North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texans Molano looking for a goalie Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Texans Molano looking for a goalie

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Texans Molano looking for a goalie Empty Texans Molano looking for a goalie

Post by gotsoccer13 19/01/17, 12:07 pm

We are looking for 1, but preferably 2, solid keepers. Tons of opportunity to play in both goal and on the field.

We have a GREAT group of girls and they are being coached by one of the best in Willie Molano. We play both Saturday and Sunday leagues so plenty of playing time

Contact Joe Henley
682-561-3458

gotsoccer13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Texans Molano looking for a goalie Empty Re: Texans Molano looking for a goalie

Post by hendrixca 23/01/17, 12:49 pm

What age group?

hendrixca
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsoccer13 23/01/17, 01:13 pm

we are an 08 age pure team

gotsoccer13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/17, 03:00 pm

Was considering bringing my daughter to check you guys out but heard through the Grapevine about some drama this weekend regarding your coach and some opposing parents. Any truth to that?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadx1 16/02/17, 07:42 am

08Keepermum wrote:Was considering bringing my daughter to check you guys out but heard through the Grapevine about some drama this weekend regarding your coach and some opposing parents.  Any truth to that?

In defense to Dallas Texan Molano coach, I was at this game, my DD was playing on the same field right after that game. We were waiting for Toshacks parents to clear the side line so we could move in.. I have never seen such poor sportsmanship from a group of parents than I did that day.. After the game the DT coach was leaving the field and Toshacks parents started badgering him. It wasn't one parent it was multiple parents badgering him as he was walking off the field.

I have no ties to either of these teams and my DD will be playing both of them this season. My family just recently moved her to Texas but I have been around youth soccer for many years and have never seen anything like it. At what point does an opposing teams parent feel they have a right to talk to an opposing coach?

Anyways, I don't know if this is what Texas soccer is all about but this wasn't something that I want my kid a part of or exposed to. My DD team families we all embarrassed to witness such classless acts by a teams parents.

soccerdadx1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccamama 16/02/17, 09:09 am

Whoever posted as 08Keepermum seems to have done so just to cause trouble, though considering Molano's behavior at the game, it is a lit bit understandable, though I don't condone it.   Molano was yelling at the Liverpool coach during the game and crossing over to the Liverpool side while doing so.  It was a hard fought game with skilled players on both teams. There was not a high level of complaining from either set of parents during the game.  A couple of incorrect corner kick calls, one which benefited Texans and one benefited Liverpool. Ultimately, the Texans team lost and Molano refused to shake hands with the Liverpool coach or the Liverpool players at the end of the game.  While parents were packing up, Molano walked in front of the Liverpool parents towards the parking lot and one of the parents did ask why he refused to shake hands with the coach and the players.  Molano responded that he can choose who he wants to talk to or not talk to, then told the parent F*** you, walked away, and flipped the bird to the parents as he left.  This was in front of multiple people including the younger siblings of Liverpool players and of course, that didn't sit well with the other Liverpool parents who at that time did start complaining about his poor behavior. So, was Molano a jerk?  Absolutely.  Should a Liverpool parent have confronted him about it?  Probably not as there really wasn't going to be a good response at that time.

soccamama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer13233 16/02/17, 09:33 am

The LP coach kept yelling negative things about the Texans players, such as "#__ just plays kickball" or "#__ doesn't have any skill". Molano asked her several times to quit talking about his players. Unfortunately, she chose to continue harassing 8-year-old girls. Molano finally had enough of her poor sportsmanship and hence the reason he didn't shake her hand. Before your classy group of parents attack someone, maybe you should know the full story. He was simply standing up for his players.

soccer13233
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 16/02/17, 09:39 am

Nice to see so many 1st time posters. The crazier 08 parents are cutting some teeth, 08 been boring up to this point.

Carry On!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccamama 16/02/17, 09:54 am

Well, I should've known no matter how unbiased I tried to be, someone would make it seem controversial! The Liverpool coach was not saying anything negative about Texans players. That is not her style at all. No one has to take my word for it. Just watch a game where she coaches. Conversely, watch a game where Molano coaches and you'll see his style, too. People who have been around 08 soccer here already are familiar with both of these coaches, I imagine, but for those who aren't and for some reason are curious, they can just go see for themselves.

NoSpinZone, thanks for the welcome to the 08 world! I'll try to keep my crazy to a minimum!

soccamama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 16/02/17, 09:55 am

soccer13233 wrote:The LP coach kept yelling negative things about the Texans players, such as "#__ just plays kickball" or "#__ doesn't have any skill". Molano asked her several times to quit talking about his players. Unfortunately, she chose to continue harassing 8-year-old girls. Molano finally had enough of her poor sportsmanship and hence the reason he didn't shake her hand. Before your classy group of parents attack someone, maybe you should know the full story. He was simply standing up for his players.

I did not see the game. I do know the LP coach and I find the accusations against her hard to believe. Again I was not there , but I would be surprised if she acted as portrayed in the above post.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 16/02/17, 09:58 am

soccamama wrote:Whoever posted as 08Keepermum seems to have done so just to cause trouble, though considering Molano's behavior at the game, it is a lit bit understandable, though I don't condone it.   Molano was yelling at the Liverpool coach during the game and crossing over to the Liverpool side while doing so.  It was a hard fought game with skilled players on both teams. There was not a high level of complaining from either set of parents during the game.  A couple of incorrect corner kick calls, one which benefited Texans and one benefited Liverpool. Ultimately, the Texans team lost and Molano refused to shake hands with the Liverpool coach or the Liverpool players at the end of the game.  While parents were packing up, Molano walked in front of the Liverpool parents towards the parking lot and one of the parents did ask why he refused to shake hands with the coach and the players.  Molano responded that he can choose who he wants to talk to or not talk to, then told the parent F*** you, walked away, and flipped the bird to the parents as he left.  This was in front of multiple people including the younger siblings of Liverpool players and of course, that didn't sit well with the other Liverpool parents who at that time did start complaining about his poor behavior. So, was Molano a jerk?  Absolutely.  Should a Liverpool parent have confronted him about it?  Probably not as there really wasn't going to be a good response at that time.

If the quote in red is true......take your kid off that team ASAP
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsoccer13 16/02/17, 11:00 am

OK OK, now that the 08 board has cut their teeth and 08keepermum got what she wanted which was to stir things up.. lets just end this, everyone is going to have their own spin on things and quiet frankly if I can remember correctly there was only 3 people on that sideline during the game that would know what was said or not said and I was one of those 3..

I have total respect for Sara (LP Toshack coach) and her team. Her players are talented and well coached and she is competitive. The 2 teams have squared off several times and every game has been a good battle. Just like someone mentioned above there is amazing talent on both teams. I am the team manager for the Molano team and if you were there and paying attention you would have seen that I went out after the game and shook Sara hand and told her congrats. I then went over and high fived all of her players and told them amazing job. Sara and I have spoke after this game and neither of us had anything negative to say to the other...

I think it is safe to say that not one parent knows what was going on or being said/not said that wasn't actually on that sideline.

I look forward to matching up with Toshack again and enjoy the play between these 2 very competitive teams..

gotsoccer13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 16/02/17, 11:19 am

gotsoccer13 wrote:OK OK, now that the 08 board has cut their teeth and 08keepermum got what she wanted which was to stir things up.. lets just end this, everyone is going to have their own spin on things and quiet frankly if I can remember correctly there was only 3 people on that sideline during the game that would know what was said or not said and I was one of those 3..

I have total respect for Sara (LP Toshack coach) and her team. Her players are talented and well coached and she is competitive. The 2 teams have squared off several times and every game has been a good battle. Just like someone mentioned above there is amazing talent on both teams. I am the team manager for the Molano team and if you were there and paying attention you would have seen that I went out after the game and shook Sara hand and told her congrats. I then went over and high fived all of her players and told them amazing job. Sara and I have spoke after this game and neither of us had anything negative to say to the other...

I think it is safe to say that not one parent knows what was going on or being said/not said that wasn't actually on that sideline.

I look forward to matching up with Toshack again and enjoy the play between these 2 very competitive teams..

gotsoccer13 = Sean Spicer

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justagirl 16/02/17, 03:23 pm

looking at the scores and it doesn't look like it was much of a battle at all. just sayin

justagirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Switchfoot 16/02/17, 03:26 pm

Am I the only one that finds it odd that a manger would walkout on the field after a game to shake coaches hands and high five players?

Switchfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justagirl 16/02/17, 03:52 pm

When your coach is crying and cussing out the other teams parents you should probably high five some kids.

justagirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumzerogain 16/02/17, 04:16 pm

LP parents classless on and off the field. Not affiliated with either team thank god and witnessed myself... LP coach yelling and saying negative things about Texans players during play of game!! Real Stand up and professional.

Sumzerogain
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 08keepermom 16/02/17, 04:22 pm

soccerdadx1 wrote:
... I was at this game, my DD was playing on the same field right after that game. We were waiting for Toshacks parents to clear the side line so we could move in...

I have no ties to either of these teams and my DD will be playing both of them this season.

Funny, that division didn't have any other games scheduled on that field after that particular game...

08keepermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 16/02/17, 05:18 pm

Sumzerogain wrote:LP parents classless on and off the field. Not affiliated with either team thank god and witnessed myself...  LP coach yelling and saying negative things about Texans players during play of game!! Real Stand up and professional.

Not affiliated  with either team but you were compelled  enough to create a profile today just to post the above????
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomtx 16/02/17, 05:30 pm

So, 08keepermom, are you calling soccerdadx1 a liar?  I too witnessed what was going on.  I was standing with fellow parents (there were a whole bunch of us watching that game) waiting for our game to start, and I personally heard the LP coach saying derogatory things about the play of 8-year old girls on the Texans team.  Coach Molano was just trying to get her to coach her players, and quit talking trash about the Texans players.  

Justagirl, the game was closer than the score indicated.  It was a hard-fought match between 2 top 08 teams.  LP scored a couple of goals late in the game, but for the majority of the game, it was very close.  

I have been around soccer for many years, and know for a fact that Willie Molano is a class act and a great coach.  He did not cuss out parents; the parents on the LP team ganged up on him as he was walking off the field, and began to verbally berate him.  Please don't accuse Willie Molano of doing something he did not do.

Last edited by soccermomtx on 16/02/17, 06:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 16/02/17, 05:42 pm

I would love to hear an example of the " derogatory " comments.   With today's thin skinned society she could be directing  her players to pressure the Texans " player A"  and she will "boot" it or something like that and some snowflake parent will cry " she's berating my kid"
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccamama 16/02/17, 05:59 pm

Dang! I didn't know this was the express train to crazy town! As the DT manager said, only three people were on the sideline where the coaches and players were so only those three know everything that was said. As a parent across the field, I heard both coaches at times of course, but clearly not every word. Though I can't imagine a coach would be yelling derogatory comments at a player, their own or an opposing team's player, and we wouldn't hear it across the field.

The game was indeed a close game. Both teams and their coaches are competitive and each time they play each other it is a very good match. I appreciate the manager's kind words above.

I don't know why someone who claims they were at the game would deny what happened. But I would never lie about a coach dropping an F-bomb aimed at parents and overheard by children.

soccamama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 08keepermom 16/02/17, 06:03 pm

Soccermomtx, for the statement as to why he was there, just pointing out that it doesn't match the schedule. You will notice I made no statement as to whether the incident happened or who did what. Nor did I say anything about either coach, manager, players, or parents. I wasn't at that field so I wouldn't know.

Interesting how so many are getting defensive over this, from both sides.

08keepermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumzerogain 16/02/17, 06:17 pm

Compelled enough to tell the truth. Maybe someone should ask the so-called stand up LP coach what role she played during the game. Ask her what statements she made...maybe she will be compelled to tell the truth, take ownership in her part and be compelled to tell the truth. Saw it and heard it! Disgusting! Truth hurts.

Sumzerogain
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccamama 16/02/17, 06:43 pm

Wow! Such vitriol from sumzerogain who claims they aren't associated with either team, but created an account today to complain loudly, and claims to have heard every word! Very very interesting.

soccamama
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next