North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser

Post by RosiePalms 29/03/12, 01:33 pm

Shoot, I just left her a little sore and tired - I'll turn around go back to the corner and show her the thread.

RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser

Post by jj4mel 29/03/12, 01:44 pm

That has got to be one of the most tasteless responses I have seen on here.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 29/03/12, 01:54 pm

Bierluva wrote:Liverpool Programs:

Player programs
Coaching Education
College Program
Open Skills
Coaches Retreat
Coaches Gear
Equipment purchases
Tryouts
Hawaiian Falls
Field improvements
Field acquisition and development
Scholarships
Parent education

The reason the club does this fundraiser is to defray the costs of most of these programs.
How many other clubs pay to educate their coaches?
How many other clubs offer Academy open skills to their own players for no cost?
How many other clubs help their coaches buy equipment?
How many other clubs pay for fields if you want to scrimmage another team or club?
I can tell you... not many.

This club really cares about its coaches. They want to make sure they are getting their proper education so that your son or daughter is getting the best soccer education possible. They want to make sure that all the coaches are teaching from the same curriculum so the retreat is a great weekend for them to share ideas, techniques, and brainstorm to better that education for your child.

Need a field for a scrimmage... the club has your back. Why? Because this successful fundraiser allows the club to have the funds to rent that field for you. Have lit fields? We do. Need to build more fields because the club is growing like crazy? This fundraiser will help with that I am sure.

Sure beats setting up a car wash, selling candy, selling magazine subscriptions, frozen pizza, cookie dough....

This is our third year doing this with the club and we have repeat customers. How many of you out there actually have your neighbors knocking on your door asking if they are selling cookie dough again or if they can buy another magazine subscription?

I kid you not... it took my daughter one afternoon in her uniform to sell 16 flats. She is up to 21 now. So... $55 in her tourney account. Yep, $5 per flat over the required 10 goes into your tourney account. Not bad for a few hours of work and she can pay for 2 tourneys!

Now... this is not an official response from the club, but I am just giving you my observations as a parent who has been here since the Spring of 2010. I have seen the bennies of this fundraiser and my garden likes it too. Smile
I read your post but for some reason all I could think of is:

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 29/03/12, 02:03 pm

jj4mel wrote:That has got to be one of the most tasteless responses I have seen on here.
Dang it jj now I have to ask... How do you know it was tasteless? Sorry everyone. I'll be here all week.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 29/03/12, 02:06 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
butt3r wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:I hate fundraising. I don't even care what it's for. Don't even give me some crappy excuse. If I wanted a second job I would have applied for it.

When I was in my teens my select team had a fundraiser selling cookie dough. My mother was I charge of it so the expectations for my success were "a little high". She literally locked me out of the house one morning and told me to sell cookie dough to the entire nieghborhood. I was not allowed to come back until dinner time. She even packed me a small lunch so I wouldn't have to come back in the middle of the day. I remember that I sold a couple thousand dollars dollars of cookie dough that day. I hated every minute of it. I sold 10X more cookie dough than anyone else on our team.

Did I get a percentage? All I got in return was a "Good job." from my coach at the end of our next practice. (He was probably already calculating the new income in his head.) I saw none of that money ANDDDDDDD as an added bonus I had to walk back through my neighborhood a couple weeks later delivering a couple hundred pounds of cookie dough.

That experience has turned my off to fundraising entirely. I hate it. Good luck to you with this thing though. I'm sure your experience will be a lot more fun.

ROFL... this is a HILLARIOUS story. Surely it gets a few laughs and is less traumatic all these years later.

Reads like a scene from a movie.

Or it shows how he was always lazy. I bet he went by coachr's house and got sucked into a debate about flowers and how they're ruining the landscape. He probably also caught a water balloon in the face by a BMX Blank77 drive by.
You all can go ahead and make fun of me. Shortly after that experience I made myself keenly aware of the child labor laws in Texas and I made sure my mother knew it.

Don't tell my daughter about those... I have informed her she better sell 30 of these suckers or I am selling her ipod to help fund her soccer and puppy expenses.
lol!

As a final footnote to my story, you should all know that I loved my mom just a little bit less after that day. (And I do hope my mom somehow ends up reading this.)
Brothers got to hug!
I feel for you. I hope you are like me and avoided HOAs. Most soccer folks don't mind grabbing ankles. They can't help it. It's their nature.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 29/03/12, 02:08 pm

That has got to be one of the most unrelated responses I have seen on here.
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 29/03/12, 02:20 pm

coachr wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
butt3r wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:I hate fundraising. I don't even care what it's for. Don't even give me some crappy excuse. If I wanted a second job I would have applied for it.

When I was in my teens my select team had a fundraiser selling cookie dough. My mother was I charge of it so the expectations for my success were "a little high". She literally locked me out of the house one morning and told me to sell cookie dough to the entire nieghborhood. I was not allowed to come back until dinner time. She even packed me a small lunch so I wouldn't have to come back in the middle of the day. I remember that I sold a couple thousand dollars dollars of cookie dough that day. I hated every minute of it. I sold 10X more cookie dough than anyone else on our team.

Did I get a percentage? All I got in return was a "Good job." from my coach at the end of our next practice. (He was probably already calculating the new income in his head.) I saw none of that money ANDDDDDDD as an added bonus I had to walk back through my neighborhood a couple weeks later delivering a couple hundred pounds of cookie dough.

That experience has turned my off to fundraising entirely. I hate it. Good luck to you with this thing though. I'm sure your experience will be a lot more fun.

ROFL... this is a HILLARIOUS story. Surely it gets a few laughs and is less traumatic all these years later.

Reads like a scene from a movie.

Or it shows how he was always lazy. I bet he went by coachr's house and got sucked into a debate about flowers and how they're ruining the landscape. He probably also caught a water balloon in the face by a BMX Blank77 drive by.
You all can go ahead and make fun of me. Shortly after that experience I made myself keenly aware of the child labor laws in Texas and I made sure my mother knew it.

Don't tell my daughter about those... I have informed her she better sell 30 of these suckers or I am selling her ipod to help fund her soccer and puppy expenses.
lol!

As a final footnote to my story, you should all know that I loved my mom just a little bit less after that day. (And I do hope my mom somehow ends up reading this.)
Brothers got to hug!
I feel for you. I hope you are like me and avoided HOAs. Most soccer folks don't mind grabbing ankles. They can't help it. It's their nature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTRFvZ_Cp4 I love that Tommy Boy!!!
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 29/03/12, 03:03 pm

I have 3 dds that have played for multiple teams...some big and some small and Liverpool is the most expensive one.

Texans- $270 per quarter comes out to about $1150 per year and this includes all league fees(SDL, PTCL, indoor) and 2 tournys a year. Uniforms not included. Friday night skills included.

FCD- $550 every six months comes out to about $1100 per year and that includes league fees for spring and fall seasons. Parents pay for tournys. Uniforms not included. La Liga on Sundays for anyone no matter what club your on...just bring your kid.

Liverpool- $90 a month coaching fee comes out to about $1080. Parents also have to pay for all league fee's which is usually about $60 per season(spring and fall) and about $40 per season(winter and summer indoor/futsal). $7 admin fee per yr. Uniforms not included. Parents pay for all tournys. Total cost in coaching fees/league fees/admin fee equals $1287 and this doesn't include the fundraisor. Friday night skills included.

As you can see Liverpool is already about $137(Texans) and $187(FCD) more expensive and that's before the fundraisor/$100 buyout. Some of the other smallest clubs are even cheaper than these clubs. I'm not sure what Solar or Defeeters charge as my dds have never played for them.

Now the $187($287 including buyout) a year is not going to make me take my dd off her Liverpool team because she loves her team and adores her coach. But, I just wanted to get all the facts strait.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/03/12, 03:26 pm

RoidRage wrote:I have 3 dds that have played for multiple teams...some big and some small and Liverpool is the most expensive one.

Texans- $270 per quarter comes out to about $1150 per year and this includes all league fees(SDL, PTCL, indoor) and 2 tournys a year. Uniforms not included. Friday night skills included.

FCD- $550 every six months comes out to about $1100 per year and that includes league fees for spring and fall seasons. Parents pay for tournys. Uniforms not included. La Liga on Sundays for anyone no matter what club your on...just bring your kid.

Liverpool- $90 a month coaching fee comes out to about $1080. Parents also have to pay for all league fee's which is usually about $60 per season(spring and fall) and about $40 per season(winter and summer indoor/futsal). $7 admin fee per yr. Uniforms not included. Parents pay for all tournys. Total cost in coaching fees/league fees/admin fee equals $1287 and this doesn't include the fundraisor. Friday night skills included.

As you can see Liverpool is already about $137(Texans) and $187(FCD) more expensive and that's before the fundraisor/$100 buyout. Some of the other smallest clubs are even cheaper than these clubs. I'm not sure what Solar or Defeeters charge as my dds have never played for them.

Now the $187($287 including buyout) a year is not going to make me take my dd off her Liverpool team because she loves her team and adores her coach. But, I just wanted to get all the facts strait.

Well heck, I got robbed. Dues/required skills/tournaments/league fees, I paid about $1,730+ last year. Doesn't count futsal or uniforms. No required fundraiser however.

Back to top Go down

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 2 Empty fees

Post by imasoccerfreak 29/03/12, 03:32 pm

SOlar costs are the same as Liverpool...$90 per month, and that's just for coaching. The coaches get no education, or even support in my opinion, and depending on which region of Solar your team is with (North, Dallas, Tarrant, etc) skills are a joke.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 29/03/12, 03:34 pm

soccerobsessed wrote:
RoidRage wrote:I have 3 dds that have played for multiple teams...some big and some small and Liverpool is the most expensive one.

Well heck, I got robbed. Dues/required skills/tournaments/league fees, I paid about $1,730+ last year. Doesn't count futsal or uniforms. No required fundraiser however.

I didn't include tournys or private skills. Only the Texans included 2 tournys in fees....all other clubs you had to pay extra for them.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 29/03/12, 03:34 pm

soccerobsessed wrote:

What club?

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 29/03/12, 03:41 pm

RoidRage wrote:
soccerobsessed wrote:

What club?
Jaguar Gold
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 29/03/12, 04:10 pm

I have been part of various clubs with my kids. Liverpool is by far the worst. Yes, they pay their coaches the most...and give them some training (others do too)...but it is all at the expense of the parents. They are not looking out for the kids. They are soley looking out for themselves and their ability to get the most coaches and the most money for their club. Liverpool acts like a greedy franchise. If they were really a football club, they wouldn't be sitting with multiple teams in a single age group with 2/3 of them looking for players. I have never been so dissatisfied with a soccer club. As for the fund raiser...what a bunch of crap! I'd love to know whose brother owns the landscaping company....

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 29/03/12, 04:44 pm

Oh yes.... I forgot about the RASE program. Lets also get people to pay 110.00 for a jersey so they can do what is supposed to be a FREE weekly skills session at other clubs. What a joke! If the club has to offer a SPECIAL program to push the more advanced players...something is wrong! It's just more money!! money money money...shame on Liverpool!

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/03/12, 04:52 pm

I did the Liverpool RASE program and I was impressed with the level of coaches. Coaches who have coached in the FA cup, won natinal championships coaching at the D1 college level etc. Very nice for 8 yr old skills. I don't believe in paying for a coaches education however. It is his career to develop not mine. Absolutely hate ALL fundraisers
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 29/03/12, 04:59 pm

Wow, sickofit...cynical much? I'm pretty sure Liverpool has a separate skills program outside of RASE. Public schools do this all the time - it's called differentiated instruction, or meeting the needs of all students (in this case - players). Now, an argument could probably be made that the "exclusivity" of it is a marketing pitch to parental ego. But outside of that, it's a good idea.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 29/03/12, 05:08 pm

The only coaches there were club coaches...nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps last season was different.

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/03/12, 05:33 pm

there are free skills that are seperate from the RASE program. All club coaches are not equal
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 29/03/12, 06:06 pm

go99 wrote:there are free skills that are seperate from the RASE program. All club coaches are not equal

Look... however you put it Liverpool is doing the Marketing thing well. They have more teams in some age groups than many rec associations have in those same age groups. Of course in reality, most of those teams are playing rec level ball... but still you can't deny the growth and talent pool it gives to pull from to create their super-teams.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/03/12, 06:19 pm

"I have been part of various clubs with my kids. Liverpool is by far the worst. Yes, they pay their coaches the most...and give them some training (others do too)...but it is all at the expense of the parents. They are not looking out for the kids. They are soley looking out for themselves and their ability to get the most coaches and the most money for their club. Liverpool acts like a greedy franchise. If they were really a football club, they wouldn't be sitting with multiple teams in a single age group with 2/3 of them looking for players. I have never been so dissatisfied with a soccer club. As for the fund raiser...what a bunch of crap! I'd love to know whose brother owns the landscaping company...."

pulezze get a grip

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 30/03/12, 12:06 am

sickofit wrote:I have been part of various clubs with my kids. Liverpool is by far the worst. Yes, they pay their coaches the most...and give them some training (others do too)...but it is all at the expense of the parents. They are not looking out for the kids. They are soley looking out for themselves and their ability to get the most coaches and the most money for their club. Liverpool acts like a greedy franchise. If they were really a football club, they wouldn't be sitting with multiple teams in a single age group with 2/3 of them looking for players. I have never been so dissatisfied with a soccer club. As for the fund raiser...what a bunch of crap! I'd love to know whose brother owns the landscaping company....

Better pay, better coaches (typically). Like in most businesses, they want their employees to improve. Why not help them pay for their training? Some companies pay 50% to 100% if you successfully pass a certification or earn a higher level degree... as long as you stay with the company so the can recoup that "cost". I am sure it is the same way at the club. Tuition reimbursement was a reason why I chose to work for a company... why wouldn't a coach look to Liverpool if they can further their education while at the club? Why wouldn't you want your coach with a D license to go for the C and then all the way up to A? It is better for the club and it is better for the most important part... the player. How do businesses pay for this? From the money that they make from their customer or clients. Hey, guess what peeps... you are the customer or clients. So yeah... you are paying for it. Surprise.

How could they not be looking out for the kids? If this really young club starts producing great players and helps them get into higher levels of play... how is that not looking out for the kids? Some new programs just started within the last year to help players improve themselves and also have the opportunity to work with DIV I, II, III, and NAIA coaches. Awesome curricula has been written to make sure all coaches are on the same page and teaching soccer the Liverpool way. The College Advisory board is another great thing. Few clubs have one... actually do any other clubs have a College Advisory Board (I don't know really)?

Without the kids, there is no club. I scoured the boards and notice a lot of teams from other clubs looking for players. Yes, I posted for some time for our team, but I see a lot from a few other clubs. EVERYONE is always looking for players. That seems to be the nature of Academy soccer. So I don't know where you are getting your 2/3s number...

Basically, no business or organization can make EVERYONE happy. Apparently, sickofit, wasn't the right fit. It happens.
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 30/03/12, 02:21 am

Bierluva wrote:
sickofit wrote:I have been part of various clubs with my kids. Liverpool is by far the worst. Yes, they pay their coaches the most...and give them some training (others do too)...but it is all at the expense of the parents. They are not looking out for the kids. They are soley looking out for themselves and their ability to get the most coaches and the most money for their club. Liverpool acts like a greedy franchise. If they were really a football club, they wouldn't be sitting with multiple teams in a single age group with 2/3 of them looking for players. I have never been so dissatisfied with a soccer club. As for the fund raiser...what a bunch of crap! I'd love to know whose brother owns the landscaping company....

Better pay, better coaches (typically). Like in most businesses, they want their employees to improve. Why not help them pay for their training? Some companies pay 50% to 100% if you successfully pass a certification or earn a higher level degree... as long as you stay with the company so the can recoup that "cost". I am sure it is the same way at the club. Tuition reimbursement was a reason why I chose to work for a company... why wouldn't a coach look to Liverpool if they can further their education while at the club? Why wouldn't you want your coach with a D license to go for the C and then all the way up to A? It is better for the club and it is better for the most important part... the player. How do businesses pay for this? From the money that they make from their customer or clients. Hey, guess what peeps... you are the customer or clients. So yeah... you are paying for it. Surprise.

How could they not be looking out for the kids? If this really young club starts producing great players and helps them get into higher levels of play... how is that not looking out for the kids? Some new programs just started within the last year to help players improve themselves and also have the opportunity to work with DIV I, II, III, and NAIA coaches. Awesome curricula has been written to make sure all coaches are on the same page and teaching soccer the Liverpool way. The College Advisory board is another great thing. Few clubs have one... actually do any other clubs have a College Advisory Board (I don't know really)?

Without the kids, there is no club. I scoured the boards and notice a lot of teams from other clubs looking for players. Yes, I posted for some time for our team, but I see a lot from a few other clubs. EVERYONE is always looking for players. That seems to be the nature of Academy soccer. So I don't know where you are getting your 2/3s number...

Basically, no business or organization can make EVERYONE happy. Apparently, sickofit, wasn't the right fit. It happens.

cheers cheers
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 30/03/12, 02:37 am

Bierluva wrote:

You must have "Merseyside" tattooed on your forehead.
You may be sick of it but I'm fed up. I can't be dealing with this.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/03/12, 06:36 am

Bierluva wrote:

Is there a policy in place that requires the coaches to partake in the career advancement? As with most employers that offer it, it is not mandatory and in most cases only cover a portion of the the cost. Does Liverpool take any action to "prod" that coach who has sat stale with the same D license for the last 3 years to move and improve?

If all that is taking place and they are mandating their coaches to improve then kuddos to Liverpool. Anyone noticed the coaches profiles updating with newly attained coaching licenses and courses attended? Maybe that is a page they could add to their site... make things a bit more transparent to the consumer for this quickly expanding club.

Back to top Go down

Post by DDx3 30/03/12, 07:29 am

Had a daughter that once played for LP. Great coaches and programs but all the fees really stunk. They had admin fees, fund raiser fees, extra skill fees, and etc. I would have rather them just charge me extra up front instead of hitting me with all the fees throughout the year.

DDx3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next