North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'03 Division Outlook - Page 13 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'03 Division Outlook

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

'03 Division Outlook - Page 13 Empty Re: '03 Division Outlook

Post by RocketFish 06/12/12, 11:19 am

Till-I-Collapse wrote:What is really funny, or sad depending how you look at it, is that the teams actually feel the need to change their names in futsal/indoor leagues. That alone tells you that they DO care about the perception of wins/losses. Otherwise, why not use their "real" team name?

That is not true at all, the names done mean a thing. The DDs have fun if they are the Red Rockets or Dallas Texans Red. Who cares? Your statement is ludicrous. Have the gorls have no idea what team they play on unless their parents tell them they play for a different team name, they know they play at 3pm Saturday that's about it.

RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 06/12/12, 11:19 am

RunsLikeWind wrote:
Till-I-Collapse wrote:What is really funny, or sad depending how you look at it, is that the teams actually feel the need to change their names in futsal/indoor leagues. That alone tells you that they DO care about the perception of wins/losses. Otherwise, why not use their "real" team name?

It is sad for those trying to figure out the teams and for those that would change their names because they are worried losing some games. However, I feel for those teams, becuase if they do lose, someone will jump on here and say " we beat them in futsal in December". Could you imagine the stink if SRSA decided to put a few players in new postions, said they had to pass ten times before a shot and then wound up losing because of it. The board and rankings gurus would be in an uproar over the fall of SRSA.

The entire atmosphere is only about who wins and who loses.

I dont think it was too hard to figure out who was who no matter what the name is - its not like SRSA could hide the freakin' 40 girls running around in the same shirts that say SRSA on the front of them. It seemed like they were in every game I walked past...

Futsal is about fun, quick decision making and speed of play. If you have experienced the futsal training the twins conduct, you will see they focus on these aspects. It helps compliment outdoor soccer. I think the parents are the only ones concerned about winning and losing. I know I hammered my DD all the way home because of those bad passes she made...it cost us the game (joking of course)

Now if you want to see competitive futsal... that is a different animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_7QqzsYXtI
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 11:31 am

RocketFish wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:
cleat wrote:I don't understand why we need a guide. My DD's team (and most teams from what I've heard speaking to them) are doing this strictly for development and fun with none of the regular season pressures. To start trying to map formal team names with with their informal futsal team names makes it sound like people want to be able to draw conclusions from futsal results. That's not in the spirit of what many teams are doing with futsal.

You are right and I wish the league would not even keep standings. What you are seeing is the true hypocrisy of the North Texas Soccer Parent. We claim to be interested in development but at the heart of it, all most care about is who wins and who loses. This is a prime example.

You throw in the fact we have formulas and spreadhseets for ranking teams based solely on wins, and all this talk of development is really just jibberish. When the rubber hits the road, it is win babay win....

I am not saying there is anythnig wrong with winning, but own up to it and don't claim that development is important. Because trying to rank 7 and 8 year olds and deciphering who is who in a fun winter futsal league is not about development.

Hypocrisy is you being on this forum and then criticizing and ask why? You sir, cannot handle it. If you no likey, they you no looky. Very simple.

Futsal is about development and getting away from the academy/select world for an indoor season. The forum is here for us to speculate, randomize and well antagonize.

You are right in that Futsal is about development, but some parents Shocked are trying to suck the development right out of it.... Wink

If you are hear to "speculate, randomize and antagonize" you are doing a bang up job, carry on.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 06/12/12, 11:34 am

Most of the times the teams use different names because the enter multiple teams. If you have 16 girls on your regular roster you need two or three teams in order for everyone to benefit. It has very little to do with wins and losses and protecting their rep. Heck the playing area is much smaller so lots of times the big leg and straight away speed is negated do you will see kids that are great outdoors struggle with futsal. It's all part of the development.

I agree though Futsal is about kids playing different positions, even goalie, and getting better footwork. Hopefully the girls are having fun.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 11:40 am

Most of the times the teams use different names because the enter multiple teams. If you have 16 girls on your regular roster you need two or three teams in order for everyone to benefit.

ding ding ding, we have a winner. the names are irrelevant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 12:38 pm

flygirl wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:

It is sad for those trying to figure out the teams and for those that would change their names because they are worried losing some games. However, I feel for those teams, becuase if they do lose, someone will jump on here and say " we beat them in futsal in December". Could you imagine the stink if SRSA decided to put a few players in new postions, said they had to pass ten times before a shot and then wound up losing because of it. The board and rankings gurus would be in an uproar over the fall of SRSA.

I dont think it was too hard to figure out who was who no matter what the name is - its not like SRSA could hide the freakin' 40 girls running around in the same shirts that say SRSA on the front of them. It seemed like they were in every game I walked past...

Futsal is about fun, quick decision making and speed of play. If you have experienced the futsal training the twins conduct, you will see they focus on these aspects. It helps compliment outdoor soccer. I think the parents are the only ones concerned about winning and losing. I know I hammered my DD all the way home because of those bad passes she made...it cost us the game (joking of course)

It is a good idea to look at the city futsal training sessions! Absolutely amazing and fun for your DD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 12:39 pm

flygirl wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:

It is a good idea to look at the city futsal training sessions! Absolutely amazing and fun for your DD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/12, 12:40 pm

Sorry! Hit send twice

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 06/12/12, 01:38 pm

Couldn't agree more my 98, 00 and 03 attend frequently. Manuel and Esteban are great at what they do at all ages.
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 06/12/12, 04:12 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:
RocketFish wrote:
RunsLikeWind wrote:
cleat wrote:I don't understand why we need a guide. My DD's team (and most teams from what I've heard speaking to them) are doing this strictly for development and fun with none of the regular season pressures. To start trying to map formal team names with with their informal futsal team names makes it sound like people want to be able to draw conclusions from futsal results. That's not in the spirit of what many teams are doing with futsal.

You are right and I wish the league would not even keep standings. What you are seeing is the true hypocrisy of the North Texas Soccer Parent. We claim to be interested in development but at the heart of it, all most care about is who wins and who loses. This is a prime example.

You throw in the fact we have formulas and spreadhseets for ranking teams based solely on wins, and all this talk of development is really just jibberish. When the rubber hits the road, it is win babay win....

I am not saying there is anythnig wrong with winning, but own up to it and don't claim that development is important. Because trying to rank 7 and 8 year olds and deciphering who is who in a fun winter futsal league is not about development.

Hypocrisy is you being on this forum and then criticizing and ask why? You sir, cannot handle it. If you no likey, they you no looky. Very simple.

Futsal is about development and getting away from the academy/select world for an indoor season. The forum is here for us to speculate, randomize and well antagonize.

You are right in that Futsal is about development, but some parents Shocked are trying to suck the development right out of it.... Wink

If you are hear to "speculate, randomize and antagonize" you are doing a bang up job, carry on.... Very Happy

Yeah, Futsal is development. Outdoor is just hardcore body punishment and to get in shape. Yeah...

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 06/12/12, 04:41 pm

https://youtu.be/Ihmu18WVMpk - just what the title says. affraid affraid affraid affraid
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/12/12, 01:54 pm

RocketFish wrote:Couldn't agree more my 98, 00 and 03 attend frequently. Manuel and Esteban are great at what they do at all ages.

We will see you on the courts! My 00 trains on Wednesday with Esteban Academy group!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/12/12, 01:57 pm

totalsoccer wrote:
RocketFish wrote:Couldn't agree more my 98, 00 and 03 attend frequently. Manuel and Esteban are great at what they do at all ages.

We will see you on the courts! My 00 trains on Wednesday with Esteban Academy group!

He has a u-20 national team player in that group! That kid is amazing, and seems to be a nice guy!

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 09/12/12, 12:31 pm

"Surprising results from TFC Blue Cup"

The rumored demise of Fever exaggerated, dominated pool play in Semis today
Great showing by Cosmos! TW got his kids in semis
The Premier Status of FCD East overplayed with subpar showing. FCD have a ton of player, but need a consistent top team.
The so called top '04 RASE team got scalped by mid range competition and didn't advance?
AG got her girls in Semis, nice showing for big blue can they upset LP today?
LP Dalglish moving along as predicted easily advancing to semis, anything less than championship would be a disappointment if they consider themselves a top team.

Today's semis -

Cosmos / Fever
LP / Sting G

Games underway, for those in attendance need recap
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 09/12/12, 12:38 pm

Can't believe East didn't even get out of bracket play and LP got drummed by AG ?

The '03 group this weekend was very weak and void of talented top teams ...

Lots of parity across the board.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sticksandstones 09/12/12, 12:44 pm

Cosmos beat Fever.

Sting G beat LPD.

Finals at 2pm, Cosmos vs Sting G

sticksandstones
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/12/12, 01:37 pm

RocketFish wrote:

The Premier Status of FCD East overplayed with subpar showing. FCD have a ton of player, but need a consistent top team.
The so called top '04 RASE team got scalped by mid range competition and didn't advance?
LP Dalglish moving along as predicted easily advancing to semis, anything less than championship would be a disappointment if they consider themselves a top team.

Today's semis -

Cosmos / Fever
LP / Sting G

Inspiring observations, as ever! Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/12/12, 02:25 pm

Nice tournament for Cosmos for sure. From the feedback I've heard they played their best game this morning against Fever and worked hard to win most of the 50/50 balls. In the sting - LP semi it sounds like it was fairly even but considering it went to OT and then PK to come out with a winner it's pretty obvious.

From all the other feedback it sounds like a pretty poorly planned tournament. Sounds like the play was pretty typical of winter tournaments, sloppy.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 09/12/12, 02:56 pm

Master Bates wrote:
RocketFish wrote:

Today's semis -

Cosmos / Fever
LP / Sting G

Master sorry my observations doesn't work for you. The reality is you and your group talk alot about scalps against mid level '03 comp and being the very best '04 team in NT. if your group is a good as you think RASE should have at least got out of bracket play? Do you think SRSA would have any issues if they played up. If ranked with '03's RASE would be 15-20 range at best.  Suspect
RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeAgain 09/12/12, 03:20 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Nice tournament for Cosmos for sure. From the feedback I've heard they played their best game this morning against Fever and worked hard to win most of the 50/50 balls. In the sting - LP semi it sounds like it was fairly even but considering it went to OT and then PK to come out with a winner it's pretty obvious.

LPD had a tough time in the shootout and lost 3-1 after I believe shot #4.
I think both sides would agree the fouls called 10-to-1 against Sting was getting a little crazy.

Sting G with a solid 3-0 victory over Cosmos for the championship.
HomeAgain
HomeAgain
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 09/12/12, 04:24 pm

RocketFish wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RocketFish wrote:

Today's semis -

Cosmos / Fever
LP / Sting G

Master sorry my observations doesn't work for you. The reality is you and your group talk alot about scalps against mid level '03 comp and being the very best '04 team in NT. if your group is a good as you think RASE should have at least got out of bracket play? Do you think SRSA would have any issues if they played up. If ranked with '03's RASE would be 15-20 range at best. Suspect

Double 'ouch'.

I'm far from a RASE apologist....but they did win two 03 tournaments this fall. If RASE is anything like our team...who also had a disappointing tourney, they're tired. Three tournaments in the last 30 days....mix in some scrimmages and the girls are ready for a well deserved break.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/12/12, 05:04 pm

RocketFish wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RocketFish wrote:

Today's semis -

Cosmos / Fever
LP / Sting G

Master sorry my observations doesn't work for you. The reality is you and your group talk alot about scalps against mid level '03 comp and being the very best '04 team in NT. if your group is a good as you think RASE should have at least got out of bracket play? Do you think SRSA would have any issues if they played up. If ranked with '03's RASE would be 15-20 range at best.  Suspect

So 0-0 against Cosmos (who reached the final) and a victory against TFC is poor? I certainly wouldn't compare them to SRSA, they are nowhere near that good.

I'm not sure whether they had players missing for this tournament, for that we need the RASE font of all knowledge go99 to answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUH8N 09/12/12, 05:53 pm

RocketFish wrote:

The rumored demise of Fever exaggerated, dominated pool play in Semis today The only ones who rumored the demise of Fever was you and Bumpy. Guess it was a rumor that you were trying to get started. Fever seems to be just fine. Who exactly did they dominate though in pool play? Were you at the games to make such an assessment or are you basing your opinion on scores? I don't think Sting Goodman or FCD East would think they were dominated by Fever. If I recall correctly, scores were 1-1 and 1-0 against both those teams. They played FCD East and DT Moreno on a 9v9 field and WE ALL know the Fever DD is an excellent striker and can bang it from midfield on a 9v9 and score, so to say they dominated is truly an overstatement.
Great showing by Cosmos! TW got his kids in semis Great job to Cosmos!
The Premier Status of FCD East overplayed with subpar showing. FCD have a ton of player, but need a consistent top team. Again the Premier status of FCD East was a title given to FCD East again by you and Bumpy. I don't recall any thread on this board where anyone from FCD East stated they were the Premier team. I am assuming your team is always consistent since according to you, other teams are not.
The so called top '04 RASE team got scalped by mid range competition and didn't advance? The so called top 04 RASE team is still the TOP 04 RASE team, their showing this weekend did absolutely nothing to discredit that fact. They are still the TOP 04 team until they lose to another 04 team.
AG got her girls in Semis, nice showing for big blue can they upset LP today? AG did get her girls and Mendoza's girls into the Semis, she didn't do it without help from Mendoza's players. Good showing though for Sting, have the two teams finally decided to merge?
LP Dalglish moving along as predicted easily advancing to semis, anything less than championship would be a disappointment if they consider themselves a top team. Great job Dalglish, you will remain a top team as long as your group stays together and your girls keep clicking on all cylinders just like you've been doing.

Today's semis -

Cosmos / Fever
LP / Sting G

For you to give such as colorful assessment of what happened in bracket play, surely your team made the Finals......... After all, they must be consistent and top team who dominated their bracket.

YRUH8N
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 09/12/12, 06:11 pm

My take on the tournament - for what it's worth:

First of all, congratulations to Sting G - New coach shows she can come in, solidify a floundering team, implement policy and win a tournament in a short period of time. Impressive no doubt.

Independents:
Cosmos - Put to rest the thought that they can not win. It took a team effort and physical play to get them to the finals - they did that successfully

Fever - Star player came through on multiple occasions. What Fever has to figure out is how not to only depend on her. Those who figured out how to shut her down, shut down the team... Still a great showing, they will still be a force to recon with in the spring season.

Unknowns:
TFC Larry and Mutiny - you are now on the board. I think everyone underestimated both teams.
RASE 04 and Solar Blue - Great showing for the mostly 04 group, I think both teams would do well competing in TGPL Silver

Under performers:
LP Daglish 03 - Between a rock and a hard place as anything less than winning this tournament was a disappointment and underperforming.

FCD East - Simply did not look their best. Relying on kicking it long to the fast forwards most likely will not work any more. A more systematic approach is needed.

Sleepers / Up and Comers:
Sting Goodman and Sting Central - look for these teams to make top 10 waves this spring.

Individual call outs (of games I saw) - sorry I do not remember the numbers... no, none are my dd...

Fever forward - an exciting player to watch, fireworks happen when this kid gets the ball.
DT Moreno keeper - as C5Thomas will tell you, I am not into complimenting keepers, but this kid was impressive and kept games closer than they should have been - don't know why they ever sub'd her out.
LP Daglish center mid - Dominant player and key to the team - great accuracy and a big leg.
Sting Goodman forward - Great first touch, good speed, tremendous skill and saw the field - one to watch for sure...
Sting G Coach - Great attitude, confidence and control of her team - very impressive.

flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/12/12, 06:17 pm

it was an ugly weekend all around for RASE with the signature passing almost non existant. The cosmos game was hard fought but more opportunities for Cosmos. TFC the got the win but still an ugly game really. The mutiny game definitely had the shots going one way and RASE got caught trying to push up a defender to get the needed goal. Counter attacked from a girl that was scary fast. We have played alot of 03 teams but this girls speed was on a different level. From that point it was hoping she would miss and she didn't. We had way more opportunites but as far as I am concerned we deserved to lose and go home. Would have been a shame for us to go thru playing the way we did this weekend and for cosmos not to go thru. We were leading on the tie breaker. So glad rocketfish is enjoying the loss but tying the eventual tourney champ and being a counter attack away from the semis isn't too bad. Below expect but still not too bad. But anytime rocketfish's team wants to show RASE how bad it is, we would be up for the game.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketFish 09/12/12, 07:12 pm

go99 wrote:it was an ugly weekend all around for RASE with the signature passing almost non existant. The cosmos game was hard fought but more opportunities for Cosmos. TFC the got the win but still an ugly game really. The mutiny game definitely had the shots going one way and RASE got caught trying to push up a defender to get the needed goal. Counter attacked from a girl that was scary fast. We have played alot of 03 teams but this girls speed was on a different level. From that point it was hoping she would miss and she didn't. We had way more opportunites but as far as I am concerned we deserved to lose and go home. Would have been a shame for us to go thru playing the way we did this weekend and for cosmos not to go thru. We were leading on the tie breaker. So glad rocketfish is enjoying the loss but tying the eventual tourney champ and being a counter attack away from the semis isn't too bad. Below expect but still not too bad. But anytime rocketfish's team wants to show RASE how bad it is, we would be up for the game.

As I read the dialogue I was truly impressed with your honesty of the team's performance over the weekend, then I got to the end and was like WTH. The should a, would a, could a been in the semis except for the fact that well your team stank it up this weekend and well didn't quite frankly live up to expectations. Not too bad.

It is good to be humbled at times, but it is how you respond in the near future that will tell it all.

RocketFish
RocketFish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next