North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 Poll-  Sidelines Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

03 Poll- Sidelines

Go down

Which of the following 03 teams have the rowdiest sideline?

03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap2%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap6%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap27%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 17 ]
03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap11%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap20%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 13 ]
03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap5%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap6%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_lcap17%03 Poll-  Sidelines Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 11 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 64

Poll closed

03 Poll-  Sidelines Empty 03 Poll- Sidelines

Post by SolarPower00 22/10/12, 11:15 am

I've often wondered what 03 team is generally regarded as having the most passionate or rowdy parents. I've selected 12 of the top 03 teams and placed them in alphabetical order. Please no horror stories, just your vote.

Last edited by SolarPower00 on 22/10/12, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

03 Poll-  Sidelines Empty Re: 03 Poll- Sidelines

Post by bigheadpena 22/10/12, 11:24 am

For real? Who often wonders about who had the loudest most obnoxious parents. Lame attempt to get some s..t started. Rolling Eyes If you really want to expose these out of control sideline parents get them on camera! Everyone has a cellphone that can record. Lets start sending these videos to the coaches and club officials. If nothing changes there is always YouTube. These clubs don't want this type of negative pub. Anyone can get on here and post comments no matter how true or false they are but there no getting around a video. Let a few videos hit the Internet and watch the change!
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar Red SRSA 03G 22/10/12, 11:46 am

bigheadpena wrote:For real? Who often wonders about who had the loudest most obnoxious parents. Lame attempt to get some s..t started. Rolling Eyes If you really want to expose these out of control sideline parents get them on camera! Everyone has a cellphone that can record. Lets start sending these videos to the coaches and club officials. If nothing changes there is always YouTube. These clubs don't want this type of negative pub. Anyone can get on here and post comments no matter how true or false they are but there no getting around a video. Let a few videos hit the Internet and watch the change!

Amen!
Solar Red SRSA 03G
Solar Red SRSA 03G
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 22/10/12, 11:58 am

I'll agree with that bighead
Let me change the wording of my original post...really no intent to start s#*\.
Just curious if certain teams stand out compared to others in this category
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 22/10/12, 12:07 pm

Can we vote for more than one team?

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 22/10/12, 12:23 pm

You brought up a good subject. Some parents are getting out of control and no one is doing anything about it. Every once in a while a ref will throw someone out but that far and few between.
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 22/10/12, 01:00 pm

But..........I would have to say Fever Black is the worst. Way too may South Irving families on the team. That's right I said it!
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides 22/10/12, 01:26 pm

Can we vote multiple times for the same team with multiple parents that go up and down the field screaming at their girls and telling the Ref's who kicked it out or my favorite "hand ball". Get over it the Refs are going to make the call and they arent going to change their decision so sit down shutup and watch the game from your side.
Not sure what you are doing down here since our girls just scored on your girls down there. cheers

Offsides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 22/10/12, 01:55 pm

bigheadpena wrote:But..........I would have to say Fever Black is the worst. Way too may South Irving families on the team. That's right I said it!

Takes one to know one bighead!!
Very Happy

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 22/10/12, 01:59 pm

I resemble that remark.....wait that's not how that goes scratch
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 24/10/12, 09:44 am

Just one day of voting left for the most unruly parents. A couple of surprises here?

Our current #1 and #3 of the rowdiest sideline parents will be on the same sideline this Saturday. Oh my.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 24/10/12, 11:45 am

Stirring the pot again Solar? Smile

What I find amazing is that there are actually 52 people that have voted and yet there's only about 10 people that ever post on the 03 board Smile

From what I've noticed from watching this age group is every team has a few parents that are bat $hit crazy at times. Add that into the fact that most parents have no clue what a foul is or when a yellow card should actually be shown you get a lot of rowdy parents.

The funny thing is I've watched all four of the top teams on this list and have friends with kids on three of the four teams and have never seen a thing different from them than anyone else on the list. There are a couple of teams not listed that I could make a case for but seriously this type of poll is obviously posted to try to cause trouble and there's no real need for it.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 24/10/12, 11:59 am

Not trying to stir the pot.....I do feel this topic has value.
If your team's parents were recognized throughout this NTX community as 'over the top'
Wouldn't you want to be aware of it???? Whether you are the coach, director, or just another parent.
I'm sure that most know that they're not the best behaved. But they might not know how the community feels about them
In fact I've been surprised by the results....my top choices aren't apparently so bad afterall!
Believe me I could've found much better ways to stir the pot if that was the goal.

Have no fear GrandTX, this unnecessary poll will be gone soon and the 03 forum can return to business as usual with weekly TGPL projections. Sleep

Last edited by SolarPower00 on 24/10/12, 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/10/12, 12:13 pm

"Not trying to stir the pot"

Pull down your skirt, SolarPower00. Your agenda is showing.

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 24/10/12, 12:39 pm

Great, now I've got LP 04 parents involved. pale
Maybe this poll was a bad idea.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 24/10/12, 01:18 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Stirring the pot again Solar? Smile

What I find amazing is that there are actually 52 people that have voted and yet there's only about 10 people that ever post on the 03 board Smile

From what I've noticed from watching this age group is every team has a few parents that are bat $hit crazy at times. Add that into the fact that most parents have no clue what a foul is or when a yellow card should actually be shown you get a lot of rowdy parents.

The funny thing is I've watched all four of the top teams on this list and have friends with kids on three of the four teams and have never seen a thing different from them than anyone else on the list. There are a couple of teams not listed that I could make a case for but seriously this type of poll is obviously posted to try to cause trouble and there's no real need for it.

Interesting indeed! Another observation is that you see a certain group surge way ahead on day 1 and day 2 and standout quite obviously then magically (not so much) the other 2 groups behind seem to increment by 2 for each additional vote cast for the lead team as the days wear on. I don't think this is any accident either. At the current pace 3 teams will be equal once this poll closes although one team jumped way out in front in the initial 2 days.

In full disclosure I'm by far and away the loudest Sting Mendoza parent although I miss about 50% of the games. One thing I pride myself on is that I absolutely refuse to yell at another team's kid. I absolutely refuse to converse or yell towards another team's parents except on one occasion during the Plano Labor Day tournament when a parent felt it was his duty (or utter lack of hand/eye coordination) to absolutely whack a ball further out of play that was headed slowly toward him in an effort to kill time. In that case I didn't yell but I did stand next to him for the remainder of the game and whispered sweet nothings in his ear urging/encouraging him to get involved in the game again...not my proudest moment but warranted IMO. I'm wired such that during the game the opposing team (even if they have friends on them) is the enemy and there is no cavorting with the enemy unless you are acknowledging a great play by that team (I ignore BS but I appreciate spectacular plays even when they are against me.) The final scoring play of this past weekend's game vs FCD East where the studette outran ran 4 defenders from midfield to goal box and scored was worthy of and greeted by me of a standing ovation and claps even though it was the winning goal with a minute to go. And finally I've learned through many years of playing sports from recreational through D1 college that yelling at the referee has no positive impact...ever thus I layoff them for all intents and purposes.

My kids are fair game though...My barkings are known across two age groups by most and the parents of my DD's teams have taken to yelling my signature line to my DD's during my many absences. Those lines are:

1. "blah...blah...blah, TWELVE... blah, blah". I call my DDs by their number instead of their names. I even do this around the house sometimes. My eldest daughter changing numbers from TWELVE to SEVEN has been a problem. I've been reprimanded by my wife on several occasions for yelling TWELVE instead of SEVEN. In Chicago my DD yelled I'm SEVEN! A las TWELVE allows me to conjure my Barry White where as SEVEN forces me to go up an octave which doesn't get the same impact. Most of my bellows are "You are killing me TWELVE", "What was that TWELVE?", "Good idea TWELVE", "Pick it up TWELVE", "You've got to be kidding me TWELVE". As the younger one dutifully points out...."Dad you yell good things for the other kids and even the other team but when I do well I don't hear you." We all have our crosses to bear....mine is that I'm not overly positive with my own kids as I don't want to give any parent the occasion to think I'm bragging on them and be resentful.
2. "Great job #X" which is bellowed for every kid (on my DD's team) that runs off the pitch.
3. "Great ball #X" to first acknowledge every assist on a goal then
4. "Way to finish #X" to finally acknowledge the scorer.

In summary....I'm loud but never boastful, disparaging or antagonizing regardless of the outcome. I'm sure I'm irritating too but no one ever tells me except my wife.

Last edited by outonthelimb on 24/10/12, 01:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling...poor grammar)
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 24/10/12, 01:39 pm

Does anyone really think an anonymous poll on a message board is even remotely close to being able to determine anything? Heck most of the parents I'm friends with in this age group don't even know this site exists. Seriously, the top 4 teams on this list played each other last weekend and it was already known there was some drama in one game so there is no surprise that those two teams are polling towards the top. All this poll tells me is that there are quite a few Mendoza and FC Dallas parents that frequent the board Smile

Maybe you really believe this is somehow helpful or even informative, my suspicious though (and apparently most everyone else's) is that you are just trying to stir the pot over 9 year old girls soccer. Maybe I'm wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 24/10/12, 02:00 pm

I sincerely hope that there are only 3 Mendoza parents that browse this site! If there are more then shame on you!!
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 24/10/12, 02:03 pm

Come on outonthelimb! I'm trying to read and drive at the same time give us the Cliff Notes version next time. But I think you standing behind that a-hole parent is funny.
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 24/10/12, 02:42 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Stirring the pot again Solar? Smile

Interesting indeed! Another observation is that you see a certain group surge way ahead on day 1 and day 2 and standout quite obviously then magically (not so much) the other 2 groups behind seem to increment by 2 for each additional vote cast for the lead team as the days wear on. I don't think this is any accident either. At the current pace 3 teams will be equal once this poll closes although one team jumped way out in front in the initial 2 days.

In full disclosure I'm by far and away the loudest Sting Mendoza parent although I miss about 50% of the games. One thing I pride myself on is that I absolutely refuse to yell at another team's kid. I absolutely refuse to converse or yell towards another team's parents except on one occasion during the Plano Labor Day tournament when a parent felt it was his duty (or utter lack of hand/eye coordination) to absolutely whack a ball further out of play that was headed slowly toward him in an effort to kill time. In that case I didn't yell but I did stand next to him for the remainder of the game and whispered sweet nothings in his ear urging/encouraging him to get involved in the game again...not my proudest moment but warranted IMO. I'm wired such that during the game the opposing team (even if they have friends on them) is the enemy and there is no cavorting with the enemy unless you are acknowledging a great play by that team (I ignore BS but I appreciate spectacular plays even when they are against me.) The final scoring play of this past weekend's game vs FCD East where the studette outran ran 4 defenders from midfield to goal box and scored was worthy of and greeted by me of a standing ovation and claps even though it was the winning goal with a minute to go. And finally I've learned through many years of playing sports from recreational through D1 college that yelling at the referee has no positive impact...ever thus I layoff them for all intents and purposes.

My kids are fair game though...My barkings are known across two age groups by most and the parents of my DD's teams have taken to yelling my signature line to my DD's during my many absences. Those lines are:

1. "blah...blah...blah, TWELVE... blah, blah". I call my DDs by their number instead of their names. I even do this around the house sometimes. My eldest daughter changing numbers from TWELVE to SEVEN has been a problem. I've been reprimanded by my wife on several occasions for yelling TWELVE instead of SEVEN. In Chicago my DD yelled I'm SEVEN! A las TWELVE allows me to conjure my Barry White where as SEVEN forces me to go up an octave which doesn't get the same impact. Most of my bellows are "You are killing me TWELVE", "What was that TWELVE?", "Good idea TWELVE", "Pick it up TWELVE", "You've got to be kidding me TWELVE". As the younger one dutifully points out...."Dad you yell good things for the other kids and even the other team but when I do well I don't hear you." We all have our crosses to bear....mine is that I'm not overly positive with my own kids as I don't want to give any parent the occasion to think I'm bragging on them and be resentful.
2. "Great job #X" which is bellowed for every kid (on my DD's team) that runs off the pitch.
3. "Great ball #X" to first acknowledge every assist on a goal then
4. "Way to finish #X" to finally acknowledge the scorer.

In summary....I'm loud but never boastful, disparaging or antagonizing regardless of the outcome. I'm sure I'm irritating too but no one ever tells me except my wife.

5 years from now: "I just have no idea why she is so belligerent and rebellious towards us. I mean, we gave her a roof over her head, a good education, went to all of her soccer games, yelled at her - I mean, for her, embarrassed her in front of her friends on the team, - I mean encouraged all of her friends on the team. She had it better than I did as a kid, I just don't understand what we did wrong. I mean, she doesn't even want to play soccer anymore."
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 24/10/12, 04:02 pm

Oh now I see how things work, thanks for the clairvoyance. All this time, I thought kids were belligerent and disrespectful because they lacked discipline, guidance and a heavy hand. I've seen many a quiet parent whose children are an absolute mess and some loud ones whose kids are an absolute mess as well. I've even seen a few toddlers say no to their parents and actually hit them....I guess mom/dad were a bit too loud when coaxing the kid to the potty. Rolling Eyes

My parents are loud cheerers and quite opinionated...I get it honestly. However, I've never been disrespectful or belligerent towards them. I can assure you my behavior towards them had nothing to do with what they said to me on the field. I think it had more to do with the fact that despite their obvious intelligence I was convinced that they were lunatics and would take great pleasure in doing me bodily harm if the situation demanded such. Mom especially took Proverbs 13:24 at its word.

To each it's own though, best wishes to you in your child rearing. I hope both our chosen paths lead to positive results for our children.

outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 24/10/12, 04:20 pm

outonthelimb wrote:Oh now I see how things work, thanks for the clairvoyance. All this time, I thought kids were belligerent and disrespectful because they lacked discipline, guidance and a heavy hand. I've seen many a quiet parent whose children are an absolute mess and some loud ones whose kids are an absolute mess as well. I've even seen a few toddlers say no to their parents and actually hit them....I guess mom/dad were a bit too loud when coaxing the kid to the potty. Rolling Eyes

My parents are loud cheerers and quite opinionated...I get it honestly. However, I've never been disrespectful or belligerent towards them. I can assure you my behavior towards them had nothing to do with what they said to me on the field. I think it had more to do with the fact that despite their obvious intelligence I was convinced that they were lunatics and would take great pleasure in doing me bodily harm if the situation demanded such. Mom especially took Proverbs 13:24 at its word.

To each it's own though, best wishes to you in your child rearing. I hope both our chosen paths lead to positive results for our children.

Im sure you are a great parent. It just seemed that you were somewhat proud and trying to justify being "loud, obnoxious and opinionated" when it came to your 10 year old little girls soccer play. I'm sure all the other parents on your team love this aspect about you as well.

You reap what you sew, that is my point, no other.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 24/10/12, 04:31 pm

flygirl wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:Oh now I see how things work, thanks for the clairvoyance. All this time, I thought kids were belligerent and disrespectful because they lacked discipline, guidance and a heavy hand. I've seen many a quiet parent whose children are an absolute mess and some loud ones whose kids are an absolute mess as well. I've even seen a few toddlers say no to their parents and actually hit them....I guess mom/dad were a bit too loud when coaxing the kid to the potty. Rolling Eyes

Im sure you are a great parent. It just seemed that you were somewhat proud and trying to justify being "loud, obnoxious and opinionated" when it came to your 10 year old little girls soccer play. I'm sure all the other parents on your team love this aspect about you as well.

You reap what you sew, that is my point, no other.
touché
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cottagers 24/10/12, 08:53 pm

Why is DT South not listed??
Cottagers
Cottagers
TxSoccer Poster