North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Schedules are Posted - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LHGCL Schedules are Posted

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LHGCL Schedules are Posted - Page 2 Empty Re: LHGCL Schedules are Posted

Post by skippy 31/08/10, 03:44 pm

Why do the 95 DIII teams only get 9 games in the fall when all the other high school age teams (including other DIII age groups) get about 12 games? Am I reading something on the schedules wrong?

skippy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 31/08/10, 03:53 pm

skippy wrote:Why do the 95 DIII teams only get 9 games in the fall when all the other high school age teams (including other DIII age groups) get about 12 games? Am I reading something on the schedules wrong?

You only have 8 teams which means 14 games. If you played 12 games in the fall that would only leave 2 for the Spring.

Even though DII plays 12 games in the fall that still leaves 6 for the spring because of the 10 teams.

The 95's are special this year.
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 31/08/10, 04:16 pm

justfurkicks wrote:

That's what my kid tells me at least once a day!
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 31/08/10, 06:13 pm

texflats wrote:
justfurkicks wrote:

That's what my kid tells me at least once a day!

BOTH MY DD'S JUST SAY: WE ARE A HOT MESS!!!
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Schedules are Posted - Page 2 Empty LHGCL

Post by dumbdad9596 31/08/10, 07:38 pm

The argument for the ECNL teams playing LHGCL is our local league generally gives ECNL teams some top flight competition with no travel. Playing a regional ECNL league and a regional Premier League is probably just too much travel for HIGH SCHOOL girls and their families to absorb. I tend to believe that common sense (even if that is rare amongst of soccer parents) will help us out in creating local league play. Local competition could still be under the ECNL umbrella, but deserting the competition that the non ECNL teams such as Rev bring to D1 for even the Sting 95s of the world seems idiotic.

dumbdad9596
dumbdad9596
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 31/08/10, 09:05 pm

This is not about competition... it is about Elite Clubs, revenue and power. Ok... it is what it is...
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 31/08/10, 10:58 pm

If indeed 5 leave then I would be disappointed if clubs kept the bye, it is turning the league into a mess. But that is a seperate point

This is uncharted waters, but it may be best to shuffle the whole deck and do a QT for all of the 95's to get it realigned....just sayin...
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 01/09/10, 07:48 am

Wow,yesterday we were playing at UTD and this morning we are playing at Railroad...
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 01/09/10, 08:46 am

dumbdad9596 wrote:The argument for the ECNL teams playing LHGCL is our local league generally gives ECNL teams some top flight competition with no travel. Playing a regional ECNL league and a regional Premier League is probably just too much travel for HIGH SCHOOL girls and their families to absorb. I tend to believe that common sense (even if that is rare amongst of soccer parents) will help us out in creating local league play. Local competition could still be under the ECNL umbrella, but deserting the competition that the non ECNL teams such as Rev bring to D1 for even the Sting 95s of the world seems idiotic.

ECNL teams will only be playing ECNL (not a regional Premier league...this is prohibited). But we are allowed to play LHGCL. The game load for the ECNL teams will be reduced next year (no Premier league, no State Cup, no Regionals or Nationals) so continuing to play LHGCL makes sense to me. I agree it would be silly to not take advantage of solid local competition (even moreso for the 96s as they probably have more parity deeper into the rankings).

There would be problems in trying to facilitate local play under the ECNL umbrella (if you are suggesting this could be done thru LHGCL). The key problem would deal with roster/substitution rules which differ between the 2 leagues.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 01/09/10, 08:51 am

socrocks wrote:
dumbdad9596 wrote:The argument for the ECNL teams playing LHGCL is our local league generally gives ECNL teams some top flight competition with no travel. Playing a regional ECNL league and a regional Premier League is probably just too much travel for HIGH SCHOOL girls and their families to absorb. I tend to believe that common sense (even if that is rare amongst of soccer parents) will help us out in creating local league play. Local competition could still be under the ECNL umbrella, but deserting the competition that the non ECNL teams such as Rev bring to D1 for even the Sting 95s of the world seems idiotic.

ECNL teams will only be playing ECNL (not a regional Premier league...this is prohibited). But we are allowed to play LHGCL. The game load for the ECNL teams will be reduced next year (no Premier league, no State Cup, no Regionals or Nationals) so continuing to play LHGCL makes sense to me. I agree it would be silly to not take advantage of solid local competition (even moreso for the 96s as they probably have more parity deeper into the rankings).

There would be problems in trying to facilitate local play under the ECNL umbrella (if you are suggesting this could be done thru LHGCL). The key problem would deal with roster/substitution rules which differ between the 2 leagues.

Wouldn't it be just as silly to not take advantage of solid regional competition?

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 01/09/10, 09:15 am

Gunners, I'm not sure what you mean. If you're referring to the current Premier League...ECNL teams are prohibited from playing Premier League (after this year) whereas they're not prohibited from playing LHGCL. I also think there are some serious questions about the quality of teams in Premier League...just take a look at the scores thus far (specifically the 96s: 12-0, 9-0, 7-0, 5-1). Outside of NTX, there are 2 teams that are legitimate contenders to win PL (96s). The real meat of the schedule is NTX teams...and I can confidently say that the next 4 LHGCL teams are superior to the "fill-in" teams from OK and STX.

ECNL is already making a move towards a more regionally oriented schedule (sort of the quality Regional competition you speak of). This year we will play 4 regional ECNL games in addition to the normal travel schedule. 96 Feet will play Sting, FC Dallas, Lonestars and Challenge. I expect that regional schedule will expand in coming years.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 01/09/10, 10:32 am

brokedawg wrote:Wow,yesterday we were playing at UTD and this morning we are playing at Railroad...

As of 9:00 am, GLASA shows fields at RR as being closed. I guess the landfill finally erupted.

http://www.glasasoccer.org/
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justadad 01/09/10, 10:53 am

I can not help but ask,
1) Will the teams in DIII be refunded some of their league fee since they are not getting as many games as DI or DII?

2) Will the teams in DII be forced to pay additional because they have more games than DI and DIII?

Based upon what I have seen here it seems, the DII/DIII issue revolved around Solar Blue and FWFC. Who is in DII and who is in DIII?

3) How hard would it have been for LH to admit they screwed up fix the problem instead of this solution and creating even more problems down the road?

justadad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 01/09/10, 10:56 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
brokedawg wrote:Wow,yesterday we were playing at UTD and this morning we are playing at Railroad...

As of 9:00 am, GLASA shows fields at RR as being closed. I guess the landfill finally erupted.

Oh great, this is interesting...
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 01/09/10, 11:14 am

justadad wrote:I can not help but ask,
1) Will the teams in DIII be refunded some of their league fee since they are not getting as many games as DI or DII?

2) Will the teams in DII be forced to pay additional because they have more games than DI and DIII?

Based upon what I have seen here it seems, the DII/DIII issue revolved around Solar Blue and FWFC. Who is in DII and who is in DIII?

3) How hard would it have been for LH to admit they screwed up fix the problem instead of this solution and creating even more problems down the road?

1 - No
2 - a. No b. Both are D2.
3 - Impossible.
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 01/09/10, 11:54 am

justadad wrote:I can not help but ask,

DIII will have the same number of games as DI.

DIII will have fewer referees to pay and DII will have to pay more referees.

justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 01/09/10, 12:34 pm

JAD, your goal should be getting to DII next year on the merit of your play over 14 matches, 2 will be promoted next year... just think you will have 2 less round trips on Saturday to contend with this year!

This was weird year and weird off season, you could have been on Solar Red or White who saw their teams fall apart, those girls had to get out there and make other teams (sure it may be good for them in the long run)...

Sure LHGCL made some errors, but they fixed it reasonably, with DIII have 2 few games each, DII has 2 more each... and as stated DI and DIII play equal number of matches.

Last edited by AgGermany on 01/09/10, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 01/09/10, 12:39 pm

1 - No
2 - a. No b. Both are D2.
3 - Impossible.[/quote]

Thanks, Tex. That's the best avatar I've seen in a while.
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 01/09/10, 12:52 pm

AgGermany wrote:This is not about competition... it is about Elite Clubs, revenue and power. Ok... it is what it is...

sorry....gotta disagree with you.

There is a competitive bone in most of us, and it was with that bone tha this league was generated. But lets face it...there are some club names that you and I could spout that wont sniff the ENCL, and its becuase they wont ever field a team higher than Arlington, Plano, or DIII. Would they be competitive in an ECNL? No...so why invite?

Power and revenue are both by-products of competition, and I am not naive to think that chest-thumping isnt a part of this...."ours is better than yours". But from everything I have seen as an outsider to this point, this league was formed in order to specifically pit top caliber clubs, who were assumed to traditionally put top-end talent on the pitch year after year, age group after age group, against each other all year all over the country. Its been about increasing the exposure and competition level, and from what I have seen in my short time in paying attention to it....its helping to make it a NATIONAL game rather than a local one.

So, I think your statement might have been just a tad...either short-sighted, or self-serving. No personal bone with you, just a differing of opinion here.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 01/09/10, 01:07 pm

gdubya wrote:Thanks, Tex. That's the best avatar I've seen in a while.

I THINK I LOVER HER!
Sorry! Was I screaming?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 01/09/10, 01:52 pm

BigBoy wrote:

There is a competitive bone in most of us, and it was with that bone tha this league was generated. But lets face it...there are some club names that you and I could spout that wont sniff the ENCL, and its becuase they wont ever field a team higher than Arlington, Plano, or DIII. Would they be competitive in an ECNL? No...so why invite?

Power and revenue are both by-products of competition, and I am not naive to think that chest-thumping isnt a part of this...."ours is better than yours". But from everything I have seen as an outsider to this point, this league was formed in order to specifically pit top caliber clubs, who were assumed to traditionally put top-end talent on the pitch year after year, age group after age group, against each other all year all over the country. Its been about increasing the exposure and competition level, and from what I have seen in my short time in paying attention to it....its helping to make it a NATIONAL game rather than a local one.

So, I think your statement might have been just a tad...either short-sighted, or self-serving. No personal bone with you, just a differing of opinion here.

Dude....
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 01/09/10, 01:59 pm

brokedawg wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Oh great, this is interesting...
They show open now.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 01/09/10, 02:00 pm

gdubya wrote:
BigBoy wrote:

Dude....

G-dub....only you. HAHAHA!
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 01/09/10, 02:30 pm

gdubya wrote:
Thanks, Tex. That's the best avatar I've seen in a while.

Heh, Heh. Thanks Dub!
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 01/09/10, 05:25 pm

Big Girl... Sorry Big Boy, disagreement is fine with me, but it is not always about lifting the biggest cup, I mean trophy.

Do the Top 4 95 Teams not get top competition as it is? Don't you get the chance to compete in Top Tournaments?

PL is really no better than Top 6 DI is it? Why the exclusive league IF it keeps you from comparable local competition? Solar and Texans proved they are vulnerable to bottom 4 DI locally (not really reading too much into that)

Don't you end up playing teams 300 miles away that are bottom half DI caliber next door?

And, currently they are 15 yrs old and in school. I am all for competition too, but it seems like if you are good enough you get it anyway…

These are really big issues, so don’t go waiving your flag, everyone can see them anyway! So whether you are LOOKING at the Top half or Bottom half it is always the perspective isn't it?
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 01/09/10, 05:31 pm

AgGermany wrote:
These are really big issues, so don’t go waiving your flag, everyone can see them anyway! So whether you are LOOKING at the Top half or Bottom half it is always the perspective isn't it?

Ha! lol!
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next