North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

National Team.  Why not? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

National Team. Why not?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

National Team.  Why not? Empty National Team. Why not?

Post by santos.l.halper 13/03/12, 04:18 pm

Check out the USWNT player pool for 2011. Exactly 0 ladies from North Texas.

Click here

California has its fair share of representation. Florida, NY, and other states too.

As large as Texas is, and (more importantly) as competitive as we say our select leagues are (and I know we win national championships for NTX), WHY NOT any players in the USWNT pool?

Is it a genetic blip that is unusual and we usually have more ladies in the USWNT? Do we have a style of soccer that is not conducive to national team inclusion? Do we fail to do something that other states do? If so, what?
santos.l.halper
santos.l.halper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

National Team.  Why not? Empty Re: National Team. Why not?

Post by ChessNotCheckers 13/03/12, 10:44 pm

santos.l.halper wrote:Check out the USWNT player pool for 2011. Exactly 0 ladies from North Texas.

Click here

California has its fair share of representation. Florida, NY, and other states too.

As large as Texas is, and (more importantly) as competitive as we say our select leagues are (and I know we win national championships for NTX), WHY NOT any players in the USWNT pool?

Is it a genetic blip that is unusual and we usually have more ladies in the USWNT? Do we have a style of soccer that is not conducive to national team inclusion? Do we fail to do something that other states do? If so, what?

So many reasons why NTX falls short on this list. I will name a few key points starting with the least and note that this what I have experienced the years I played and what I'm noticing now. Clubs, especially Big Clubs care about the coaches producing good teams not, exceptional players, its more about quantity and not quality. The possession game is forced at such a young age the players themselves don't get the chance to play freely, experiment, or be creative. You wonder why the Europeans are 10 yrs ahead of us, their kids don't even play organized soccer until they are 12. California let's their academy system play 9v9 until they are 12, and yet U10 has to play 11 once they go select. It's not rocket science, small spaces guarantees plenty of touches, but its not the clubs fault all the time, parents and coaches are to blame too. Coaches are told by the clubs to focus on building teams that win games, point blank. I can say its almost true because most coaches only work on tactics, team strategy and rarley do 1v1s, 2v1s and letting the players know that you can dribble as much as you want, but use your teammates as help. I often see this with current coaches who played in the early 80s, late 90s, yes the old guys. Hopefully the new breed of new young talented coaches weave these guys out. Lastly as a parent its is your fault that your child can't take on a player and beat them skillfully with ease, because all you care is about being on a top team. Most of these parents think skills training is a waste of time and would never bother, because "Katie" has a starting spot and is the fastest kid on the field. So think about it, 5 years from now when your DD is the big, fast, strong kid that can't beat a defender or create chances for her teammates. At that point you are most likely looking for technical trainer to improve her first touch. Perfect example is our US Women's team. All they have is athletic players who can run for days on in and love to pass, pass, pass. If you are offended, watch the last world cup when they played Japan. Remember this is just an opinion.
ChessNotCheckers
ChessNotCheckers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/03/12, 07:37 am

Well said!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 14/03/12, 08:10 am

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:
santos.l.halper wrote:Check out the USWNT player pool for 2011. Exactly 0 ladies from North Texas.

Click here

So many reasons why NTX falls short on this list. I will name a few key points starting with the least and note that this what I have experienced the years I played and what I'm noticing now. Clubs, especially Big Clubs care about the coaches producing good teams not, exceptional players, its more about quantity and not quality. The possession game is forced at such a young age the players themselves don't get the chance to play freely, experiment, or be creative. You wonder why the Europeans are 10 yrs ahead of us, their kids don't even play organized soccer until they are 12. California let's their academy system play 9v9 until they are 12, and yet U10 has to play 11 once they go select. It's not rocket science, small spaces guarantees plenty of touches, but its not the clubs fault all the time, parents and coaches are to blame too. Coaches are told by the clubs to focus on building teams that win games, point blank. I can say its almost true because most coaches only work on tactics, team strategy and rarley do 1v1s, 2v1s and letting the players know that you can dribble as much as you want, but use your teammates as help. I often see this with current coaches who played in the early 80s, late 90s, yes the old guys. Hopefully the new breed of new young talented coaches weave these guys out. Lastly as a parent its is your fault that your child can't take on a player and beat them skillfully with ease, because all you care is about being on a top team. Most of these parents think skills training is a waste of time and would never bother, because "Katie" has a starting spot and is the fastest kid on the field. So think about it, 5 years from now when your DD is the big, fast, strong kid that can't beat a defender or create chances for her teammates. At that point you are most likely looking for technical trainer to improve her first touch. Perfect example is our US Women's team. All they have is athletic players who can run for days on in and love to pass, pass, pass. If you are offended, watch the last world cup when they played Japan. Remember this is just an opinion.

What? Cali teams play 11v11 at the younger ages as well (U10 and U11). There are Cali teams that play direct and possession (just like NTX). The implication that they're doing something different is wrong.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 14/03/12, 09:01 am

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:

Click here

If NTX system is for big, athletic players to run and pass, just like you described the US Womens team. How does that explain the lack of NTX players in the pool? By your reasoning, the pool should b flooded w/ NTX players.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/03/12, 09:05 am

Or may be just plain ol' politics, who knows scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 14/03/12, 02:23 pm

The fact is our North Texas players would be red carded within minutes of the start of the match! Due to our loose interpretation of the laws of the game. Which in return makes our players almost worthless in the international game.

BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 14/03/12, 04:57 pm

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:

Click here

Well, at least you got that right.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 14/03/12, 06:34 pm

Developing players at the national level doesn't happen by accident. 95% of the coaches in nxt are simply incapable of teaching the skills needed at the world class level. Not that they aren't great guys who can figure out a way to win on Saturday. Or get that Nat'l trophy. And the usysa or ecnl club system simply does not reward the 5% (I may be exagerating) that actually can. By 10 or so most ntx kids have learned all the skills they ever will. It's not because they quit practicing is it? Its because most coaches around here have run out of material. Like a teacher who only mastered algebra and is trying to teach calculas. You know what? His calc class looks a lot like algebra. They teach them to the basic skill level that they learned - and then that's it, the bag is empty, lets scrimmage. Not that a guy who played NTX, NCAA, or NAIA soccer can't figure out a way to win, he just has no clue what skills the top players need and if he recognizes them (few do) he doesn't know how to teach them. And lets face it most parents havent got a clue who can actually develop players, so there is no punishment (firing) for lack of technical teaching. When is the last time your coach demonstrated a high level skill to your kid? Ever show them how to bend the ball with the outside of their feet?, chest a 30 yd cross and volley it into the goal? With both feet? No? It's because he can't, and he can't tech gretchen how to do it either...
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 14/03/12, 06:46 pm

Great players don't learn how to play from coaches. Coaches only sharpen the skills a kid has learned on their own. If they haven't bothered to learn it on their own by having a ball at their feet 24/7 then forget it.
By "on their own" I mean away from the system.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ChessNotCheckers 14/03/12, 07:05 pm

DrSoccer wrote:Developing players at the national level doesn't happen by accident. 95% of the coaches in nxt are simply incapable of teaching the skills needed at the world class level. Not that they aren't great guys who can figure out a way to win on Saturday. Or get that Nat'l trophy. And the usysa or ecnl club system simply does not reward the 5% (I may be exagerating) that actually can. By 10 or so most ntx kids have learned all the skills they ever will. It's not because they quit practicing is it? Its because most coaches around here have run out of material. Like a teacher who only mastered algebra and is trying to teach calculas. You know what? His calc class looks a lot like algebra. They teach them to the basic skill level that they learned - and then that's it, the bag is empty, lets scrimmage. Not that a guy who played NTX, NCAA, or NAIA soccer can't figure out a way to win, he just has no clue what skills the top players need and if he recognizes them (few do) he doesn't know how to teach them. And lets face it most parents havent got a clue who can actually develop players, so there is no punishment (firing) for lack of technical teaching. When is the last time your coach demonstrated a high level skill to your kid? Ever show them how to bend the ball with the outside of their feet?, chest a 30 yd cross and volley it into the goal? With both feet? No? It's because he can't, and he can't tech gretchen how to do it either...

Great point. As I said before the old guys are slowly but surely disappearing into the mist. We want the guys who can teach not just one player but a whole team to play without leaning on every word that comes out of the coaches mouth. That's how players learn from the game and become creative. To everyone else I wasn't just talking about NXT, I was talking about the topic on a national level. It's not just NXT, its the entire USA on a broad scale. Glad they gave Kleinsmen a shot. My 00 tells me everytime she would rather watch La Liga, Serie A, English Prem, games than watch the USA WNT play. Why? "I can learn alot more from watching the guys play than the WNT, I already know how to do the basics" This coming from a 12 yrld who just make the ODP State Tm. She would rather watch the guys do skills or use technique that is rarely displayed by our WNT. Unfortunately this is why the USA will never produce a Messi, Ronaldo, Pele or Marta. We came close with MIA H, but she won't appear for several more years.
ChessNotCheckers
ChessNotCheckers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChessNotCheckers 14/03/12, 07:06 pm

coachr wrote:Great players don't learn how to play from coaches. Coaches only sharpen the skills a kid has learned on their own. If they haven't bothered to learn it on their own by having a ball at their feet 24/7 then forget it.
By "on their own" I mean away from the system.

cheers
ChessNotCheckers
ChessNotCheckers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/03/12, 10:34 pm

BackDraft wrote: The fact is our North Texas players would be red carded within minutes of the start of the match! Due to our loose interpretation of the laws of the game. Which in return makes our players almost worthless in the international game.

international matches are much more physical games than any around here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/03/12, 10:37 pm

I really think that us soccer has this one wrong! The selection process of players flawed or corrupted!

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 14/03/12, 11:22 pm

totalsoccer wrote:I really think that us soccer has this one wrong! The selection process of players flawed or corrupted!
Feel like playing with the big boys? I've emailed Sunil Gulati on multiple occasions are got a reply each time.
To save you a google search I'll go ahead and let you know that Sunil Gulati is in charge of US soccer. He is also a prof at Columbia.
skg21@columbia.edu
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 14/03/12, 11:51 pm

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:So many reasons why NTX falls short on this list. I will name a few key points starting with the least and note that this what I have experienced the years I played and what I'm noticing now. Clubs, especially Big Clubs care about the coaches producing good teams not, exceptional players, its more about quantity and not quality. The possession game is forced at such a young age the players themselves don't get the chance to play freely, experiment, or be creative. You wonder why the Europeans are 10 yrs ahead of us, their kids don't even play organized soccer until they are 12.

The possession game is not "forced" here at a young age. Very few of our winningest youth teams play possession soccer. I watched top boys players U14 to U19 at FCD College Showcase last weekend. One particular club had all teams playing the exact same style of soccer...and it looked just like their girls teams I've seen in the past. Possession? Not.

It is an American myth that top level international players don't play organized soccer until they are 12. This romanticized view that they became world class playing pick up with a cloth ball on a raggedy street lot with their buddies is a FARCE. By the time they are 12, the best of the best have already been identified and train regularly with professional clubs with real financial backing. There is no point simplifying the comparison to American kids. Yes they play more non-organized soccer than American kids, but they are also formally trained in professional systems at very early ages.

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:
California let's their academy system play 9v9 until they are 12, and yet U10 has to play 11 once they go select. It's not rocket science, small spaces guarantees plenty of touches, but its not the clubs fault all the time, parents and coaches are to blame too. Coaches are told by the clubs to focus on building teams that win games, point blank. I can say its almost true because most coaches only work on tactics, team strategy and rarley do 1v1s, 2v1s and letting the players know that you can dribble as much as you want, but use your teammates as help.

Unless you're talking about academy ages and younger, telling kids "dribble as much you want" isn't solving much of anything. Sophisticated players see the field and understand when to do what. If all you ever learned was dribble till you lose it or score, you won't compete at higher levels once defenders are just as quick/fast/strong as you.

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:
I often see this with current coaches who played in the early 80s, late 90s, yes the old guys. Hopefully the new breed of new young talented coaches weave these guys out. Lastly as a parent its is your fault that your child can't take on a player and beat them skillfully with ease, because all you care is about being on a top team.

A coach's age has nothing to do with anything. Some young coaches teach boot it str8 to the fast forward and some older coaches teach the beautiful game. I hate to dice up someone's opinions...but rubbish is rubbish. Very Happy

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:
Most of these parents think skills training is a waste of time and would never bother, because "Katie" has a starting spot and is the fastest kid on the field. So think about it, 5 years from now when your DD is the big, fast, strong kid that can't beat a defender or create chances for her teammates. At that point you are most likely looking for technical trainer to improve her first touch. Perfect example is our US Women's team. All they have is athletic players who can run for days on in and love to pass, pass, pass. If you are offended, watch the last world cup when they played Japan. Remember this is just an opinion.

Can't agree with this and IMO it's mostly bass ackwards.

1) I would bet "Most" kids on a top team do skills training...regularly. We may need to visit how you define "Top".

2) U.S. Women's team has plenty players who are pretty good at 1v1. What they do after they beat a player is the issue. If they had been playing possession soccer since they were young, like you claim, they would have the sophistication to do it well.

Japan actually DOES play possession soccer and IS pass, pass, pass. Japan has fewer players that show 1v1 in games than we do. The difference is their sophistication, 1st touch, movement and decision making. They can keep the ball under pressure (as a team). We can do it only against 2nd tier competition. This is not learned overnight and you don't learn it by being ball hogs from U6 to U18 with bigger/faster 1v1 players winning you games with solo effort.

PIA has done a great job pushing the USWNT to play a different style. They haven't mastered it yet, but if the trend continues the technical players will get rewarded.

3) Of course some of it is politics. A coach with TX roots took over and lo and behold TX is now well represented on the U23s.

The overall NTX style IS a problem, but a slew of very good coaches are building young teams that are technically stellar and not dependent on 1 fast forward to score all goals and 1 fast defender to kick everything out of bounds. I see more sophistication out of some younger teams than out of some teams currently being recruited for college. We will see more NTX girls representing on our national teams...it's just a matter of time.

Just an opinon Very Happy

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 15/03/12, 12:01 am

fourfourtwo wrote:
Ifyouonlyknew wrote:So many reasons why NTX falls short on this list. I will name a few key points starting with the least and note that this what I have experienced the years I played and what I'm noticing now. Clubs, especially Big Clubs care about the coaches producing good teams not, exceptional players, its more about quantity and not quality. The possession game is forced at such a young age the players themselves don't get the chance to play freely, experiment, or be creative. You wonder why the Europeans are 10 yrs ahead of us, their kids don't even play organized soccer until they are 12.

The possession game is not "forced" here at a young age. Very few of our winningest youth teams play possession soccer. I watched top boys players U14 to U19 at FCD College Showcase last weekend. One particular club had all teams playing the exact same style of soccer...and it looked just like their girls teams I've seen in the past. Possession? Not.

It is an American myth that top level international players don't play organized soccer until they are 12. This romanticized view that they became world class playing pick up with a cloth ball on a raggedy street lot with their buddies is a FARCE. By the time they are 12, the best of the best have already been identified and train regularly with professional clubs with real financial backing. There is no point simplifying the comparison to American kids. Yes they play more non-organized soccer than American kids, but they are also formally trained in professional systems at very early ages.

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:
California let's their academy system play 9v9 until they are 12, and yet U10 has to play 11 once they go select. It's not rocket science, small spaces guarantees plenty of touches, but its not the clubs fault all the time, parents and coaches are to blame too. Coaches are told by the clubs to focus on building teams that win games, point blank. I can say its almost true because most coaches only work on tactics, team strategy and rarley do 1v1s, 2v1s and letting the players know that you can dribble as much as you want, but use your teammates as help.

Unless you're talking about academy ages and younger, telling kids "dribble as much you want" isn't solving much of anything. Sophisticated players see the field and understand when to do what. If all you ever learned was dribble till you lose it or score, you won't compete at higher levels once defenders are just as quick/fast/strong as you.

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:
I often see this with current coaches who played in the early 80s, late 90s, yes the old guys. Hopefully the new breed of new young talented coaches weave these guys out. Lastly as a parent its is your fault that your child can't take on a player and beat them skillfully with ease, because all you care is about being on a top team.

A coach's age has nothing to do with anything. Some young coaches teach boot it str8 to the fast forward and some older coaches teach the beautiful game. I hate to dice up someone's opinions...but rubbish is rubbish. Very Happy

Ifyouonlyknew wrote:
Most of these parents think skills training is a waste of time and would never bother, because "Katie" has a starting spot and is the fastest kid on the field. So think about it, 5 years from now when your DD is the big, fast, strong kid that can't beat a defender or create chances for her teammates. At that point you are most likely looking for technical trainer to improve her first touch. Perfect example is our US Women's team. All they have is athletic players who can run for days on in and love to pass, pass, pass. If you are offended, watch the last world cup when they played Japan. Remember this is just an opinion.

Can't agree with this and IMO it's mostly bass ackwards.

1) I would bet "Most" kids on a top team do skills training...regularly. We may need to visit how you define "Top".

2) U.S. Women's team has plenty players who are pretty good at 1v1. What they do after they beat a player is the issue. If they had been playing possession soccer since they were young, like you claim, they would have the sophistication to do it well.

Japan actually DOES play possession soccer and IS pass, pass, pass. Japan has fewer players that show 1v1 in games than we do. The difference is their sophistication, 1st touch, movement and decision making. They can keep the ball under pressure (as a team). We can do it only against 2nd tier competition. This is not learned overnight and you don't learn it by being ball hogs from U6 to U18 with bigger/faster 1v1 players winning you games with solo effort.

PIA has done a great job pushing the USWNT to play a different style. They haven't mastered it yet, but if the trend continues the technical players will get rewarded.

3) Of course some of it is politics. A coach with TX roots took over and lo and behold TX is now well represented on the U23s.

The overall NTX style IS a problem, but a slew of very good coaches are building young teams that are technically stellar and not dependent on 1 fast forward to score all goals and 1 fast defender to kick everything out of bounds. I see more sophistication out of some younger teams than out of some teams currently being recruited for college. We will see more NTX girls representing on our national teams...it's just a matter of time.

Just an opinon Very Happy
Chill out dude. You almost burned me with that hot air. Pele didn't play organized soccer until age 11.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 15/03/12, 12:10 am

coachr wrote:Chill out dude. You almost burned me with that hot air.

You read the whole thing? My bad. I'll make my post longer next time.

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 15/03/12, 12:12 am

fourfourtwo wrote:

If it were longer I'd agree with you! Smile
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 15/03/12, 12:20 am

coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:

You do agree with me you just don't know it yet. Pele got started in the 1950s. The modern game is different. How old was Messi when he went pro? How old are the kids at Ajax when they first enter their system?

Talent is identified early and snapped up into formal training all over the world.

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 15/03/12, 12:30 am

fourfourtwo wrote:
coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:

You do agree with me you just don't know it yet. Pele got started in the 1950s. The modern game is different. How old was Messi when he went pro? How old are the kids at Ajax when they first enter their system?

Talent is identified early and snapped up into formal training all over the world.
Argentines are sent to clubs full time at a young age. Holland is a tiny country and kids are identified early. However, the favelas in Brazil, the slums of Colombia, the trailer parks of Naccadoches, the dirt patches of Ghana, etc are still churning out self trained kids.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 15/03/12, 12:41 am

coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:
coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:

Argentines are sent to clubs full time at a young age. Holland is a tiny country and kids are identified early. However, the favelas in Brazil, the slums of Colombia, the trailer parks of Naccadoches, the dirt patches of Ghana, etc are still churning out self trained kids.

Sure they are. And the manicured fields of PYSA rec is churning out self trained kids too. But the BEST young players are ID'd and formally trained...even in Ghana...especially in Brazil. It's business plain and simple. Talent scouts are global.

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fourfourtwo 15/03/12, 12:42 am

coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:
coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:

Sure they are. And the manicured fields of PYSA rec are churning out self trained kids too. But the BEST young players are ID'd and formally trained...especially in Brazil. It's business plain and simple. Talent scouts are global.

fourfourtwo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/03/12, 08:44 am

They are identified and trained, but they don't stick U8/U9 players on a full size pitch to play 11v11.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfans4u 15/03/12, 09:27 am

fourfourtwo wrote:
coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:
coachr wrote:
fourfourtwo wrote:

Sure they are. And the manicured fields of PYSA rec are churning out self trained kids too. But the BEST young players are ID'd and formally trained...especially in Brazil. It's business plain and simple. Talent scouts are global.

So who is the one ID'ing and formally training all of the BEST young players... or for our benefit our DD's in NTX?
soccerfans4u
soccerfans4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next