North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Should we have a coach review forum? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Should we have a coach review forum?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we have a coach review forum?

Should we have a coach review forum? Vote_lcap81%Should we have a coach review forum? Vote_rcap 81% 
[ 30 ]
Should we have a coach review forum? Vote_lcap19%Should we have a coach review forum? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

Should we have a coach review forum? Empty Should we have a coach review forum?

Post by Blank77 03/06/13, 11:58 am

So, over and over again you see people asking about coaches, or we find out such and such doesn't sign releases. Maybe we start a Coaches section and start threads for each coach with the good, the bad, and the ugly for each individual. I realize it would be home for sour grapes and lovesick managers - but it may also do some good.

Thoughts?
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Should we have a coach review forum? Empty Re: Should we have a coach review forum?

Post by Gunner9 03/06/13, 12:01 pm

There is a website that does that. Unfortunately, its not much use.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Should we have a coach review forum? Empty Re: Should we have a coach review forum?

Post by Coach 03/06/13, 12:08 pm

Where is the option -

Yes - It would turn into a sissy fight and I love drama.

???
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberjaw 03/06/13, 12:59 pm

Yes i would like to discuss coaches...i have a couple of good ones i would add to the talk.. haha.. Can we keep it unbiased? or is it always biased? I would like to know more about training sessions and who can coach and who waist time during the session.
jabberjaw
jabberjaw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 03/06/13, 01:14 pm

can it be like a product review with stars, pros and cons? Very Happy
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 03/06/13, 01:47 pm

I voted yes. If anyone has the huevos to pull this off, it's you, Blank. Unfortunately I think the probability is almost zero that any type of useful, relatively objective information could come out of it. There is too much subjectivity in why we (players, parents, et al.) like or dislike a certain person/coach.

Now if you restrict this to true "facts" (i.e. observable behaviors/events), e.g. will sign guest releases, will sign full releases to transfer, number of returning players year over year, how many players release to rec each year, etc., etc. ad nauseaum, you may have a remote shot at some indicators that MIGHT be useful when taken on the whole.

Good luck if you tackle this.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 03/06/13, 01:53 pm

I think the only way it wouldn't turn into a circus would be to take comments out of it.

Some would be yes/no responses while others might be scale of one to ten kind of thing. But then of course the list would be long and mighty in order to include most possibilities.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 03/06/13, 01:56 pm

Would a circus be bad? I kinda agree with coach - it would make for sissy drama and entertaining reading. Maybe put a disclaimer that the entire group is for entertainment purposes only, no wagering Smile
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 03/06/13, 02:08 pm

I think it could be very helpful. I realize you are going to get a lot of bias one way or the other. However, I think if used correctly it could be a great resource for preliminary research. You would just have to use it correctly:

1) Review prior posts of those providing input to see if there is an agenda
2) Put more weight behind those you respect on the forum and less from those you don't
3) Put less weight to 1st time posters unless there are a lot of facts/details to support them
4) Put less weight from someone that just lost to the coach in a recent tournament

I think it could certainly point people to some of the top coaches and probably more importantly point consumers away from truly poor coaches.
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberjaw 03/06/13, 02:11 pm

Cmon_Man wrote:I think it could be very helpful. I realize you are going to get a lot of bias one way or the other. However, I think if used correctly it could be a great resource for preliminary research. You would just have to use it correctly:

1) Review prior posts of those providing input to see if there is an agenda
2) Put more weight behind those you respect on the forum and less from those you don't
3) Put less weight to 1st time posters unless there are a lot of facts/details to support them
4) Put less weight from someone that just lost to the coach in a recent tournament

I think it could certainly point people to some of the top coaches and probably more importantly point consumers away from truly poor coaches.
Good Points Cmon...So when do we start? lol
jabberjaw
jabberjaw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 03/06/13, 02:14 pm

Admin has already added a group to the forum under Academy/Select Coaches.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 03/06/13, 02:14 pm

Blank -- At least allow wagering on the number of sockpuppet accounts that would be created within the 24 hours of the thread being posted. Razz
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 03/06/13, 11:40 pm

could start by naming the coaches who make practice/playing fun for the kids...."Even at the top level, if it's not fun it's not worth playing or coaching'...Pia Sundage...." You PLAY soccer, you don't work soccer"...Leo Weil..(Johns Hopkins Women's soccer Coach)...."As a teenager I was fortunate enough to play for coaches who gave me the freedom to enjoy the game, to have fun with the game, to learn the game"...Megan Rapino...There are too many coaches out there who make playing the game a chore. Maybe they need to be named.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 04/06/13, 07:27 am

The Rate My Coach website, http://www.ratemysoccercoach.com/ , is the only site that I'm aware of that already addresses this. In principle the idea is good but the over-the-top opinions ruin it. It's pretty worthless. The main problem with that site is that it's entirely based on opinions, and they are VERY STRONG opinions. It reads as really petty and there's little value added for outsiders.

I don't know if I trust the contributors on this board enough to give them that responsibility. There are too many people on this board that only look out for themselves.

For example... Several months ago a Liverpool Academy coach was arrested for a serious crime and the Liverpool parents never said a word. When an outsider tried to bring the arrest to light, the Liverpool parents bashed that individual with their full online fury. Those Liverpool folks were beating their drums about how great that coach was. They tried to sell it like the arrest and upcoming felony charges shouldn't matter because he’s innocent until proven guilty. They insisted their DDs would continue to play for him. They claimed none of us had any business discussing it here. Those Liverpool folks repeatedly accused the folks on this board of Slander for even discussing it. They weren't interested in helping our community as a whole. They wanted to salvage their club’s reputation and that coach in particular. They only cared about themselves in that situation.

The idea is decent in principle but it would turn into a sissy fight. NONE of what you read could be depended on. It would be a wasted corner of cyberspace to house anger and rage (and typos).
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/06/13, 07:35 am

Let the BBQ begin!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/06/13, 07:42 am

bigtex75081 wrote:The Rate My Coach website, http://www.ratemysoccercoach.com/ , is the only site that I'm aware of that already addresses this. In principle the idea is good but the over-the-top opinions ruin it. It's pretty worthless. The main problem with that site is that it's entirely based on opinions, and they are VERY STRONG opinions. It reads as really petty and there's little value added for outsiders.

I don't know if I trust the contributors on this board enough to give them that responsibility. There are too many people on this board that only look out for themselves.

For example... Several months ago a Liverpool Academy coach was arrested for a serious crime and the Liverpool parents never said a word. When an outsider tried to bring the arrest to light, the Liverpool parents bashed that individual with their full online fury. Those Liverpool folks were beating their drums about how great that coach was. They tried to sell it like the arrest and upcoming felony charges shouldn't matter because he’s innocent until proven guilty. They insisted their DDs would continue to play for him. They claimed none of us had any business discussing it here. Those Liverpool folks repeatedly accused the folks on this board of Slander for even discussing it. They weren't interested in helping our community as a whole. They wanted to salvage their club’s reputation and that coach in particular. They only cared about themselves in that situation.

The idea is decent in principle but it would turn into a sissy fight. NONE of what you read could be depended on. It would be a wasted corner of cyberspace to house anger and rage (and typos).

Correct me if I am wrong, but the coach you mention is back coaching at Liverpool and is listed on their website as the current coach of 3 '05 and 1 '06 girls academy teams. I'm assuming that means the guy was cleared of all charges, and maybe the parents who were defending him knew what they were talking about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/06/13, 07:50 am

OJ was walking the streets for years, but I wouldnt want him dating anyone I knew. Just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/06/13, 08:16 am

Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:OJ was walking the streets for years, but I wouldnt want him dating anyone I knew. Just saying.

I'm a total outsider looking in on this situation, so here's what I know...

The coach was arrested and charge with some felony counts, I think it was related to drug possession/trafficking. Coach almost immediately resigned/was suspended by Liverpool. Don't know which. Doesn't really matter. He was no longer coaching youth soccer teams at Liverpool or being shown as being employed by Liverpool.

Fast-forward a few months, he is now back listed as a coach at Liverpool, and is coaching multiple teams of 7-8 yr. old girls.

Given that limited information and outside view of the situation, I'm going to give the brass at Liverpool the benefit of the doubt that they are not complete idiots, and wouldn't hire this guy back and put him in close contact with young kids, unless they had full confidence that the arrest was a mistake.

Of course, if I was much closer to the situation (i.e. was considering having my DD play for this coach), I would certainly want to know of the incident, do my own research, and would ask pointed questions directly to the coach, and the club officials. Even then, not sure what I would do if I was in that situation.

I'm just trying to present this situation will at least some kind of balanced view and apply a little bit of common sense, instead of rushing straight to conspiracy theory and witch hunt judgement.

Come to think of it, I'd probably dunk him in a pool to see if he sinks or floats before I made my final decision...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/06/13, 08:25 am

bwgophers wrote:
Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:OJ was walking the streets for years, but I wouldnt want him dating anyone I knew. Just saying.

The coach was arrested and charge with some felony counts, I think it was related to drug possession/trafficking. Coach almost immediately resigned/was suspended by Liverpool. Don't know which. Doesn't really matter. He was no longer coaching youth soccer teams at Liverpool or being shown as being employed by Liverpool.

Fast-forward a few months, he is now back listed as a coach at Liverpool, and is coaching multiple teams of 7-8 yr. old girls.

Given that limited information and outside view of the situation, I'm going to give the brass at Liverpool the benefit of the doubt that they are not complete idiots, and wouldn't hire this guy back and put him in close contact with young kids, unless they had full confidence that the arrest was a mistake.

Of course, if I was much closer to the situation (i.e. was considering having my DD play for this coach), I would certainly want to know of the incident, do my own research, and would ask pointed questions directly to the coach, and the club officials. Even then, not sure what I would do if I was in that situation.

I'm just trying to present this situation will at least some kind of balanced view and apply a little bit of common sense, instead of rushing straight to conspiracy theory and witch hunt judgement.

Come to think of it, I'd probably dunk him in a pool to see if he sinks or floats before I made my final decision...

To be clear, I am not in any way commenting on that specific situation as I have no inside information on it, but @#@$ happens and people get off every day.

Now as far as giving the brass at LP credit for being smart enough to not put someone around small children that shouldnt be. Sorry, but I wont give them the same credit because of other incidents that I do have direct knowlegde of.

There are people that have no business being around young children and when things happen repeatedly, the brass should be smart enough to see that, not just reassign teams or sweep it under the rug.

As Bigtex pointed out, even if someone posted something of truth it would just be immediately attacked and that person condemned. So most people dont.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 04/06/13, 08:31 am

Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

To be clear, I am not in any way commenting on that specific situation as I have no inside information on it, but @#@$ happens and people get off every day.

Now as far as giving the brass at LP credit for being smart enough to not put someone around small children that shouldnt be. Sorry, but I wont give them the same credit because of other incidents that I do have direct knowlegde of.

There are people that have no business being around young children and when things happen repeatedly, the brass should be smart enough to see that, not just reassign teams or sweep it under the rug.

As Bigtex pointed out, even if someone posted something of truth it would just be immediately attacked and that person condemned. So most people dont.
cheers
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 04/06/13, 08:38 am

bigtex75081 wrote:The Rate My Coach website, http://www.ratemysoccercoach.com/ , is the only site that I'm aware of that already addresses this. In principle the idea is good but the over-the-top opinions ruin it. It's pretty worthless. The main problem with that site is that it's entirely based on opinions, and they are VERY STRONG opinions. It reads as really petty and there's little value added for outsiders.

From what I can tell there is not many NTX coahces (good or bad) even listed on that website
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/06/13, 08:43 am

Perfect example. So after attacking this person because of their own personnal club bias they later are nowhere to be found. I seem to have missed the apologies when everything was cleared? He was practically convicted of every charge they could come up with and now bigtex is back to remind everyone of a guilt that never happened without any of the reality. But then I hear of a solar coach getting arrested and not a peep on the boards from those same people. No help at all for the community in that case. I guess helping the community only comes when its clubs you don't like. So call it what you will and frame it however you want but you and others were wrong on the coach and not one person had the basic decency to come back on and apologize to the guy.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 04/06/13, 08:51 am

go99 wrote:

Perfect example. So after attacking this person because of their own personnal club bias they later are nowhere to be found. I seem to have missed the apologies when everything was cleared? He was practically convicted of every charge they could come up with and now bigtex is back to remind everyone of a guilt that never happened without any of the reality. But then I hear of a solar coach getting arrested and not a peep on the boards from those same people. No help at all for the community in that case. I guess helping the community only comes when its clubs you don't like. So call it what you will and frame it however you want but you and others were wrong on the coach and not one person had the basic decency to come back on and apologize to the guy.
I hope all of you see that I intentionally avoided the specifics about that coach in my post. I didn’t give a name or age groups. I avoided those details entirely and tried to focus only on the actions of the people in that string to illustrate a point. My point was that the people on this board are self-serving and the opinions should NOT be trusted.

I didn’t hear anything about a Solar coach. Would you care to enlighten us?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by giampiero boniperti 04/06/13, 08:54 am

a big problem with this is the general disinterest from parents and/or lack of knowledge of what good coaching is...we have been with good coaches where parents have left because of either winning or something else that has little to do with the player's development

giampiero boniperti
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/06/13, 08:56 am

[/quote]

As Bigtex pointed out, even if someone posted something of truth it would just be immediately attacked and that person condemned. So most people dont.[/quote]

first you want to be clear that you have no information so not commenting on the specific situation, but then you do exactly that by suggesting that "oh yeah he did it but people get off every day". Post what you want but have the decency to post the truth. If you have you incidents and your facts then post away, just be right. Coaches are real people too. They have jobs, a life, and consequences beyond the fact that you don't like a club. I hear all the time about the things people have direct knowledge of. Plenty of suggesting things behind the veil of online annonymity but none of the actual facts.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next