North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

2019-2020 DA and ECNL Teams Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

2019-2020 DA and ECNL Teams

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2019-2020 DA and ECNL Teams Empty 2019-2020 DA and ECNL Teams

Post by Offsidepacman 04/09/19, 04:30 pm

Major wow factor, imo.

Solar left Missimo and Byars in u17 AND added Shaw from FCD (previously Solar).

Are they trying to score 200 goals in a season?

What's the development angle to keep 3 major players in a league they already dominated?

Positive note, very interested in Missimo and Byars convincing Shaw to go to Texas instead of UNC! Smile

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

2019-2020 DA and ECNL Teams Empty Re: 2019-2020 DA and ECNL Teams

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 04/09/19, 09:25 pm

Offsidepacman wrote:Major wow factor, imo.

What's the development angle to keep 3 major players in a league they already dominated?

Positive note, very interested in Missimo and Byars convincing Shaw to go to Texas instead of UNC! Smile

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/09/19, 11:44 am

Major wow factor, imo.   Agreed offside ... Definitely a Shocked

Solar left Missimo and Byars in u17 AND added Shaw from FCD (previously Solar).   Many more to add to "previously" ... she had a changing room in the backseat at U10 and under.

Are they trying to score 200 goals in a season?   Yes.

What's the development angle to keep 3 major players in a league they already dominated?  Zip.  I have love for many over at Solar but this is a lil' silly.  Like it or not (regardless of tremendous success in some groups), in my opinion, the Solar folks still have a bit of an inferiority complex due to lack of quality facilities and resources that a certain other club possesses.  My guess is that this was just to stick it to them (they've shown they'll take any player from the top ranks over there, regardless of fit) and to ensure another national title ... although they could've easily repeated without J in my opinion.  

Positive note, very interested in Missimo and Byars convincing Shaw to go to Texas instead of UNC! Smile   Speaking of Shocked  ... I'd be surprised if J ever actually attends UNC Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 05/09/19, 12:18 pm

Strong opinions Big E, but that’s exactly what they are.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/09/19, 12:25 pm

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:Strong opinions Big E, but that’s exactly what they are.

Could this ^ post have been any less unproductive or stating of the obvious?  

Given that you actually took the time to write this in response to my post, surely, chipzy, you have something to add ... ?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 05/09/19, 12:45 pm

Given their apparent international ambitions, I don't understand why those 3 would want to play U17 again. They are way too good for it (and I am certain US Soccer would agree).
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 05/09/19, 12:47 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Given that you actually took the time to write this in response to my post, surely, chipzy, you have something to add ... ?

Since we are dialogue’n,
How many of these “posts” are unproductive or stating of the obvious or even repetitive? So your response to my post is just as redundant as mine. We both have time obviously.
I was just trying to process the whole “we will take FCD’s premier player because we don’t have facilities or revenue like theirs” speculation. Maybe it isn’t speculation, maybe you know better than most being you’ve coached with, against, and are acquainted with many of Solar’s brass. So I guess what I was trying to do is entice you to support your opinions with some facts that you may have been concealing. :😉:

Let’s get some good dialogue’n in before Foxy comes twerking on the thread.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 05/09/19, 01:29 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Solar left Missimo and Byars in u17 AND added Shaw from FCD (previously Solar).   Many more to add to "previously" ... she had a changing room in the backseat at U10 and under.

What's the development angle to keep 3 major players in a league they already dominated?  Zip.  I have love for many over at Solar but this is a lil' silly.  Like it or not (regardless of tremendous success in some groups), in my opinion, the Solar folks still have a bit of an inferiority complex due to lack of quality facilities and resources that a certain other club possesses.  My guess is that this was just to stick it to them (they've shown they'll take any player from the top ranks over there, regardless of fit) and to ensure another national title ... although they could've easily repeated without J in my opinion.  

Positive note, very interested in Missimo and Byars convincing Shaw to go to Texas instead of UNC! Smile   Speaking of Shocked  ... I'd be surprised if J ever actually attends UNC Wink

I don't think you can read any sort of deeper meaning into this from the perspective of why Solar recruited JS other than if any club has the opportunity to bring in a special player then you do it, regardless of any perceived "fit."
If JS doesn't fit into your system, there is a problem with your system.

On a side note, it is starting to seem that the net influx of elite players for FCD is stagnant of late. It used to be they were the ones pulling in a couple of studs every year in every age group.

Don't get me wrong. Almost every single FCD GDA team in every single age group is really good and a natty contender if things break right, but are any teams better now than they were a few months ago? Solar can probably answer "yes" for most of their teams.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 05/09/19, 01:35 pm

Positive note, very interested in Missimo and Byars convincing Shaw to go to Texas instead of UNC! Smile   [color=#ff6600]Speaking of Shocked  ... I'd be surprised if J ever actually attends UNC[/color] Wink[/quote]

you may be right but why, to chase the big NWSL 30K a year?  Or does PSG pay more?  College is a great route for girls to get more games and something to do in-between national team camps.  Then join USWNT senior team roster and guaranteed bigger payouts.  

To be sure, she will probably be the best girl to ever come out of NTX and expect to see her on the senior WC team one day.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/09/19, 04:39 pm

Truthiness wrote:

Given their apparent international ambitions, I don't understand why those 3 would want to play U17 again. They are way too good for it (and I am certain US Soccer would agree).  

Understood truhi, but in my opinion (and that of many others) the U17 (and maybe even the U16) level this year is stronger than that of the U18/19 ... and by that I mean that the top U17 (and maybe even top U16) teams would defeat the top U18/19 GDA squads if lined up head to head.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/09/19, 04:48 pm

Truthiness wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

I don't think you can read any sort of deeper meaning into this from the perspective of why Solar recruited JS other than if any club has the opportunity to bring in a special player then you do it, regardless of any perceived "fit."
If JS doesn't fit into your system, there is a problem with your system.

On a side note, it is starting to seem that the net influx of elite players for FCD is stagnant of late. It used to be they were the ones pulling in a couple of studs every year in every age group.

Don't get me wrong. Almost every single FCD GDA team in every single age group is really good and a natty contender if things break right, but are any teams better now than they were a few months ago? Solar can probably answer "yes" for most of their teams.

Great point truthi --

Sure, it's always great to add talent, but to have the top two 2021 kids and the top 2023 player (arguably the top three HS aged kids in the country) on the same team, it could be the recipe for trouble.  If you know mama, you'd be expecting a few issues to arise when J isn't the best player on the field the majority of the time.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/09/19, 05:10 pm

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Since we are dialogue’n,
How many of these “posts” are unproductive or stating of the obvious or even repetitive? So your response to my post is just as redundant as mine. We both have time obviously.
I was just trying to process the whole “we will take FCD’s premier player because we don’t have facilities or revenue like theirs” speculation. Maybe it isn’t speculation, maybe you know better than most being you’ve coached with, against, and are acquainted with many of Solar’s brass. So I guess what I was trying to do is entice you to support your opinions with some facts that you may have been concealing. :😉:

Let’s get some good dialogue’n in before Foxy comes twerking on the thread.

I like your style chipzy Very Happy

As you may have noticed over the years, I rarely post unproductive redundance.  For example ... even this'n today called for you to express an opinion relevant to the topic ... sooo ... productiveness right?

And I'm sorry to disappoint but the only facts I expressed were that 1) I agree with truthi, 2) J did have a changing room in her vehicle at U10 and under, 3) DM and AS are trying to score 200 goals this year, 4) I have love for many over at Solar, 5) Solar have had tremendous success in some groups, and 6) Solar do have inferior facilities and resources when compared to FCD.

(and I'd challenge you to find many that would disagree with my contention that Solar do gladly take top players from FCD with little thought other than they're taking 'em from their #1 rival, or that the U17 GDA ladies couldn't easily repeat as champs without J)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 05/09/19, 05:34 pm

Did they take or “Not turn away” J? I’ve heard that she moved on her own. Third hand I know and taken with a grain of salt. I know that earlier in her career she had every kit possible and that’s def a fact. She’s been coached by most if not all of the top coaches on the top teams. I’m just rambling and borderline agreeing with ya but U17 only had 6 returning from that championship team so who better to replace some of that talent than with top talent. Some of those pick ups for that team just about put a fork in an already tender Texans team. Now I am curious to see if all the changes at DT will be a good thing, bad thing, or neutral thing.

And btw BigE...I’m not even sure what club nationally could shame FCD’s facilities. Locally it’s def no contest.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 05/09/19, 05:58 pm

[quote="Big Ern"] If you know mama, you'd be expecting a few issues to arise when J isn't the best player on the field the majority of the time.[/quote]

She wont have to worry about that as J will be the best player on the field even with the other two.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 05/09/19, 06:16 pm

sprint wrote:
Big Ern wrote: If you know mama, you'd be expecting a few issues to arise when J isn't the best player on the field the majority of the time.

She wont have to worry about that as J will be the best player on the field even with the other two.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 06/09/19, 07:27 am

sprint wrote:
Big Ern wrote: If you know mama, you'd be expecting a few issues to arise when J isn't the best player on the field the majority of the time.

J is a great player, but slow your roll on that one.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/09/19, 08:08 am

You boys need to listen to bige and his redundant posts....he dresses like a coach and stayed at a holiday inn near fcd last night.

Twerk twerk

-Foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 06/09/19, 09:44 am

Hey Ya'll!!! cyclops cyclops cyclops

Sweatpea's coach said that sweet little Russian midget and his sugar daddy are buying up all the good players. scratch lol! lol! What is this world coming to?!!???!!! Its a shame he can't afford to buy up some good centrally located practice fields. flower flower sunny alien pig Razz Laughing Laughing
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/09/19, 09:50 am

Hooper214 wrote:Hey Ya'll!!! cyclops cyclops cyclops

Sweatpea's coach said that sweet little Russian midget and his sugar daddy are buying up all the good players. scratch lol! lol! What is this world coming to?!!???!!! Its a shame he can't afford to buy up some good centrally located practice fields. flower flower sunny alien pig Razz Laughing Laughing

We all know that’s you bige.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 06/09/19, 09:58 am

[quote="anothercrazysoccerdad"][quote="sprint"][quote="Big Ern"] If you know mama, you'd be expecting a few issues to arise when J isn't the best player on the field the majority of the time.[/quote]

She wont have to worry about that as J will be the best player on the field even with the other two. [/quote]

[/quote]

We will see, but she will most likely be the one outshining the rest. There isn't enough room for three stars on one team, as most seem to agree with, and she will be the dominate player.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 06/09/19, 10:09 am

You best understand who’s team that is

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 06/09/19, 10:43 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Hooper214 wrote:Hey Ya'll!!! cyclops cyclops cyclops

We all know that’s you bige.

The sweetest little Russian Midget you ever laid eyes on. Just dancing up a storm. lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 06/09/19, 11:21 am

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:You best understand who’s team that is

This

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 06/09/19, 11:28 am

sprint wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
sprint wrote:

We will see, but she will most likely be the one outshining the rest.  There isn't enough room for three stars on one team, as most seem to agree with, and she will be the dominate player.  

I have no dog in this fight, but I have seen all 3 of these girls/teams play quite a bit the last few years. Have you watched the 2 Solar girls play? I think the 2 Solar 03 top players on this team have played in 4 National Championship games in the last 4 years and won 2 of them.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 06/09/19, 11:39 am

[quote="anothercrazysoccerdad"][quote="sprint"][quote="anothercrazysoccerdad"][quote="sprint"][quote="Big Ern"] If you know mama, you'd be expecting a few issues to arise when J isn't the best player on the field the majority of the time.[/quote]

She wont have to worry about that as J will be the best player on the field even with the other two. [/quote]

[/quote]

We will see, but she will most likely be the one outshining the rest.  There isn't enough room for three stars on one team, as most seem to agree with, and she will be the dominate player.  [/quote]

I have no dog in this fight, but I have seen all 3 of these girls/teams play quite a bit the last few years.  Have you watched the 2 Solar girls play?  I think the 2 Solar 03 top players on this team have played in 4 National Championship games in the last 4 years and won 2 of them.  [/quote]

no dog in the fight either and yes have seen all of them play a lot. J is the best in my book and she is always charging to get better. Playing up in National Teams and carrying U19 teams while a few years younger in the DA playoffs. It will be an interesting dynamic for sure but when the dust settles I would bet on her to go the farthest on the National Stage,(senior National team).

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next