North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Tourney oops!! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Tourney oops!!

Go down

Tourney oops!! Empty Tourney oops!!

Post by fhjmom 02/09/12, 07:08 pm

Not sure how they should have remedied this but there was apparently a mix up in the placement of teams in the play-off bracket for the silver division in the Plano tournament. The last game of bracket #3 was between Sting Cuevas and Allen Elite. Elite won that game 1-0 but the score was initially posted the other way around, giving Cuevas the win and the third place finish in that bracket with 15 points - and the top wild card spot advancing to the quarterfinals. When the score was fixed, Elite had 8 points and third place in bracket #3 and Cuevas was the bottom team in that bracket. That meant the wild card spot should have gone to the third place team from bracket #2, Liverpool Hansen, who had 11 points. (Saints has the other wild card spot with a third place finish in bracket #1 and 12 points-unaffected in this scenario).

The wild card team in question should have played Liverpool Owen in the quarterfinal, but no team showed up. I figure Cuevas knew they were out when they lost to Elite and finished fourth, why bother to check the bracket. Liverpool Hansen probably checked the website and saw the incorrect scores posted and Cuevas scheduled in the quarterfinal game and went home. Even when they fixed the score, they never changed the quarterfinal on the schedule - it still shows Cuevas in the quarterfinals and Liverpool Owen winning by a score of 3-0 (because of the forfeit).

I don't know how hard the tournament worked to contact the teams involved or what, but I hate that it it happened that way for all parties involved. Just wondering if anyone else had any thought or insights - this is just my account based on what I observed and may not have all the info, which is why I am wondering if anyone else can add to the story.

fhjmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Tourney oops!! Empty Re: Tourney oops!!

Post by WingNut 03/09/12, 06:48 am

Can't speak for Plano however in Arlington there was an oops in scoring somewhere and all the coaches and team managers got an email to check the website to ensure scores were correct
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Tourney oops!! Empty Not Notified

Post by StormSoccerMom 04/09/12, 10:16 am

Liverpool 04G Hansen was not notified of the change. Since the website bracket was not changed, we didn't know we made the quarterfinals. We are very disappointed that we didn't get our chance to play.
StormSoccerMom
StormSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfreak 04/09/12, 10:19 am

Ugh!!!!!! After playing in all that heat, too, and then not getting to play their semi........

futbolfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fhjmom 04/09/12, 02:27 pm

LFCA04SoccerMom wrote:Liverpool 04G Hansen was not notified of the change. Since the website bracket was not changed, we didn't know we made the quarterfinals. We are very disappointed that we didn't get our chance to play.

Soccermom, I hate to hear that, but I was afraid that is what happened. As team manager, I was asked during our team check in for a cell phone number of someone that could be reached during the tournament in case they needed to get a hold of the team, so I was hoping that the tournament had made the effort to try to contact y'all about the mistake, but apparently not. Sad If this wasn't a reason to use that team contact number, I am not sure what situation would warrant it! I hope they offered your coach some sincere apologies and did something to attempt to make up for it, although I am not sure what they could do at this point, maybe at least a partial refund for shorting y'all a game that your team earned. I was not impressed by the way things were handled by tournament officials on several counts, but y'all definitely had a much bigger complaint than any aggravation I had.

We didn't get to play y'all this time around, but maybe next tournament. Best of luck to your girls this season!

fhjmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by StormSoccerMom 05/09/12, 10:21 am

Thanks. We are a new team and would've definitely liked to have played another game. I wasn't impressed at all on how things were run. First there was a team that had to end up forfieting since their paperwork wasn't complete. Shouldn't this have been known before the games even began. Both teams were on the field before we found out. The next issue was that they started our game 15 mins. early on Sunday and then only gave us 20 mins. for the first half. We all thought they called a water break until the refs walked off the field. They ended up adding some time to the second half I guess to try to make up for it. I'll find out today what ended up happening after our manager contacted the tournament director.
StormSoccerMom
StormSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skills 05/09/12, 10:24 am

Indeed sad.

skills
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 05/09/12, 10:29 am

What tourney was this?

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 05/09/12, 01:16 pm

It was the Plano Labor Day Tournament. I thought they cut the time short in our game because of the gigantic field we had to play on at High Point..ha

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fhjmom 05/09/12, 02:12 pm

We had games cut short, too. tongue

fhjmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccrmom11 06/09/12, 06:43 pm

I spoke to one of the "officials" at the tourney to try to get the situation fixed. We knew that Sting Cuevas should not have been the team that LP Owen was to play. The very nice man was trying to explain what I was telling him to another party, and they kept cutting him off and saying that they had other problems to worry about right then. It was 15 minutes past start time, and I asked another Sting coach to try to contact Cuevas' team to inform them. We wanted to play the game...we were out there for over 40 minutes in the heat trying to to get someone from the tourney to contact someone. When another person came up to our team, I told him that the standings were wrong, and we should be playing someone else, and they needed to contact that team. He said that they should have checked the brackets before they left...being the Sting team...it was not the way we wanted to win that game.
soccrmom11
soccrmom11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 06/09/12, 08:51 pm

KnKsDad wrote:It was the Plano Labor Day Tournament. I thought they cut the time short in our game because of the gigantic field we had to play on at High Point..ha

I hope your being sarcastic in regards about the fields being huge at High Pointe because those some of the smallest fields we have ever played on at this age.

I watched the older teams trying to play on those fields and they were so on top of each other due to small fields. I must say Railroad has the best sized fields for 9v9 & 11v11.

To answer OP post:

While I feel sorry for the team and the mess up that happened. I will say that it is the managers or team tournament representative (some of the times it's not the manager that does the tournament scheduling for the team) to be on top of this. You have to stay on top of it and since Plano Labor Day was fast in posting official results the team representative should have noticed this error quickly after the game ended and had it corrected before it became an issue.

If your team was a wild card into the finals then you need to stay on top of points for your team and make sure your points are correct. Every tournament will post how their point system will work (some are different then the norm but most use the 6pts for a win, 1pt for a shut out, up to 3pt for a max of 3 goals- max pts per game is 10 and 3pts for a tie).

I hope Plano is able to make it right but I also think partial blame is on the team manager too. End result you have to stay on top of the tournament personal and you have to make sure errors are corrected and not rely on them to figure it out. Trust me if this had been my team I wouldn't have been calling or emailing I would have been at the fields getting it fixed asap.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 06/09/12, 10:27 pm

Maybe I'm referring to a different park, because I'm talking about High Point. I'm not an expert on field sizes, what they should or shouldn't be for 8 yr olds. I (and others) simply used the eye test. If the field we played on at High Point is considered "smaller" then the one we played on at Carpenter was miniature. So, yes, I was being sarcastic when I used the term "gigantic", but there certainly seemed to be a difference in size between the respective fields referenced for those games that we played in.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 06/09/12, 11:19 pm

lovesoccer wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:It was the Plano Labor Day Tournament. I thought they cut the time short in our game because of the gigantic field we had to play on at High Point..ha

I hope your being sarcastic in regards about the fields being huge at High Pointe because those some of the smallest fields we have ever played on at this age.

I watched the older teams trying to play on those fields and they were so on top of each other due to small fields. I must say Railroad has the best sized fields for 9v9 & 11v11.

To answer OP post:

While I feel sorry for the team and the mess up that happened. I will say that it is the managers or team tournament representative (some of the times it's not the manager that does the tournament scheduling for the team) to be on top of this. You have to stay on top of it and since Plano Labor Day was fast in posting official results the team representative should have noticed this error quickly after the game ended and had it corrected before it became an issue.

If your team was a wild card into the finals then you need to stay on top of points for your team and make sure your points are correct. Every tournament will post how their point system will work (some are different then the norm but most use the 6pts for a win, 1pt for a shut out, up to 3pt for a max of 3 goals- max pts per game is 10 and 3pts for a tie).

I hope Plano is able to make it right but I also think partial blame is on the team manager too. End result you have to stay on top of the tournament personal and you have to make sure errors are corrected and not rely on them to figure it out. Trust me if this had been my team I wouldn't have been calling or emailing I would have been at the fields getting it fixed asap.

The score was posted incorrectly for the other team's game. Just exactly how many times was the manager supposed to recheck to see if scores of other team's games were changed ? The manager checked when the game posted and they were knocked out of the wildcard. They went home. Why would the manager recheck? No,no,no !!! PLD's TD or staff blew it. When the posting was changed teams should have been notified via the contacts listed on the app. To attempt to blame the manager is ridiculous. A tournament this size is a huge cash cow and not cheap to enter. This is unexcusable.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fhjmom 07/09/12, 01:37 am

my2cents wrote:
lovesoccer wrote:

To answer OP post:

The score was posted incorrectly for the other team's game. Just exactly how many times was the manager supposed to recheck to see if scores of other team's games were changed ? The manager checked when the game posted and they were knocked out of the wildcard. They went home. Why would the manager recheck? No,no,no !!! PLD's TD or staff blew it. When the posting was changed teams should have been notified via the contacts listed on the app. To attempt to blame the manager is ridiculous. A tournament this size is a huge cash cow and not cheap to enter. This is unexcusable.

I agree that it is erroneous to blame the team manager in this case. In this case, LP Hansen's points were correct; what was their team manager supposed to "stay on top of"? LP Hansen had no way of knowing the score of the Sting Cuevas/Allen Elite game was posted incorrectly. Both of those teams knew after the results of their game that they were out of the running for a wild card spot. When the scores were posted and LP saw they were knocked out as a wild card, why would they keep checking back?? It should have been on the tournament to attempt to contact the team affected in a timely manner and make sure they had the correct information. On top of that, the tournament *NEVER* changed the bracket. Even now, the schedule still shows Sting Cuevas in the quarterfinal game (#679) in the slot that should have had LP Hansen. The tournament never corrected it. How is that somehow the fault of the LP manager? This fiasco lies squarely in the lap of the tourney, if you ask me.

BTW, I said something to a tournament official about the posting error on the website when we arrived to play on the next field and I saw that there was only one team warming up for that game. This was at least 30 minutes prior to game time and he said he was just in charge of officials and wasn't concerned about making anyone aware of the situation (he was one of the guys driving around in a cart with a blue shirt on).

fhjmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 07/09/12, 09:16 am

As far as the time error on the game lengths, I am betting that the referees simply were confused about how long the halves were supposed to be. They do a lot of games and sometimes get their "age groups vs game lengths" mixed up... it happens. This is where managers and coaches can simply tell them "hey, the halves are supposed to be 25 min." and the refs should adjust.

As far as the missed score and the goof up on advancement... bad scene. In the tournament I'm involved with, we always make sure we get the scores into GS as well as post them at the fields. There is nothing better than a public posting of scores to catch any errors you might make. Believe me there are 50 people looking over your shoulder as you write them down who will immediately bring any errors to your attention.... and that's why we do it. I certainly understand how hectic and exhausting tournaments can be to run, especially at the end of the second day when you are trying to calculate advancements, verify scores, pay referees, not faint from starvation... it can be chaotic, and I can certainly see how the error occurred, and the unfortunate consequences. Every tournament has its moments where lessons are learned, and hindsight is 20/20. The PLD tourney is a huge tournament, and can become a logistics nightmare at points. You just try to make amends as best you can and move forward. In this case I think an offer of free registration for LP Hansen in next year's tournament, or another tournament run by the same folks would be a great gesture and certainly a great resolution.

Its best to keep in mind that these type of mistakes are never personal... Tournaments are a loooooong weekend for all involved.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 07/09/12, 06:30 pm

Okay sorry I just re-read the OP and I misread. I thought the score being entered wrong was one of the teams that played that game. After re-reading the OP I noticed it was a team that was not part of the miss scored game so they wouldn't know of the initial error.

Now that being the case the TD needs to step up to the plate and refund that teams money back to them. That is the least they can do.

I must say I am not pleased with how Plano Labor Day TD ran this tournament. My older dd's team went to challenge a call that resulted in a goal. Was told their was a $250 fee to challenge a ref call. I have never heard of such an outrageous fee to challenge a bad call. Honestly never heard of a tournament charging a fee to challenge calls but even if they do I think $25 maybe $50 would be more fair but $250. What that is saying is we you to conform to the system and not push back.

We were very disappointed in the refs at this tournament. Their was only 1 ref in 5 games my older dd team played that spoke English. Our girls struggled to understand what they were saying when calls were made.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down