be licking their chops to get them in.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 12/12/16, 10:36 pm

Tpitty, how do 18-22 girls play a quarter of a game when 11 start and there are only three subs allowed per rules. I still come up with 4-8 girls riding the bench per game. Even if you rotate them for the next match seems unlikely with coaches playing their strongest for results sake verses development but time will tell.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 12/12/16, 11:35 pm

TulsaFootballDad wrote:Tpitty, how do 18-22 girls play a quarter of a game when 11 start and there are only three subs allowed per rules. I still come up with 4-8 girls riding the bench per game. Even if you rotate them for the next match seems unlikely with coaches playing their strongest for results sake verses development but time will tell.

USSF could have invited OFC instead of tulsa. if/when they do, expect the talent in OK will migrate to edmond to play top level soccer.

ECNL without the big dogs will be lower level than national league. It is no coincidence nearly all clubs now declining DA are not competitive year in year out in their respective conferences. So take these bottom third ecnl clubs and leave them in a league with majority of the top third gone, no standards, no merit based criteria for entry, and managed by DOCs trying to wrestle control of local markets?....likely dead or irrelevant within 5 years.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/12/16, 07:02 am

TulsaFootballDad wrote:Tpitty, how do 18-22 girls play a quarter of a game when 11 start and there are only three subs allowed per rules. I still come up with 4-8 girls riding the bench per game. Even if you rotate them for the next match seems unlikely with coaches playing their strongest for results sake verses development but time will tell.

I have heard the playing time "rumor" also. Only thing I could find in writing was on boys side stating that everyone on team must start 30% of the time.

http://www.assignorpro.com/aspdemo/documents/developmentacademyregulations.pdf

And this may not be an answer to that question. So many questions, little answers. Hopefully within the next few months, will start getting some. I still say, in its current form, the girls DA will not work. You really cannot compare boys and girls sports.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 13/12/16, 07:11 am

HomeStretch wrote:

USSF could have invited OFC instead of tulsa. if/when they do, expect the talent in OK will migrate to edmond to play top level soccer.

ECNL without the big dogs will be lower level than national league. It is no coincidence nearly all clubs now declining DA are not competitive year in year out in their respective conferences. So take these bottom third ecnl clubs and leave them in a league with  majority of the top third gone, no standards, no merit based criteria for entry, and managed by DOCs trying to wrestle control of local markets?....likely dead or irrelevant within 5 years.

Perhaps.  Or, perhaps more than a few, who are DA caliber, chose to play ECNL so they can also play sports in High School.  DA will lose some athletes that ECNL will keep due to other sports.  I would be willing to bet out of the top 44 girls in each year(say 11 per team times 4 teams), maybe 30-35(# pulled from my rear) go DA, and the rest stick with ECNL so they can do other things.  Not every girl lives and breathes soccer. affraid Many have a passion in other activities.  Top to bottom, of course ECNL will be a lower level as some athletes will be in DA.  Doesn't mean ECNL will be PPL or worse though.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/12/16, 07:22 am

Definitely a place for both leagues. Both leagues focus on development and play within a region. Smaller colleges will love the fact that they will be able to scout and compare players within the region. Larger schools , women's pro league, and national team will see benefits also.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 13/12/16, 08:11 am

Read the rule again TFD: 25% start percentage of all games. Has zero to do with actual in game play time.

Participation Faqs

Last edited by tpitty on 13/12/16, 08:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 13/12/16, 08:26 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
HomeStretch wrote:

ECNL without the big dogs will be lower level than national league. It is no coincidence nearly all clubs now declining DA are not competitive year in year out in their respective conferences. So take these bottom third ecnl clubs and leave them in a league with  majority of the top third gone, no standards, no merit based criteria for entry, and managed by DOCs trying to wrestle control of local markets?....likely dead or irrelevant within 5 years.

Perhaps.  Or, perhaps more than a few, who are DA caliber, chose to play ECNL so they can also play sports in High School.  DA will lose some athletes that ECNL will keep due to other sports.  I would be willing to bet out of the top 44 girls in each year(say 11 per team times 4 teams), maybe 30-35(# pulled from my rear) go DA, and the rest stick with ECNL so they can do other things.  Not every girl lives and breathes soccer. affraid Many have a passion in other activities.  Top to bottom, of course ECNL will be a lower level as some athletes will be in DA.  Doesn't mean ECNL will be PPL or worse though.

DA will challenge the current strength of ENCL but it won't kill it.  It can't.  It will only take half of the girls on a team in an age group.  So those remaining and those that want to do things outside of soccer will play and thrive in ECNL.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 13/12/16, 09:00 am

HomeStretch, if ECNL had wanted to offer OFC membership it would have done so in the last 6-7 years that TSC has had it. OFC tells their players that they cannot play for TSC ECNL therefore a few choose to play ECNL in Dallas. If OFC garnered DA and thats the biggest if I really doubt any players from Tulsa will flock to Edmond. In most years TSC dominates Oklahoma Soccer so I find the idea of moving to a club without either ECNL or DA far fetched. TSC declined DA for this year due to the uncertainty of the league. They may change as the landscape does as well.
As for playing or starting 25% of all games during a 10 month DA season I like the idea of playing 60 plus percent on a smaller roster ECNL squad with more flexible substitution rules. More play time each game less bench time during the season and quality decision making during matches that can developed over several games of the season. The key is development and testing that development. 4 practices for DA sound great verses 3 for ECNL but in reality testing and fixing decision making skills happens in real match play.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/12/16, 09:12 am

I have seen three or players on an ECNL bench see very little or any playing time. At least 25% starting time with limited subs means you DD will see quality minutes rather than clean up or closing minutes of a half or a match to rest your starters.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 13/12/16, 10:13 am

Zizou, in either case we can see how it plays out over the next year or two. Not dismissing DA just wondering where playing comes into this, results will tell.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 13/12/16, 10:16 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
HomeStretch wrote:

DA will challenge the current strength of ENCL but it won't kill it.  It can't.  It will only take half of the girls on a team in an age group.  So those remaining and those that want to do things outside of soccer will play and thrive in ECNL.

There will be Academy II teams formed (similar to TEPAL for boys). "Those remaining" aren't going to be left without a good option that will also allow them to "do things outside of soccer."

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/12/16, 10:34 am

What is nice about the two different sanctioned leagues will be the freedom to move players rostered on both teams up and down as needed for playing time and if course stacking your teams for local and national rankings.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 13/12/16, 10:59 am

Zizou wrote:What is nice about the two different sanctioned leagues will be the freedom to move players rostered on both teams up and down as needed for playing time and if course stacking your teams for local and national rankings.

We have a winner!!

Goes like this:

"Yes little Susie played DA last week, yes she scored several goals and helped them win, but she wanted a break, so she was demoted to ECNL to give her more time for other activities..."

Following week:  
"Yes, Susie has found her passion again and has rejoined the DA team!!!"

and rinse and repeat....

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 13/12/16, 11:01 am

Can't do it.
USDA restricts full time players from being on any other league rosters. Susie would have to be a part time developmental player.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 13/12/16, 11:12 am

There's the rub.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/12/16, 11:17 am

Full time player? Player 14-22 will not be full time players.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Teufel Hunden 13/12/16, 11:31 am

"Full time" does not equate to playing time and you know it my seasoned soccer forum poster.....
Teufel Hunden
Teufel Hunden
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/12/16, 11:33 am

I know, just trying to spark dialogue.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 13/12/16, 11:38 am

DA wont kill ecnl. Market will. Only way ECNL survives as anything more than a irrelevant or regional league in 5 years is if DA flops or ECNL changes its format to be competition based. Entire concept of ECNL was the perception it is highly concentrated with top quality players. The model of a closed, non merit based B league doesnt hold same appeal for college coaches, which means parents wont keep paying up big money for it as more recruiting cycles go by, and they see kids committing from DA and other non ecnl formats. As DA expands a college coach would likely find a greater concentration of quality players in leagues where players earned their spots.

DA could give a lifeline to USYS teams and the old school showcase tourney circuit. People assume ecnl will automatically inherit the 2nd tier...given the steep drop off in ecnl once you get past the top 50% of clubs...that's  not in any way guaranteed.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhorn 13/12/16, 12:30 pm

Player 14-22 on a DA squad may never see the field!!

Longhorn
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 13/12/16, 12:32 pm

Longhorn wrote:Player 14-22 on a DA squad may never see the field!!

Didn't you read earlier? They have to START 25% of the games. Cmon man. Rolling Eyes

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/12/16, 01:52 pm

I see good things in the future from both leagues. Four regional developments teams for different level players in my opinion is heading in the right direction. yes I know the cost will increase at the DA II teams and ECNL but they have to support a fully funded DA team.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/12/16, 05:59 pm

if it follows the format of the boys a player can play up to 6 games before they are considered a fulltime player and yes there is a 25% start rule. But also particularly at younger ages the DA is a development league. Playoffs are not introduced until U16 and even then everyone goes to the showcase
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTexas 14/12/16, 11:42 am

tpitty wrote:Academy Teams are required to provide a minimum of 18 full-time players on their Academy Team Roster. There is no maximum limit on the number of players on the Team Roster as long as each player starts a minimum of 25% of the Academy team’s matches.

This is the link to US Soccer's 2016-2017 DA Rules.   DA Regulations
Per this FAQ page on US Soccers site the girls DA will follow the existing rules for the boys DA for the 3 girls DA teams.

The Cali club that already had their first DA tryouts said they would have  DA II teams which would be second level teams under their DA teams.  
SoCalSoccer Thread

SoccerTexas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 14/12/16, 12:16 pm

Interesting thread. Especially like the $2250 dues. Very Happy
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster