North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LH standings  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LH standings

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

LH standings  Empty LH standings

Post by 05girls 20/03/17, 11:24 am

Interesting stuff shaping up for those vying for D1. 5-10 are separated by 6 points with 4 games left. Interesting that Kicks is now on the outside looking in. Byars group is now precariously sitting on the edge. Roach made a move as well as Haylock's group.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LH standings  Empty Re: LH standings

Post by ForReal 20/03/17, 12:30 pm

05girls wrote:Interesting stuff shaping up for those vying for D1.  5-10 are separated by 6 points with 4 games left.  Interesting that Kicks is now on the outside looking in.  Byars group is now precariously sitting on the edge.  Roach made a move as well as Haylock's group.  

The Grand Champion will be decided this Sunday at 11:30am.

Liverpool will finish 3rd as the best of the rest and where most people expected.

Fever surprised me a bit.  I think they finish 4th

Sting West has had a tough stretch of opponents, but I didn't see the loss to Haylock coming.  I also thought they could play DTS closer, as only Shepard, Spirit, Sting Robles and Revolution have done worse.  But having put those games behind them, I think they will finish in the 5th spot, but their April 1 game with Sting East just became quite important.  Sting East's loss to Liverpool Redknapp probably keeps them from supplanting Sting West - particularly if the Solar cavalry shows up on April 8.

Byars will rally the troops (i.e., their guest players) and take the 7th spot.

My picks for 8-9 are Solar Haylock and Kicks JM, but Kicks better figure out how to score some goals.  FCD North has the tougher games, and I even see the possibility of Triumph and DT Central surpassing FCD North.  Unfortunately, even if they leap frog FCD North, it will be for 10th.

As for the rest, I just don't see 18-20 changing.  West Bean finishes against current No. 2, 6, 8, and 12.  Bellatores finishes against 10, 12, 13, 15.  Better chance, but they need at least a win and a draw - and for Guzman or Robles to finish without a single result, which are real possibilities.

So, in sum, putting aside the issue of Grand Champion, I don't see much changing at the important places except the 9 and 10 spots.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 20/03/17, 01:06 pm

1-3 clearly play at a different level although I'd even argue that LP does not belong in the same class as Kicks and DTS. Even though they have 2 girls that can throw a ball farther than I've seen in my life.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/03/17, 01:36 pm

I think LPE stands tall above the rest as superior. Not with the top two. I bet they could hold their own against Solar Colvin and perhaps beat Solar Pulp and Sting Higgy. Would probably beat FCD Blue but probably lose out to FCD Red. Strong team though.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 20/03/17, 01:42 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:I think LPE stands tall above the rest as superior. Not with the top two. I bet they could hold their own against Solar Colvin and perhaps beat Solar Pulp and Sting Higgy.  Would probably beat FCD Blue but probably lose out to FCD Red.  Strong team though.

Probably a fair assessment. They tied (0-0) and beat (2-0) Higgy in Spring Roundup. I wish there were more tournaments where LP squared up against JDL teams.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/03/17, 01:43 pm

ForReal wrote:
05girls wrote:Interesting stuff shaping up for those vying for D1.  5-10 are separated by 6 points with 4 games left.  Interesting that Kicks is now on the outside looking in.  Byars group is now precariously sitting on the edge.  Roach made a move as well as Haylock's group.  

The Grand Champion will be decided this Sunday at 11:30am.Flip a coin. DTS is still DTS. Tough to beat the best twice in a row.

Liverpool will finish 3rd as the best of the rest and where most people expected. Completely agree

Fever surprised me a bit.  I think they finish 4th Also agree

Sting West has had a tough stretch of opponents, but I didn't see the loss to Haylock coming.  I also thought they could play DTS closer, as only Shepard, Spirit, Sting Robles and Revolution have done worse.  But having put those games behind them, I think they will finish in the 5th spot, but their April 1 game with Sting East just became quite important.  Sting East's loss to Liverpool Redknapp probably keeps them from supplanting Sting West - particularly if the Solar cavalry shows up on April 8.I think West and East are 5 and 6. But hard to tell which will be 5.

Byars will rally the troops (i.e., their guest players) and take the 7th spot.They took one on the chin Saturday. Will stay at 7.

My picks for 8-9 are Solar Haylock and Kicks JM, but Kicks better figure out how to score some goals.  FCD North has the tougher games, and I even see the possibility of Triumph and DT Central surpassing FCD North.  Unfortunately, even if they leap frog FCD North, it will be for 10th.Tough guess the rest of the way. North White has the toughest schedule and can only bring 1 CPP last three weeks. If they finish 1-3 they will head to D2.

As for the rest, I just don't see 18-20 changing.  West Bean finishes against current No. 2, 6, 8, and 12.  Bellatores finishes against 10, 12, 13, 15.  Better chance, but they need at least a win and a draw - and for Guzman or Robles to finish without a single result, which are real possibilities.

So, in sum, putting aside the issue of Grand Champion, I don't see much changing at the important places except the 9 and 10 spots.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 02:09 pm

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:I think LPE stands tall above the rest as superior. Not with the top two. I bet they could hold their own against Solar Colvin and perhaps beat Solar Pulp and Sting Higgy.  Would probably beat FCD Blue but probably lose out to FCD Red.  Strong team though.

Probably a fair assessment.  They tied (0-0) and beat (2-0) Higgy in Spring Roundup.  I wish there were more tournaments where LP squared up against JDL teams.

Agree.  I think LPE beats Colvin if they control the one difference maker.  They are better than Higgy and FCD BLue.  i think they are 4 in the area.  FCD red, Kicks Sel, and DTS are clearly better in my opinion.

LPE is clearly better than the rest of 05 LHGCL D1.  They seem to play close games, but they almost always win against the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 02:30 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Haylock has really improved.  I heard they added a couple players that have really made a difference.  FCD North has also played well overall, but they have one or two kids that can really play.

The Grand Champion will be decided this Sunday at 11:30am.Flip a coin.  DTS is still DTS.  Tough to beat the best twice in a row.

I'm on the Selecao train for this one.  They just play better soccer.  DTS has better athletes, but Kicks plays better soccer.  I think Kicks 2-1.

Liverpool will finish 3rd as the best of the rest and where most people expected. Completely agree

They are pretty much locked in at 3.  Definitely played to their seed from the beginning.

Fever surprised me a bit.  I think they finish 4th Also agree

Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm a Penn fan from years ago.  I'm surprised, but not surprised.  He has always gotten the most out of his kids.  I think most expected them to finish middle of the pack, and here they are right behind the top teams.  I've said it before, give Penn some players and he'd have them at the top.

Sting West has had a tough stretch of opponents, but I didn't see the loss to Haylock coming.  I also thought they could play DTS closer, as only Shepard, Spirit, Sting Robles and Revolution have done worse.  But having put those games behind them, I think they will finish in the 5th spot, but their April 1 game with Sting East just became quite important.  Sting East's loss to Liverpool Redknapp probably keeps them from supplanting Sting West - particularly if the Solar cavalry shows up on April 8.I think West and East are 5 and 6.  But hard to tell which will be 5.

Clearly, something has happened to Diaz's kids out West.  They've played solid teams but as mentioned, no way they should lose to Haylock despite their improvements.  I think East beats them.  If THAT happens, wow.  Then that game vs FCD North looms even bigger.  If they lose both or even tie both, look out.  Those parents are gonna bolt, and rightfully so.  There's something wrong with that team right now.  If Diaz can't pull that together, his kids will start looking around.  And in my opinion, they probably should.  With FCD with a west branch and Texans already with a presence out there, then throw in that Fever Penn has exceeded all expectations, those kids have local options. Given fees and coaching, Fever Penn should expect a lot of people coming to look from West...lol

Byars will rally the troops (i.e., their guest players) and take the 7th spot.They took one on the chin Saturday.  Will stay at 7.

My picks for 8-9 are Solar Haylock and Kicks JM, but Kicks better figure out how to score some goals.  FCD North has the tougher games, and I even see the possibility of Triumph and DT Central surpassing FCD North.  Unfortunately, even if they leap frog FCD North, it will be for 10th.Tough guess the rest of the way.  North White has the toughest schedule and can only bring 1 CPP last three weeks. If they finish 1-3 they will head to D2.

The three teams mentioned are essentially the same team.  Flip some coins.  Triumph, however, is not a good team - decent, but not good.

Last edited by skiberdad on 20/03/17, 02:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 02:32 pm

05girls wrote:1-3 clearly play at a different level although I'd even argue that LP does not belong in the same class as Kicks and DTS.  Even though they have 2 girls that can throw a ball farther than I've seen in my life.  

lol re: throwing the ball.....

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 20/03/17, 02:44 pm

^^i mean, have you seen this? It's a freak show. Funny thing is, when we played them, nobody on their team wanted to get under it. So they lost just about every one. Haha.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 02:47 pm

05girls wrote:^^i mean, have you seen this?  It's a freak show.  Funny thing is, when we played them, nobody on their team wanted to get under it.  So they lost just about every one. Haha.

LMAO... no, I don't see many 05 games anymore. And when I do it's only bits and pieces so I can't claim to have seen the freakish cannon arms of LPE.... Can those two with cannons actually play soccer or do they just hide until a ball has to be thrown?Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 20/03/17, 02:54 pm

Good question. I wasn't overly impressed with the team, but I was impressed with their ability to throw a soccer ball. Maybe I was distracted by Tom Bradyesque darts being thrown down field over and over.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/03/17, 03:20 pm

They can hurl the ball.......Far.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TXMOZ 20/03/17, 03:47 pm

Have seen LP girls multiple times this year. The one girl (center back I believe) can throw it from the sideline into the 18 yard box. Not like to the edge, but INTO the box. Never seen an 11 year old throw the ball that far.

TXMOZ
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerAdvice2Go 20/03/17, 03:52 pm

Nothing like adding fuel to a fire. I won’t waste anyone’s time with opinions outside Top 10. Here you go:
1) Kicks – best all around skill and ball movement. Deserve #1 slot. Will continue to get better as team molds over second half of season and summer. Not that they are not scary already but wait until next season.
2) Texans – really good athletes. Big. Don’t seem to have progressed as one would think with same mix of DDs for longer than most teams. I expect more from them. However, even bench players stronger than most teams starters.
3) Liverpool – seem to be where they belong. Not overly impressive though just enough to stay ahead of rest. Don’t usually see great soccer (have seen some good throw ins). Just play dirty and leads to goals. But I guess if that works for them. Wackiest parent in all LH.
4) Fever – not sure they belong here or not. Seem to have good days and bad days. Definitely surprise team of season. Have to question "skiberdad" is it coach getting most out of kids or was new talent picked up the real difference. Team has come long way to get this far from D3 in one season.
5) Sting West – have had struggles against top teams. They have easy stretch to finish which should lock them into Top 5. They will need forwards to step up and do some finishing to finish ahead of east.
6) Sting East – can leave it all on field. Game vs West will decide their fate. They will struggle to finish and West wins 1-0. They will need to get stronger with possession and finishing in offseason to see much improvement.
7) Haylock – nice win over West. Shows team is progressing. Good momentum heading into final weeks. Need to continue to better develop balance of team. Seem to have had same strategy as Fever and picked up one or two talented DDs in offseason that have made a difference.
Cool Kicks – just make it in by skin of their teeth. Finally turn things around final weeks. Really struggling with finishing. Probably surprise “worst” team performance of the season.
9) DTS Central – play similar style to Triumph and FCD North. But will prevail in ranking but still be relegated. Need to add finishers. Averaging less than goal a game will not keep you in D1.
10) FCD North. Playing well. A bit surprised. Talent level very unbalanced much like other bottom Top 10. One or two kids that standout.

SoccerAdvice2Go
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 04:37 pm

What new talent? You mean relative to the D3 team? I don't know details but they only picked up younger girls. They were an 04/05 school age team. I know that it is certainly possible that ALL of the younger kids they picked up were better than the 04s that moved out cuz of age pure but that isn't the likely case. The kids they brought in are a whole year younger than the 04s that moved out. Plus Fever was picked to finish middle of the pack going into the fall meaning the team had already been together since spring and still picked to finish middle of the pack on the edge of D1/D2 relegation.

People saw them through the spring and qualifying and made those picks. The team has not picked up anyone since, I don't think. (Maybe someone from Fever can confirm?) soooo given that, I'd say the variable is coaching.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 04:43 pm

Oh and I lol-ed at the wackiest dad comment. Seriously - what a nut job. His daughter is probably embarrassed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 20/03/17, 04:49 pm

skiberdad wrote:What new talent? You mean relative to the D3 team?  I don't know details but they only picked up younger girls.  They were an 04/05 school age team.  I know that it is certainly possible that ALL of the younger kids they picked up were better than the 04s that moved out cuz of age pure but that isn't the likely case. The kids they brought in are a whole year younger than the 04s that moved out.  Plus Fever was picked to finish middle of the pack going into the fall meaning the team had already been together since spring and still picked to finish middle of the pack on the edge of D1/D2 relegation.

People saw them through the spring and qualifying and made those picks. The team has not picked up anyone since, I don't think. (Maybe someone from Fever can confirm?)  soooo given that, I'd say the variable is coaching.  

I've read some of the comments above to suggest teams (not just Fever) actually picked up players as recently as December/January, which would surprise me.  How many difference makers are out there at that time of the year?  Did this happen for anyone?

I went back and looked at the 05 QT thread (that was a good thread: https://www.txsoccer.net/t31861-05s-2016-qt).  After TUT, Fever was a consensus 4-6 pick headed into qualifying.  With some teams already having byes (DTS, Sting West, DT Central, etc.), I expected them to finish in the 6-10 range.  Not too far off, but I would say they've presently exceeded everyone's expectations.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 04:55 pm

^^^ exactly. That's why I point to Penn as the difference at Fever. No way they suddenly picked up a bunch of stud players in the middle of a season when everyone is locked in contracts.

That was a fun thread from back in the summer. That's why I only end up commenting in this age group when i have no real connection to it. It's the only age group that has real convos anymore around here.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/03/17, 05:03 pm

Sorry guys I don't buy into Fever all of a sudden getting better. They played 5 of top 8 during the Fall. Only had to play DTS and Sting West for Spring. Spring very light for them so that is the big difference. At least in my eyes.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 05:16 pm

The point is that they are better than people thought they would be going into the fall, not at the end of the fall. They were picked to finish in the bottom of D1. And now they are likely going to finish significantly higher.

So knowing all of the teams, people still thought they were around 8 or so not 4th.

Plus I never thought they suddenly got better. It's that they've consistently gotten better as opposed to other teams that have underperformed. Example if you check their gotsoccer records -- they lost to Sting West by 3 in the spring and just beat them by 2 last month. That's a five goal swing. That's a big swing.

They may have more to do with West collapse, but still outperforming your expectations should given to the coach if no new variables are introduced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/03/17, 05:24 pm

skiberdad wrote:
05girls wrote:1-3 clearly play at a different level although I'd even argue that LP does not belong in the same class as Kicks and DTS.  Even though they have 2 girls that can throw a ball farther than I've seen in my life.  

lol!

Is this the '06 from Kat Webb last year?

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/03/17, 05:25 pm

skiberdad wrote:The point is that they are better than people thought they would be going into the fall, not at the end of the fall. They were picked to finish in the bottom of D1. And now they are likely going to finish significantly higher.

So knowing all of the teams, people still thought they were around 8 or so not 4th.  

Plus I never thought they suddenly got better. It's that they've consistently gotten better as opposed to other teams that have underperformed.  Example if you check their gotsoccer records -- they lost to Sting West by 3 in the spring and just beat them by 2 last month. That's a five goal swing.  That's a big swing.

They may have more to do with West collapse, but still outperforming your expectations should given to the coach if no new variables are introduced.
Thats my point. They have not gained any new players, just had an easier schedule this spring. Yes they were picked to finish in bottom half of LH D1 and yes they have done better than that, but the point is if they were playing top 8 level talent in Spring would they still be climbing or would they be falling. That is my point. I think they would be falling. Penn is good coach but you only have to work with what you have. Its not entirely there. Good nucleus though. Get a few pick ups this summer and they could scare a few folks come Fall of '17. If they do not get any new players then they could get passed up by a few teams next year. All I am saying.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/03/17, 05:27 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
skiberdad wrote:

lol!

Is this the '06 from Kat Webb last year?  
I don't believe so. I think she played on the 05 Elite team last year.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by poobaby_02 20/03/17, 05:31 pm

No new players for Fever Penn since we signed in July unless you count the CPP players from our Plano team. Same core girls - same coach - hard work - improved results. cheers
poobaby_02
poobaby_02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next