North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

huh? SDL does not keep standings? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

huh? SDL does not keep standings?

Go down

huh? SDL does not keep standings? Empty huh? SDL does not keep standings?

Post by 04QSoccerMom 11/09/12, 10:57 am

Are you kidding me? Shocked SDL does not post league results or standings?!
04QSoccerMom
04QSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

huh? SDL does not keep standings? Empty Re: huh? SDL does not keep standings?

Post by SoccerDad75033 11/09/12, 11:04 am

Correct - which is why we hope people post scores here.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 04QSoccerMom 11/09/12, 11:13 am

Even for a newbie like me, that just doesn't make sense at this level and age group. So is "development" synonymous with participation trophy? Laughing
04QSoccerMom
04QSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 11/09/12, 11:30 am

In the English professional academies they dont start keeping score until U16 so why should it be nessacary here?
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 11/09/12, 11:49 am

I guess English parents don't have water coolers to brag around.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 11/09/12, 12:32 pm

04QSoccerMom wrote:Even for a newbie like me, that just doesn't make sense at this level and age group. So is "development" synonymous with participation trophy? Laughing

"At this level" you mean 8 and 9 year old girls, right???

Not trying to talk down to you, but trust me, 4 years from now, if your kid is still playing, you will still have a long way to go...

SDL has never posted, which only makes things more interesting here on this website
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 11/09/12, 12:35 pm

soccersounder wrote:
04QSoccerMom wrote:Even for a newbie like me, that just doesn't make sense at this level and age group. So is "development" synonymous with participation trophy? Laughing

Not trying to talk down to you, but trust me, 4 years from now, if your kid is still playing, you will still have a long way to go...

SDL has never posted, which only makes things more interesting here on this website

Just a few years ago kids did not start playing academy until U8/U9. For some of the long timers, it's hard for them to get that some of the U8/U9s have already been under academy training for 3-4 years.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 04QSoccerMom 11/09/12, 01:06 pm

soccersounder wrote:

No, by "age group" I meant U9, and yes this is a girls forum.

By "at this level" I meant in a non-Rec league. SDL promotes the fact that they have a higher level of competition, so it would make sense to me they would post current league scores and standings as many Rec leagues do.

Not trying to talk down to you, but if my kid is still playing 4 years from now has nothing to do with my comment or your response. I have already identified myself as a forum newbie, so your point about the longevity of my daughter in soccer is supposed to mean what? That my opinion doesn't count because I haven't been around long enough? OK, point taken, but still I am surprised that the league doesn't post standings.
04QSoccerMom
04QSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 11/09/12, 01:18 pm

04QSoccerMom wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

By "at this level" I meant in a non-Rec league. SDL promotes the fact that they have a higher level of competition, so it would make sense to me they would post current league scores and standings as many Rec leagues do.

Not trying to talk down to you, but if my kid is still playing 4 years from now has nothing to do with my comment or your response. I have already identified myself as a forum newbie, so your point about the longevity of my daughter in soccer is supposed to mean what? That my opinion doesn't count because I haven't been around long enough? OK, point taken, but still I am surprised that the league doesn't post standings.

Yes, U9, so 8 and 9 year old girls... YOU mentioned "at this level" and my point was: How high a level do you think you are at?

But over-all: love your enthusiam!! Keep it up and enjoy the process! For now, make sure you collect the ECNL scores and list the standings here in txsoccer..

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to Ref your U9 dd this Fall...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 11/09/12, 01:22 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

Just a few years ago kids did not start playing academy until U8/U9. For some of the long timers, it's hard for them to get that some of the U8/U9s have already been under academy training for 3-4 years.

Not hard to get at all... I got out there at U7 with my dd, already 7 years ago WOW!!, but I know enough now to say without question, that it is not necassary to be out there at 5 and 6 years old.. If you are having fun with it, then great! But funding the clubs is the only real thing going on.
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocrying 11/09/12, 01:23 pm

soccersounder wrote:
04QSoccerMom wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

Yes, U9, so 8 and 9 year old girls... YOU mentioned "at this level" and my point was: How high a level do you think you are at?

But over-all: love your enthusiam!! Keep it up and enjoy the process! For now, make sure you collect the ECNL scores and list the standings here in txsoccer..

wow! I say why have refs at this age also??? She just asked a simple question....geeee
Nocrying
Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04QSoccerMom 11/09/12, 01:27 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

cheers Yes, I think you are right about that.
04QSoccerMom
04QSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 11/09/12, 02:02 pm

Nocrying wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
04QSoccerMom wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

wow! I say why have refs at this age also??? She just asked a simple question....geeee

You may want to change your log in name.. Maybe drop the "no"
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/09/12, 02:19 pm

No it is not but the veterans of NTX soccer will tell you it is also not synonmous with winning. The point to be made is don't sweat standings or won lost records. It really makes no difference until U16 and then it is only to get into good showcases. If you are not focused on development now then today's won lost record will be the good ole times because she won't be playing on a top team later on.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 11/09/12, 02:34 pm

Triumph FC wrote:In the English professional academies they dont start keeping score until U16 so why should it be nessacary here?

Because this ain't England drunken
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 11/09/12, 03:02 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Triumph FC wrote:In the English professional academies they dont start keeping score until U16 so why should it be nessacary here?

Because this ain't England drunken

Right they don't keep score.. "they" don't keep score in SDL but we all get scores.... somebody somewhere is keeping score and don't tell me the coaches, players, and parents in SDL are not trying to win games and don't care if they lose.

The fact that the league doesn't keep score is just an inconvenience... it does nothing for development because everyone else is still keeping score.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/09/12, 03:05 pm

04QSoccerMom wrote:Are you kidding me? Shocked SDL does not post league results or standings?!

No, they don't post scores and the sooner you learn a few things about this forum, the easier it will be. For Example:

1. You should never keep score in soccer because it is always about development until they are 16.

2. Scoring goals and wins do not matter, it only matters if they can string a few passes together. (once your team does that, you can pack up your chairs and go home, calling it a successful day)

3. If your kid is big, fast and strong, she should not play soccer as those kids are no good and only used for their physical attributes. They could never possibly be skilled as well.

4. Stay away from big clubs as they care nothing about your kid and only want your money.

5. The US soccer system is terrible, ( although you need to forget the US Woman are ranked #1 in the world, won the olympics and the U20 team just won the World Cup) other than that, we focus too much on winning and don't produce great players.

Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by 04QSoccerMom 11/09/12, 03:32 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:
04QSoccerMom wrote:Are you kidding me? Shocked SDL does not post league results or standings?!

No, they don't post scores and the sooner you learn a few things about this forum, the easier it will be. For Example:

1. You should never keep score in soccer because it is always about development until they are 16.

2. Scoring goals and wins do not matter, it only matters if they can string a few passes together. (once your team does that, you can pack up your chairs and go home, calling it a successful day)

3. If your kid is big, fast and strong, she should not play soccer as those kids are no good and only used for their physical attributes. They could never possibly be skilled as well.

4. Stay away from big clubs as they care nothing about your kid and only want your money.

5. The US soccer system is terrible, ( although you need to forget the US Woman are ranked #1 in the world, won the olympics and the U20 team just won the World Cup) other than that, we focus too much on winning and don't produce great players.

Very Happy cheers

Oh, I think like you already! Can you direct me to the sarcasm font so we can all stay on the same page?
04QSoccerMom
04QSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/09/12, 03:51 pm

04QSoccerMom wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:

Very Happy cheers

Oh, I think like you already! Can you direct me to the sarcasm font so we can all stay on the same page?

I find most of the posts complaining about how US Womens Soccer is progressing funny. Some think that if we keep scores, promote competition and embrace athleticism, the sky will fall. But, the ultimate answer is to simply look at how the US does on the World stage. #1, #1, #1, #1.

And yes, I think SDL should probably keep scores, but it really doesn't matter as most parents, (whether they will admit it or not) keep scores and they are posted on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down