North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 Top 20 Rankings

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 Top 20 Rankings

Post by BallBuster 01/03/11, 11:54 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
BallBuster wrote:DT South is good, but you can't call them a top ranked team until they start playing SDL. They have too many easy games in the Prime Time League. In SDL, they would have to play tough teams every week.

And I agree with the others about Daglish. Playing up and beating D3 teams isn't too hard for top ranked teams. They would have better competition playing Division 1 in the 04 League.

Rowdies and Kennington would give Dalglish a halfway decent game. And then after that there would be no competition, so no, the 04s would not be better comp for them

I'm not going to disagree that Daglish is the top ranked team right now for the 04's but didn't you guys lose to Kat Webbs team in the Thanksgiving Primetime tourney 4 to 0?
You beat DT North Rosales by only 1 goal. and you only beat GSSC by 1 goal.
11 goals scored for the tournament and 9 scored against in five games. Sounds like there are more than two 04 teams that can give you some competition.
Sure, maybe you have gotten better but so have many of the top ranked teams. And you lost what many of you described as your best player.

Now if you were playing up in D2, that would be a different story, but some of those D3 teams are pretty bad and a few are absolutely terrible. Several of those 03 teams have been easily beaten in winter indoor games by other 04 teams.
To get an idea of who you are competing against, take the worst 6 or 7 teams right now from the 04 division and in about seven months, they will all be playing D3 in the U8 Fall SDL League. That is the level of competition you are playing.
You are good but tap the brakes just a little bit.

BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 02/03/11, 12:24 am

BallBuster wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
BallBuster wrote:DT South is good, but you can't call them a top ranked team until they start playing SDL. They have too many easy games in the Prime Time League. In SDL, they would have to play tough teams every week.

And I agree with the others about Daglish. Playing up and beating D3 teams isn't too hard for top ranked teams. They would have better competition playing Division 1 in the 04 League.

Rowdies and Kennington would give Dalglish a halfway decent game. And then after that there would be no competition, so no, the 04s would not be better comp for them

I'm not going to disagree that Daglish is the top ranked team right now for the 04's but didn't you guys lose to Kat Webbs team in the Thanksgiving Primetime tourney 4 to 0?
11 goals scored for the tournament and 9 scored against in five games. Sounds like there are more than two 04 teams that can give you some competition.
Sure, maybe you have gotten better but so have many of the top ranked teams. And you lost what many of you described as your best player.

Now if you were playing up in D2, that would be a different story, but some of those D3 teams are pretty bad and a few are absolutely terrible. Several of those 03 teams have been easily beaten in winter indoor games by other 04 teams.
To get an idea of who you are competing against, take the worst 6 or 7 teams right now from the 04 division and in about seven months, they will all be playing D3 in the U8 Fall SDL League. That is the level of competition you are playing.
I don't remember the exact scores but the turkey tourney was a long time ago in youth soccer years. Two great players from Webb went to Lee. Just understand that at this moment in youth soccer team Kenny is superior.
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 02/03/11, 01:02 am

TorquauyU wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

I don't remember the exact scores but the turkey tourney was a long time ago in youth soccer years. Two great players from Webb went to Lee. Just understand that at this moment in youth soccer team Kenny is superior.

It was only 3 months ago.
I'm not hating. Just saying.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 02/03/11, 02:19 am

General consensus seems Solar Kennington, Rowdies, Liverpool, and DT south are the top four. Other than that, it is too early to clearly declare a number one team. Seems like there has been much turnover in the last couple of months and you can't use prior history to predict future outcomes. I have seen all four of these teams play and I think any one of them could beat another on a given day. Especially considering they are 6.

There are obviously a lot of biased, vocal Liverpool folks on here. I personally would give a slight edge to the Rowdies. But until one team CONSISTENTLY beats all the others, it's hard to say with certainty. I think the talent level is pretty similar with these four teams. Because of this, the results of many of these games will come down to coaching and other factors.

D2 should also be interesting to watch who rises to the top. There are so many Liverpool teams with shuffling of players that it's hard to keep track. I would say that LP Beardsley and Solar Hollis are the top two there.

BTW, that DT south girl has at least 10-20 lbs and a few inches on even the biggest 04 girls. Good luck trying to handle her.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 02/03/11, 06:46 am

2good4u wrote:General consensus seems Solar Kennington, Rowdies, Liverpool, and DT south are the top four. Other than that, it is too early to clearly declare a number one team. Seems like there has been much turnover in the last couple of months and you can't use prior history to predict future outcomes. I have seen all four of these teams play and I think any one of them could beat another on a given day. Especially considering they are 6.

There are obviously a lot of biased, vocal Liverpool folks on here. I personally would give a slight edge to the Rowdies. But until one team CONSISTENTLY beats all the others, it's hard to say with certainty. I think the talent level is pretty similar with these four teams. Because of this, the results of many of these games will come down to coaching and other factors.

D2 should also be interesting to watch who rises to the top. There are so many Liverpool teams with shuffling of players that it's hard to keep track. I would say that LP Beardsley and Solar Hollis are the top two there.

BTW, that DT south girl has at least 10-20 lbs and a few inches on even the biggest 04 girls. Good luck trying to handle her.

I think Dalglish has a girl that can handle her...she is big, tall and fast...with better skill. Maybe only slightly shorter and not as much baby fat.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 07:11 am

BallBuster wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

Gonna pump the brakes here a bit. Daglish lost a great player but I don't think she was the best player or by any means dominating the team. Also the Webb team that Daglish lost to basically lost 2 of their top players to the daglish team. Then another great player was added to the squad who would make a very big 03 player and she plays with skill. With a 3 for 1 pick up they have definitely improved. Before the trade I thought the previous Laser team was a better team than Daglish but the Daglish squad has definitely gone past that. Now here is the break pumping part. It is not a super team. There are a few girls on the beardsly team that are better than a few of the daglish girls. Daglish is a stronger squad because it started out that was (zoom). LW also had opportunities to add a couple of other very strong players to Daglish and did not. LW is not about being the top team or smashing thru the competition. He is trying to train 2 great squads that produce enough great player that you can fill a complet 16 man CL squad. They will win and probably win alot but his focus has been made clear. Developement over winning. He would rather see them try to play good soccer and lose than just kick and run and win.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 02/03/11, 07:39 am

This is pretty fun to read.

My only point is if a team wants to play up or in a different league who cares. Believe me you will get tired of playing the same teams after a few years.

Don't forget this is suppose to be fun
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 07:47 am

Rowdies will be a very good team. It is basically the Texan Laser team plus a few strong additions. They lost a couple great players but added more. There is still some flex in the lineup and position changes but it will work itself out. This weekend will be very telling for the Rowdies who up until this point haven't looked that good except for in the last win.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 08:08 am

LoneStar wrote:This is pretty fun to read.

My only point is if a team wants to play up or in a different league who cares. Believe me you will get tired of playing the same teams after a few years.

Don't forget this is suppose to be fun

I think the point for Daglish playing up is more about size than competition. Playing the bigger girls to hopefully not allow them to just physically win games but be forced to use better skills to win.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/03/11, 08:28 am

I know this is a fun topic to discuss, but I would like to add something. The 04 age group is pprobably the most shaky group to be ranking. Most all of these teams are made up of 04s, 05s and 06s. I guess a team is a team right now, but there will be tons of movement this summer by especially those 05s and 06s, probably off of those teams to form teams with their own age group. Look at the number of 05 teams that sprang up just over winter with SDL adding a division for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by noimarealdoubleD 02/03/11, 09:11 am

I also wish Dalglish was playing with the 04s to get a crack at them but I don't think too much about why they'd want to play up. I'm sure playing what in most cases are faster and bigger girls with the 03s (even if D3) will push a younger team to always play their best. I think some are forgetting that there are likely other reasons a team plays up/co-ed, etc. when all they discuss are win/loss ratios.

That being said, the top 04 team shouldn't think they are still 2nd best (because IF Dalglish were playing with the 04s, they'd likely still beat the top 04 team). The 04s are a solid group of girls. There's been mention of 2-3 players for this group and 2-3 players for that group.. if a TEAM is top, its because there are more girls who possess skill than just its top forward. If people are thinking their DD makes the team, or made the team before going to the rowdies, the Coach's job isn't done yet.

Dalglish is playing up, so not much anyone can do in the 04 ring but to forget about them. This weekend will be a good match to see who is No. 1.

Go Solar!
noimarealdoubleD
noimarealdoubleD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 2 Empty Whiskey and wind

Post by Tilly 02/03/11, 09:25 am

Did anyone notice that husband and wife team swilling from a silver flask at some of the latest matches?

They should either stop, or pass it around, heck last weekend was so cold and windy I was waiting for the tornado sirens!

Tilly
Tilly
Tilly
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Location : Extended Stay America Dallas - North - Park Central

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 09:25 am

well said, I think some have forgot the reason for playing up and it's not wins and losses. I think solar has a couple of laser kids on it so def with them good luck and DD misses playing with her buddies.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 02/03/11, 09:28 am

noimarealdoubleD wrote:I also wish Dalglish was playing with the 04s to get a crack at them but I don't think too much about why they'd want to play up. I'm sure playing what in most cases are faster and bigger girls with the 03s (even if D3) will push a younger team to always play their best. I think some are forgetting that there are likely other reasons a team plays up/co-ed, etc. when all they discuss are win/loss ratios.

That being said, the top 04 team shouldn't think they are still 2nd best (because IF Dalglish were playing with the 04s, they'd likely still beat the top 04 team). The 04s are a solid group of girls. There's been mention of 2-3 players for this group and 2-3 players for that group.. if a TEAM is top, its because there are more girls who possess skill than just its top forward. If people are thinking their DD makes the team, or made the team before going to the rowdies, the Coach's job isn't done yet.

Dalglish is playing up, so not much anyone can do in the 04 ring but to forget about them. This weekend will be a good match to see who is No. 1.

Go Solar!
You're a scouser. Why did you just say go Solar? You're not tricking anyone Smile
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 2 Empty Just play for fun

Post by Tilly 02/03/11, 09:35 am

Best just to teach our little one's that it's all about giving their best and trying as hard as they can playing by the rules.

Some of the players are turning into "Little Bruisers" running over players on opposing teams with reckless abandon.
Tilly
Tilly
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by noimarealdoubleD 02/03/11, 09:38 am

I'm no lobscouse, duker, joker, wanker, or any other choice phrase word in your English vocabulary good sir. Or...

I said go Solar because they are opposite rowdies. I would rather say GO DURTY SOUTH before Go Row...Rowd....Rowdi....NOPE, can't even type it.

No
noimarealdoubleD
noimarealdoubleD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/03/11, 09:42 am

My IBS acts up when I think of the dirty dirty or anything related to rhinestones.

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 02/03/11, 09:46 am

TorquauyU wrote:
noimarealdoubleD wrote:I also wish Dalglish was playing with the 04s to get a crack at them but I don't think too much about why they'd want to play up. I'm sure playing what in most cases are faster and bigger girls with the 03s (even if D3) will push a younger team to always play their best. I think some are forgetting that there are likely other reasons a team plays up/co-ed, etc. when all they discuss are win/loss ratios.

Go Solar!
You're a scouser. Why did you just say go Solar? You're not tricking anyone Smile

I'm pretty sure it was more anti- Rowdies than Go Solar!

Dalglish has definitely gotten better. We have added at least 4 awesome players since the PT Thanksgiving tourney. Our defenders are big and fast and should be able to handle any DT- South players now.

I also think Rowdies are great as my dd played with most of them on Laser team...it would be a good game.
I wish I could go watch the Rowdies/ Solar game , but I will be at a diff field.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 09:52 am

go99 wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

Gonna pump the brakes here a bit. Daglish lost a great player but I don't think she was the best player or by any means dominating the team. Also the Webb team that Daglish lost to basically lost 2 of their top players to the daglish team. Then another great player was added to the squad who would make a very big 03 player and she plays with skill. With a 3 for 1 pick up they have definitely improved. Before the trade I thought the previous Laser team was a better team than Daglish but the Daglish squad has definitely gone past that. Now here is the break pumping part. It is not a super team. There are a few girls on the beardsly team that are better than a few of the daglish girls. Daglish is a stronger squad because it started out that was (zoom). LW also had opportunities to add a couple of other very strong players to Daglish and did not. LW is not about being the top team or smashing thru the competition. He is trying to train 2 great squads that produce enough great player that you can fill a complet 16 man CL squad. They will win and probably win alot but his focus has been made clear. Developement over winning. He would rather see them try to play good soccer and lose than just kick and run and win.

Well said 99
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 2 Empty Let's pray

Post by Tilly 02/03/11, 10:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS91gT3XT_A
Tilly
Tilly
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 02/03/11, 10:04 am

I get the feeling that 90% of the 04 posters are Dalglish parents like me!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 10:16 am

mcik17 wrote:I get the feeling that 90% of the 04 posters are Dalglish parents like me!

Not talking about me, but I know at least one on here that has spoken highly of Dalglish that is not... You know who you are Cool
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 10:29 am

What's going on with all the Rowdies hate though? Twisted Evil
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly 02/03/11, 10:46 am

1. DT South - #1 until proven otherwise. Dirty? sure they are, but they get away with it so they win.

2. Rowdies - hate'em if you want and make all the excuses you want, but they are good and they can win.

3. Liverpool Dalglish - playing crappy competition in 03-D3, will suffer for it. new players, lost players, blah blah blah...

4. Solar Kennington - sure they beat DT South in PT, and they are talented, but must win this weekend to be considered a top3 threat.

5. DT North - no clue what is up with them this season so far. disappointing.

6. Fever FC - good team, exciting to watch. watch out. Doubt they can beat a top 3

7. Texas Spirit North Red - solid team, not top tier, but can hang with anyone.

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid
Tilly
Tilly
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by gogunners 02/03/11, 10:50 am

Tilly = Twat!
Dirty South = shitty poor soccer!

gogunners
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 11:04 am

Tilly wrote:1. DT South - #1 until proven otherwise. Dirty? sure they are, but they get away with it so they win.

2. Rowdies - hate'em if you want and make all the excuses you want, but they are good and they can win.

3. Liverpool Dalglish - playing crappy competition in 03-D3, will suffer for it. new players, lost players, blah blah blah...

4. Solar Kennington - sure they beat DT South in PT, and they are talented, but must win this weekend to be considered a top3 threat.

5. DT North - no clue what is up with them this season so far. disappointing.

6. Fever FC - good team, exciting to watch. watch out. Doubt they can beat a top 3

7. Texas Spirit North Red - solid team, not top tier, but can hang with anyone.

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

LOL!! what a joke. Dalglish hater. Tilly, you r a moron. DT South has nothin. Stop being jealous of Dalglish and get over it. And Spirit not being a top tier, yet Rowdies barely beat them.
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next