North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Spring Season - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Spring Season

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spring Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring Season

Post by TxFutbal 25/01/18, 04:17 pm

The '09s are a great bunch of kids and there are some really good future soccer stars in this group. Hopefully the parents and continued consolidation of the clubs don't ruin them.

The '09s just might be the flagship group that sees all the soccer governing bodies come together to do what's right for the girls.

Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Dribble. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 25/01/18, 06:45 pm

TxFutbal wrote:The '09s are a great bunch of kids and there are some really good future soccer stars in this group.  Hopefully the parents and continued consolidation of the clubs don't ruin them.  

The '09s just might be the flagship group that sees all the soccer governing bodies come together to do what's right for the girls.

Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Dribble. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

consolidation = ruining kids? ... hmmm scratch

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 25/01/18, 09:23 pm

NeverHome wrote:ForReal, I disagree... the ‘09s are a less sarcastic bunch than the other age groups and more polite to each other.  The parents are still as crazy as any other age group but the board is relatively tame.  

Most of the annoying posts come from posters with kids in other age groups wandering onto the ‘09 board... oh wait!  That’s you!  Wink

Just watch, young grasshopper. Let’s revisit in a year.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 25/01/18, 11:11 pm

The only trepidation I have about club consolidation being detrimental to the kids is it appears the clubs are moving to a pool based concept and diminishing the value of team. Being a part of a team, building relationships with other girls, and learning how to support/be accountable to each other is in my opinion more than half the fun of playing soccer.

Others might have a different perspective and may not agree with this point of view, but this is what I see as a negative as clubs get bigger, fewer clubs exist, and pooling talent for the sake of "development" becomes the norm.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/01/18, 06:35 am

Team soccer does not exist except for the recreational or ijndependants. The recreational club teams tthat just want party pics do exist but the competitive environment is pooled.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/01/18, 08:39 am

TxFutbal wrote:The only trepidation I have about club consolidation being detrimental to the kids is it appears the clubs are moving to a pool based concept and diminishing the value of team.  Being a part of a team, building relationships with other girls, and learning how to support/be accountable to each other is in my opinion more than half the fun of playing soccer.  

Others might have a different perspective and may not agree with this point of view, but this is what I see as a negative as clubs get bigger, fewer clubs exist, and pooling talent for the sake of "development" becomes the norm.

Understood Futbal and yes -- they are indeed ... for the littles.  

Most of the larger clubs (including some that could be considered independents) and the stronger, more tenured coaches have utilized pool training for the littles for years because, frankly, it's the most efficient way to evaluate.  It seems you're insinuating that team rosters at the bigs are formed erratically from week to week ... This is not the case.  If you have any examples of the bigs throwing out completely different rosters weekly for the same team, please do share ... I've been around quite awhile and outside of a preseason scrimmage or two, I haven't witnessed it yet.  And please for all of our sakes, don't come back with LH team A had a few ECNL players guest play in a tourney, so my kid was robbed of the team atmosphere experience that day.

Sure -- building relationships and supporting teammates is all well and good.  You can rest assured that teams do exist at the bigs too.  Those kids are building the same relationships, supporting and holding/being held accountable just the same as the kids at Independent X.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/01/18, 09:09 am

My 08 plays on a more recreational big club team so she can pay and play when they need to win tournaments they will bring in the ringers to look good on paper. Development is slower paced w a Obama standard of everybody is equal but from the club perspective they want the rankings which are fabricated. To be in the pool gets you w better talent and more opportunities to play.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 26/01/18, 09:13 am

LOL..  No examples of LH play and the misaligned CPP process from me.  Everyone knows my perspective on this from my previous posts. When my oldest played ECNL before she moved to Vball, she was constantly asked to play in LH.  She always said "don't make me play" unless she had friends to play along with.  

Besides, fundamentally I think we should let the teams stand on their own on game day vs. the clubs playing to keep a bye.

My comment is more towards the future where DA is kinda resembling the ODP model.  I see everyone training together and then coaches put together rosters for the various matches and showcases out of the pool.  I could be wrong on this, but this is what I see.

I am not speaking negatively about DA, ECNL, or any other program.  I am a team sport purest and believe the best development in learning how to play the game is having consistency with a team. History has proven from every sport that it's not the best athletes that win championships, it's when a group of people comes together as a team, becomes accountable to each other, and will go above and beyond their own capability for each other.  When the USMNT figures this out, maybe they just might make it back to the World Cup.  I think Hope Solo is learning the hard way that it's about team vs. the individual as well.  I bet if you ask Mia Hamm, Tobin Heath, Alex Morgan, Becky S, or even Mallory P, they will all tell you it's about team and their experiences with different sports that makes them a better soccer player.

The only reason why I have a slightly better point of view on ECNL vs. DA is because ECNL is still about team and choice, where DA seems to be focused on recreating the boys soccer model for girls.  I am not convinced the boys are better off (yet) so why change what has worked so well on the girls side?    The only thing I can think of is politics/power/money if you remove the "it's better" competitiveness conversation from the mix.  

Life is a game of inches ya'know.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/01/18, 09:31 am

TxFutbal wrote:LOL..  No examples of LH play and the misaligned CPP process from me.  Everyone knows my perspective on this from my previous posts. When my oldest played ECNL before she moved to Vball, she was constantly asked to play in LH.  She always said "don't make me play" unless she had friends to play along with.  

Besides, fundamentally I think we should let the teams stand on their own on game day vs. the clubs playing to keep a bye.

My comment is more towards the future where DA is kinda resembling the ODP model.  I see everyone training together and then coaches put together rosters for the various matches and showcases out of the pool.  I could be wrong on this, but this is what I see.

I am not speaking negatively about DA, ECNL, or any other program.  I am a team sport purest and believe the best development in learning how to play the game is having consistency with a team. History has proven from every sport that it's not the best athletes that win championships, it's when a group of people comes together as a team, becomes accountable to each other, and will go above and beyond their own capability for each other.  When the USMNT figures this out, maybe they just might make it back to the World Cup.  I think Hope Solo is learning the hard way that it's about team vs. the individual as well.  I bet if you ask Mia Hamm, Tobin Heath, Alex Morgan, Becky S, or even Mallory P, they will all tell you it's about team and their experiences with different sports that makes them a better soccer player.

The only reason why I have a slightly better point of view on ECNL vs. DA is because ECNL is still about team and choice, where DA seems to be focused on recreating the boys soccer model for girls.  I am not convinced the boys are better off (yet) so why change what has worked so well on the girls side?    The only thing I can think of is politics/power/money if you remove the "it's better" competitiveness conversation from the mix.  

If that was consistent...Texans U14 DA wouldn’t have or probably wouldn’t have the record they have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/01/18, 09:38 am

Obama would be proud of his agenda of everybody gets a trophy.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergodntx 26/01/18, 09:51 am

LMAO in Obama's world, everyone gets participation trophies.....

soccergodntx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/01/18, 09:52 am

Damn we could use some trophies these days...

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/01/18, 03:40 pm

TxFutbal wrote:LOL..  No examples of LH play and the misaligned CPP process from me.  Everyone knows my perspective on this from my previous posts. When my oldest played ECNL before she moved to Vball, she was constantly asked to play in LH.  She always said "don't make me play" unless she had friends to play along with.  

We agree that playing other sports is a good thing and that the CPP is being misused.  But are you saying that you have a "slightly better point of view on ECNL vs. DA" because one of your older kids used to play in the ECNL.  Or that you now you have a younger kid playing in GDA?  Is this how you know so much about both?  

Regardless ... If a player's "development" is based on whether or not they stay with the same team throughout, then how did the aforementioned players get to the level they are on now?  You don't think they were on the same team from U little on do ya?  Truth is that they were identified as elite and invited to play for a more advanced (ECNL/ODP/ect) team around the 5th-6th grade, then they were invited to the YNT pool around 8th-9th grade (same as many of the top players in those age groups across the nation now).  The days of playing for the same rec team and coach throughout and performing at a high level just because the kids have played together forever are long past.

The foundation of real development is a consistent, high level of training + matches with like minded/skilled players.  The reality is that elite players aren't being served well when playing amongst average talent for a long period of time.  Which is why the focus at the higher levels more recently has shifted from team development to individual performance ...

Hence the title USSD(evelopment)A

BTW -- You couldn't be any more wrong in what you "see"  (tough to figure this one out since you obviously haven't seen anything, but ...) regarding your DA-ODP comparison contention ...

There is zero group training -- each team trains on it's own with occasional scrimmaging vs other age groups within GDA.  

There are no "pools" -- the only players eligible to play with any GDA team through the year are those that were given a DP (Developmental Player) designation ... we have three and I believe the maximum is six per team per year.

The rosters are consistent -- they do not change for particular matches or Showcases.  As I mentioned, these Showcases especially are meant to display individual talent for college and USYNT coaches.  In the case of my kid's team (which is the same for most in NTX), we have yet to utilize a single DP.  The only others I have seen or heard of have been due to significant injury at a single position.

And on a more irrelevant (and less popular) note ... You're too old to be using "LOL" -- leave that stuff to your kids.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/01/18, 03:47 pm

There's is alot of irony to all of it Zizou. If you can't beat the system mirror the system.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/01/18, 04:31 pm

You know I rarely engage you BigBoy, but for the love of God, and or the 69th time ...

If you aren't going to contribute anything but drivel ... Don't.  And if you insist on continuing to be feckless, you could at the very least clean it up -- no less than 3 eff ups in the two sentences of spew above alone ... c'mon now Son.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/01/18, 04:55 pm

Zizou needs a trophy too.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 26/01/18, 04:56 pm

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

We seem to be talking in circles..  Given your description, how is DA any different than what ECNL was established to be?  Higher level skilled players playing against higher level skilled players where college coaches get to watch?  Are you saying the only difference is DA focuses on the T.O style of athlete where it's all about me?  If this is the case, in about 7 years the USWNT will struggle in world cup QT same as the men.

Don't kid yourself, it's all about the W in the DA league/showcases too, not just with ECNL. A girl dribbling from box to box performing a beautiful display of skills/athleticism and taking a shot only to give up possession will last about 30 seconds on the pitch.. You know it and I know it.

I see DA and ECNL to be exactly the same based on the experience I saw with my oldest DD.  The only difference is size of the pool, the restrictions, and the association patch on the jersey.

DA is a pool and don't buy into the propaganda being said otherwise. There are more kids training together on a team than there are roster spots. Same as ECNL except I believe based on my own observations I have seen during practice, there are more kids in the DA pool than the make up of an average ECNL team.  This is why I think it hurts the team concept

For the kids playing high school soccer, DA maybe has less training (4+ days in DA vs. 5 days in HS plus Club) unless you add in the mental training that goes with DA.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 26/01/18, 05:15 pm

I would love to invite you out to our DA practice and allow you to see the pool of 16 girls that train 5 days a week together. The same 16 girls that dress for match day.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/01/18, 05:45 pm

Txfutbol is correct several parents in DA don't like that there's too many heads and not enough bench space.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/01/18, 05:51 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

We seem to be talking in circles..  Given your description, how is DA any different than what ECNL was established to be?  Higher level skilled players playing against higher level skilled players where college coaches get to watch?  Are you saying the only difference is DA focuses on the T.O style of athlete where it's all about me?  If this is the case, in about 7 years the USWNT will struggle in world cup QT same as the men.

Don't kid yourself, it's all about the W in the DA league/showcases too, not just with ECNL. A girl dribbling from box to box performing a beautiful display of skills/athleticism and taking a shot only to give up possession will last about 30 seconds on the pitch.. You know it and I know it.

I see DA and ECNL to be exactly the same based on the experience I saw with my oldest DD.  The only difference is size of the pool, the restrictions, and the association patch on the jersey.

DA is a pool and don't buy into the propaganda being said otherwise. There are more kids training together on a team than there are roster spots. Same as ECNL except I believe based on my own observations I have seen during practice, there are more kids in the DA pool than the make up of an average ECNL team.  This is why I think it hurts the team concept

For the kids playing high school soccer, DA maybe has less training (4+ days in DA vs. 5 days in HS plus Club) unless you add in the mental training that goes with DA.

Holy Jeez.

Speaking' of circles -- Now you're bringing 'er back to the ECNL vs DA debate (which btw, had zero to do with anything I or anyone else has mentioned in this thread)?  But, alrighty ...

Hard to tell Futbal given it's only been a few months, but I'll give it a 4th or 5th stab (getting tough to keep track).  I've always taken the common sense approach in simply recognizing that those players in the ECNL last year, are primarily now those playing in GDA ... so the players aren't much different yet.  Same for the coaches other than they are now using USSDA curriculum, philosophies and are training an extra day each week.  That ... and ... now we have weekly ReGen sessions, weekly film study, all matches are recorded and sent to us, the kids have daily physical/psychological testing, we have USYNT reps at our league matches, and we have 400+ college coaches and 45 USYNT staff attend our first Showcase ... We've even had a dozen or so college coaches attend our training sessions over the past couple months.  So ... just a few differences among others.  

It's clear from what you just wrote, that you're not "see"ing things very clearly, and there is very little chance that you have a kid participating.  I'd bet 1M pesos that you haven't even seen a training session ... which is great, but it's not cool to spread your BS to feed the common misconception out there.  And it's adorable that because you once had a kid in the ECNL, that you believe you're in a place to educate us and provide advice regarding GDA.  For all you know Sir, I am one of your kid's former coaches --

Again ... GDA teams do not train in, nor do they form match rosters from large pools of players.  Having a tough time figuring how your confusing it with ODP here.  And it would seem you would know this based on all of your GDA knowledge, but the roster sizes are smaller on average in GDA than in ECNL (so based on your stated philosophy, it in fact, doesn't hurt the "team concept").  

And since you have little to no basis, I hope that those reading this believe my contention that the club's/coach's emphasis on the 'W' is far less at this level than the emphasis on the development on talent individually.

Keep 'em coming Futbal if you are hungry for more.  If so, how 'bout we throw this convo over to PM, or maybe the DA category -- startin' to feel for these poor '09 parents.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/01/18, 06:54 pm

Big Ern wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:The '09s are a great bunch of kids and there are some really good future soccer stars in this group.  Hopefully the parents and continued consolidation of the clubs don't ruin them.  

consolidation = ruining kids? ... hmmm scratch

Honestly...this is where it all went wrong. Right here is when y’all should have stopped and taken the convo over to the DA section of the forum. You knew where this was headed. Now this thread has been hijacked by the 360 degrees of DA debate.

STHU....

Let’s just call it “Evolution”

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 26/01/18, 07:38 pm

The brainwashing should be moved to the U12 section where the Obama agenda has more space and trophies awarded for all players.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/01/18, 07:41 pm

I think it’s time to just settle as a guest

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverHome 27/01/18, 01:06 am

Wow, this thread took quite the turn. I guess ForReal was right. This thread proves I’m an idiot.

NeverHome
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 27/01/18, 08:44 am

I would like to apologize to the '09s for how my initial comment stirred up the craziness. You have a great group of kids and they are so much fun to watch.

From now on.. I will only mutter the DA or ECNL acronyms in the proper forum. Have a beautiful weekend on the pitch wherever you might be playing.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergodntx 27/01/18, 08:40 pm

So it looks like FC Dallas Extreme is playing in Prime Time tournament and beat Vasquez 4 to 1, and they don't want to be in the top Gold division? Maybe its his second division team? Vasquez is in the top Gold division? Xtreme also beat another team 6 to 1.

soccergodntx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next