North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What is the best club for girls? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

What is the best club for girls?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What is the best club for girls? Empty What is the best club for girls?

Post by coachr 28/02/12, 09:22 pm

Let's have em!

Please no silly replies
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

What is the best club for girls? Empty Re: What is the best club for girls?

Post by Guest 28/02/12, 09:28 pm

1.Sting
2.Texans
3.Solar

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 28/02/12, 09:53 pm

2ddgotskillz wrote:1.Sting
2.Texans
3.Solar
what criteria did you use? Do you use size of club? National championships? Schollies avail?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 28/02/12, 10:24 pm

The best club for girls is the ones that do not have boys teams that take up field space and resources.

BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EPL Fan 28/02/12, 10:30 pm

2.Texans
3.Solar

I don't think the Texans are one of the top three, I question how much effort they put into the girls game. I would throw Liverpool in, they have grown over the last couple of years and seem to embrace the girls game.
EPL Fan
EPL Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT77dad 28/02/12, 11:06 pm

EPL Fan wrote:
2.Texans
3.Solar

I don't think the Texans are one of the top three, I question how much effort they put into the girls game. I would throw Liverpool in, they have grown over the last couple of years and seem to embrace the girls game.
The Texans should be #1 and sting a close 2nd with solar and Liverpool lagging way behind.
DT77dad
DT77dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 29/02/12, 01:16 am

DT77dad wrote:
EPL Fan wrote:
2.Texans
3.Solar

The Texans should be #1 and sting a close 2nd with solar and Liverpool lagging way behind.
What about andromeda?
What about FC Dallas? What about Fusion? What about Dfeeters? What about Mustangs? What about Force? What about Storm? What about Comets? What about Blackwatch? What about Mega?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/02/12, 04:59 am

I went off national championship wins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 29/02/12, 05:53 am

coachr wrote:Let's have em!

Please no silly replies

Best at what?

Different objectives and goals for your DD will give different answers.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sent to the Stands 29/02/12, 06:58 am

DT77dad wrote:
EPL Fan wrote:
2.Texans
3.Solar

We've been very happy with Sting. What in you opinion, makes the Texans "better"?

Please don't say it has something to do with a Man U affiliation
Smile
Sent to the Stands
Sent to the Stands
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Horrible_touch 29/02/12, 07:46 am

EPL Fan wrote:
2.Texans
3.Solar

I have been curious about this as well. I have not been around academy long so I was wondering what the feel for upcoming clubs like Liverpool is? Are they doing enough to make that move up into the upper tier? Maybe become an ECNL team?

Lately I have been looking into Sting and really like thier focus on developing girls. What has been your experience with them. They are a top ranked club and focus solely on girls. I would like to hear peoples feedback

Horrible_touch
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 29/02/12, 08:12 am

DT77dad wrote:
EPL Fan wrote:
2.Texans
3.Solar

Texans #1?? lol! lol!
Poster asked for no silly replies.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 29/02/12, 08:32 am

If you're looking to get money from colleges, there are 3 choices, Texans, Sting and Feet. Maybe FC Dallas will be there in a few years.

If you're just looking for a fun, low expectation experience, you can choose any of the others.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 29/02/12, 08:38 am

Sting!

Totally focused on their girls without a doubt.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/02/12, 08:42 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:If you're looking to get money from colleges, there are 3 choices, Texans, Sting and Feet. Maybe FC Dallas will be there in a few years.

If you're just looking for a fun, low expectation experience, you can choose any of the others.

So no other club has kids recruited?? That's crap.

LP has grown leaps and bounds, but Ill take quality over quantity. Sting, Feet, Solar, Texans are no brainers, but it still requires the effort by the coach, and especially the parents. Beyond the .5% out there that can just step on a pitch and be recruited it goes beyond just what club they are at, well beyond that.

Back to top Go down

Post by goalpatrol 29/02/12, 08:47 am

Go by the performance on the field, from the 95,96,97,98 teams it looks like it is Sting, Texans and Solar. When you get to the 99,00,01,02,03 and below it is obviously Solar, then big drop to Texans, Sting, FC Dallas and then follows Liverpool. Feet have steadily declined over the past 2 years to be obsolete. I know from from experience as I coached there for 2.5 years, Feet have lost there way.
goalpatrol
goalpatrol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 29/02/12, 08:48 am

DT77dad wrote:
EPL Fan wrote:
2.Texans
3.Solar

Let's get one thing straight here. The Dallas Texans are probably the worst club for girls by far. It is no secret that the top guy at the Dallas Texans can't stand the girls side of the soccer club or the parents that come along with the female players. The money carries more weight than his hate for the girls program. So he deals with it.(Not to mention it keeps his sorry boys program from falling on its face.) They can sit around and talk about all the kids they place in colleges they want. Simply put the players were and are going to college, because of Title IX. Not the smoke and mirrors of so called development of the Dallas Texans. I have had a kid go thru the system at the Texans from top to bottom. Once she got her college deal. It becomes really clear that you don't need the Texans or any other club for that matter to get a college soccer scholarship, or keep your kid busy. So with that being said. What is the best club for girls? Any club that is 100% female players is the best. I can only think of 3 at the moment that are all female teams.

Dfeeters
Sting (They are suspect for me. Due to the starting of Titans boys program.) Basically a drag and dead weight.
Polaris
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 29/02/12, 08:57 am

Polaris - how many National Championships have they won? Do they even have older teams?

Feet - Used to be a great program, lost its luster.

Sting - the best "All" girls club around by far - still not top dog.

None of these above clubs touch Solar or Texans, again based on their results. Everyone has an opinion, but results are solid and well don't lie.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 29/02/12, 09:10 am

BumpyPitch wrote:Polaris - how many National Championships have they won? Do they even have older teams?

Feet - Used to be a great program, lost its luster.

Sting - the best "All" girls club around by far - still not top dog.

None of these above clubs touch Solar or Texans, again based on their results. Everyone has an opinion, but results are solid and well don't lie.
Ok let's take the last year into account. Remember you are only as good as your last game in this business. That goes for coaches and players! Or if your dues are paid up to date!

Ok how many championships in the last year or so from North Texas? Please don't use u-17 and u-18 results when players and teams are not playing the best soccer they can because they are all being cautious not to get hurt before they goto college.
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli Fan 29/02/12, 10:02 am

STING

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 29/02/12, 10:12 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:If you're looking to get money from colleges, there are 3 choices, Texans, Sting and Feet. Maybe FC Dallas will be there in a few years.

Uncle - I agree with your assessment that if you wanted your daughter to win a college scholarship today that 5 years ago you definitely wanted your daughter playing for Texans, Sting and Feet.

Maybe this is a seperate string but are these 3 clubs still trending in the right direction? Not worrying about a scholarship today and instead a college scholarship 5 years from now, would you still pick the same 3 clubs? I know it's not fair to demand you see into the future but you did mention FC Dallas.

Which clubs are trending the right way? Are Defeeters trending downward? Have the Texans reached a saturation point? If Texans, Sting, and Feet are the top 3 clubs for the oldest age groups today... which will be the top three clubs for girls 3, 5, and 7 years from now? Will FC Dallas, Solar, Liverpool or some other club move into the top 3 spots during that time? Which clubs have the most momentum?

I know predicting the future is impossible but my DD is young so I'm more interested in what's on the horizon.

Last edited by bigtex75081 on 29/02/12, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by butt3r 29/02/12, 10:13 am

One that doesn't leave marks....
butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 29/02/12, 10:14 am

bigtex75081 wrote:

Uncle - I agree with your assessment that if you wanted your daughter to win a college scholarship today that 5 years ago you definitely wanted your daughter playing for Texans, Sting and Feet.

Maybe this is a seperate string but are these 3 clubs still trending in the right direction? Not worrying about a scholarship today and instead a college scholarship 5 years from now, would you still pick the same 3 clubs? I know it's not fair to demand you see into the future but you did mention FC Dallas.

Which clubs are trending the right way? Are Defeeters trending downward? Have the Texans reached a saturation point? If Texans, Sting, and Feet are the top 3 clubs for the oldest age groups today... what we be the top 3 clubs 3, 5, and 7 years from now? Will FC Dallas, Solar, Liverpool or some other club move into the top 3 spots during that time? Which clubs have the most momentum?

I know predicting the future is impossible but my DD is young so I'm more interested in what's on the horizon.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 29/02/12, 11:18 am

bigtex75081 wrote:

Which clubs are trending the right way? Are Defeeters trending downward? Have the Texans reached a saturation point? If Texans, Sting, and Feet are the top 3 clubs for the oldest age groups today... which will be the top three clubs for girls 3, 5, and 7 years from now? Will FC Dallas, Solar, Liverpool or some other club move into the top 3 spots during that time? Which clubs have the most momentum?

I heard that Mega hasn't graduated their first set of girls yet but 90% of their girls will receive scholarships and 50% will be full schollies. That's a great figure but I guarantee you that they aren't the right fit for a lot of girls.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 29/02/12, 11:19 am

coachr wrote:Let's have em!

Please no silly replies

May be this will help. Not absolute gospel but.......you get an idea.

National Soccer Club Ranking (Boys/Girls): http://www.nationalsoccerranking.com/club_rankings.htm

Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next