North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Michael Brown Tournament - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Michael Brown Tournament

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Michael Brown Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by OOrah 24/01/12, 06:24 pm

Too many fools are not brave enough to change when they can waiting for a miracle to happen on their team that is not improving. They stick to a coach full of excuses for misguided loyalty even tho they could help their kid. If a kid is not challenged because she is clearly the best on a mediocre team, shame on parents that don\'t make the decision and advance her. But but but she has friends! Sometimes making new friends is a good thing and expands her world people. Surprise, the next team has good DDs too, and better soccer.

OOrah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/01/12, 06:37 pm

javajake wrote:If someone has a girl on a team that is currently ranked outside the top 30 teams but they think she is D1 caliber, this tournament seems perfect for checking out teams in action and talk with some coaches that are "looking to fill out roster slots. I think I've seen posts for DT Moreno, Feet, FCD Renfro, DT Vigil, Polaris all looking to add players. These 5 teams are all playing making it a great weekend to check them out and see how they "feel" and all 5 are ranked in the top 20.

There is a lot of good teams needing girls...is this because there are just so many 02 Academy teams out there or because there may be "issues" with the team?

Last edited by soccernovice40 on 24/01/12, 07:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlsSoccerDad 24/01/12, 06:52 pm

OOrah wrote:
Too many fools are not brave enough to change when they can waiting for a miracle to happen on their team that is not improving. They stick to a coach full of excuses for misguided loyalty even tho they could help their kid. If a kid is not challenged because she is clearly the best on a mediocre team, shame on parents that don\'t make the decision and advance her. But but but she has friends! Sometimes making new friends is a good thing and expands her world people. Surprise, the next team has good DDs too, and better soccer.

OR...instead of following the Joe Jackson school of parenting, you could actually take into account the thoughts and feelings of your kid...but then I guess it is more about YOU being able to go to work on Monday and brag about your kid winning and "better" soccer, than it actually being just about your kid. Although, I guess if your DD is not "worldly" by the age of 10, they are just doomed to a life of mediocrity! Enjoy the tournament Joe...let us know how it turns out!

GirlsSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Larrythesoccerguy 24/01/12, 07:04 pm

GirlsSoccerDad wrote:
OOrah wrote:

OR...instead of following the Joe Jackson school of parenting, you could actually take into account the thoughts and feelings of your kid...but then I guess it is more about YOU being able to go to work on Monday and brag about your kid winning and "better" soccer, than it actually being just about your kid. Although, I guess if your DD is not "worldly" by the age of 10, they are just doomed to a life of mediocrity! Enjoy the tournament Joe...let us know how it turns out!

It sounds to me like you need to put your daughter in rec. If your daughter doesn't like to be challenged, then she shouldn't be in academy in the first place. There is nothing wrong with academy soccer but it's not a good fit for everyone. Sounds to me like you are the one making the parenting mistake. Your post reaks of jealousy toward any kid/parent that is on a top team.

Larrythesoccerguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OOrah 24/01/12, 07:46 pm

GirlsSoccerDad wrote:
OOrah wrote:

Sticks and stones dude. You missed the point so let me try again. If you have a straight A+ student in all advanced placement classes in high school that then knocks the ball out of the park on college entrance SATs, do you send her to UTEP where many of her high school buds are going and where she will graduate with perfect grades while not missing a single frat party, or do you try hard to get her into Harvard, Princeton or SMU (if you want her near home)? Even your 10 year old "gets" this basic fact of life.
OOrah
OOrah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlsSoccerDad 24/01/12, 07:58 pm

OOrah wrote:
GirlsSoccerDad wrote:
OOrah wrote:

Sticks and stones dude. You missed the point so let me try again. If you have a straight A+ student in all advanced placement classes in high school that then knocks the ball out of the park on college entrance SATs, do you send her to UTEP where many of her high school buds are going and where she will graduate with perfect grades while not missing a single frat party, or do you try hard to get her into Harvard, Princeton or SMU (if you want her near home)? Even your 10 year old "gets" this basic fact of life.

Exactly my point... I do not get her into school, I will not send her anywhere. Did your parents tell you where you were going to school? Did your parents get you into that school? Or did you do the work in school, have an idea of where you wanted to go and discuss this WITH your parents and come to an agreement WITH your parents based on different factors?

GirlsSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Michael Brown Tournament - Page 3 Empty Agree with you OOrah and not doing what's best for your own child...

Post by dfwsoccerdad9 25/01/12, 12:00 am

OOrah wrote:

Thank you for this post. One can get caught up in things (such a thinking they are being loyal to a team) and needs reminders that we are talking and working with kids and they are our kids. Talk with your dd and then be that supportive parent and do what's best for them. No not condoning overly pushing your child or forcing them, but making decisions as an adult to help your child and be there for your child. Thanks again OOrah for the kick in the pants.
dfwsoccerdad9
dfwsoccerdad9
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 25/01/12, 12:27 am

OOrah wrote:
I agree with you but as parents be prepared for some of your closest soccer parent friends to turn on you and literally hate the S out of you. I know a family that did it. Then they went back and one of the dads wanted to fight the dad that left and called him a effing p.
Just like people hooked on drugs need to get away from their mates to get away from the addiction you have parents that face the same repercussions and a lot of jealousy mixed in.
PS. Michael Brown is a S tourney
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TPRR 25/01/12, 07:18 am

Your right coachr. The jealousy by some parents is out of control. Not sure why some just can't let it go.
TPRR
TPRR
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/01/12, 07:45 am

02SuburbanSoccerDad wrote:Whoa...some interesting predictions here made with confidence!

TX Spirit over Rangel and FCD over Webb...while wouldn't shock me it would be a change based on what has happened in past. But FCD definately has the horses that is for sure. I also like Dynamo--another 'quiet' team who plays the right way.

My predictions for the tournys this weekend:
XARA-Finals
Texas Spirit North -1
LP St John- 2

Michael Brown- Order of Finish in Bracket
Gold-
1. FCD Premier(After what I witnessed this past weekend)
2. Solar Webb(see FCD Premier above)
3. Solar Dynamo(should handle Feet and Red)
4. Defeeters(getting better)
5. FCD Red(might be out of class....DT Moreno should be in gold)

Silver-
1. DT Moreno(Roll Tide Roll....will dominate by 4-5 goals per game)
2. Polaris(should have no problem with everyone but DT Moreno)
3. Sting East Dunstan(is 1 goal better than Vigil)
4. DT Vigil(should avenge the tie with Gutierrez from last weekend)
5. Sting East Gutierrez(gaining experiance)

Thats a pretty good prediction, just dont know about Moreno being 4 to 5 goals better than everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 25/01/12, 08:08 am

dfwsoccerdad9 wrote:
OOrah wrote:

Thank you for this post. One can get caught up in things (such a thinking they are being loyal to a team) and needs reminders that we are talking and working with kids and they are our kids. Talk with your dd and then be that supportive parent and do what's best for them. No not condoning overly pushing your child or forcing them, but making decisions as an adult to help your child and be there for your child. Thanks again OOrah for the kick in the pants.

WOw this post just became a snapshot of so many things all at once. Oorah is VERY right but not sugarcoated. Coachr is VERY right that the loyalty-to-the-bitter-enders will go from supposed friend to pissedoff in the blink of an eye. Jealousy be ugly. If you can't take that heat, go down with your current ship.

GirlsSoccerdad shows us why teams stay together at nearly $3 grand a kid / year and good potential kids get stuck in Plano D2 playing the game in slower-plenty-of-time-on-the-ball mode. GSD, 4th graders ain't had enough life lessons to make all the leadership decisions. At this age, NO kid puts their hand up and says yeah, I want to leave my friends and go to a new an unfamiliar team where practice, conditioning, and games are twice as hard and I'm no longer the star, because it will make me stronger and better.

My only point was that you could check out some top 20 teams with openings if you were looking.

TPRR, the jealous parents can't let go because their team and their own DD is no longer competing as well because your kid left. I've never seen anyone get mad when a poor performer quits the team. They would like to move too but are frozen up in indecision or fear of rejection. So they just get mad and those that left are easy targets.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4life 25/01/12, 08:11 am

I thought this thread was about the Michael Brown tournament!
soccer4life
soccer4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 25/01/12, 08:18 am

soccer4life wrote:I thought this thread was about the Michael Brown tournament!

You are right. Sorry about the distraction. People are too wound up about team changing with six months left. Seems to come up in every conversation. I guess I started it. My bad! Back to predictions?
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 25/01/12, 11:28 am

soccer4life wrote:I thought this thread was about the Michael Brown tournament!

Mike would roll his eyes and laugh.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by berserker13 26/01/12, 01:06 pm

my bold prediction:

1) FCD Premier
2) Solar Dynamo
3) FDC Red
4) Feet
5) SRSA
berserker13
berserker13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 26/01/12, 01:40 pm

coachr wrote:
OOrah wrote:
I agree with you but as parents be prepared for some of your closest soccer parent friends to turn on you and literally hate the S out of you. I know a family that did it. Then they went back and one of the dads wanted to fight the dad that left and called him a effing p.
Just like people hooked on drugs need to get away from their mates to get away from the addiction you have parents that face the same repercussions and a lot of jealousy mixed in.
PS. Michael Brown is a S tourney

You've been bashing the MB tourney all over the boards. did the tournament do something to you in the past? Or maybe did Michael Brown do something to you in the past? Who is Michael Brown and why do you hate him so much?

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 26/01/12, 02:18 pm

berserker13 wrote:my bold prediction:

1) FCD Premier
2) Solar Dynamo
3) FDC Red
4) Feet
5) SRSA

That seems a little low for SRSA 02 Webb. Did you already see the Kat post in the other forum thread? Who will coach this SRSA team this weekend? Same players?

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BROWNnoser 26/01/12, 05:51 pm

Anyone know how the fields are looking after the rain?

BROWNnoser
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 26/01/12, 05:58 pm

BROWNnoser wrote:Anyone know how the fields are looking after the rain?

Our team manager said games are on, per the tourney director.

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BROWNnoser 26/01/12, 06:12 pm

soccerdad19 wrote:
BROWNnoser wrote:Anyone know how the fields are looking after the rain?

Our team manager said games are on, per the tourney director.

Thank you!

BROWNnoser
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 27/01/12, 07:45 am

1) FCD Premier
2) Solar Dynamo
3) FDC Red
4) Feet
5) SRSA

This would be shocking and you would would win the boldest prediction ever that worked award! IMHO odds of this finish at 50 to 1.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/01/12, 07:57 am

javajake wrote:

1) FCD Premier
2) Solar Dynamo
3) FDC Red
4) Feet
5) SRSA

This would be shocking and you would would win the boldest prediction ever that worked award! IMHO odds of this finish at 50 to 1.
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 27/01/12, 09:35 am

Guest wrote:
javajake wrote:If someone has a girl on a team that is currently ranked outside the top 30 teams but they think she is D1 caliber, this tournament seems perfect for checking out teams in action and talk with some coaches that are "looking to fill out roster slots. I think I've seen posts for DT Moreno, Feet, FCD Renfro, DT Vigil, Polaris all looking to add players. These 5 teams are all playing making it a great weekend to check them out and see how they "feel" and all 5 are ranked in the top 20.

There is a lot of good teams needing girls...is this because there are just so many 02 Academy teams out there or because there may be "issues" with the team?

I think the issue is not "issues" with teams as much as fears by the tryout girl. When my older kid was on a struggling team trying out for a top team sounded scary. It was a big step to show up at someone other practice. Butterflies in the stomach. When I finally convinced her to try she found out it was no big deal and the new kids and coach were nice. But man it was a hard first step!!! She is now glad she did it and she is now more willing to try out for things at school not just soccer. It really turned out good for her.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/01/12, 10:21 am

Polardad02 wrote:
javajake wrote:

1) FCD Premier
2) Solar Dynamo
3) FDC Red
4) Feet
5) SRSA

Shocked

I think this weekend might be tough for SRSA. I wish them the best. With Katastrophie gone, good things are already happening for this team. I heard through the grapevine that some good players would now consider playing for SRSA. So, although their first weekend with a new coach and the shock of that might lead to less than expected play on the field, good things will happen for this talented team. Who knows, maybe they win the whole thing because they don't have to worry about making mistakes, and they can just play.

Katastrophie phrases no longer heard at 02 games:

Are you kidding me!
Really?!!!!
Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to play?
That's horrible!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gold digger 27/01/12, 03:48 pm

Tonights games 1-27-12

Webb 1-0 Dynamo
Renfro 2-1 Feet

Moreno 9-0 Sting East G
Polaris 2-0 Vigil

FCD(Ciro) 1-1 Thunder
Sting West O'Keefe 2-0 Swarm

gold digger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by That's what she said 27/01/12, 04:28 pm

gold digger wrote:
Tonights games 1-27-12

Webb 1-0 Dynamo
Renfro 2-1 Feet

Moreno 9-0 Sting East G
Polaris 2-0 Vigil

FCD(Ciro) 1-1 Thunder
Sting West O'Keefe 2-0 Swarm

Webb 3 - 2 over Dynamo
FCD 3 - 0 over Feet

Higg 3 - 0 over Sting East G
Polaris 2 - 0 over Vigil

It sure is nice of Higg to let some of the Bennett girls play this weekend.

That's what she said
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next