North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DI Kick-off Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DI Kick-off

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DI Kick-off Empty DI Kick-off

Post by AgGermany 23/08/10, 12:53 pm

Since the rest of the divisions will not play for a couple more weeks... Everyone gets to look at the DI Start-up

Tonight

STING BLUE 95G v. D'FEETERS 95

Sting Blue, I see no recent results in Summer tournaments to follow up the great DII run. D'feeters tore up a '94 field to take the Dr Pepper Fair Play tourney in a warm-up. Feet should welcome Sting Blue to DI with a shut-out.

TFC '95 GIRLS v. DALLAS TEXANS 95G RED DALLAS

Texans, wow #3 in the Nation and looking to get even better gets TFC. TFC will also be welcomed to DI, and that means a potential hammering, I mean by goals and physical play. If the past tourney record is any indication they will have little chance of threatening the goal at all. (a pair of 0-0 draws v. DII Teams tells the story)

FC DALLAS 95G v. SOLAR 95 GIRLS

Solar, looking to improve their DI standing gets an FC Dallas side that was beaten by FC Dallas Red, a quality DII team, last time out. This should be the best of the 3 first matches.

Wednesday

STING 95G v. REVOLUTION PREMIER 95

National Champions get #5 in NTX, in all fairness and bragging about LHGCL, this should be tougher than a group match in in the Region III or Nationals.
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

DI Kick-off Empty Times for Games Tonight?

Post by Ferris 23/08/10, 06:29 pm

LHGCL site seems to be down. Anyone know game times and locations for tonight's games?
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

DI Kick-off Empty Re: DI Kick-off

Post by Guest 23/08/10, 06:35 pm

https://www.gotsport.com/(S(sq2yl255ezsw3vi3tuiapv45))/events/default.aspx?EventID=11320

Game Time Home Team Away Team Location
#689 6:45 PM STING BLUE 95G D'FEETERS 95 (PL) Chinn Chapel #1
#688 8:15 PM TFC '95 GIRLS DALLAS TEXANS 95G RED DALLAS (PL) UT Dallas #2
#687 8:30 PM FC DALLAS 95G (FORMER NTX UNITED '95) SOLAR 95 GIRLS (PL) Chinn Chapel #3

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 23/08/10, 09:57 pm

Feet 1, Sting Blue 0

FC Dallas 1, Solar 1 5 minutes to ply

update FCD 2 - Solar 1 minutes left

I still have my connections :-)

TRD 1, TFC 1

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThreeStripes 23/08/10, 10:14 pm

locomotion wrote:Feet 1, Sting Blue 0

FC Dallas 1, Solar 1 5 minutes to ply

update FCD 2 - Solar 1 minutes left

I still have my connections :-)

TRD 1, TFC 1

Wow, no hammering there. Welcome to D1 95 TFC.
ThreeStripes
ThreeStripes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 23/08/10, 10:17 pm

Looks like opening week is telling a tale of 2 leagues.

The one that Sting Dallas is in and the others ...

FCD over Solar 2-1, bet they weren't expecting that. Guess FCD Red must have something... Watch out DII
Feet squeaks one out over Sting Blue 1-0
and TFC holds TRD to 1-1

Can Rev take the Champs down a notch... probably not... Sorry Rev.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 23/08/10, 10:53 pm

who was the txns coach screaming at the end of the 95 game? Classy
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by maniac 23/08/10, 11:24 pm

AgGermany wrote:Since the rest of the divisions will not play for a couple more weeks... Everyone gets to look at the DI Start-up

Tonight

STING BLUE 95G v. D'FEETERS 95

Sting Blue, I see no recent results in Summer tournaments to follow up the great DII run. D'feeters tore up a '94 field to take the Dr Pepper Fair Play tourney in a warm-up. Feet should welcome Sting Blue to DI with a shut-out.

TFC '95 GIRLS v. DALLAS TEXANS 95G RED DALLAS

Texans, wow #3 in the Nation and looking to get even better gets TFC. TFC will also be welcomed to DI, and that means a potential hammering, I mean by goals and physical play. If the past tourney record is any indication they will have little chance of threatening the goal at all. (a pair of 0-0 draws v. DII Teams tells the story)

FC DALLAS 95G v. SOLAR 95 GIRLS

Solar, looking to improve their DI standing gets an FC Dallas side that was beaten by FC Dallas Red, a quality DII team, last time out. This should be the best of the 3 first matches.

Wednesday

STING 95G v. REVOLUTION PREMIER 95

National Champions get #5 in NTX, in all fairness and bragging about LHGCL, this should be tougher than a group match in in the Region III or Nationals.

AG Germany I wish I had seen your predictions before the games were played so I could have given my two cents. Obviously you do not know Texans History. They can drop a game to any team as easily as they can hammer them. Seems they neither hammered TFC physically or by goals.Solar is pretty much in the same boat who knows what they will do on any given day. Funny you should say Rev is probably better than most in Region III or Nationals. Lots of good teams in those leagues and Texans and Sting both had great runs. Most teams will never get the chance to play at the same level Texans and Sting just completed and with that said Rev never has been and is not currently in the same class. They lost a lot of good players recently and even with those players they were never as good as the top teams in Region III. They had 1 run of goodluck and then dropped off. I am willing to bet Texan, Sting and Feet are using LHGCL as a practice game for ECNL, Premier and Nationals. Much bigger fish to fry for them now then LHGCL. Everyone else is just glad to get to play them.

maniac
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 23/08/10, 11:30 pm

locomotion wrote:Looks like opening week is telling a tale of 2 leagues.

FCD over Solar 2-1, bet they weren't expecting that. Guess FCD Red must have something... Watch out DII
and TFC holds TRD to 1-1

Hey Loco... I don't understand your FCD Red comment....clarify please, you da man!!
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 23/08/10, 11:33 pm

Pitchmon wrote:

and TFC holds TRD to 1-1

Hey Loco... I don't understand your FCD Red comment....clarify please, you da man!!
FCD Red just beat FCD in a tourney semi-finals last weekend. To me that indicates that they got game, or FCD just laid down for them. Knowing FCD as I do, I'm sure that that was not the case.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 23/08/10, 11:46 pm

locomotion wrote:
Pitchmon wrote:

and TFC holds TRD to 1-1

FCD Red just beat FCD in a tourney semi-finals last weekend. To me that indicates that they got game, or FCD just laid down for them. Knowing FCD as I do, I'm sure that that was not the case.

Good point! I have seen them progress from Plano U12 to LHGCL DII. left a few track marks on the teams my DD was on. They do get stronger no doubt, we will see what it means this year I guess, but impressive so far!
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 24/08/10, 12:18 am

FCD over Solar 2-1, bet they weren't expecting that. Guess FCD Red must have something... Watch out DIIFeet squeaks one out over Sting Blue 1-0
and TFC holds TRD to 1-1

'Feet did pull out a squeaker, but it's still a win. Tough loss for Sting Blue.

FCD Red has a good team, but what happen last weekend has been over analyzed. No need to get into details, but it was just a bad game for FCD. The keeper on FCD Red was a standout that game. Good luck to FCD Red in DII.

Texans (3rd best in the country as Kenshi likes to note over and over....) seems to be picking up where they left off last Spring.

Good Job! TFC!

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 24/08/10, 07:51 am

Really unbelievable results! All 3 results!

Maniac, I do NOT know the history of Texans! TFC laid a pair of eggs against a pair of DIII promotion teams 2 weekends ago, and Texans are 3rd in the Nation. Let me also clarify what I meant in mentioning Rev, I meant that Sting had a pair of 7-0 wins at Nationals and they will not put 7 on Rev in league play... It was a brag on the strength of the League, not Rev.

Based on my prediction it will be Sting 8-0 over Rev! confused
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 24/08/10, 09:32 am

Pitchmon wrote:

and TFC holds TRD to 1-1

DON'T TELL HIM THAT!!!
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 24/08/10, 10:38 am

THANK YOU SIR ... may I have another?

TFC was very well organized (good shape and hustle) and coached (great clock management as well). Their girls played "good soccer" and held on for the tie. Ultimately they capitalized on a foul in the box.

Texans dominated but simply could not finish.

Very nice start for the bottom half of LHD1.

SIDE NOTE: SOLAR RED 94 (National Champs July 2010) tied Texans Red North 94 1-1 last night as well.

Solar, Texans, and Feet practiced and played well into the end of July and then took a rest for only a couple weeks ... one has to wonder if the summer schedule is coming home to roost a bit ... well except for Sting.

I know Solar is pretty banged up.

Last edited by Kenshi Dave on 24/08/10, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 24/08/10, 10:45 am

Just a couple of quick points. Sting Blue is a good team and was promoted to D1 because they earned it. Every game in D1 is competitive as it should be and last night wasn't any different. Sting Blue plays very well on the defensive side of the ball and disrupted many of the attacks that Feet were throwing at them and their keeper had a good game. The bottom line is that the team that had most shots and shots on goal won the game. Welcome to D1 Sting Blue. I would be interested in someone posting some info on the Texans/TFC match. I watched the first half of the Solar/FCD game and when I left it was tied up at 1-1. FCD fka NTXUnited appeared to match up well with Solar and when I left I thought it was a evenly matched game. Solar looked to have had more chances in the first half but were only able to register 1 goal. I dont know what happened in the second half. Ahh, thanks Kenshi.
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

DI Kick-off Empty Answer to Broke

Post by Kenshi Dave 24/08/10, 10:48 am

THANK YOU SIR ... may I have another?

TFC was very well organized (good shape and hustle) and coached (great clock management as well). Their girls played "good soccer" and held on for the tie. Ultimately they capitalized on a foul in the box.

SIDE NOTE: SOLAR RED 94 (National Champs July 2010) tied Texans Red North 94 1-1 last night as well.

Solar, Texans, and Feet practiced and played well into the end of July and then took a rest for only a couple weeks ... one has to wonder if the summer schedule is coming home to roost a bit ... well except for Sting.

Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 24/08/10, 11:09 am

Kenshi Dave wrote:THANK YOU SIR ... may I have another?

You had me going until you went back to add this. You are a funny guy! Laughing

And I know Solar is not banged up.

Last edited by RAYADOS04 on 24/08/10, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 24/08/10, 11:28 am

brokedawg wrote:Just a couple of quick points. Sting Blue is a good team and was promoted to D1 because they earned it. Every game in D1 is competitive as it should be and last night wasn't any different. Sting Blue plays very well on the defensive side of the ball and disrupted many of the attacks that Feet were throwing at them and their keeper had a good game. The bottom line is that the team that had most shots and shots on goal won the game. Welcome to D1 Sting Blue. I would be interested in someone posting some info on the Texans/TFC match. I watched the first half of the Solar/FCD game and when I left it was tied up at 1-1. FCD fka NTXUnited appeared to match up well with Solar and when I left I thought it was a evenly matched game. Solar looked to have had more chances in the first half but were only able to register 1 goal. I dont know what happened in the second half. Ahh, thanks Kenshi.

Good assesment and I agree with you. As for the FCD - Solar game, both teams had plenty of chances in the first half. In the second half FCD had the upper hand, and the team that had the most shots on goal won the game. Although that doesn't always happen. Smile

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 24/08/10, 11:41 am

DrSoccer wrote:who was the txns coach screaming at the end of the 95 game? Classy

easy there skippy. most coaches who feel they got screwed usually like to "have a word" with the ref. And...he didnt hang around very long and chew on them. Just said what he had to say and moved on. (at least the opposing coach hasnt mention the back-side of an opposing coach before...right....cuz THATS classy...i was there for that one, so go easy on the dart throwing)

I think you would have to agree that the major take down in the box that would have gone FOR TRD in the last 5 minutes of the game, which mirrored the call that had been given to TFC earlier in the second half resulting in their goal, should have been called. OR...what about the 2nd yellow on the player that would have been a red, but the same ref put the card back in his pocket once he saw the player's number??? What...he didnt want her out of the game?

Well...on the takedown in the last 5 minutes for TRD....the ref saw the foul...you know how I know....becuase he gave the "play-on" sign. In ref language, that means I see it and recognize the foul, but I am not going to call it. That is crap. I wasnt happy, but I stayed calm. It kept me up til 1am last night, but I stayed calm. :-)

no sour grapes here....TFC did what they had to....just giving you a little bit of justification for an upset coach that I believe had a couple more bullets in his gun that he didnt load on poor reffing. I mean..its REALLY not that hard, but some dingbats make it look like rocket science. ITS OBJECTIVE....keep it that way.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 24/08/10, 01:16 pm

The TEAMS do what they have to do, the referees are there to enforce the Law of the Game and should NEVER want or not want to give a card of a called based on something other than what they saw or the assistant helped them see. A reach for a card and then a realization of it being a second is flat wrong (i didn't see but can surely believe it), they are not supposed to care except anything about fair play and doing their job (call the fouls and give the cards per the Laws).
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 24/08/10, 06:27 pm

I just caught the last 10 mins of the game as I was leaving our fields and heard the txn coach yelling accross the field so I stopped. I thought it was a D2 game at first with a lot of long balls. The coach was whinning to the ref constantly while his team banged long balls down the field and sprinted after them. The goalie just picked the long balls up. On that 'non-call' The txn fwd was wrecklessly flying downfield and collided with the other player, so a non call for sure, i didn't even consider it controversial from a neutral observer. but w/e it was just the first game of Lh, not the nat.championship.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 24/08/10, 06:46 pm

"Wrecklessly?" I take it the Dr. in your name is an honorary degree, and not earned by actual college attendance.

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 25/08/10, 07:48 am

haha no doubt about that. It's just an honorary degree that was bestowed upon me for watching so much youth soccer over the years. If some of these guys can call themselves coaches then I can be a Dr. Laughing I guess I could have said aimlessly or some other word that indicates that contact may have been initiated by the attacker.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

DI Kick-off Empty PK not called--Texans vs. TFC

Post by dumbdad9596 25/08/10, 12:54 pm

I will give it that the refs do their best and that over a season bad calls even out.

The problem was the ref totally let the consequences of a call control his calls. In the first half he gave a yellow card to a TFC player for sticking her leg out to block a free kick while standing 2 yards from the ball. The same player a few minutes later committed a hard foul and the ref went to his pocket to pull the card. He then recognized the player and put the card back in his pocket. The hard foul either deserved a card or did not. It does not matter that the card was going to have to be a red and not a yellow.

He let the consequences of the game control his calls at the end of the game, too. It was tied 1-1 and TFC had put up a great fight. The ref knew it was a foul but decided that he could not give a PK to decide the game in the final 2 minutes and so he made the play on move. (The ref had earlier missed another takedown of the same player in the box.)

The refs job is to make the best calls he or she can. Yes they will miss calls as this ref did with the earlier takedown in the box, but a LHGCL ref's job is not to be an NBA style ref where the situation and the player's number of fouls control the whistle.

dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next