North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs

Go down

Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs Empty Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs

Post by NickSmith 20/04/17, 08:41 pm

What would it take to form a player's union?

What is wrong with us?  When did we get to a point where we are willing to pay thousands of dollars for a youth sport to control our kids with a ton of "team" or "club" expectations and to receive none of the same courtesies?  Our daughters sign a contract guaranteeing we will fork out thousands with nothing holding the other party accountable for anything.

All these clubs care about are the $$$ that they suck out of us.  What protects the players from scandalous coaches and clubs?  Nothing!

How many players have been signed onto a team with promises to play only to ride the bench?

What if the players were able to hold the coaches to expectations?  How many times has your player gone to a mandatory practice and the coach is at a "game" with one of his/her other teams?  What would happen if your daughter missed that practice?  Loss of playing time?

How many times has your player's practice ran late when they have a ton of homework?  What would happen if your player showed up late to that practice?  Consequences for sure.

99.5% of our daughters will not go pro...  Why do we put up with the North Texas Soccer rat race?  Coaches and clubs are making millions off of us and act like they are the best thing that ever happened to them.

I feel strongly that an organization designed to protect the interest of players is inevitable to stop the craze.

NickSmith
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs Empty Re: Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs

Post by Zizou 20/04/17, 09:10 pm

Doesn't a players union protect players under contract that are being paid? Then don't you pay dues to be in a union. So more cost on top of your contract.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs Empty Re: Players Union? It shouldn't be all about the clubs

Post by kick_tha_ball 20/04/17, 09:49 pm

"All these clubs care about are the $$$ that they suck out of us. What protects the players from scandalous coaches and clubs? Nothing!"...

You do. You're the parent. Stop b.t.hing and make better choices for your DD and family.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by calcio9990 20/04/17, 10:01 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:"All these clubs care about are the $$$ that they suck out of us.  What protects the players from scandalous coaches and clubs?  Nothing!"...

You do. You're the parent. Stop b.t.hing and make better choices for your DD and family.

Must be a coach or club suck up.
A$$wipe!

calcio9990
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/04/17, 10:07 pm

I can't disagree with parents improving their knowledge doing their homework and making informed decisions. Some coaches back fill their pocket books with those players and parents that are uniformed.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 20/04/17, 10:10 pm

calcio9990 wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:"All these clubs care about are the $$$ that they suck out of us.  What protects the players from scandalous coaches and clubs?  Nothing!"...

A$$wipe!

Not a coach or a "club suck up" as you so elequently put it. Just a parent that ain't always looking to blame someone else because YOU make dumbass decisions. You
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by calcio9990 20/04/17, 10:22 pm

Zizou wrote:I can't disagree with parents improving their knowledge doing their homework and making informed decisions. Some coaches back fill their pocket books with those players and parents that are uniformed.

Some coaches?
Aside form just a lot of shite coaching around... have seen much bad behaviour, otherwise known as just simple, greedy corruption from coaches and clubs, taking the money and delivering crap.

Fact of the matter is, I can't think of any industry that has less consumer protection than the racket in NTX soccer.

Looking forward to US Soccer coming in to the mix with DA and bringing a level of over sight and governance to the swamp! Long overdue!

calcio9990
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by calcio9990 20/04/17, 10:23 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:
calcio9990 wrote:

A$$wipe!

Not a coach or a "club suck up" as you so elequently put it. Just a parent that ain't always looking to blame someone else because YOU make dumbass decisions. You

Suck up a$$wipe! Wake up...

calcio9990
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 20/04/17, 10:32 pm

calcio9990 wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:
calcio9990 wrote:

A$$wipe!

Suck up a$$wipe!  Wake up...

"A man that cusses as much as you, does so becsuse he has nothing intelligent to say". FYI...I'm wide awake. I'm not the one on this forum blaming a coach/club because they are in the business of making money. You don't want them to take your money, stop giving it to them. Pretty simple concept.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/04/17, 05:38 am

calcio9990 wrote:
Zizou wrote:I can't disagree with parents improving their knowledge doing their homework and making informed decisions. Some coaches back fill their pocket books with those players and parents that are uniformed.

Some coaches?
Aside form just a lot of shite coaching around...  have seen much bad behaviour, otherwise known as just simple, greedy corruption from coaches and clubs, taking the money and delivering crap.

Fact of the matter is, I can't think of any industry that has less consumer protection than the racket in NTX soccer.

Looking forward to US Soccer coming in to the mix with DA and bringing a level of over sight and governance to the swamp!  Long overdue!

This has been fostered by parents and players that when felt they have been dealt an unfair deal moving around and paying money to make their little Susie happy. Opening up an industry where it is easy to come on this board and say forming a team come out and I will play your kid just pay me the money.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 21/04/17, 03:07 pm

Wonder if the OP mean this thread to be in the same post as the "biggest DB coach". Could the two be related? Things that make you go hummm.....
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 21/04/17, 03:54 pm

I agree that we, the customers, do very little to help one another in this market.  When someone asks for help, some of us will try to assist but too many of us are quick to make a snide retort.  

We don't help each other enough but, in my opinion, that's because many are afraid to speak up.  Many of us worry about imagined retribution against their own child from their coach or club.  

I suspect we do allow coaches and clubs to bully us because we know we're compelled to trust our children (and money and time) with them.  But we have more options now than ever before... Are we really still being compelled?  (I don't think so.  We all just have to be willing to try the path less taken.)

In my opinion, reducing Select contract lengths from 12 months to 6 months would solve most of our problems.  I've mentioned this idea on the forums in the past but there's always outspoken posters whining about how that simple change would shatter their world.  If Academy can survive (or even excel) in a month-to-month format, why can't Select withstand a move from 12 to 6 months in contract length?  Is it really that fragile of a system?  Coaches would take the customer relationship a lot more seriously.  

The problem isn't with the clubs preventing change.  Why should they change this system?  The problem is with us.  We refuse to come together as a customer group and make a change like that happen.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/04/17, 05:18 pm

come together? LMAO you can't even get parents to come clean on tryout schedules. Coaches aren't making you guys kiss their ass, provide extra "gifts" etc. You guys are choosing to do it. Parents in NTX word harder than their kids. They would rather put in the work selling, schmoozing, contributing than just have little Suzie work and earn what she gets. The coaches and clubs are exactly what we the parents have asked for and created
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Harambe 21/04/17, 05:38 pm

IMO the contract rules should be less restrictive and that would give back some power to the player.  

Full releases during contract should be given only in serious situations (player moves, parent loses job, player NEVER plays etc).  Otherwise you signed up, and you deal with it - plus the rest of the team depends on you being there and your release changes what everyone else signed up for.

That said - I see no legit reason why there is a need for permission to train or guest play with other clubs, teams or groups - presuming that it doesn't mean missing your team's training or games.

The bigger issue for me seems to be the length of the contract.  July 1 - June 31.  Clubs should have ZERO say about where your dd trains or guest plays period - but certainly not after the season is over.  Why should a player have to get a guest release in May or June from a club she intends to leave to guest play with a team she is interested in joining?  Makes no sense.

And why not permit coaches to offer contracts at any time after the season? Maybe the contract "offer" isn't binding ON THE PLAYER until June 15 or July 1, (BUT WOULD BE BINDING ON THE CLUB). Wouldn't all parents want to avoid the dreaded last  weeks of June walkups?  Coaches would start doling out contracts to their "keepers" earlier and you would know pretty early if you needed to keep looking because your dd didn't get a contract, and you would have a better idea of who was actually joining the team.  

This all happens behind the scenes anyway, so why not be up front about it and make the clubs commit before parents and players have to?

Just a couple of ideas that will never happen - but I feel better now. Razz

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down