North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL 04 Girls Week 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL 04 Girls Week 6

Go down

ECNL 04 Girls Week 6 Empty ECNL 04 Girls Week 6

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 05/10/20, 05:09 pm

Here we go...  Week 6 of the season and everyone back in action with 2 full days of games.

Saturday October 10th

Sting Black kicks things off at Carpenter Park vs Challenge SC at 9AM.  I haven't see a game played at Carpenter since Plano Labor day like 5 years ago... Anyway, Sting black recovers from the Loss to FCD with a 2+ goal victory over Challenge

*Also kicking off at 9am, Feet hosts Albion at Cox.  Albion has to be the most intriguing team so far this season.  Preseason #1 and expected to be in the hunt for Texas conference title but a string of ties has put that in a bit of question.  This will be a unique challenge for both teams playing like styles and I expect this to be a heck of a fun game to watch with good soccer but I expect Feet to win in a close one but could also see this ending in a tie... but leaning towards Feet by a goal

FC Dallas kicks off a 11AM vs TSC, TSC has looked like they have found their groove since dropping their 1st game to Solar.  I could see this being interesting but don't think TSC has the horses to pull the upset.   FCD wins by 5+

*Solar gets back into action after 2 weeks off and takes on Sting Austin a team that seems to have figured a few things out as of late.  Expect Beau will have Sting Austin ready for the fight and expect this to be closer than some might have guessed.  Solar pulls out the victory 2-1

Sting Dallas Royal takes on OK Celtic.  I don't know what to think about Sting Royal just yet, they have had a pretty tough schedule add in there 2 weeks off this might be just what they needed to get back on track.  Expect Sting royal to win 4+

Texans Host Classic Elite to finish off the 1st day of games.   3PM kick and this will be a decent game, CE hot off their last weekend tie vs Albion will be looking to get the W vs Texans who have also been on the 2 week break.   Expect this will be a 1-1 tie

Day 1 game of the week is a toss up between Solar vs Sting Austin or Feet vs Albion...   solar vs Sting A is intriguing due to the recent success of Sting A and this being a step up in competitive level of opponents for both teams.   The Feet vs Albion gets the node due to the style of play and probability of this being a good close soccer match.  

Sunday October 11th

*Day 2 of Week 6 starts off with Feet vs Challenge.  Challenge will give Feet problems with their style of play but ultimately feet finds a way to score and wins 2-1

Solar takes on Classic Elite.  CE uses everything they had vs Texans and Solar with their bench depth puts it on Classic Elite 5-0

FC Dallas vs OK Celtic...   FC Dallas wins easily  6-0

Sting Dallas Royal hosts TSC...  TSC seems to rebound quickly and after Saturday's match vs FCD I expect TSC to be up for the challenge. TSC takes this one 2-1

*Sting Dallas hosts Albion.  After playing Feet on Saturday this will be a quick shift of gears with style of play.  Albion wins 1-0, But I could see this ending in a 1-1 tie as well...

Texans host Sting Austin.  I think Sting Austin is better than most anticipated and expect them to surprise the Texans with a 1-0 victory.

Day 2 game of the week was also a tough one as there is no obvious spotlight game... but I will say either Feet vs Challenge or Sting vs Albion... and lean towards Albion as I think like some of us we are still trying to figure out who they are...

Have a great week!
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

ECNL 04 Girls Week 6 Empty Re: ECNL 04 Girls Week 6

Post by Soccapeeps 07/10/20, 04:31 pm

**TOP 5**   Game of the week – Albion vs DKSC.

Saturday October 10th

1. Solar- Sting Austin is definitely better than last year but I don’t think they have the talent to compete. I don’t see Sting Austin giving them much trouble in this one. I see a 4-0 game for Solar.

2. FCD- Another good close win vs SB which will serve them well when they battle Solar. Tulsa will get their 2nd loss of the season. I’m predicting a 3-0 win for FCD. Tulsa is a good team but I think they are a gatekeeper team. They will lose to the top teams but will generally beat anyone not in the top 5.

3. DKSC- Unlike some, I lost confidence in Albion and I don’t expect them to step up their game.  I expect a fairly easy DKSC 3-1 win against Albion.

4. Albion Hurricanes – Another tie for Albion against a mediocre Classic Elite team. Although Albion still have not lost in over a year, the losses will start to happen as they start playing the top teams in North Texas. They have already given up the same amount of goals this year as they did for the entire past season. 1-3 loss to DKSC

5. Sting Dallas Black- I’ve been down on SB but think they will get back on track against Challenge. I expect a 2-0 win.  

**Oklahoma Celtic vs Sting Royal. Battle for last place. I think Oklahoma gets the win 1-0.  
**Dallas Texans may be a little too athletic for Classic Elite. Texans win 2-1.

Sunday October 11th

1. Solar- Outside of last week’s Albion tie, Classic Elite has not shown much this year. With two games this weekend, Solar’s depth will be the difference in a 7-0 win

2. FCD- FCD is too strong overall for Celtics. 5- 0 win.  

3. DKSC- I don’t think Challenge can keep up with Feet.. 4-1 DKSC win

4. Albion Hurricanes – I think Albion gets their 2nd loss of the weekend and drop out of the top 5. Sting Black wins 2-1.

5. Sting Dallas Black- Good opportunity for SB to string a few wins together. 2-1 win over Albion.  

**Tulsa vs Sting Royal. Tulsa gets the win 3-0.
**Sting Austin vs Dallas Texans. This will be a very close game. Sting Austin wins 2-1.

Like to read other predictions!

Last edited by Soccapeeps on 07/10/20, 04:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerGK4life 08/10/20, 11:38 am

Saturday October 10th

1. Solar vs Sting Austin - I agree....Sting Austin is better, but I do not see them scoring. I see them playing a more defensive strategy. Solar should dominate the play, 2-0 for Solar.

2. FCD vs TSC - Should be no issues to get the W here. 4-1 for FCD

3. DKSC vs Albion - Albion is having a tough time finding the back of the net while dominating the field of play. This game will make scoring even tougher against a solid DKSC team. I see this game either being another tie or a 2-1 win for DKSC.

4. Sting Dallas Black vs Challenge - Challenge should make this game close, but SB will probably pull away with a win, 2-0 for Sting Black

5. Oklahoma Celtic vs Sting Royal - Celtic has yet to score a goal, Sting Royal hasn't done much either, at least they did score a couple against DKSC, but I think Sting Royal will win 2-1.

6. Dallas Texans vs Classic Elite - Texans will look to get back and ready to play being off for a couple weeks. Texans should win this game against a CE, 3-1.

Sunday October 11th

1. Solar vs Classics Elite - I agree, athleticism and depth will give Solar its biggest advantage. 6-0 win for Solar.

2. FCD vs Celtics - FCD is too strong especially with back to back games for a Celtics team that can't score. 6 - 0 FCD win.

3. DKSC vs Challenge - both will be coming off tough Saturday games. This will be a battle of will. Challenge is a physical team, so if Feet can't maintain quick possession, they could get knocked off the ball and finding a hard time getting quality shots. With that said, I still see DKSC winning in the end due to better skill and speed. 3-1 DKSC win.

4. Albion vs Sting Black – This will be another tough game for Albion. I see these two teams very much one in the same. I see this game ending in a tie, 1-1.

5. TSC vs Sting Royal - Tulsa gets the win 3-0.

6. Sting Austin vs Dallas Texans - I too see this as a close game, 3-1 for Sting Austin.

SoccerGK4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 09/10/20, 05:13 pm

Been a long time since I last posted and thanks to Soccapeeps for the nudge...

1st my PowerRankings...  
5 weeks in minus a few reschedules we are starting to see what this conference is all about and after these next 2 weekends we will have an even better understanding of the powers that be...

#1 FC Dallas - You got to give it to FCD, beating Feet twice is impressive and although the tie to Sting Black is a blemish, they followed it up with getting the W.  This team has 3+ USYNT pool players and in my opinion are right now the #1 team in this conference in my PowerRankings.   The only team I can see coming for their spot is Solar.  (Get ready, the S hits the Fan next weekend!)

#2 Solar - As others have mentioned this team has the depth and the talent.  Their starting 11 is made up of 4+ USYNT pool players and although they have not played anyone yet that will change soon enough.  

#3 DKSC - Not the most talented team in North Texas but they have the cult chemistry carried over from those early rush days which makes them a tough out and add in some of the new talent scoring goals this team is a top 3 contender. The biggest change I see with this team is they win big vs the opponents they should beat but when faced with the power of FCD they have come up short so far.  Mark your calendars, if they want to move up a spot or even 2 their date is coming over Halloween weekend when they face Solar.

#4 Sting Black - I give the edge to Sting Black, a tie and a loss to FC Dallas is a decent result.  I suspect they get into a winning groove this weekend and move up the league standings, although this is likely their ceiling as far as PowerRankings.  

#5 Sting Austin - I think Sting Austin has shown they have some fight and can win and tie vs good competition.  They seem to be getting better and I expect they will show this weekend that they are nothing like last year's team that couldn't kick their way out of a paper sack.

Albion @ DKSC is the game of the week.  Albion gets a good result and Solar dominates Sting A, they move up in my PowerRankings...

Saturday October 10th

1. FCD vs TSC - TSC is just OK and FC Dallas is very good.  FC Dallas wins 6-1

2. Solar vs Sting Austin - Sting Austin is improved and I expect them to make this a good game.  Not sure they can score on Solar so expect Solar wins 3-0

3. DKSC vs Albion - DKSC is a Dribble this season and I expect them to make quick work of Albion.  Feet wins 3-0

4. Sting Black vs Challenge SC - Sting black wins but a close match. 2-0

5. Sting Austin vs Solar - see above...

Oklahoma Celtic vs Sting Royal. Peeps said it best this is the battle for last place. Although I think Royal gets the win 2-0.  
Dallas Texans vs Classic Elite I think CE gets the win 1-0

Sunday October 11th
1. FCD vs Celtics. Easily 7 - 0 win.  
2. Solar vs Classic Elite, highlight real for Solar I suspect with 7-0 win
3. DKSC vs Challenge  I see this getting a little ugly 6-1 DKSC win
4. Sting Dallas Black vs Albion I think Albion kicks their funk and Albion wins over Sting Black 2-1
5. Sting Austin vs Dallas Texans. Going to go with Sting Austin 1-0 over Texans

Tulsa vs Sting Royal. Tulsa gets the win 1-0.

Enjoy your Friday Happy Hour!
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SafariAl 10/10/20, 09:25 am

Okay, I’ll go

Saturday
Solar 4   Sting A 0
FCD. 4   Tulsa 0
D’Feet 3  Albion 1
Sting B 2  Challenge 1
OKC 1    Sting R 3
Texans 3  Classic 1

Sunday
Solar 7  Classic 0
FCD 6   Celtic 0
D’Feet 4  Challenge 1
Albion 3  Sting B 1
Tulsa 2   Sting R 1
Sting A 1  Texans 2

Good luck to all and be safe.

SafariAl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 10/10/20, 11:58 am

First score of the day...

Challenge 1 - Sting Black 1. Black evened it on a late PK.

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 10/10/20, 12:51 pm

Feet 3-1 over Albion. Albion is as advertised. Very good team. Depth is an issue.
Albion controlled first half. Feet responded 2nd half and put away their chances.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 10/10/20, 01:54 pm

5-0 Solar over Sting Austin

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccapeeps 10/10/20, 07:38 pm

First day impression is that FCD, Solar, and DKSC is the class of this conference. DKSC beat Albion convincingly. Trying to determine if the top tier is FCD and Solar and whether DKSC should be included in the top tier before you drop a level?

Any thoughts?

Challenge surprised me a little by tying Sting Black. I may still be overrating SB at this point.

Any updates with OKC vs Sting Royal and Texans vs Elite Classic?
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ECNL 04 Girls Week 6 Empty play and skill

Post by Soccerupnorth 10/10/20, 07:47 pm

Soccapeeps wrote:First day impression is that FCD, Solar, and DKSC is the class of this conference. DKSC beat Albion convincingly. Trying to determine if the top tier is FCD and Solar and whether DKSC should be included in the top tier before you drop a level?

Any thoughts?

Challenge surprised me a little by tying Sting Black. I may still be overrating SB at this point.

that is a surprising score for Sting Black and Challenge. How did the Challenge team play? 5 back and whack it up the field as mentioned earlier or play out of the back and make connecting passes to score?
Are they more skilled than Sting Black?

Soccerupnorth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 10/10/20, 08:42 pm

Soccerupnorth wrote:
Soccapeeps wrote:First day impression is that FCD, Solar, and DKSC is the class of this conference. DKSC beat Albion convincingly. Trying to determine if the top tier is FCD and Solar and whether DKSC should be included in the top tier before you drop a level?

Any thoughts?

that is a surprising score for Sting Black and Challenge. How did the Challenge team play? 5 back and whack it up the field as mentioned earlier or play out of the back and make connecting passes to score?  
Are they more skilled than Sting Black?  

SB probably has more individual "skilled" players than C and possesses well. C does have a more direct style, but certainly were not just whacking it up the field. SB had a slight advantage in the run of play but C had their opportunities as well. Both teams had missed opportunities on corners. C scored on a great cross w/ about 10 mins left. SB amped up the attack and during a major scrum in front of C's goal, the ref called a very iffy foul on C in the box w/ less than 5 mins left allowing SB to equalize. Overall, SB probably not as strong as advertised here and C probably a notch or two better. Will be interesting to see what C does vs Dfeet tomorrow.

According to social media/ECNL app:
SR 6 Celtic 1
CE 2 DTX 1

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerGK4life 12/10/20, 08:21 am

Whoa.....DKSC 8-0 over Challenge.....didn't see that spread coming. Did Challenge even show up, lol.

SoccerGK4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 12/10/20, 09:41 am

SoccerGK4life wrote:Whoa.....DKSC 8-0 over Challenge.....didn't see that spread coming.  Did Challenge even show up, lol.

I think that's what we refer to in the sports world as "garbage time".

Looks like this game played out exactly as the Albion/DKSC game the day before. It was 1-0 at the half. Challenge simply got worn down in the 2nd half. Posters here have brought up depth. That was clearly the issue yesterday. I've noticed over the years that NTX teams consistently carry 18+ on their rosters while STX teams carry around 15-16 max. It's great for playing time especially in showcases, but not so great in league games against a superior opponent.

Anyone have an Albion/Sting Black score?

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerGK4life 12/10/20, 09:52 am

2-1 Sting Black won

SoccerGK4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ECNL 04 Girls Week 6 Empty No comparison

Post by Soccerupnorth 12/10/20, 10:21 am

dtk9119 wrote:
SoccerGK4life wrote:Whoa.....DKSC 8-0 over Challenge.....didn't see that spread coming.  Did Challenge even show up, lol.

I think that's what we refer to in the sports world as "garbage time".

Looks like this game played out exactly as the Albion/DKSC game the day before. It was 1-0 at the half. Challenge simply got worn down in the 2nd half. Posters here have brought up depth. That was clearly the issue yesterday. I've noticed over the years that NTX teams consistently carry 18+ on their rosters while STX teams carry around 15-16 max. It's great for playing time especially in showcases, but not so great in league games against a superior opponent.

Anyone have an Albion/Sting Black score?

At the game we saw Challenge play kickball. They simply don’t have skill. Yes 1-0 at the half as DKSC was figuring out how to play against the mob of Challenge players in the back. Only twice did Challenge move the ball up the field with complete passes. Yes, Challenge got worn down in the second half I’m guessing no depth in their club. Albion way better skilled than Challenge with movement so no comparison with the two games.
8-0 and 3-1 are two completely different scores.
If your few players can’t play quality soccer for a full game then maybe you should carry 18. Seems to work for us in NTX.

Soccerupnorth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 12/10/20, 11:55 am

I feel like I have more questions than answers after this weekend... How does Classic Elite Tie OK Celtic 0-0 back in September than beat texans 2-1 and lose 3-0 to Solar... Or how does Sting black Tie Challenge 1-1 but beats Albion 2-1... How does TSC drop 2 games this weekend. definitely shakes things up in the middle of the pack... curious to see the updating standings after all this...

Are they selling tickets and event shirts yet for FCD vs Solar? That is shaping up to be one hell of a game this weekend.
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 12/10/20, 01:03 pm

Standings after week 6. Shaping up to be 3 tiers:

ECNL 04 Girls Week 6 Standi17

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/10/20, 09:47 am

CrazySoccerParent wrote:I feel like I have more questions than answers after this weekend...  How does Classic Elite Tie OK Celtic 0-0 back in September than beat texans 2-1 and lose 3-0 to Solar... Or how does Sting black Tie Challenge 1-1 but beats Albion 2-1... How does TSC drop 2 games this weekend.   definitely shakes things up in the middle of the pack... curious to see the updating standings after all this...

Are they selling tickets and event shirts yet for FCD vs Solar?  That is shaping up to be one hell of a game this weekend.

No doubt CrazySP!  And who'd've thunk it ... two strong former GDA clubs turn out to be even more dominant when makin' the move to ECNL ... scratch  ... king

Guessing close one 'til the end when a former Solar kid, now @ FCD sends Solar to the spot to seal the dub.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 14/10/20, 05:14 pm

CrazySoccerParent wrote:I feel like I have more questions than answers after this weekend...  How does Classic Elite Tie OK Celtic 0-0 back in September than beat texans 2-1 and lose 3-0 to Solar... Or how does Sting black Tie Challenge 1-1 but beats Albion 2-1... How does TSC drop 2 games this weekend.   definitely shakes things up in the middle of the pack... curious to see the updating standings after all this...

Are they selling tickets and event shirts yet for FCD vs Solar?  That is shaping up to be one hell of a game this weekend.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down