North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 Top 20 Rankings

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 Top 20 Rankings

Post by Shelby427 03/03/11, 02:18 pm

Oddly enough, since it seems no DT South parents read this board, I feel compelled to offer a counter opinion.

I did watch most of that game and parts of others. Let's be clear, although DT South did play aggressive and hard, which I have no problem with, the fouls I saw in the Liverpool game WERE in fact called and LP was awarded possession.

Now, there was a rumor that LP combined players from Beardsley to Dalglish at the semis round. In fact I know one parent that swears two Beardsley players played against Kennington in the semis. If true, I consider that fairly pathetic at 6 year old soccer.

Finally, the worst confrontation or behavior from parents that I saw did not come from DT south parents, but from two Kennington parents who exploded at the refs well after the game as another team was warming up. In fact, if it had gone much longer, I am sure police would have been called.

Finally, LP parents did not handle the loss well. Several of them were very upset and I even heard a few very inappropriate/racial slurs directed at DT South ( I was watching from the LP side).

Finally, lighten up. These teams and kids will be playing each other for years to come. If you can’t get in a discussion about rankings without blasting a team and its parents, perhaps you are taking this way too seriously.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by noimarealdoubleD 03/03/11, 02:54 pm

LoneStar wrote:Great thing about soccer, is a goal is a goal.

Just a side note soccer is a physical game. As a parent if you can't handle it put your kid in volleyball or softball.

Redonkulous.
noimarealdoubleD
noimarealdoubleD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/11, 03:06 pm

noimarealdoubleD wrote:

Just a side note soccer is a physical game. As a parent if you can't handle it put your kid in volleyball or softball.

Redonkulous.

All I want to know is this...Was it me or you that labeled them "Dirty South".
Been trying to go back to my first posts, but for some odd reason, they've been deleted.

P.S. To all parents reading this, take it easy with your comments about "Next Time", we need to set the example on the field and if there are any problems with ignorant parents, there is a simple solution to this....YouTube!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 03/03/11, 03:18 pm

Shelby427 wrote:Oddly enough, since it seems no DT South parents read this board, I feel compelled to offer a counter opinion.

I did watch most of that game and parts of others. Let's be clear, although DT South did play aggressive and hard, which I have no problem with, the fouls I saw in the Liverpool game WERE in fact called and LP was awarded possession.

Now, there was a rumor that LP combined players from Beardsley to Dalglish at the semis round. In fact I know one parent that swears two Beardsley players played against Kennington in the semis. If true, I consider that fairly pathetic at 6 year old soccer.

Finally, the worst confrontation or behavior from parents that I saw did not come from DT south parents, but from two Kennington parents who exploded at the refs well after the game as another team was warming up. In fact, if it had gone much longer, I am sure police would have been called.

Finally, LP parents did not handle the loss well. Several of them were very upset and I even heard a few very inappropriate/racial slurs directed at DT South ( I was watching from the LP side).

Finally, lighten up. These teams and kids will be playing each other for years to come. If you can’t get in a discussion about rankings without blasting a team and its parents, perhaps you are taking this way too seriously.

Just to clear anything up about Liverpool players in that tourney. There was one guest player that was playing with Beardsley in that tourney and after Beardsley was eliminated she was invited to sit on the bench and watch. She never touched the field in any game with Dalglish except maybe in warm ups and I'm not even sure about that. That is the girl that DT South was throwing a fit about because they thought she was going to play. She is now on Dalglish team.

Oh yeah...you are correct they did call the penalties in that game, but its no solice when the players that were fouled were knocked out of the rest of the game injured.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/11, 03:28 pm

If you are just pretending to be a drittsekk then that's funny but if you are serious then here's a video you can get off on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/11, 03:35 pm

You know what's worse.....is getting an email from Netflix that "The Muppets Take Manhattan" is in the mail.....WTF!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/11, 03:41 pm

DoubleDD wrote:You know what's worse.....is getting an email from Netflix that "The Muppets Take Manhattan" is in the mail.....WTF!!!

Jim Henson's ghost!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 03/03/11, 10:24 pm

mcik17 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:Oddly enough, since it seems no DT South parents read this board, I feel compelled to offer a counter opinion.

Just to clear anything up about Liverpool players in that tourney. There was one guest player that was playing with Beardsley in that tourney and after Beardsley was eliminated she was invited to sit on the bench and watch. She never touched the field in any game with Dalglish except maybe in warm ups and I'm not even sure about that. That is the girl that DT South was throwing a fit about because they thought she was going to play. She is now on Dalglish team.

Oh yeah...you are correct they did call the penalties in that game, but its no solice when the players that were fouled were knocked out of the rest of the game injured.

And the reason they threw a big fit, is because she had already scored a goal or two on them along with a few more solid scoring ops when they played Beardsley. They werent about to want to face Dalglish with her playing. Even tho, to be the best, you gotta beat the best. I guess their thinking is you gotta beat up the best
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 04/03/11, 08:26 am

Moosh98 wrote:
mcik17 wrote:

And the reason they threw a big fit, is because she had already scored a goal or two on them along with a few more solid scoring ops when they played Beardsley. They werent about to want to face Dalglish with her playing. Even tho, to be the best, you gotta beat the best. I guess their thinking is you gotta beat up the best

Since Liverpool parents insist on continuing, I felt it was appropriate to look at the tournament results to see how the teams played (from Prime time website).

First off, it doesn’t look like DT South had many problems with Beardsley winning 3-1. Also, Dalglish was hardly superior in that they lost 4-0 to Webb which DT South went on to shutout 2-0 .

Now let’s compare Goals for and goals against:

DT South: 14 – 8
LP Dalglish: 9 – 9

As another poster pointed out DT South did enough to win a tournament… not a single game… but a 5 game tournament… and unless the entire tournament was rigged toward them… I’d say the results are the most accurate portrayal of who the better team was, at least that weekend.

You accuse DT South parents of having little class, but from all of the LP parent remarks on this thread, I wouldn’t give Liverpool parents any awards either. You lost, get over it… quit whining, complaining, and trying to make DT South look bad: “Gee if we can’t throw the scoreboard in their faces, we will talk about how badly their parents behave and say they have no class”… Quit trying to belittle your opponent… learn how to take a loss with class.

Now after looking at these tournament results, I’d agree with Tilly that DT South should be #1. At the very least you would have a hard time arguing them below #3.

Finally, these rankings are just for fun… Obviously Dalglish and Rowdies are different teams today, as I am sure DT South is as well. If nothing else, it would be entertaining to see matches between the three.

Let’s keep these threads fun and light in the future please…. It’s only 04 soccer.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by noimarealdoubleD 04/03/11, 08:34 am

noimarealdoubleD
noimarealdoubleD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/11, 08:46 am

Agreed.......this thread needs to die.

If it worked for TorqU, it's good enough for me!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 04/03/11, 10:18 am

DoubleDD wrote:Agreed.......this thread needs to die.

If it worked for TorqU, it's good enough for me!!!

Man, I love that video. Showed it to my older dd and she said "that kid will never have a girlfriend" and walked away. Got to love teenagers Very Happy
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by noimarealdoubleD 04/03/11, 10:24 am

Skipping skool to watch the boards with Dad? Epic!
noimarealdoubleD
noimarealdoubleD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/03/11, 11:02 am

Ok now you or whoever you know is just a Liar. There was know moving of players. The question arose in the DTS game because a girl was sitting behind the bench with her friends. She was not playing and had no intention too.
Second, the point is not the foul being called. Had the tackle that was made on my DD been made in any version of actual soccer a red card would have been produced. Also it wasn't just one girl, she was just the most effective at fouling. The worst part is that the really serious fouling didn't occur until they were down and the parents start calling for it. But a goal is a goal and a win is a win. The fact remains, they will have to bring something more to the table now to win games.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 04/03/11, 11:10 am

Injuries happen and fouls happen.

This just makes me laugh that they think a ref will give a red card at the younger ages. Refs will call the game, right or wrong the girls have to play the game that is called.

Go to Cali and see how the refs treat our girls from NTX. Bottom line is result and girls and coach have to adapt to the game.
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/03/11, 11:29 am

Maybe not a red card but this is the age that refs should teach kid what are fould and what is not. And a caution with a calm talk to a couple of the kids and the coach was definitely warranted. Without it what you get is escalation in which soccer is no longer being played. I don't think anybody wants to see a field of 7yr olds hitting each other as hard as they can. The refs are there to control the game and they did not in this game. I don't want to qestion the parents from the south's class, I am sure they are fine people. In the heat of the moment you have to be careful what you yell to your kids. The do not have restraint or an adults understanding. If you yell to take someone out, they will and with no understanding that someone could get seriously hurt. I do believe that when parents yell those things they don't actually want kids to get hurt but the kids don't understand that. BTW I don't think south is rated lower because of that game. Most of the teams never see them so we really have no idea of how good they are or aren't. Hopefully we all see them in a tournament and hopefully they are a much better playing team. Also it should be known that I did not hear any of this from the coach. He didn't correct it but he also didn't seem to be driving them to be overly physical.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 04/03/11, 11:30 am

noimarealdoubleD wrote:Skipping skool to watch the boards with Dad? Epic!

Trying to be a positive influence Twisted Evil It was actually a few weeks ago when this video was first posted on this site.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 04/03/11, 05:12 pm

hello
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 09:42 am

Shelby427 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
mcik17 wrote:

Since Liverpool parents insist on continuing, I felt it was appropriate to look at the tournament results to see how the teams played (from Prime time website).

First off, it doesn’t look like DT South had many problems with Beardsley winning 3-1. Also, Dalglish was hardly superior in that they lost 4-0 to Webb which DT South went on to shutout 2-0 .

As another poster pointed out DT South did enough to win a tournament… not a single game… but a 5 game tournament… and unless the entire tournament was rigged toward them… I’d say the results are the most accurate portrayal of who the better team was, at least that weekend.

You accuse DT South parents of having little class, but from all of the LP parent remarks on this thread, I wouldn’t give Liverpool parents any awards either. You lost, get over it… quit whining, complaining, and trying to make DT South look bad: “Gee if we can’t throw the scoreboard in their faces, we will talk about how badly their parents behave and say they have no class”… Quit trying to belittle your opponent… learn how to take a loss with class.

Now after looking at these tournament results, I’d agree with Tilly that DT South should be #1. At the very least you would have a hard time arguing them below #3.

Finally, these rankings are just for fun… Obviously Dalglish and Rowdies are different teams today, as I am sure DT South is as well. If nothing else, it would be entertaining to see matches between the three.

Let’s keep these threads fun and light in the future please…. It’s only 04 soccer.

Looks like DT South lost last weekend to GSSC Thunder. Do you still think your #1? Until you start playing in SDL you wont ever be considered a top 3 team. Most of the SDL Division 1 teams could dominate in the Primetime League.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 09:46 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hey you, what do ya see?
Something beautiful or something free?
Hey you, are you trying to be mean?
You live with apes man, it's hard to be clean

The beautiful people, the beautiful people

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 08/03/11, 11:10 am

BallBuster wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
mcik17 wrote:

Looks like DT South lost last weekend to GSSC Thunder. Do you still think your #1? Until you start playing in SDL you wont ever be considered a top 3 team. Most of the SDL Division 1 teams could dominate in the Primetime League.

I am not a DT South parent.. so when you say "do you still think your #1" I am not sure who you are asking. So far I haven't seen one 04 DT South parent on this board. Just allot of LP parents who can't stand DT South so they look for literally any chance they get to knock the team....

If you look at PT results though, you can see DT South has beaten similar opponents of GSSC by much larger margins... anyhow... who knows.. maybe they had a bad game. Wasn't there... couldn't say.

I suspect we won't have to wait for SDL fall to settle this as I am sure all of these 04 teams will see each other in tournaments before then.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 11:28 am

Maybe liverpool had a bad game when they lost to DT south? Twisted Evil . You seemed to suggest they should be at the top and the loss at least suggest otherwise. Somehow i don't think you are stepping up for south out of the kindness of your own heart. You seem to have a little liverpool hateraid. Was it the coach? Loose a game to them somewhere? Snubbed by a parent on the team?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 08/03/11, 11:50 am

DoubleDD wrote: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hey you, what do ya see?

Sorry but that's GHEY
This is better:
Hey you! out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old, can you feel me
Hey you! Standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles, can you feel me
Hey you! don't help them to bury the live
Don't give in without a fight.
Hey you! out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone would you touch me
Hey you! with your ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out would you touch me
Hey you! would you help me to carry the stone
Open your heart, I'm coming home
But it was only a fantasy
The wall was too high as you can see
No matter how he tried he could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain.
Hey you! out there on the road
Always doing what you're told, can you help me
Hey you! out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall, can you help me
Hey you! don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 08/03/11, 12:03 pm

go99 wrote:Maybe liverpool had a bad game when they lost to DT south? Twisted Evil . You seemed to suggest they should be at the top and the loss at least suggest otherwise. Somehow i don't think you are stepping up for south out of the kindness of your own heart. You seem to have a little liverpool hateraid. Was it the coach? Loose a game to them somewhere? Snubbed by a parent on the team?

LP might have had a bad game, although as pointed out, DT South was ranked high not do to one game, but the entire tournament (LP scored 9-9, not very impressive for a #1 team, while DT South scored 14-8 ) and the fact that they had beaten Fever (the SDL Fever) in their last match.

I don't have a problem with LP... just a problem with some of the crazy parents (compounded when these parents are arrogant) on this board who relentlessly pound on those who are not here to defend themselves...

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 12:07 pm

TorquauyU wrote:
DoubleDD wrote: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hey you, what do ya see?

Sorry but that's GHEY
This is better:
Hey you! out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old, can you feel me
Hey you! Standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles, can you feel me
Hey you! don't help them to bury the live
Don't give in without a fight.
Hey you! out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone would you touch me
Hey you! with your ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out would you touch me
Hey you! would you help me to carry the stone
Open your heart, I'm coming home
But it was only a fantasy
The wall was too high as you can see
No matter how he tried he could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain.
Hey you! out there on the road
Always doing what you're told, can you help me
Hey you! out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall, can you help me
Hey you! don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.

I like Pink Floyd, think they are great, but this song does nothing to bring out the inner anger and hatred we soccer parents have.
Marilyn Manson does it so well that I've even added it to the playlist my DD's listen to before a game along with other greats such as NWA, Kool Moe Dee and Jonas Brothers.
IMHO (giggle) I'd have to say if Pink Floyd had played in the '04 group, then maybe we'd be able to see if they were so great....oh well. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 12:12 pm

Under the lights where we stand tall
Nobody touches us at all
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within, without
We're gonna take what's ours to have
Spread the word throughout the land
They say the bad guys wear black
We're tagged and can't turn back

You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover