North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SDL 04 TEAMS - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

SDL 04 TEAMS

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SDL 04 TEAMS - Page 2 Empty Re: SDL 04 TEAMS

Post by Sweet_feet99 15/08/12, 12:18 pm

So Deleon has an Allstar team, cool. But coaching is about more than just having good players. He has to be able to get the girls to play as a team. That's still a tough job. I would think.

Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/08/12, 12:58 pm

Nocrying wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Why couldnt SDL instead of TGPL accommodate his schedule? Doesn't SDL have fields in Plano near Richardson where TGPL will be played? It's one game for TGPL.. I'm sure Rosales could have made that happen!!! But I guess not..

Why aren't you complaining about this in regards to Kennington or Goodman? Neither of them are playing in TGPL due to the same reasons.

Rosales has 6-7 teams he has to work his schedule around why should SDL work around TGPL (who is their competitor)? SDL does a great job working with coaches but when you have a coach has multiple teams some of the times being in 1 location for all games is the best for everyone.

I am not worried that we are not playing in TGPL. Our team has nothing to prove to anyone but ourselves. I don't need bragging rights to say my kid plays for the top team. She is 9yrs old and just wants to play soccer. She is on a good competitive team with a great coach that is teaching & improving her skills.

Agree to some point but if my daughter is playing on his top team and we are not playing against top level competition, Im not happy. I have never seen a point in beating teams by 10 goals?? That accomplishes nothing.

I agree. And two points seem to have arisen here:
1/ it seems that the coach's personal convenience is placed ahead of what is best for his team. If he wanted to really test his team in the top league and do what's right for them he'd find a way to make it work, even if it means having another DT coach/assistant cover part of any conflicted games
2/ six or seven teams? Seriously, how can he devote his best to that team if he is spread so thinly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 15/08/12, 01:14 pm

I think Rosales top team is playing in TGPL. They're just going to be wearing RASE uniforms.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 15/08/12, 01:41 pm

Ouch! What a Face
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 15/08/12, 02:34 pm

For all you TGPL lovers I would challenge you to put the SDL teams side by side with the TGPL teams. Many would argue that SDL is the stronger league. Three of the consensus top 4 teams are playing SDL. I don't think any of them are worried about competition. Just because someone at Primetime says they want to start a "top" league doesn't mean it automatically turns out to be.

Seems to mainly be the Liverpool folks again that are upset others aren't playin in the TGPLL league. Not sure why anyone would have a concern where someone else is playing.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 15/08/12, 02:47 pm

Soccer Po Boy wrote:I think Rosales top team is playing in TGPL. They're just going to be wearing RASE uniforms.

lol!

...as their practice gear when no one's looking

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 15/08/12, 02:56 pm

slrsoccer wrote:For all you TGPL lovers I would challenge you to put the SDL teams side by side with the TGPL teams. Many would argue that SDL is the stronger league. Three of the consensus top 4 teams are playing SDL. I don't think any of them are worried about competition. Just because someone at Primetime says they want to start a "top" league doesn't mean it automatically turns out to be.

Seems to mainly be the Liverpool folks again that are upset others aren't playin in the TGPLL league. Not sure why anyone would have a concern where someone else is playing.

I doubt there is much consensus on top 4 teams at this point. Too long since the "top teams" have played each other in legitimate "all 04 only" contests.

It's really impossible to have a handle on how good Kennington and RASE are since their last seasons involved the use of 03s now and then. Even still, at U8/U9 the changes in teams is very high.

I think if the SDL divisions are done right, you could certianly argue they are as tough at the top (1-3). As far as the overall depth of teams is concerned (6-10) TGPL is without question superior to what is in SDL.

Anyway you slice it, its all up for grabs this fall. Due to the top teams splitting in two leagues we probably won't get much of a conensus of overall 1-4 until post fall season tournaments.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 15/08/12, 03:13 pm

Between player movement, team expansion, bigger fields (where team depth, speed, conditioning, and ball control skills will have more impact), and 9 v. 9 play, I think we may see a lot of movement, especially in 2nd and 3rd tier teams.

It looks like SDL will have more than enough teams for 3 divisions.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fhjmom 15/08/12, 03:22 pm

I will admit I am new to this and I am only looking at the last ranking list that came out here in June, but of those teams*, #1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 16, and 22 are in TGPL, in addition to RASE (which wasn't listed in the ranking). That doesn't leave many of the top 10 for SDL.

I am not saying SDL won't be competitive, but just looking at the numbers on paper, it does seem that TGPL has the edge.

I don't have a dog in this fight bc my DD's team isn't playing in either league. I am just a newbie getting sucked into this board and the workings of girls soccer in North Texas, so you can take my comment for what it's worth.

*I should also say that I am still learning the ins and outs of team names in the big clubs; hopefully I got most of them correct.

fhjmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/08/12, 03:46 pm

jen_nah wrote:
Nocrying wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Why couldnt SDL instead of TGPL accommodate his schedule? Doesn't SDL have fields in Plano near Richardson where TGPL will be played? It's one game for TGPL.. I'm sure Rosales could have made that happen!!! But I guess not..

Why aren't you complaining about this in regards to Kennington or Goodman? Neither of them are playing in TGPL due to the same reasons.

Rosales has 6-7 teams he has to work his schedule around why should SDL work around TGPL (who is their competitor)? SDL does a great job working with coaches but when you have a coach has multiple teams some of the times being in 1 location for all games is the best for everyone.

I am not worried that we are not playing in TGPL. Our team has nothing to prove to anyone but ourselves. I don't need bragging rights to say my kid plays for the top team. She is 9yrs old and just wants to play soccer. She is on a good competitive team with a great coach that is teaching & improving her skills.

Agree to some point but if my daughter is playing on his top team and we are not playing against top level competition, Im not happy. I have never seen a point in beating teams by 10 goals?? That accomplishes nothing.

Seeing as there are other top teams playing SDL I think we will be just fine. I would rather my coach be at my games and play good competitive teams then play TGPL and not have my coach due to conflicts.

Can he put a top team together though?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/08/12, 04:30 pm

slrsoccer wrote:For all you TGPL lovers I would challenge you to put the SDL teams side by side with the TGPL teams. Many would argue that SDL is the stronger league. Three of the consensus top 4 teams are playing SDL. I don't think any of them are worried about competition. Just because someone at Primetime says they want to start a "top" league doesn't mean it automatically turns out to be.

Oh this is hilarious. After seasons of RASE/dalglish bashing (you guys aren't playing in the "right" league) it's funny to see someone else take it for a change. A little surprised by the sudden call for understanding "this" season. For the record I think Rosales has to do whats best for himself and his teams not whats best for people on this board. Good point slrsoccer, missed you the last few seasons though.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 15/08/12, 05:20 pm

go99 wrote:

Oh this is hilarious. After seasons of RASE/dalglish bashing (you guys aren't playing in the "right" league) it's funny to see someone else take it for a change. A little surprised by the sudden call for understanding "this" season. For the record I think Rosales has to do whats best for himself and his teams not whats best for people on this board. Good point slrsoccer, missed you the last few seasons though.

Go99 I think it's time to change your avatar. New season... change is good. Let me know if you need me to come up with any creative ideas.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 15/08/12, 06:19 pm

Is his aviator a "Azz in a Hole" ?

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socceroos 15/08/12, 08:04 pm

Why argue which league is better when we can take the winner from TPGL and SDL leagues and see if they will play each other after the season is over :)Then we will have a true champion.

socceroos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/08/12, 09:29 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Is his aviator a "Azz in a Hole" ?

Yes it was. And yes time for a change for the new season.

You're Welcome!!!
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 15/08/12, 09:39 pm

go99 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Is his aviator a "Azz in a Hole" ?

Yes it was. And yes time for a change for the new season.

You're Welcome!!!

That is awesome!
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 15/08/12, 09:42 pm

affraid
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 16/08/12, 09:14 pm

SoftballDad wrote:
Nocrying wrote:
jen_nah wrote:

I agree. And two points seem to have arisen here:
1/ it seems that the coach's personal convenience is placed ahead of what is best for his team. If he wanted to really test his team in the top league and do what's right for them he'd find a way to make it work, even if it means having another DT coach/assistant cover part of any conflicted games
2/ six or seven teams? Seriously, how can he devote his best to that team if he is spread so thinly?

Add how is that right to his other teams? They are paying the same fees as myself and every Texan parent. They want their coach that knows the team and player dynamic. They don't want to be made to feel their team isn't priority.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2