North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Academy Bar-Hopping?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many Academy programs has your DD spent at least 1 season with?

Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 22 ]
Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 10 ]
Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 53
Back

Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Empty Re: Academy Bar-Hopping?

Post by USA203 09/03/12, 03:36 pm

As long as you know the loyalty is a one way street. If your DD stops contributing or he finds someone better she loses playtime. Also, the other parents aren't going to be loyal to you. If they find a better opportunity they are gone, same with the coach. Your loyalty should be 100% to your DD, not the club, coach, team, or other parents.

Yup, I know. And I've seen some things happen to various friends. But if she changes teams it would be the same way on that other team. If she's a decent player and wants to play hard, there will be a team out there for her somewhere but I'm not looking for "making D1" or a specific high goal like that so it may be different for me/us. If things change and she goes back to rec, that's fine too. Just no cheerleading!!!

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 09/03/12, 03:46 pm

USA203 wrote:
As long as you know the loyalty is a one way street. If your DD stops contributing or he finds someone better she loses playtime. Also, the other parents aren't going to be loyal to you. If they find a better opportunity they are gone, same with the coach. Your loyalty should be 100% to your DD, not the club, coach, team, or other parents.

Yup, I know. And I've seen some things happen to various friends. But if she changes teams it would be the same way on that other team. If she's a decent player and wants to play hard, there will be a team out there for her somewhere but I'm not looking for "making D1" or a specific high goal like that so it may be different for me/us. If things change and she goes back to rec, that's fine too. Just no cheerleading!!!

Let's leave cheerleading out of this! Mcik17 has been there and back with the cheer thing and on a bright side the moms were hotter than the solar moms... and the events were inside and the winners got trophies. So apparently they kept score, which makes no sense now that I think about it... We keep score for cheerleaders but no score for SDL Soccer?

Speaking of Bar Hopping, I think it is happy hour! drunken

Last edited by FriscoSoccer05 on 09/03/12, 03:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 09/03/12, 03:48 pm

We stayed with her first team way too long because it was a "top" team.

MommaBear--would you mind explaining this a little more as to your own experience? Sometimes we see people post here that its better to play with a top team at Academy level because of the great practice, challenge, etc, and others say otherwise. Just curious!

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 09/03/12, 03:52 pm

on a bright side the moms were hotter than the solar moms...
Hmm, some of us might see that as a downside. All I know is I'M staying away from Solar now that I know their reputation because I want to continue to show up to practice in my old ratty sweatshirt, no make up, house slippers and curlers and not feel too out of place on the sideline Smile Smile Smile

Have a good happy hour (or two).

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/12, 05:05 pm

USA203 wrote:

MommaBear--would you mind explaining this a little more as to your own experience? Sometimes we see people post here that its better to play with a top team at Academy level because of the great practice, challenge, etc, and others say otherwise. Just curious!

This was OUR experience...it is different for everyone. My dd played on a very good team but starting in her 4th season with them and then continuing to her 5th, we noticed her confidence waning. She started being nervous and then made mistakes because she was afraid of making a mistake (if you know what I mean). The fun had gone out of it and it was like a job to her. Some kids handle the pressure just fine but being on a top five team can...for some... have so much expectations and pressure that they just don't enjoy it anymore. She was expected to be perfect and well, she's not, she is 10. She is sort of a sensitive soul and couldn't stand it when she was yelled at or pulled out for making a mistake. Some kids just let it roll off her back...not her. So we left and found a coach that could give the type of motivation that worked for her personality. Positive reinforcement and calm instruction. We should have left after the 4th season but we liked saying our daughter played for so and so... unfortunately our daughter paid the price for our pride. But she is on track now and with a good team that she had been able to contribute to and feel very good about herself and what she has accomplished. I have tremendous respect for the coach at her old team, he taught her a lot and has done amazing things with his girls but it was time for a change or I think she would have ended up quitting a game that she loves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer 09/03/12, 05:14 pm

mommabear wrote:
USA203 wrote:

This was OUR experience...it is different for everyone. My dd played on a very good team but starting in her 4th season with them and then continuing to her 5th, we noticed her confidence waning. She started being nervous and then made mistakes because she was afraid of making a mistake (if you know what I mean). The fun had gone out of it and it was like a job to her. Some kids handle the pressure just fine but being on a top five team can...for some... have so much expectations and pressure that they just don't enjoy it anymore. She was expected to be perfect and well, she's not, she is 10. She is sort of a sensitive soul and couldn't stand it when she was yelled at or pulled out for making a mistake. Some kids just let it roll off her back...not her. So we left and found a coach that could give the type of motivation that worked for her personality. Positive reinforcement and calm instruction. We should have left after the 4th season but we liked saying our daughter played for so and so... unfortunately our daughter paid the price for our pride. But she is on track now and with a good team that she had been able to contribute to and feel very good about herself and what she has accomplished. I have tremendous respect for the coach at her old team, he taught her a lot and has done amazing things with his girls but it was time for a change or I think she would have ended up quitting a game that she loves.

Your DD is fortunate that you have figured things out early.

Coaches are about the team first and foremost, and the players only to the degree that they benefit the team. There is nothing inherently wrong with that unless the coach trys to tell you otherwise. The good ones will be honest.

Old Timer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 09/03/12, 07:40 pm

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

Speaking of Bar Hopping, I think it is happy hour! drunken

Did somebody say happy hour?!

Academy Bar-Hopping? - Page 2 Munich-girls-oktoberfest-2010
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/12, 07:50 pm

Those are some nice beer jugs.. I mean mugs. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 09/03/12, 07:56 pm

Wow, serious beer drinking there!
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 09/03/12, 07:58 pm

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:Wow, serious beer drinking there!

Seriously planning on hitting Oktoberfest in Bavaria... it is on my bucket list. Hmmm... select fees or trip to Germany for Oktoberfest... hard decision... Razz
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/12, 08:08 pm

Bierluva wrote:

Seriously planning on hitting Oktoberfest in Bavaria... it is on my bucket list. Hmmm... select fees or trip to Germany for Oktoberfest... hard decision... Razz

Just as your coach to find a tournament in Germany. Problem solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 09/03/12, 08:09 pm

mommabear wrote:
Bierluva wrote:

Just as your coach to find a tournament in Germany. Problem solved.

You are my new friend... I like the way you think. Now to find tourneys at the end of September/beginning of October...

Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 09/03/12, 08:23 pm

Wow, thanks for explaining. I appreciate this. I have a perfectionist, who is doing okay right now but I watch for the anxiety. "We should have left after the 4th season but we liked saying our daughter played for so and so... unfortunately our daughter paid the price for our pride"--but you did listen (eventually) and were an advocate for your dd, you rock "MamaBear"!

As for all you beer people, I got nothin' I hate beer. Wine, though, that's another matter, straight from the ole' box.

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 09/03/12, 08:30 pm

USA203 wrote:

Wow, thanks for explaining. I appreciate this. I have a perfectionist, who is doing okay right now but I watch for the anxiety. "We should have left after the 4th season but we liked saying our daughter played for so and so... unfortunately our daughter paid the price for our pride"--but you did listen (eventually) and were an advocate for your dd, you rock "MamaBear"!

As for all you beer people, I got nothin' I hate beer. Wine, though, that's another matter, straight from the ole' box.

Box? Really?
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 09/03/12, 08:33 pm

Meiomi Pinot Noir
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 09/03/12, 09:16 pm

I am partial to Fat Bastard Merlot... Smile Also... Taylor Fladgate 20 yr Port.
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/03/12, 06:52 am

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:Meiomi Pinot Noir

fav Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 10/03/12, 10:21 am

Box? Really?

Spent all my money on soccer.

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 10/03/12, 11:02 am

USA203 wrote:
Box? Really?

Spent all my money on soccer.
cheers cheers
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 10/03/12, 11:33 am

USA203 wrote:

That's ok if you hate beer. We open our arms to the GLBT community. Society has treated you wrong for too long.
As the poets Michael Diamond, Adam Yauch, Adam Horovitz and Michael Schwartz would say " you like men and we like beer".
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2