North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser

Post by soccerpop76 30/03/12, 11:38 am

I didn't mention the club name in my posting, but only Liverpool parents and coaches on the defensive. Wow...feeling a little guilty about something?

soccerpop76
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/03/12, 11:40 am

Exitmiester wrote:Uncle Numanga, Your information about Liverpool 94 players is incorrect. The club has 11 committed players to play college soccer next year. While they are not Division 1 programs they are important to the players attending these programs.All Liverpool 94 girls players ( 94 and 94 Red ) that wanted to play in college have found a home.

The Board was instrumental in the signing of 3 of these players.

FYI

I stand corrected. I got my information from: https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/. Is your list posted somewhere?

It's the most complete information I have found.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 30/03/12, 11:56 am

copa44 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:You dont HAVE to do it

You're right, you don't. However if you don't it "reflects poorly on your coach" (response from LP to a parent who refused to participate). It also makes you look like an ass to the rest of the team. If my kid can sell 10 flats, and the kid who joined a week after the fundraiser started can sell 10 flats, and all the rest of the kids on the team can sell 10 flats then your refusal to support it makes it pretty apparent you don't support your team. For kids who don't support their team it's not a stretch for the team not to support the kid - it shows a lack of commitment.
For the record I can't stand fundraisers but this one is actually a pretty easy one. The product is good, it's something many people need now anyway, the price is competitive, and it's delivered to your door so you don't have to schlep down to Home Depot to pick it up and get dirt all over your car. As others have said LP could just roll it into fees and not do fundraisers, however I know some parents on my team welcomed the opportunity to offset some of their fees with the fundraising dollars, they appreciate $90 vs $100 a month.
You've betrayed your instincts for the wants of others. At a very base level you have failed to teach your dd not to jump off the cliff if all the others are doing it
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 30/03/12, 12:01 pm

Magic! wrote:I hear ya Copa44 and totally understand your point. I guess I'm just saying that we all have choices...clubs like LP are marketing machines where it's can be more about sheer numbers than quality product on the pitch...all expenses are passed to the parents. And as far as questioning a player's committment due to low sales volumes, it just rubs me wrong. I want my dd committed to developing and loving the game...not the almighty "club", who at the end of the day tends to create super team anyway. Admit it or not, parents are forced to play a game within these clubs to position our dd's as "committed". The whole process is bassckwards compared to the rest of the other soccer environments.
Your instincts are true. Liverpool coaches are few in number but they control many more. If the majority stood up for themselves then they could crush that scouse tyranny.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 30/03/12, 12:15 pm

coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 30/03/12, 02:05 pm

Shelby427 wrote:Personally, I agree with doing fundraisers that don't involve my kid selling stuff. Between all of the school fundraisers my kid is going to be able to list 8 years of door to door/bug-your-friends-and-family-to-death sales experience by the time they are a senior in high school. This is a perfect setup for a career in multi-level marketing.

Also, LP is charging more or as much as clubs who have entire teams committed to colleges by end of their junior year in high school. So in many ways that have an inferior product when it comes to select still they are growing. They know how to sell as I said before.

But who knows, perhaps their strategy for national recognition is to simply outsize all of the other clubs... something they are well on their way to doing.

Coming soon...

"Liverpool... largest soccer club in the United States". Boom... instant national recognition.

It is interesting how they are able to break into a market having less prestige yet charging as much or more. Usually a company breaking in will offer more for less to establish and grow. Doesn't seem they have to.

What remains to be seen is their ability to retain the volume of teams, as the teams get into the older age groups. Team results, player placement and parental experience may become more of a determining factor than marketing capabilities.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 30/03/12, 02:17 pm

Exitmiester wrote:Uncle Numanga, Your information about Liverpool 94 players is incorrect. The club has 11 committed players to play college soccer next year. While they are not Division 1 programs they are important to the players attending these programs.All Liverpool 94 girls players ( 94 and 94 Red ) that wanted to play in college have found a home.

The Board was instrumental in the signing of 3 of these players.

FYI

Very nicely worded.

Our experience is that almost any player from any team in any league that wants to get committed can do so at some school somewhere if they want to look hard enough.

Let's not confuse committing with receiving any $ at all to play.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ticketgod5150 04/04/12, 12:49 am

Bierluva wrote:
Androfan wrote:
Bierluva wrote:
sickofit wrote:I have been part of various clubs with my kids. Liverpool is by far the worst. Yes, they pay their coaches the most...and give them some training (others do too)...but it is all at the expense of the parents. They are not looking out for the kids. They are soley looking out for themselves and their ability to get the most coaches and the most money for their club. Liverpool acts like a greedy franchise. If they were really a football club, they wouldn't be sitting with multiple teams in a single age group with 2/3 of them looking for players. I have never been so dissatisfied with a soccer club. As for the fund raiser...what a bunch of crap! I'd love to know whose brother owns the landscaping company....

Better pay, better coaches (typically). Like in most businesses, they want their employees to improve. Why not help them pay for their training? Some companies pay 50% to 100% if you successfully pass a certification or earn a higher level degree... as long as you stay with the company so the can recoup that "cost". I am sure it is the same way at the club. Tuition reimbursement was a reason why I chose to work for a company... why wouldn't a coach look to Liverpool if they can further their education while at the club? Why wouldn't you want your coach with a D license to go for the C and then all the way up to A? It is better for the club and it is better for the most important part... the player. How do businesses pay for this? From the money that they make from their customer or clients. Hey, guess what peeps... you are the customer or clients. So yeah... you are paying for it. Surprise.

How could they not be looking out for the kids? If this really young club starts producing great players and helps them get into higher levels of play... how is that not looking out for the kids? Some new programs just started within the last year to help players improve themselves and also have the opportunity to work with DIV I, II, III, and NAIA coaches. Awesome curricula has been written to make sure all coaches are on the same page and teaching soccer the Liverpool way. The College Advisory board is another great thing. Few clubs have one... actually do any other clubs have a College Advisory Board (I don't know really)?

Without the kids, there is no club. I scoured the boards and notice a lot of teams from other clubs looking for players. Yes, I posted for some time for our team, but I see a lot from a few other clubs. EVERYONE is always looking for players. That seems to be the nature of Academy soccer. So I don't know where you are getting your 2/3s number...

Basically, no business or organization can make EVERYONE happy. Apparently, sickofit, wasn't the right fit. It happens.

Is there a policy in place that requires the coaches to partake in the career advancement? As with most employers that offer it, it is not mandatory and in most cases only cover a portion of the the cost. Does Live action to "prod" that coach who has sat stale with the same D license for the last 3 years to move and improve?

If all that is taking place and they are mandating their coaches to improve then kuddos to Liverpool. Anyone noticed the coaches profiles updating with newly attained coaching licenses and courses attended? Maybe that is a page they could add to their site... make things a bit more transparent to the consumer for this quickly expanding club.

Good question and a valid suggestion!

Check out the turnover on the LP coaches in 2 years. The coaches are top notch...organization...not so much. Also look at the teams that have been in the organization for a long time. There arent a whole lot of team that have had a long time in the program. At the beginning of the season they had 2 or 3 99 teams. Now they have more.....4-6 I think. Just shows that the organization is adept at luring coaches to bring their teams over but they dont stay. This club was top heavy and bottom heavy....meaning lots of young teams and lots of older teams...the middle not so much.

ticketgod5150
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamethrower 04/04/12, 12:57 am

The LP coaches need to be on high alert.. LP or PB just leased another arena and sunk a ton of money in it. Hope that goes well or they wont get paid soon. DONT THINK FOR A SECOND that all LP fundraising goes to offset the cost of the indoor centers. FACT

Flamethrower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by metro 04/04/12, 01:55 am

Flamethrower wrote:The LP coaches need to be on high alert.. LP or PB just leased another arena and sunk a ton of money in it. Hope that goes well or they wont get paid soon. DONT THINK FOR A SECOND that all LP fundraising goes to offset the cost of the indoor centers. FACT

Blue Sky The Colony(Texas Stars)
Blue Sky Keller (Everton)
Blue Sky Allen (Liverpool)
BluE Sky ????(Who's next)
Very Happy
metro
metro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by a-spade 01/06/12, 05:12 pm

Magic! wrote:
Texdad wrote:
copa44 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:You dont HAVE to do it

You're right, you don't. However if you don't it "reflects poorly on your coach" (response from LP to a parent who refused to participate). It also makes you look like an ass to the rest of the team. If my kid can sell 10 flats, and the kid who joined a week after the fundraiser started can sell 10 flats, and all the rest of the kids on the team can sell 10 flats then your refusal to support it makes it pretty apparent you don't support your team. For kids who don't support their team it's not a stretch for the team not to support the kid - it shows a lack of commitment.
For the record I can't stand fundraisers but this one is actually a pretty easy one. The product is good, it's something many people need now anyway, the price is competitive, and it's delivered to your door so you don't have to schlep down to Home Depot to pick it up and get dirt all over your car. As others have said LP could just roll it into fees and not do fundraisers, however I know some parents on my team welcomed the opportunity to offset some of their fees with the fundraising dollars, they appreciate $90 vs $100 a month.

Your joking right? So if your kid doesn't sell flowers, your team considers you an ass? So if you don't sell flowers your kid isn't committed to the team?
I bet you just scared away quite a few potential Liverpool prospects with that attitude.
I signed my kid up to learn how to become a good soccer player, not to learn how to sell door to door.
If the money was going directly back to your team, the families would be more committed to it. But I really have no desire to help some coach of a 96 boys team pay for his license or pay for scholarship players on some other team in a different age group.

Yahtzee!

I prefer the Sting fundraising model. They have been around the longest and have had time to evolve their program: just let the Club Owner do it. Sure as hell beats having to push flats of flowers door to door.

'About That $200,000 ...' Thursday, December 01, 2011

DALLAS (CN) - A Texan says a sports franchise owner who claimed his crew "had a close relationship with Peruvian President Alan Garcia Perez" promised him a stake in a Peruvian mobile lottery operation, then took his $200,000 and waltzed with it.

Lee Purser sued Brent Coralli, Jet Text, Sting Group Holdings, Royal Nation, Texas Titans Futbol and Coralli Inc. in Federal Court.

Sting Group and Texas Titans are soccer clubs owned by Coralli. He also owns Royal Nations clothing store and Jet Text, according to the complaint.

Purser claims Coralli asked him to invest in an "emerging" gaming operation and bilked him out of $200,000.

"In the later part of 2007 and into 2008, Purser was approached by Coralli with an alleged investment proposition whereby Purser and others affiliated with Purser would be given an opportunity to buy into an 'emerging' gaming operation which would be licensed in Peru for the purposes of operating a Mobile Lottery as to which there would be no competition ('the Peruvian venture')," according to the complaint.

A mobile lottery allows players to buy chances through cell phones and text messaging, rather than paper tickets or scratch-off cards.

According to the complaint, Managed Gaming Solutions is a British mobile and interactive gaming company, with Corporacion Galena as its Peruvian affiliate. Silverstrings Investments and Systems Latin America are gaming industry experts and strategic partners of Managed Gaming Solutions. The companies are listed as "aiders and abettors," but not as defendants, in the complaint.

The complaint states: "In connection with the Peruvian venture, associates of Coralli boasted that they had a close relationship with Peruvian President Alan Garcia Perez and could guarantee that an entity with which they were affiliated would receive valuable license to operate the lottery.

"Promising millions of dollars in gaming profits from Galena, a consortium was created whereby Galena would be owned 40 percent by MGS, 40 percent by Silverstrings and 20 percent by SLA.

"In turn, Coralli agreed with Purser that, for and in consideration of an investment of $400,000, Purser and his affiliates would own 10 percent of Silverstrings, which investment Coralli instructed Purser had to be funded through Jet Text, which in turn would see to it that Purser's investment would be protected."

Purser says he paid Jet Text $200,000 in December 2007 and January 2008.

He claims that at no time did Jet Text provide him with proof of his investment.

"On December 2, 2008, Galena was awarded the Lottery license, as predicted, as Coralli associates were assured by President Alan Garcia Perez, and the license rights for a twenty-year term were made official on January 23, 2009," the complaint states.

"The press release regarding the award of the license to Galena indicated that Galena had two shareholders.

"At the press conference, Tero Turunen, Galena's Chairman of the Board, boasted that in Peru, there were 9 million mobile users who were being targeted out of a total Peruvian population of 28.7 million Peruvians, a '... perfect opportunity ...' for success.

"Peruvians being among the world's poorest people, no comment was forthcoming from Chairman Turunen about the human suffering that would naturally come from Galena's bilking of an impoverished population." (Ellipses in complaint.)

Purser claims he has not heard from any of the players since then.

He believes that his money "never reached Galena or Silverstrings, but was rather used to fund fiscal shortages in the sports world of Sting, Royal and Titan."

"Purser further avers that the lure of the Peruvian venture was used by the defendant, individually and in concert one with the other to
(i) launder money,
(ii) engage in corrupt practices,
(iii) further a criminal enterprise or several criminal enterprises,
(iv) violate federal and state laws,
(v) commit fraud, and
(vi) otherwise cause damage to Purser and his interests."

Purser seeks treble damages for breach of contract and securities fraud. He is represented by Henry Klein, of New Orleans.

w w w . courthousenews. com/2011/12/01/41852.htm

a-spade
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 03/06/12, 06:34 pm

Meow.

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 4 Cat_ro10

Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 4 Empty Liverpool

Post by soccersox 17/06/12, 09:24 pm

Liverpool is a joke. 02 Hansen coach Sam is a player playing coach. They primarily practice keep away and around the world. I disagreed with mandatory flower sales and was basically told tough s@$? The kiddos on the team are great but there is a total lack of coaching. Around April she split the team with coach Rob to take Heighway and she selected her 15 players gave him 5 players 2 of whom quit the team immediately. So parents are expected to pay the dues and be on a team on 2-3 leaving a select few girls high and dry even though this was only an academy team and Liverpool was ok with this. Their motto "you'll never walk alone" is bs. Run from this organization.

soccersox
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Is this Legal?? Mandatory Academy Club Fundraiser - Page 4 Empty Not for everyone

Post by showfor 18/06/12, 08:01 am

YOU have a CHOICE where your daughter plays. If the fees and fundraisers are not what you desire, choose another club, or PLAY REC. All the belly-aching is getting tedious. Life is full of choices. Academy and Select soccer are NOT for everyone, whether that be for talent or financial reasons.

showfor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 18/06/12, 09:22 am

showfor wrote:YOU have a CHOICE where your daughter plays. If the fees and fundraisers are not what you desire, choose another club, or PLAY REC. All the belly-aching is getting tedious. Life is full of choices. Academy and Select soccer are NOT for everyone, whether that be for talent or financial reasons.
You are correct, life is full of choices. It’s the organizations in this market though that have made the choices that negatively impact children and their families. The choices that a majority of the organizations in this area (Liverpool or whomever) have made put money and winning ahead of the development of the children.

This entire system was founded around the idea of working for children to benefit children. Instead, with the choices that have been made over the last 3 decades, money has become the priority. This is less about the kids now and more about the money, maybe not for the individual coaches, but definitely for the organizations. Everyone wants to get rich.

Maybe Academy and Select soccer are not for everyone because it SHOULD BE for the kids. It SHOULDN’T BE for get-rich-quick schemers and elitist parents that want to wield their kids for bragging rights. It SHOULD BE for any kid that wants to do it.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 18/06/12, 02:26 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
showfor wrote:YOU have a CHOICE where your daughter plays. If the fees and fundraisers are not what you desire, choose another club, or PLAY REC. All the belly-aching is getting tedious. Life is full of choices. Academy and Select soccer are NOT for everyone, whether that be for talent or financial reasons.
You are correct, life is full of choices. It’s the organizations in this market though that have made the choices that negatively impact children and their families. The choices that a majority of the organizations in this area (Liverpool or whomever) have made put money and winning ahead of the development of the children.

This entire system was founded around the idea of working for children to benefit children. Instead, with the choices that have been made over the last 3 decades, money has become the priority. This is less about the kids now and more about the money, maybe not for the individual coaches, but definitely for the organizations. Everyone wants to get rich.

Maybe Academy and Select soccer are not for everyone because it SHOULD BE for the kids. It SHOULDN’T BE for get-rich-quick schemers and elitist parents that want to wield their kids for bragging rights. It SHOULD BE for any kid that wants to do it.
I agree BigTex. The more we hear about people stealing and people not being paid from the clubs. The chances are some city or government official is going to take notice. Thats when some state,city, or goverment regulatory team will step in and show all clubs where the money should go.
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Man 18/06/12, 02:29 pm

Is it time for all the clubs to lose their 'not for profit' status?
Muffin Man
Muffin Man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 18/06/12, 03:58 pm

Muffin Man wrote:Is it time for all the clubs to lose their 'not for profit' status?

We should hope not unless we want fees hiked another 20%. Wait, I'm sure the clubs will eat the taxes themselves... Riiiight.

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4