North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA, ECNL, LH Solution - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

DA, ECNL, LH Solution - Page 3 Empty Re: DA, ECNL, LH Solution

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 03:44 pm

It's going to be interesting to watch over the next few years.

I personally have my doubts that there will be enough of the "Elite" or "Very Good" female players in NTX, who are willing to make the level of commitment that the DA will require, to sustain DA teams at 4 clubs to the quality standard that USSF will want AND the financial standards that the clubs will want.

My personal guess (and that's really all it is), is that in 2-3 years, DA will contract to 2 clubs in NTX. ECNL will remain very relevant in NTX, although I would also not be surprised to see the # of NTX ECNL clubs drop to 3-4. The overall level of play in ECNL will drop a bit, probably somewhere about 1/2 way between the current ECNL level of play and the current level of play in LHGCL.

My prediction is that the # of NTX girls going to D1 schools from DA vs ECNL will probably be close to equal, with DA possibly having a slight, but not major advantage in Power 5 schools. D1 scholarships for girls coming out of LHGCL will become rare.

Again, mark this post, come back in 3-5 years, and see if I was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 30/03/17, 03:55 pm

bwgophers wrote:It's going to be interesting to watch over the next few years.

I personally have my doubts that there will be enough of the "Elite" or "Very Good" female players in NTX, who are willing to make the level of commitment that the DA will require, to sustain DA teams at 4 clubs to the quality standard that USSF will want AND the financial standards that the clubs will want.

My personal guess (and that's really all it is), is that in 2-3 years, DA will contract to 2 clubs in NTX.  ECNL will remain very relevant in NTX, although I would also not be surprised to see the # of NTX ECNL clubs drop to 3-4.  The overall level of play in ECNL will drop a bit, probably somewhere about 1/2 way between the current ECNL level of play and the current level of play in LHGCL.

My prediction is that the # of NTX girls going to D1 schools from DA vs ECNL will probably be close to equal, with DA possibly having a slight, but not major advantage in Power 5 schools.  D1 scholarships for girls coming out of LHGCL will become rare.

Man I would love to take you up on that 3-5. However, I feel that if we are still poking around in this forum at that time there are more frightening issues that need to be addressed.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 04:01 pm

My personal guess (and that's really all it is), is that in 2-3 years, DA will contract to 2 clubs in NTX.  ECNL will remain very relevant in NTX, although I would also not be surprised to see the # of NTX ECNL clubs drop to 3-4.  The overall level of play in ECNL will drop a bit, probably somewhere about 1/2 way between the current ECNL level of play and the current level of play in LHGCL.

My prediction is that the # of NTX girls going to D1 schools from DA vs ECNL will probably be close to equal, with DA possibly having a slight, but not major advantage in Power 5 schools.  D1 scholarships for girls coming out of LHGCL will become rare.

The boys have not had this problem, why do you anticipate the girls having less elite players?

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 30/03/17, 04:21 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:

The boys have not had this problem, why do you anticipate the girls having less elite players?

I don't pay much attention to the boys' side, but aren't there only 3 boys' DA clubs?  Looks like only FCD will make the playoffs (in both age brackets).  Obviously they are all playing stiff competition, but it looks like even on the boys side, 2 clubs would be better than 3.  Happy to be schooled about the boys.  I admittedly don't know much about the boys DA.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 30/03/17, 04:25 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:Then it is a easy decision for your family. LHGCL is the place for your DD. Don't worry be happy.
Thats the answer I thought I would receive from you.  Because you are not very smart, just an observation.  Never said that DA wasn't a good idea, just not the only path.  You seem too closed minded to be intelligent. If you do not make national team as a DA player, what do you do?  You will be able to have your pick of D1 schools but the DA is the path to NT.  Period.  Are there outliers? yes.    

Well I don't believe I will be asking you for any advice nor making any betting decisions. ECNL, and maybe DA are set up to showcase our athletes talents to the nation. The records speak for themselves. Go ahead do the math and see where if you are going to pay where might be the best place to put your money.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 04:26 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:

1) Correct me if I am wrong, but NTX had 4 Boys DA clubs, but was unable to sustain that and is now down to 3.
2) In addition to USMNT, and College opportunities, boys have viable professional league opportunities that the girls don't
3) When Boys DA was established, there was no equivalent of ECNL already in place and well established. Sorry, but PL/NL doesn't compare to what ECNL is today on the Girls side.
4) Get your slings and arrows ready, but boys and girls are generally wired differently. I do think there will be a higher likelihood that girls will choose to stay with ECNL with it's somewhat lower commitment level and ability to participate in HS sports and have a little additional free time outside of the soccer world for other things.

These are my opinions, and in some cases, outright guesses. Let's come back to this in 3-5 years to see if I was wrong, it won't be the first time...

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 30/03/17, 04:31 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Sho'Nuff wrote:

1)  Correct me if I am wrong, but NTX had 4 Boys DA clubs, but was unable to sustain that and is now down to 3.
2)  In addition to USMNT, and College opportunities, boys have viable professional league opportunities that the girls don't
3)  When Boys DA was established, there was no equivalent of ECNL already in place and well established.  Sorry, but PL/NL doesn't compare to what ECNL is today on the Girls side.
4)  Get your slings and arrows ready, but boys and girls are generally wired differently.  I do think there will be a higher likelihood that girls will choose to stay with ECNL with it's somewhat lower commitment level and ability to participate in HS sports and have a little additional free time outside of the soccer world for other things.

These are my opinions, and in some cases, outright guesses.  Let's come back to this in 3-5 years to see if I was wrong, it won't be the first time...

BW, I'll go on record with you.  I would add that, aside from FCD, I don't see the financial backing from the clubs that don't have the MLS/NWSL connection.

Last edited by ForReal on 30/03/17, 04:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 30/03/17, 04:32 pm

Correct, zero benefit to club owners to foot the bill.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 04:40 pm

Someone give me the Cliff's notes on Andromeda losing their DA program. I was under the impression it wasn't attrition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 04:46 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:Someone give me the Cliff's notes on Andromeda losing their DA program.  I was under the impression it wasn't attrition.

So why hasn't another NTX club stepped up and claimed a DA spot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 05:26 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Sho'Nuff wrote:Someone give me the Cliff's notes on Andromeda losing their DA program.  I was under the impression it wasn't attrition.

I'm sold. I would still like to get those Cliffs notes, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 30/03/17, 05:33 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

I'm sold.  I would still like to get those Cliffs notes, though.

Doesn't really answer the question, but see this: http://www.txsoccer.info/t13031-andromeda-are-out-of-ussf-academy-next-season

I think they were always near the bottom of the rankings, but lack of finances might have been the ultimate nail in the coffin.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/03/17, 06:21 pm

Just a little tidbit for you guys ...

The USSDA is giving some discretion to the Girl's DA clubs in allowing them to make the decision as to whether or not the ladies can participate in school sports. It's not a 'hard and fast' rule ... Very grey.

I do know that FCD will be allowing the DA U14s (and possible U13s if that comes together) to participate in MS sports next year but not allowing the older groups to participate in HS sports. Solar has yet to make a final decision.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 30/03/17, 06:46 pm

Happy birthday big e, hope it's a great one.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 30/03/17, 06:55 pm

I tend to lean toward BW's take on the situation. I think some very talented girls will jump to DA, I also think some less talented girls that are not happy with their High School situations will be on DA rosters. For those girls at Coppell, Marcus, Allen, South Lake, etc... I think a lot of them enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of high school and will choose ECNL/HighSchool. I know mine has already ruled out DA because of the level of committment and conflict with HS...

bwgophers wrote:
Sho'Nuff wrote:

1)  Correct me if I am wrong, but NTX had 4 Boys DA clubs, but was unable to sustain that and is now down to 3.
2)  In addition to USMNT, and College opportunities, boys have viable professional league opportunities that the girls don't
3)  When Boys DA was established, there was no equivalent of ECNL already in place and well established.  Sorry, but PL/NL doesn't compare to what ECNL is today on the Girls side.
4)  Get your slings and arrows ready, but boys and girls are generally wired differently.  I do think there will be a higher likelihood that girls will choose to stay with ECNL with it's somewhat lower commitment level and ability to participate in HS sports and have a little additional free time outside of the soccer world for other things.

These are my opinions, and in some cases, outright guesses.  Let's come back to this in 3-5 years to see if I was wrong, it won't be the first time...
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/17, 06:58 pm

BigErn wrote:Just a little tidbit for you guys ...

The USSDA is giving some discretion to the Girl's DA clubs in allowing them to make the decision as to whether or not the ladies can participate in school sports.  It's not a 'hard and fast' rule ... Very grey.

I do know that FCD will be allowing the DA U14s (and possible U13s if that comes together) to participate in MS sports next year but not allowing the older groups to participate in HS sports.  Solar has yet to make a final decision.

BigE -

I wouldn't be surprised if you have better and/or more recent info than I have, and I also understand the situation is still a bit fluid...

The last information that I had was that DA would not prevent kids from participating in other sports, but that they would not be allowed to do both simultaneously.  In other words, they would have to take a "leave" from DA to play the other sport.  However, the DA isn't going to pause in any way, or attempt to schedule around anything else.  Furthermore, the clubs will still have to meet the requirements of having viable rosters, and documenting a minimum of 4 training sessions per week for every DA player.  If clubs allow players to "leave" for another sport, they will possibly need to backfill those spots with other non-DA players.  Now, when the original player wants to come back into the DA fold after their other sport season is over, you have created an issue if you have to "cut" the substitute player, or... if the substitute player is playing very well, the player who "left" may not get back in.  The Clubs will not be keen on dealing with such situations, especially if GDA is still pay-to-play, which is my understanding that at least some of the DA clubs are saying it will be.

So is your information different from what I described above?  If not, then while the DA isn't "officially" preventing players from participating in other sports, the restrictions placed on the clubs/players make reality something different.

Even if they were to allow simultaneous participation in DA and another sport, is the DA going to relax on the 4x training/week requirement for those players?  That alone will make participating in something in addition to DA extremely difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 30/03/17, 11:04 pm

bwgophers wrote:

The USSDA is giving some discretion to the Girl's DA clubs in allowing them to make the decision as to whether or not the ladies can participate in school sports.  It's not a 'hard and fast' rule ... Very grey.

I do know that FCD will be allowing the DA U14s (and possible U13s if that comes together) to participate in MS sports next year but not allowing the older groups to participate in HS sports.  Solar has yet to make a final decision.

BigE -

I wouldn't be surprised if you have better and/or more recent info than I have, and I also understand the situation is still a bit fluid...

The last information that I had was that DA would not prevent kids from participating in other sports, but that they would not be allowed to do both simultaneously.  In other words, they would have to take a "leave" from DA to play the other sport.  However, the DA isn't going to pause in any way, or attempt to schedule around anything else.  Furthermore, the clubs will still have to meet the requirements of having viable rosters, and documenting a minimum of 4 training sessions per week for every DA player.  If clubs allow players to "leave" for another sport, they will possibly need to backfill those spots with other non-DA players.  Now, when the original player wants to come back into the DA fold after their other sport season is over, you have created an issue if you have to "cut" the substitute player, or... if the substitute player is playing very well, the player who "left" may not get back in.  The Clubs will not be keen on dealing with such situations, especially if GDA is still pay-to-play, which is my understanding that at least some of the DA clubs are saying it will be.

So is your information different from what I described above?  If not, then while the DA isn't "officially" preventing players from participating in other sports, the restrictions placed on the clubs/players make reality something different.

Even if they were to allow simultaneous participation in DA and another sport, is the DA going to relax on the 4x training/week requirement for those players?  That alone will make participating in something in addition to DA extremely difficult.

The backlash about not being able to play HS soccer has been strong. DA will "allow" it subject to the terms BW discussed above, which isn't optimal by any means. But that won't last more than a year or two. Then it's done. Forget playing HS soccer if you're U15 or below.

The more interesting thing said by Big E, which he slipped in and nobody seems to have noticed yet is hard for me to say since he is so often just flat out wrong, is his comment about u13 (05s) being in DA next year. I've heard similar chatter. But more realistically is ECNL starting at U13. Some clubs outside of Texas have said it's happening. They're even already recruiting and holding tryouts. That's another game changer for 05s.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 30/03/17, 11:16 pm

ForReal wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

BigE -

The backlash about not being able to play HS soccer has been strong. DA will "allow" it subject to the terms BW discussed above, which isn't optimal by any means. But that won't last more than a year or two. Then it's done. Forget playing HS soccer if you're U15 or below.

The more interesting thing said by Big E, which he slipped in and nobody seems to have noticed yet is hard for me to say since he is so often just flat out wrong, is his comment about u13 (05s) being in DA next year. I've heard similar chatter. But more realistically is ECNL starting at U13. Some clubs outside of Texas have said it's happening. They're even already recruiting and holding tryouts. That's another game changer for 05s.

Absolutely spot on and couldn't have said it better myself BW --

FoReal -- I can't seem to recall ... please remind me of what I've been "flat out wrong" about again.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 31/03/17, 12:26 am

BigErn wrote:
FoReal -- I can't seem to recall ... please remind me of what I've been "flat out wrong" about again.

A few posts of yours from last summer:

BigErn wrote:There won't be any JDL teams qualifying or playing at LH D1.

BigErn wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:Completely inorrect bigern Completeincorrect

Comical.

As I mentioned, LH is the 'League'. JDL, D1, D2, D3 are 'Divisions'.  None of the JDL division teams will be playing in D1.  For each team from last year that have a bye this year in D1-D3 within the ECNL clubs, that bye will go to another team within that club to use (i.e. last year's FCD Elite D1 team bye now goes to the 3rd team at the club).  

So yes ... D1 will be watered down.

I accept your apology in advance. Thanks Laughing

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 31/03/17, 07:03 am

ForReal wrote:
BigErn wrote:

BigErn wrote:

Comical.

As I mentioned, LH is the 'League'. JDL, D1, D2, D3 are 'Divisions'.  None of the JDL division teams will be playing in D1.  For each team from last year that have a bye this year in D1-D3 within the ECNL clubs, that bye will go to another team within that club to use (i.e. last year's FCD Elite D1 team bye now goes to the 3rd team at the club).  

Shocked

talk about some butt hurt

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad05 31/03/17, 07:04 am

05's will be playing full ECNl with the exception of national championship. There will be an optional regional showcase. This is based on Clubs accepting the 05 format.

2017-18 ECNL Member Clubs:

Please read the below correspondence in regards to the ECNL U13 Division being introduced in the 2017-18 ECNL Season.
Background:

The ECNL U13 Division will be created as a formal ECNL competition age group beginning in the 2017-18 season. While the age group will be formally supported by the league (see below), participation will be optional due to the different travel demands across the country. Additionally, based on the age of the players and the philosophy of the league, there will be no national champion or championship event.

The ECNL U13 Division will provide an option for member clubs to introduce their U13 players to the ECNL structure and competition, while focusing on development and learning.

ECNL U13 Division Basics:

Participation in the ECNL U13 Division is optional. All clubs must submit a survey response to the league (see below) indicating their desire to participate. Based upon these responses, the league will create conference schedules. Once committing to participate, the commitment is binding and will be enforced as at other ECNL age groups.
Participating teams in the ECNL U13 Division must complete the ECNL U13 Division season in its entirety as laid out and approved by the league.
The ECNL U13 Division Team must be the “first team” of the club in the U13 age group.
The specific competition format for the ECNL U13 Division will be determined by the league. It may mirror the format of the U14 schedule, or be structured differently, based on participating clubs.
ECNL U13 Division players must be carded under the ECNL and will be subject to ECNL roster rules. Players can play for both the ECNL U13 Team and any other ECNL Team, provided all ECNL Rules and Regulations are followed.
ECNL U13 Division players may participate in any ECNL National Event for which they are age eligible.
There will be no standings or post-season competition for ECNL U13 Division teams.

ECNL Support:

The ECNL will support the ECNL U13 Division in the following ways:

ECNL will have a U13 Division schedule on the ECNL website
ECNL will host at least one optional (1) ECNL U13 Division Showcase during the season

Jen Winnagle
Commissioner
Elite Clubs National League

TulsaFootballDad05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 31/03/17, 07:14 am

ForReal wrote:
BigErn wrote:

BigErn wrote:

Comical.

quality...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 31/03/17, 07:53 am

Bodhisattva wrote:
ForReal wrote:
BigErn wrote:

BigErn wrote:

Comical.

quality...

Not exactly "flat out wrong"

D1 is watered down is it not?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 31/03/17, 08:07 am

ForReal wrote:
BigErn wrote:

BigErn wrote:

Comical.

And if there were separate "divisions", then CPP rules would apply to girls "loaned" from JDL teams to DI teams.  (It wasn't LHGCL that made the decisions - the DOCs wanted to make sure they protected their DI byes.  See Solar, Sting and FCD 04 all using JDL players "dual-rostered" or added to the DI roster late in the season - some to try and secure their DI slot they would otherwise lose.)

But I'm sure that's all in the best interest of the players - not the clubs.  Rolling Eyes

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 31/03/17, 08:24 am

ForReal wrote:
BigErn wrote:

BigErn wrote:

Comical.

Thanks for teeing this one up for me FoReal --

Butt hurt? ... For this?  C'mon now guys.  

You actually just wrote, "so often flat out wrong" ...  I'd be more upset if I was you when I wasted and hour of my time going back through 500+ posts to find 1 item which, by the way, came directly from the horse's mouth at that time and happened in 04s for all but two teams (this has already been discussed dozens of times when discussing JDL since).  It wasn't speculation and is exactly as the JDL was (and still is) outlined.  

And why would you include the, "So yes ... D1 will be watered down." comment?  No doubt this is the absolutely true and will continue to be at U13+ ...

Well done Sir Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 31/03/17, 08:35 am

BigErn wrote:
ForReal wrote:
BigErn wrote:

BigErn wrote:

Comical.

Thanks for teeing this one up for me FoReal --

Butt hurt? ... For this?  C'mon now guys.  

You actually just wrote, "so often flat out wrong" ...  I'd be more upset if I was you when I wasted and hour of my time going back through 500+ posts to find 1 item which, by the way, came directly from the horse's mouth at that time and happened in 04s for all but two teams (this has already been discussed dozens of times when discussing JDL since).  It wasn't speculation and is exactly as the JDL was (and still is) outlined.  

And why would you include the, "So yes ... D1 will be watered down." comment?  No doubt this is the absolutely true and will continue to be at U13+ ...

Well done Sir Very Happy

I didn't call you butt hurt.  Nor did I spend a long time going through your posts.  I knew you were wrong then and I remembered your posts about the subject.  So I've taken all of your posts with a grain of salt since.  In any event, regardless of your source then, you were wrong.  But where might I find this JDL "outline"?

I included the "watered down" comment because it was part of the same paragraph.  And, of course, nobody disagrees that DI would be watered down.  That was quite the brilliant comment you made.  

Just accept that you were wrong about teams playing both JDL and LH.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next