North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 SDL Scores 10/2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 SDL Scores 10/2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

04 SDL Scores 10/2 Empty 04 SDL Scores 10/2

Post by mtorres 02/10/11, 03:47 pm

Post em

TX Black Gold Elite 04G Deleon (3 goals)
Texas Spirit North Red Polichetti (1 Goal)

Solar Chelsea White 04G Kennington (8 Goals)
TX Black Gold 04G Deleon (2 Goals)

mtorres
mtorres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

04 SDL Scores 10/2 Empty Re: 04 SDL Scores 10/2

Post by KSD 02/10/11, 06:18 pm

LFCA 04G Barnes 3 (we saw 4 goals go in but the ref only saw 3... Very Happy )
LFCA 04G Redknapp 1

This was a great game and essentially a rematch of Barnes v several Keegan players, some new Redknapp players, and one Dalglish player who played some hard core defense!

Well played by both Liverpool teams. Many more excellent games sure to come between these young ladies.

Last edited by kellersoccerdad on 03/10/11, 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/11, 06:31 pm

LP Keegan- 3
Cosmos Whitely- 0

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 02/10/11, 08:54 pm

I posted this in the match up's but will move it here to make it easier.

DTN-2
Solar-1

DTN held a much more aggressive game today against Solar. Solar's only goal was off a corner kick which was beautiful from their top forward. Their forwards & midfield's had a hard time getting past DTN defense & DTN goalie ROCKED today. I will give both teams big props for their passing game because both team did an excellent job on that. Solar held their own but wasn't as aggressive as DTN. Overall it was a good match up and equal in possession game in both halves with no clear winner in that area. DTN scored both their goals quick in the 1st half and went into 2nd half 2-0. Solar got their goal early in the early in the 2nd half and both teams just held each other off from that point on.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/11, 07:59 am

Fortunately, the aggression will be ovcome by skill in the next few years. Whenever I've watched DTN, one or two of their girls play with a snarl on their face.

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 03/10/11, 08:03 am

Master Bates wrote:Fortunately, the aggression will be ovcome by skill in the next few years. Whenever I've watched DTN, one or two of their girls play with a snarl on their face.

Actually, I don't think skill has a lot to to with winning 50/50 balls or chasing down the ball after its been lost. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your skill sessions don't go over this.

One team did this and one didn't, and it doesn't mean they are any less skilled.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 03/10/11, 08:11 am

Master Bates wrote:Fortunately, the aggression will be ovcome by skill in the next few years. Whenever I've watched DTN, one or two of their girls play with a snarl on their face.

First I didn't say the DTN players weren't playing with skills just they where more aggressive at getting the ball and fighting to keep the ball on their opponents end of the pitch. So they played more aggressively then Solar did. Both teams had great skills and used to to out maneuver their opponent at times. So, Skill wise these teams are equal but DTN yesterday went out there with guns a blazing and it showed. In the 44 mins of play I only remember 1 foal against Solar but I personally don't think it was intentional. It was 2 girls fighting for a ball and the defender just raising her arm up trying to shield herself & the ball. DTN just accidentally got a piece of said arm. No one was hurt and all was fine.

WOW! Saying a kid has a snarl on their face is just down right rude. How do you know it's a snarl and not a determined face? You don't know so don't judge and keep your rude comments to yourself. Evil or Very Mad

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/11, 08:51 am

Skill is used so you don't lose the ball - and, yes, snarls, brought on by one or two nut-job parents screaming from the sideline! Its not the girls fault, it's down to how they are wound up by their folks. Yes, most teams have a nut-job parent, I'm just telling you what I see and what I believe are one or two kids who are so pumped there could be an injury to an opposition player in the near future. I've been involved in this game for 30 years!

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 03/10/11, 09:05 am

I have to agree with you masterbates... lots of parents encouraging to be agressive. I have heard it from many coaches... eventually skills are what are needed at the older age groups. Unfortunately also, not only the parents some coaches are encouraging it.

the best thing is to concentrate on your DD and assure you know she is getting the correct training to make her successful and enjoy the game. Agressiveness is not the answer, perhaps being brave....
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/11, 09:08 am

......look at football, how many injuries do we see at school? Way too much aggression, not enough education on the real meaning of sports and fair play ... Anything for a win??

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 03/10/11, 09:13 am

Master Bates wrote:Skill is used so you don't lose the ball - and, yes, snarls, brought on by one or two nut-job parents screaming from the sideline! Its not the girls fault, it's down to how they are wound up by their folks. Yes, most teams have a nut-job parent, I'm just telling you what I see and what I believe are one or two kids who are so pumped there could be an injury to an opposition player in the near future. I've been involved in this game for 30 years!

If you have been involved in the game for 30 years than surely you are smart enough to realize that there was not a single dirty or over agressive play that put ANY kid in danger yesterday. I am a Solar parent and will even come to the defense of both of those teams yesterday.

As far as nut job parents, yes, they are everywhere. They will also grow in numbers as the girls get older. But calling out a 7 year old for having a snarl on their face is ridiculous. Get over it, we lost to a good team in a well played game.

I can't believe these 7 years olds don't have enought skill to lose the ball during a game? Are you serious? It happens 100 times a game and the team that gets to those balls first typically comes out ahead. Most of the time we win those balls, yesterday we didn't.

The compliments for opposing teams are so few and far between on this board. Let me be the first to say congratulations to Dalglsh, DT Rowdies and DTN. You have given our girls something to shoot for and they will be working hard to get better. These types or games are good for all these girls and we look forward to many, many more well played games.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 03/10/11, 09:19 am

Well said.... all good games... anyone could've pulled it off...
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 03/10/11, 09:47 am

slrsoccer wrote:
Master Bates wrote:Skill is used so you don't lose the ball - and, yes, snarls, brought on by one or two nut-job parents screaming from the sideline! Its not the girls fault, it's down to how they are wound up by their folks. Yes, most teams have a nut-job parent, I'm just telling you what I see and what I believe are one or two kids who are so pumped there could be an injury to an opposition player in the near future. I've been involved in this game for 30 years!

If you have been involved in the game for 30 years than surely you are smart enough to realize that there was not a single dirty or over agressive play that put ANY kid in danger yesterday. I am a Solar parent and will even come to the defense of both of those teams yesterday.

As far as nut job parents, yes, they are everywhere. They will also grow in numbers as the girls get older. But calling out a 7 year old for having a snarl on their face is ridiculous. Get over it, we lost to a good team in a well played game.

I can't believe these 7 years olds don't have enought skill to lose the ball during a game? Are you serious? It happens 100 times a game and the team that gets to those balls first typically comes out ahead. Most of the time we win those balls, yesterday we didn't.

The compliments for opposing teams are so few and far between on this board. Let me be the first to say congratulations to Dalglsh, DT Rowdies and DTN. You have given our girls something to shoot for and they will be working hard to get better. These types or games are good for all these girls and we look forward to many, many more well played games.

There are balls turned over numerous times. I think what Bates is saying, is not the fact that aggressiveness is not going to be needed, but over the next few years the ball control will get much better. The bad first touches and easy turnovers will decline. The skill will take over. I have seen it in the games already Dalglish has played against the 03's, DT South, Juve and again agaisnt the new Sting. These teams have great control of the ball. Even though Dalglish is very aggressive, the better ball control won out.
And yes, these tough close games ARE what all of these teams need win or lose. This is what pushes them and helps them develope. Just bc u may not end up with the W, doesnt mean you have failed. Its the quality of play and how they r learning. There will be plenty of time for score keeping and records on down the road.
I didnt get to see this game, but Im sure it was fun to watch. Both solid teams
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 03/10/11, 10:02 am

Does anyone have additional scores?
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/11, 11:12 am

Moosh, you are correct - I didn't watch the game yesterday but have seen all these top teams play and would say solar probably has the least aggressive parents. However, I stand by my statement about DTN and would put all the blame on coach and parents, not players. I have seen him go mad at other teamscoaches, boys and girls, when one of his players are fouled but I think he deflects some of his teams aggressiveness by doing this.

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 03/10/11, 11:29 am

Okay I am going to call myself out but I have to speak up. My dd has played with Solar (just left recently) & plays with DTN. Everyone on both teams will now know who I am. I try to avoid posting over here just due to solely I don't care about ranking teams at this age level.

Since I know both teams I think I can give more accurate feedback. Both teams have great skills & ball control. Both teams are aggressive and good at 1st touches, passing & cross overs. Solar is very strong up top when both center forwards are in. DTN has a super strong defensive line that is hard to penetrate. DTN has speed up top which helped us yesterday. Both teams used a lot of skills used yesterday. I was very impressed with both teams doing so yesterday. Solar & DTN are solid teams and this game could have gone either way at the end of the day. Like slrsoccer stated in yesterday's game there wasn't any dangerous plays from either team. They played good clean soccer.

As for MB comments about coaches teaching them to be aggressive. You can't teach a child to be aggressive. You can teach an aggressive child to play dirty but NEITHER of these coaches have or are doing so.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 03/10/11, 12:00 pm

Is fault removed from the coach when he does not correct an overly aggressive/dirty player? Not teaching it, but at the same time condoning the action on the field still leaves partial blame with the coach. Not speaking towards this game being discussed, but in general.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 03/10/11, 12:02 pm

I think i'm going to be sick if I read another post about aggressive physical play... seriously. Enough.

In soccer we want skill, speed, aggressiveness and as much of all of these as we can get.

There is a difference in playing aggressive and playing dirty. At the end of the day, the level of dirty play is DIRECTLY the fault of the refs end of story.

A player need not be taught to push, pull, and trip and will AUTOMATICALLY do these things when the refs allows the other teams to do it to them. 90% of dirty players learn that dirty play on the field. They learn it because the refs allow it.

That being said, I have seen maybe one or two actual dirty plays in all the 04 age group. I have seen MANY fouls resulting from aggressive plays on the ball that were incorrectly carried out, but this is GOING to happen as these kids learn to get takeaways cleanly. Were all of these fouls called? Of course not. That's sports for you.

Now are there bad refs? Yes of course... and perhaps the leagues can be doing more to review and correct poor officiating. That being said, let's quit accusing teams and players of trying to play dirty when in reality this is not happening in this age group at least.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/11, 12:06 pm

Shelby427 wrote:I think i'm going to be sick if I read another post about aggressive physical play... seriously.

Yet you won't be sick if you post your own thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 03/10/11, 12:10 pm

giggedy wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:I think i'm going to be sick if I read another post about aggressive physical play... seriously.

Yet you won't be sick if you post your own thoughts?

No... my own thoughts never make me sick...

95% of the time the "aggressive lack of skill team beat the more skilled team but the refs sucked" crap is pulled it just sounds like a sore loser crying.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 03/10/11, 12:11 pm

Futboler wrote:Is fault removed from the coach when he does not correct an overly aggressive/dirty player? Not teaching it, but at the same time condoning the action on the field still leaves partial blame with the coach. Not speaking towards this game being discussed, but in general.

I can say NEITHER of these coaches condone dirty play. The both show the player how to make the play they had intended clean & legally.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 03/10/11, 12:16 pm

It's grasping at straws at best. I just don't understand why people can't post "good game between two good teams."

Instead we have to listen to every reason in the world why a team lost or some negative comment about a team that beat our little princesses. If its not snarls on a couple of faces, its bad refs, free kick goals, corner kick goals, broken arms, too aggressive, parents are crazy and the list goes on and on.

Newsflash: this is soccer. Every game is going to see an overly aggressive player or two, some very skillful kids, some very athletic kids, bad calls, free kicks, corner kicks, goalkeeper mistakes, loud parents, loud coaches, good goals, cheap goals, etc.

This is a sport, a competition played by our little athletes. It's not a beauty pagaent and never will be.

The sour grapes comments need to stop. We all have he power to change it through our kids, but its never going to go away. With that being said, if and when I see a 7 year old purposely try and hurt another girl, then I will have no problem calling them out. Reality tells me these kids have no clue how to even accomplish that.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 03/10/11, 12:32 pm

lol! I am sure that eventually the 04s will get technical skills. Coaches know that at this age agressiveness wins games. Yes there are a couple of Coaches and Parents teaching this. Yes Refs are awful at calling it because soccer is a physical game. You know else... these SDL refs are not pros... sit back and enjoy your DD play Very Happy
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 03/10/11, 01:07 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:Does anyone have additional scores?

Look at you asking for scores in the scores thread?

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 03/10/11, 03:18 pm

let me just add that soccer coaches have to be smart to coach because games are won by strategy if you play an aggressive team you slow down the game make them change the way they play and you will win.If they have skill be more aggressive and don't let them use their skill ect.. It's sad to read how much parents don't know the beautiful game of soccer when you lose you lose when you win you win,it dosen't matter how it happens your not going to change it. that being said just go out and watch the game and enjoy it quit reading into every detail that dosen't matter like the other team won they were bieng to aggressive thats just part of the game.
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next