North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Team Bye vs Club Bye

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 5 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by jogobonito06 13/07/18, 06:09 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
Lefty wrote:What % cheaper are these smaller clubs?
25%
50%

Do they tier the coaching cost by league division or do they just offer a relatively small discount due to lack of brand name and facilities?

I know of a couple that are between 25-50% cheaper, and they practice at facilities just as nice as some of the biggers. The only difference is that they have to share with other teams. I don’t think they tier based on the level.

Please do the soccer world a favor and name names
Thanks

jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 13/07/18, 11:01 pm

You want names, how about what Prosper is doing? How about that? 1/3 the cost of the big names with quality fields and perhaps better coaching.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 14/07/18, 12:30 am

How about McKinney United or Infinity FC? Both practice at good facilities and have great coaching at 1/2 the cost. These are just 2 of the multiple choices out there.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/07/18, 03:04 am

Yes, but does that fee also cover your orange slices at half time of games.

I am pretty sure those coaches are doing a wonderful job working with those kids in developing them in the game of soccer. Providing also a place for those kids to compete and enjoy the game.

Their is definitely a market to provide fun less competitive soccer for those parents and their players a place to play if they choose so.

If this is what you choose for your DD the price seems to fit the product. That definitely is a wonderful thing for the parents pocket book.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/07/18, 10:31 am

5050Ball wrote:Big, bad meanies!  This forum will always provide laughs on a slow Friday afternoon.

Have had 4 dd's play with 6 different clubs and 11 head coaches.  Trained with countless others over the years.  

Apparently, NTX club soccer is infested with incompetent, money-grubbing, unethical coaches at every turn.  

I'm still trying to figure out how we missed playing for one of them..... scratch

"Finally.  Somebody said it."

- Bob Sugar

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/07/18, 10:40 am

brazos wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:I know it’s not as fun to post “watching Little Susie at her (insert small club name) game” as it is to post “watching Little Susie at her FCD or Solar game” on social media, but it is a lot more fun watching your dd actually get better on the field with the bonus of having little bit of extra bread in the wallet.

The one consistent message you will see on this site is to find a place where your DD is happy and you see (with the right perspective) that she is being challenged and improving. It doesn't matter the name on the jersey or the league she plays in.  

There is no one high level of soccer in the U.S. at this time. MLS, NWSL, College? The top kids have not all gone to DA, ECNL or any one specific place. There is no consolidation of talent. There are exceptional players at each and every level in North Texas. Imagine if you could truly pool those players into one club/team. But I don't see any reason for them to make that jump at this time. Soccer is a minor sport in this country.

The end goal for many of these kids is to continue playing past High School into college and you have another large contingent that just want to play competitive soccer and have fun. You do not have to play on a DA or ECNL team to meet those goals. It all comes back to what is and should continue to be #1 priority...academics! As the college commercial says, these kids are going professional in something other than their sport.

Well said brazos and absolutely agreed on most of this --

But surely you don't really contend that there is no consolidation of talent in NTX.  

Sure, there are exceptional players here and there ... But nobody being honest with themselves can really deny that the highest concentration of elite players aren't playing on ECNL and GDA teams here, and that the most prominent path for those with a goal to play college soccer are via those platforms -- Can they?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 14/07/18, 12:41 pm

I hadn’t read this thread, but it caught my eye. I posted this on another thread, but back when ECNL started here, I asked if all the 5 big clubs would allow the bye to pass...then LH would promote the next team on up and accept 5 new in the QT with no relegation. We were set to be promoted into LHD2 if the byes passed and would stay in D3 if not. I was told that was stupid...why would clubs care about an LH spot when they were pushing to bigger,better things...

Well, I didn’t press it a lot because I do know that some people were watching...the next year, 4 of 5 kept the “club” bye (Feet didn’t have a team for it if I remember)...and since then it is. Oral course to promote down the line.

There are advantages and disadvantages. One major advantage a couple of borderline PPL/LH teams BOTH got was that it took a top team OUT of ge QT and gave them a spot...that meant that BOTH teams had a better shot at LH...and thus higher level competition, and often training with a coach or a sister team who was accustomed to that level of play. That was the major benefit. My dd finished in PL and LHD1 for her last years. Played high competition and finished near the top consistently. (Solar Gold Alan Smith ‘00/99 to name names)...good coach and cares about the kids btw.

Since that time it has changed some. My middle child is a boy who plays independent...for a great coach...at marginal cost (approx. 1/3) or less than big club. They play D2 and play a pretty decent split with the top D1 teams (check Azzurri 03 and Al Beaney for proof).

My youngest is WORKING to qualify this year.

My scattershot point is that you can have a great experience no matter which path you take.

My oldest daughter decided NOT to play in college...as did almost her whole team. A few are going to play, but most are just ready to be a kid. Some of the material I have read shows that almost half of freshmen quit after their first year anyway. Then lose their scholarships... Don’t worry so much about it. I can’t tell you how many REALLY good players quit in their junior/senior years...and the parents have a harder adjustment than the girls.

Just love the kids. This stuff is fun and a way to connect, but it isn’t everything. I had more fun on vacation this year than any other because I wasn’t worried about leagues, teams, etc.

That said, we are cruising back from vacations n today so my little can play tomorrow Smile. It is still important, it just isn’t everything.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tewinn23 19/07/18, 09:30 am

I wonder why they don't update the bye list? That list is in fact old. I know there was movement in 05 girls D1. I am the coach for Sparta FC 05 girls and have reached out about an update got no response. I know some of the DT teams have moved in around in the 05 girls and one team got in to D3 already without having to go into qualifying tournament. Seems kind of unfair but they are pretty good and should get in anyway. Just stinks as we are trying out will be looking to earn our spot.

I do agree some of the smaller clubs are doing great things look at our Sparta 02 elite team playing in the Nationals next week. All of our girls teams are doing good things. Proud of our small club! You don't always have to spend the big bucks to join a good club. Very Happy
tewinn23
tewinn23
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 10:38 am

Good job coach! Keep up the good work!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 19/07/18, 10:56 am

Big Ern wrote:
brazos wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:I know it’s not as fun to post “watching Little Susie at her (insert small club name) game” as it is to post “watching Little Susie at her FCD or Solar game” on social media, but it is a lot more fun watching your dd actually get better on the field with the bonus of having little bit of extra bread in the wallet.

The one consistent message you will see on this site is to find a place where your DD is happy and you see (with the right perspective) that she is being challenged and improving. It doesn't matter the name on the jersey or the league she plays in.  

There is no one high level of soccer in the U.S. at this time. MLS, NWSL, College? The top kids have not all gone to DA, ECNL or any one specific place. There is no consolidation of talent. There are exceptional players at each and every level in North Texas. Imagine if you could truly pool those players into one club/team. But I don't see any reason for them to make that jump at this time. Soccer is a minor sport in this country.

The end goal for many of these kids is to continue playing past High School into college and you have another large contingent that just want to play competitive soccer and have fun. You do not have to play on a DA or ECNL team to meet those goals. It all comes back to what is and should continue to be #1 priority...academics! As the college commercial says, these kids are going professional in something other than their sport.

But surely you don't really contend that there is no consolidation of talent in NTX.  

Sure, there are exceptional players here and there ... But nobody being honest with themselves can really deny that the highest concentration of elite players aren't playing on ECNL and GDA teams here, and that the most prominent path for those with a goal to play college soccer are via those platforms -- Can they?

We are going to have to agree to disagree on the consolidation of talent. There are plenty of options outside of GDA and ECNL for kids to reach their goals and play competitive soccer. That is a good thing for all involved in my opinion.

I do want to hit the "like" button on Dadof3's post above.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 19/07/18, 11:21 am

The DA/ECNL TEAMS have a high concentration of talent on each squad but I don't necessarily agree that DA/ECNL as programs have all the talent. There are soccer phenoms all over NTX that are not playing DA/ECNL.

The DA/ECNL teams might be better than many of the LH/APL/PPL/PT/U90 teams, but there will be players all over these leagues that are better than their counterpart playing on the DA/ECNL team that beat her team.

The saying that players get better by playing with better players in not necessarily true if you have the right coach. A phenom is a phenom no matter where they play. Same holds true with the over achiever.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/07/18, 01:17 pm

brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
brazos wrote:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on the consolidation of talent.  There are plenty of options outside of GDA and ECNL for kids to reach their goals and play competitive soccer.  That is a good thing for all involved in my opinion.

Hmmm ... Ok brazos --

So you've either decided to not be honest with yourself, or you just choose to be oblivious (which is ok Wink ), when you say that there is zero difference in the level of talent between the ECNL/DA squads and the rest?  Not an iota of consolidation of talent then, huh?  

... That is one curious contention isn't it?    

Certainly a good thing that there are indeed options to reach goals, and as I mentioned (and is common sense really), there are exceptional players here and there outside of ENCL/DA, but I cannot agree to disagree on the 'consolidation'.  Saying that, "the highest concentration of elite players aren't playing on ECNL and GDA teams here, and that the most prominent path for those with a goal to play college soccer are via those platforms", is as close to fact as they come.

Good day Sir!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75070 19/07/18, 01:42 pm

If you think McKinney United has great coaching you are either a family member of the coaches, a parent whose daughter is tight with the 2 coaches' daughters, or have never had a child on a team with a real coach.

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:How about McKinney United or Infinity FC? Both practice at good facilities and have great coaching at 1/2 the cost. These are just 2 of the multiple choices out there.

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 19/07/18, 02:07 pm

Big Ern wrote:
brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
brazos wrote:

We are going to have to agree to disagree on the consolidation of talent.  There are plenty of options outside of GDA and ECNL for kids to reach their goals and play competitive soccer.  That is a good thing for all involved in my opinion.

Hmmm ... Ok brazos --

So you've either decided to not be honest with yourself, or you just choose to be oblivious (which is ok Wink ), when you say that there is zero difference in the level of talent between the ECNL/DA squads and the rest?  Not an iota of consolidation of talent then, huh?  

Certainly a good thing that there are indeed options to reach goals, and as I mentioned (and is common sense really), there are exceptional players here and there outside of ENCL/DA, but I cannot agree to disagree on the 'consolidation'.  Saying that, "the highest concentration of elite players aren't playing on ECNL and GDA teams here, and that the most prominent path for those with a goal to play college soccer are via those platforms", is as close to fact as they come.

Good day Sir!

What do we have - 3 DA teams in NTX and 5 ECNL at a given age group? 88 starters? You telling me you have the top 88 players at every position in the entire metropolitan area playing on these teams? Then you have another 70-90 subs that are the top players battling for play time?

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 02:16 pm

The real question will be how weak LH will be dangling that fools gold. Paying club fees for recreational services.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 19/07/18, 02:30 pm

Ahhh geez brazos, you pulled bigclubego out. The easier answer is adding da diluted the top talent even more not to mention all the new "development" leagues bigego pushes. The whole system has been diluted in ntx. But no worries, biometrics and hutl filming will spot all new talent, if the parents would just shut up and pay for it. Right bigego.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 02:39 pm

Big Business touts ownership of the system but if you look at the weight from start to finish you see the metrics change its top heavy from the bottom up. This is evidence of what happens from burnout and a system that is failing and kids fading away or falling out. That ownership pie decreases every year. That another part of recreational that is dying not o Ky on the front end form destruction but on the backend.

Last edited by SoccerSuckers on 19/07/18, 02:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/07/18, 02:39 pm

brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
brazos wrote:

Hmmm ... Ok brazos --

Good day Sir!

What do we have - 3 DA teams in NTX and 5 ECNL at a given age group?  88 starters?  You telling me you have the top 88 players at every position in the entire metropolitan area playing on these teams?  Then you have another 70-90 subs that are the top players battling for play time?  

Uhhh ... no Sir.

It seems you may not be aware of the definition of the words 'no' (zero in this case), or 'consolidation'.  

That being said, it's really not worth arguing that the majority (where the term 'consolidation' comes in here) of the stronger talent in NTX are rostered on those teams ... ~840 kids, right?  So those numbers come from only ~42 teams (approx combined number of ECNL/GDA teams here in NTX) which I believe only represent ~ 8% of the kids and teams playing competitively at U13-U18 here in NTX ...

So.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 02:42 pm

At the end it's a failed system this league and is real evidence of the decline of soccer in real facts.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Treinador3 19/07/18, 02:50 pm

Brazos' kid is one of the top in NTX. ALL the rest are on ECNL and DA.

Phew. Glad that's settled.

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/07/18, 02:50 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:At the end it's a failed system this league and is real evidence of the decline of soccer in real facts.

^ Ho ... Lee ... Cow   Neutral drunken pale

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 19/07/18, 02:52 pm

You people realise this all leads nowhere? At best you get to play in the MLS which is a joke.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 02:56 pm

Do we have a parrot in the room? Sucker soccer has had to much Meth Man! ????

Last edited by Zizou on 19/07/18, 02:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 19/07/18, 02:57 pm

No but we do have plenty of morons

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 02:59 pm

Damn, join the crowd.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 03:00 pm

What Zizou is really trying to communicate is the dropout rate is 70 percent.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next