North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Dallas International Girls Cup - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Dallas International Girls Cup

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dallas International Girls Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas International Girls Cup

Post by Uncle Numanga 05/04/12, 08:58 am

bronxdad wrote:last year the Euro dads were on the sidelines with no shirts on

Actually, that was me.

Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Dallas International Girls Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas International Girls Cup

Post by ontheball 05/04/12, 09:00 am

And that was scarry! We saw some of that yesterday as well. Let me just say there were some pony kegs and no 6 packs.
ontheball
ontheball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 05/04/12, 09:07 am

Well I plan to bring my full-sized keg today and it will be on full display.

If I could only find my thong with the Danish flag....I'd give 'em a dose of their own medicine.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ontheball 05/04/12, 11:39 am

socrocks wrote:Well I plan to bring my full-sized keg today and it will be on full display.

If I could only find my thong with the Danish flag....I'd give 'em a dose of their own medicine.

Just remember one size does NOT fit all.
ontheball
ontheball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 05/04/12, 11:51 am

ontheball wrote:
socrocks wrote:Well I plan to bring my full-sized keg today and it will be on full display.

Just remember one size does NOT fit all.

So true sister, so true
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim 05/04/12, 11:52 am

I've got to get one with a flag!
Slim
Slim
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 05/04/12, 11:56 am

Slim wrote:

I've got to get one with a flag!

Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it. Unless I've had my meds, you can't always tell who's flag I'm raising.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 05/04/12, 11:37 pm

The Eclipse sideline put one heck of a fun show. The girls from Eclipse know how to have a fun time on the soccer sidelines. I know I enjoyed the enthusiasm.

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 06/04/12, 12:33 am

ontheball wrote:
And that was scarry! We saw some of that yesterday as well. Let me just say there were some pony kegs and no 6 packs.

I like to say why have a six pack when you can have a keg??
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 07/04/12, 01:17 pm

Texans 95 Red beat Feet 3-1 then find out one of their guests we had filling in for some injured players is over the age limit. Bummer, but now I got the rest of the weekend off.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 08/04/12, 12:02 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:Texans 95 Red beat Feet 3-1 then find out one of their guests we had filling in for some injured players is over the age limit. Bummer, but now I got the rest of the weekend off.

Trying to use a Ringer, huh? Very Happy

The rest will do your dd good. cheers
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 09/04/12, 08:53 am

Unc ... how did the age brackets work?

Bracket Says U18/U17 ... Is that some international designation for what we know as 95s? Sure seems like you could use a Texan 94 since it says "U18" (95s are U17 & 94s ar U18).

I don't see why there was a problem.

Maybe they are working under some calendar year convention since it is "international".
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 09/04/12, 09:02 am

Local teams could not use older kids, it was for international teams(maybe out of state as well). I think they had a grace of 6-9 months.
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 09/04/12, 09:13 am

LoneStar wrote:Local teams could not use older kids, it was for international teams(maybe out of state as well). I think they had a grace of 6-9 months.

Oh that makes sense.... scratch
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthenet 09/04/12, 09:18 am

Kenshi Dave wrote:Unc ... how did the age brackets work?

Bracket Says U18/U17 ... Is that some international designation for what we know as 95s? Sure seems like you could use a Texan 94 since it says "U18" (95s are U17 & 94s ar U18).

Maybe they are working under some calendar year convention since it is "international".

The nomenclature for the age groups was confusing, but the rules were not. From the tournament rules page:

Age categories: Girls born on/after August 1, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 and 1998. For international teams dispensations will automatically be given to all players who are maximum 7 months over age.

I was told that they allowed the dispensation for international teams because their age groups varied significantly from ours.

What is as interesting as the teams using ineligible players is how the tournament let them on the roster when they were clearly ineligible.

While the team certainly should have known better, the tournament has a major screw-up on their hands since they allowed it to happen.

inthenet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 09/04/12, 11:04 am

The player in question had a November birth date. The International calendar rules were used, making her ineligible by a month and a half. No big deal for us because no one on our team really wanted to play. Too much soccer with HS playoffs going on.

I just feel that if the other coach had a problem with the ineligible girl playing, make it known before the game. Don't wait until you lose to make the protest.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 09/04/12, 11:27 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:

The player in question had a November birth date. The International calendar rules were used, making her ineligible by a month and a half. No big deal for us because no one on our team really wanted to play. Too much soccer with HS playoffs going on.

I just feel that if the other coach had a problem with the ineligible girl playing, make it known before the game. Don't wait until you lose to make the protest.

Did the other coach know the player was ineligible before the game?

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 09/04/12, 11:52 am

LHD wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Did the other coach know the player was ineligible before the game?

Yes.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 09/04/12, 12:09 pm

Interesting perspective Unc. Should the burden fall on the opposing team to monitor your roster? I'd think your team would know the rules of your own tournament.

If you don't follow the rules through your own doings (whether thru intent or ignorance), the next line of vigilance should lie with the tournament itself. Someone a little less suspicious than myself might be less understanding about a Texan hosted event allowing a known Texan player on a Texan team to somehow slip past rules enforcement. God knows the event required a boatload of documentation for each player and for each of the other teams to validate identities and eligibility.

Until I just saw your last post I intended to ask, "is it possible that the 'losers' didn't know of the player's ineligible status before the game and only realized it once the game had started?" Now that you have addressed this by suggesting that the other team (Feet) knew of the player's ineligibility....one has to assume that Texans also knew. Pretty slim chance Feet knew and Texans' didn't. So why use her?

Regardless, since you felt the need to bring it up at all, why take a shot at Feet and not be willing to recognize Texans' own malfeasance?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 09/04/12, 12:27 pm

Not malfeasance, just simple negligence. Frankly, nobody on Texans team gives a damn. Didn't want to play in the tournament to begin with, but had no choice. Shea (Feet coach) knew ahead of time, but didn't protest until game was out of reach (and then claimed he didn't know about the filed protest). Typical Shea bullshit, but within his rights. He caught another break yesterday with the rain, because Eclipse would have beaten him 7-0.

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 09/04/12, 01:33 pm

stillyuk wrote:Not malfeasance, just simple negligence. Frankly, nobody on Texans team gives a damn. [Texan parent brought up issue] Didn't want to play in the tournament to begin with, but had no choice. Shea (Feet coach) knew ahead of time, [then so did Texans - which means they knowingly used an ineligible player - not "simple negligence"] but didn't protest until game was out of reach (and then claimed he didn't know about the filed protest). Typical Shea bullshit, but within his rights. He caught another break yesterday with the rain, because Eclipse would have beaten him 7-0. [maybe - but not likely that large of margin based on last 2 meetings]

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 09/04/12, 01:50 pm

No, actually Texans didn't know it. The player in question certainly wasn't necessary to beat Feet, and had they known it, she wouldn't have played. She was on the roster that was checked in at the beginning of the tournament, and everybody missed the discrepancy between U-18 August to August, and calendar year.

Texans played poorly, and without 2/3 of its midfield, and still killed Feet. I wouldn't be too sure of what Feet would have done against Eclipse. For whatever reason, Baylor soccer north is even worse than usual right now.

But as I said, rules are rules, and the tournament made the correct decision.

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthenet 09/04/12, 02:07 pm

From a conspiracy standpoint, there's not a better story line than the Texans and the tournament conspired to take over the world by using ineligible players.

I don't think anyone really believes that's what happened though. Our manager said that at check in, they went through every birth certificate and checked the certificate along with the card and the roster. It is hard to see how anyone could have gotten such a player rostered using that system.

However, in talking with another team's manager, not every team was checked that way. Apparently some teams only got a cursory glance, and if you typed a name on the roster, they were going to get on, as long as they had a card, as they were only verifying names.

The rules were very clear, however, and the Texans manager should have known that any '94 player should not have been allowed on the roster of a domestic team. I don't think there's any other way to look at that.

However, the tournament bears the ultimate responsibility for checking the documentation and verifying that the players are age appropriate, (i.e. enforcing their own rules) which is something they clearly did not do.

I have heard, but I don't know for a fact, that Texans Red '95 was not the only team with ineligible players on it in violation of the rules, and at least one of the teams alleged to have violated was not even a Texan team.

inthenet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 09/04/12, 02:13 pm

inthenet wrote:

The rules were very clear, however, and the Texans manager should have known that any '94 player should not have been allowed on the roster of a domestic team. I don't think there's any other way to look at that.

However, the tournament bears the ultimate responsibility for checking the documentation and verifying that the players are age appropriate, (i.e. enforcing their own rules) which is something they clearly did not do.

I agree completely. 94's that were born after January 1 were ok. She was November, 1993. Ok for league and US tournaments, not internationals
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 09/04/12, 03:51 pm

Never again will I ever contemplate signing up for a tournament even remotely close to High School playoffs.

justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 09/04/12, 04:32 pm

stillyuk wrote:No, actually Texans didn't know it. The player in question certainly wasn't necessary to beat Feet, and had they known it, she wouldn't have played. She was on the roster that was checked in at the beginning of the tournament, and everybody missed the discrepancy between U-18 August to August, and calendar year.

Texans played poorly, and without 2/3 of its midfield, and still killed Feet. I wouldn't be too sure of what Feet would have done against Eclipse. For whatever reason, Baylor soccer north is even worse than usual right now.

But as I said, rules are rules, and the tournament made the correct decision.

Oversight of rules by 95 Texans...unfortunate but it happens.
Failure to catch it by tournament...again, unfortunate but it happens.
Forfeiting games and disqualification of team...appropriate action.
How about just acknowledging the series of oversights and moving on?
It should just end here....it's called "the high road."
Your personal feelings about playing in the event aren't relevant to the storyline, just a feeble way of diminishing what took place.

Dislike Feet's coach? Fair enough...your opinion.
Trying to detract from the real story by vilifying Feet...lame.
Wholesale assault on the Feet team and their character for playing by the rules is more of a reflection of your character than theirs.

Even when so clearly in the wrong, your hatred for all things non-Texans overtakes any sense of logic or common decency.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next