North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

How many teams have finished player searches? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

How many teams have finished player searches?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your fill level?

How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_lcap38%How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 22 ]
How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_lcap7%How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_lcap16%How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 9 ]
How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_lcap22%How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 13 ]
How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_lcap5%How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_lcap12%How many teams have finished player searches? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 58
Back

How many teams have finished player searches? Empty How many teams have finished player searches?

Post by InaB 19/06/13, 03:46 pm

Here it is June 20th and eleven days to go to signing day. How many teams have filled all roster spots with commitments to play? (I will ask on July 2, how many commitments turned into roster spot fills. Very Happy)
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

How many teams have finished player searches? Empty Re: How many teams have finished player searches?

Post by midfieldersdad 19/06/13, 06:20 pm

I don't think the 00 girls age group is as vacant and diluted because of ECNL as many have surmised.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

How many teams have finished player searches? Empty Re: How many teams have finished player searches?

Post by futbollove 19/06/13, 06:53 pm

midfieldersdad wrote:I don't think the 00 girls age group is as vacant and diluted because of ECNL as many have surmised.

Wait till you see league play, then make that statement.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergonenutz 19/06/13, 07:39 pm

I agree with futbol.  I know of many teams including ECNL,D1,D2 and D3, who have lost top players on the team and not been able to find similar players.  That's why I posed the question on impact.

soccergonenutz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 19/06/13, 07:42 pm

futbollove wrote:
midfieldersdad wrote:I don't think the 00 girls age group is as vacant and diluted because of ECNL as many have surmised.

Are we to believe ALL of the talent has left LH and that no one else can improve to fill the vacancies?

Where were you before I wrote this?!?! How can I un-ring that bell?!?

I still disagree....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergonenutz 19/06/13, 07:42 pm

I take that back.  Not so much ECNL but more so the other divisions.

soccergonenutz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 19/06/13, 07:55 pm

I thunk it is a combination of ECNL, players wanting to move up, players just leaving - a perfect storm as it were.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 19/06/13, 08:00 pm

midfieldersdad wrote:
futbollove wrote:

Are we to believe ALL of the talent has left LH and that no one else can improve to fill the vacancies?

Where were you before I wrote this?!?! How can I un-ring that bell?!?

I still disagree....
Not ALL of the talent has left LH, just most of it. And it is no longer concentrated on the top teams in LH. Therefore, D1 is weaker, DII is weaker, and so on. Sure, some teams may have gotten stronger, or stayed the same, but many got weaker.
Again I say, come back after the fall season, and let me know if you still disagree.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 19/06/13, 08:04 pm

soccergonenutz wrote:I agree with futbol.  I know of many teams including ECNL,D1,D2 and D3, who have lost top players on the team and not been able to find similar players.  That's why I posed the question on impact.

You do realize some players were invited and declined  for various reasons. Not everyone is as eager as some wish to believe. If ECNL is the culmination of all of the top players in LH D1, then it stands to reason that level of player is still the same D1 player, in a similarly skilled league with a wider area.

BTW did you abandoned your thread? I didn't see any follow on comments from the author. It could have been good, looked like others tried to keep it alive.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 19/06/13, 08:16 pm

??? You lost me.
How can it be a similarly skilled league, when only SOME players declined? Most didn't. And with 4-5 new teams that came from a lower division and/or league?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 19/06/13, 08:20 pm

futbollove wrote:??? You lost me.
How can it be a similarly skilled league, when only SOME players declined? Most didn't. And with 4-5 new teams that came from a lower division and/or league?
All of the players throughout ECNL are D1 etc. from their respective associations. ECNL is similarly skilled to LHGCL. I assumed our NTX teams will be competitive.....after all we are sending our best, right?

There are only 90-110 or less leaving a league of 540 players. How can that be considered MOST of the talent? Even if all of the players came from D1, they didn't. That is still only half, not MOST of the players in D1. Dual rostered players will continue to compete in LH, that's is the beauty of ECNL.

But, if I do see the talent pool drop and no one improves over the season, I will thread it out with you! Till then, see you on the pitch, unless you're player is in ECNL
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/06/13, 09:43 pm

I should stay out of this banter of did ALL of the talent leave LH but I am kinda of bored.
Here is my zero cents:
1) Talent is an ambiguous statement as every dd has talent.  So, NO not all talent left for ECNL.  
2) Have the top 100 players in NTX left to play ECNL.  Answer is NO.  LP has 3-5 players that could play on any ECNL team and would rank in most observers top 100.  There are several other players that are ECNL ready but for a variety of reasons are not playing ECNL.
3) Yes, however, the vast majority of the Top 100 players are on ECNL.  The key to note is that players move out of top 100 and into top 100 based on development every year...it is a marathon not a sprint.
4) Will ECNL have higher level of play yes.  The 5 ECNL teams are filled with strong players from 1-20.
5) LH will still be very competitive.  May not be as high of level of soccer as ECNL but very competitive and the players will develop.

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 19/06/13, 10:06 pm

skeets00g wrote:I should stay out of this banter of did ALL of the talent leave LH but I am kinda of bored.
Here is my zero cents:
1) Talent is an ambiguous statement as every dd has talent.  So, NO not all talent left for ECNL.  
2) Have the top 100 players in NTX left to play ECNL.  Answer is NO.  LP has 3-5 players that could play on any ECNL team and would rank in most observers top 100.  There are several other players that are ECNL ready but for a variety of reasons are not playing ECNL.
3) Yes, however, the vast majority of the Top 100 players are on ECNL.  The key to note is that players move out of top 100 and into top 100 based on development every year...it is a marathon not a sprint.
4) Will ECNL have higher level of play yes.  The 5 ECNL teams are filled with strong players from 1-20.
5) LH will still be very competitive.  May not be as high of level of soccer as ECNL but very competitive and the players will develop.

cheers  improve and develop, that's what it's all about!
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 19/06/13, 10:47 pm

skeets00g wrote:I should stay out of this banter of did ALL of the talent leave LH but I am kinda of bored.
Here is my zero cents:

Forget about ECNL, it will not be as competitive as it was at u13.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 19/06/13, 10:50 pm

Hmmm.  My thought is this: ECNL rosters were filled primarily with the top talent from top teams (mostly).  The 10% (guess) that came from D2, D3 and other D1 that are now ECNL will be replaced by the ones left out when their team went ECNL (their choice or not), so you still take the 5 (teams) out for ECNL and just reshuffle.  I think D1 will be split with 4-5 that separate and 2-3 that fight to stay in, D2 will be MUCH closer in the standings, and D3 will be pretty similar to what we saw last year...a couple high, a couple low, and a BUNCH in the middle...I am not sure the bottom will be the same teams...with signing right around the corner, and some notes in lockers on some top teams, there will be some D2 and D3 teams who may get a surprise or two...that will turn the tables.  Anyone remember Ferretti coming into QT?  A ton of new players shake things up dramatically.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 19/06/13, 10:55 pm

midfieldersdad wrote:
futbollove wrote:??? You lost me.
All of the players throughout ECNL are D1 etc. from their respective associations. ECNL is similarly skilled to LHGCL. I assumed our NTX teams will be competitive.....after all we are sending our best, right?

There are only 90-110 or less leaving a league of 540 players. How can that be considered MOST of the talent? Even if all of the players came from D1, they didn't. That is still only half, not MOST of the players in D1. Dual rostered players will continue to compete in LH, that's is the beauty of ECNL.

But, if I do see the talent pool drop and no one improves over the season, I will thread it out with you! Till then, see you on the pitch, unless you're player is in ECNL

Ok semantics. Most of the TOP talent will be leaving. There will still be talented players in LH, just not as many and not as talented as before.  And you can only dual roster so many players.

I'm sure teams will improve over the course of a season. I'm just saying that the overall skill level of the league is not the same. It has happened to every age group since ECNL came about.

In the 99 group this year, DI was won by a team that would have still been in DII w/o the departure of the ECNL teams. DII was won by a team that was 6th in DII the previous year, and DIII was won by a team that wasn't even in LH the previous year. A team that may not have even been in LH w/o the ECNL teams leaving. Do you think these 3 teams improved that much over the course of a year, or was the competition level lowered somewhat? I tend to go with the latter.
Perhaps the 00 age group will be different, but I don't think so. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first or last time.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 20/06/13, 08:13 am

I agree with you futbol. Each club D1 team didn't just take a whole D1 team and move to ECNL. They shopped around taking a majority of players from within their own club as well as top players from other club teams. This is the year of shape shifting after all. That means that the top talent from D1 and D2 teams (maybe even a D3 team) are now moving on. As you said, that doesn't mean that there isn't any talent left in the league, it simply means that those girls who ranked the highest (according to ECNL team coaches) have gone. So now the D1 and D2 teams left with holes to fill are taking the next line of players who are looking. Does that mean that all of the players available are top ranked players, no, but some are. Those top players who chose not to go to ECNL are filling in positions in D1 teams. Then they go to the D2 top teams (if need be).

That being said, you are right, it does dilute the talent pool of any given team all the way down through D3 as better players decide to leave and move upward. Then you have hopefuls from Plano or Arlington teams who move up to D3 and possibly D2 teams to play at a higher level. 

This requires a retooling period where teams have to readjust over the fall period with new players. This will impact the level of play for everyone. Each division will also be made up of at least 50% new teams to the division. So the play will be different from this year to the next season because the competition will be different. It can't help but be different.

It is a bit like having a favorite pair of shoes that have been broken in and are comfortable. Then one shoe suffers a non-repairable break. So, you go out and buy an identical pair and use one shoe to replace the one that broke. It takes a few weeks for the new shoe to be as comfortable and workable as the old shoe. In the meantime, you dealt with blisters and an aching foot.

I think we will see a lot of aching feet at the first of the season.  Wink
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 20/06/13, 01:25 pm

InaB wrote:"I agree with you futbol. Each club D1 team didn't just take a whole D1 team and move to ECNL. They shopped around taking a majority of players from within their own club as well as top players from other club teams. This is the year of shape shifting after all. That means that the top talent from D1 and D2 teams (maybe even a D3 team) are now moving on. As you said, that doesn't mean that there isn't any talent left in the league, it simply means that those girls who ranked the highest (according to ECNL team coaches) have gone. So now the D1 and D2 teams left with holes to fill are taking the next line of players who are looking. Does that mean that all of the players available are top ranked players, no, but some are. Those top players who chose not to go to ECNL are filling in positions in D1 teams. Then they go to the D2 top teams (if need be).

That being said, you are right, it does dilute the talent pool of any given team all the way down through D3 as better players decide to leave and move upward. Then you have hopefuls from Plano or Arlington teams who move up to D3 and possibly D2 teams to play at a higher level. 

This requires a retooling period where teams have to readjust over the fall period with new players. This will impact the level of play for everyone. Each division will also be made up of at least 50% new teams to the division. So the play will be different from this year to the next season because the competition will be different. It can't help but be different.

It is a bit like having a favorite pair of shoes that have been broken in and are comfortable. Then one shoe suffers a non-repairable break. So, you go out and buy an identical pair and use one shoe to replace the one that broke. It takes a few weeks for the new shoe to be as comfortable and workable as the old shoe. In the meantime, you dealt with blisters and an aching foot.

I think we will see a lot of aching feet at the first of the season."

I venture to say that there are many "top ranked" players who are not out looking to fill these reputed openings with these higher ranked teams. They are staying right with the teams that they are on, even if they are on the lowly little Plano or Arlington teams (being facetious). Due to loyalty, logistics, whatever and maybe because they know that the team they are on is good enough to compete with and even beat teams in LH D2 on down so why move? Maybe they also recognize that with soccer being the ultimate team sport, that unity, cohesiveness, comraderie, teamwork and coaching/player development matter and directly correlate to team success. Additionally, would a star player on a high quality "lower level" team leave and travel halfway across the metroplex to ride the bench on a "higher level" team? I'm sure some have and will, but probably not as much as some might think. Consequently, what I think you may see happen, is that "lower" division teams with a solid core will leap frog up as a team. So at the end of the day those top players will end up playing at the same level of competitive play as they would have had they left the teams they were on. Just my thoughts..

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 20/06/13, 01:45 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
InaB wrote:"I agree with you futbol. Each club D1 team didn't just take a whole D1 team and move to ECNL. They shopped around taking a majority of players from within their own club as well as top players from other club teams. This is the year of shape shifting after all. That means that the top talent from D1 and D2 teams (maybe even a D3 team) are now moving on. As you said, that doesn't mean that there isn't any talent left in the league, it simply means that those girls who ranked the highest (according to ECNL team coaches) have gone. So now the D1 and D2 teams left with holes to fill are taking the next line of players who are looking. Does that mean that all of the players available are top ranked players, no, but some are. Those top players who chose not to go to ECNL are filling in positions in D1 teams. Then they go to the D2 top teams (if need be).

I think we will see a lot of aching feet at the first of the season."

I venture to say that there are many "top ranked" players who are not out looking to fill these reputed openings with these higher ranked teams. They are staying right with the teams that they are on, even if they are on the lowly little Plano or Arlington teams (being facetious). Due to loyalty, logistics, whatever and maybe because they know that the team they are on is good enough to compete with and even beat teams in LH D2 on down so why move? Maybe they also recognize that with soccer being the ultimate team sport, that unity, cohesiveness, comraderie, teamwork and coaching/player development matter and directly correlate to team success. Additionally, would a star player on a high quality "lower level" team leave and travel halfway across the metroplex to ride the bench on a "higher level" team? I'm sure some have and will, but probably not as much as some might think. Consequently, what I think you may see happen, is that "lower" division teams with a solid core will leap frog up as a team. So at the end of the day those top players will end up playing at the same level of competitive play as they would have had they left the teams they were on. Just my thoughts..
Agreed. Not all the "top" players will go to ECNL. There are many factors involved.

With all the ECNL teams practicing in the north (wish that at least 1 of the 5 for each age group practiced in the south, think there is lots of potential talent there), logistics of driving to practice 2 or more times a week comes into play. Even if the girl is very good, if the parents can't or don't want to drive their DD's 60 miles to practice these girls may end up playing on a LH team that practices on the south or west side.

Scholarships can also play a factor. Perhaps a girl is given a scholarship for a LH team, but does not get one for ECNL. It can be hard for a family who doesn't have lots of money to turn this down.

These are just two examples. I'm sure there are MANY more.

Last edited by soccerdad1969 on 20/06/13, 03:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 20/06/13, 03:08 pm

no no no...it's not "top players" that go to ECNL...it's "top payers"

if yer DD is a player and you can't be a payer you aint got a prayer...unless she's a stud then welcome to the club bub...

ok the last one was a stretch but have you heard todays er um music?

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 20/06/13, 04:48 pm

KnK- so what do you think happens when the "lower" division team leaps up a spot into a new division? What about 5 of these teams? Or 15? That division is now 'watered-down'.
Take any sport in the world, remove 70-80% of the truly best players in that league. Is the level of play still the same? Sure there are still some talented players remaining, but it's just not the same. Anyone remember the NFL strike circa 1987? There was stillm football being played, and there was some talent on the field, just not as good.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 20/06/13, 05:02 pm

Just look at it as a math problem. ECNL will take 80 or more good to very good players out of LHGCL. We will see how deep the 00s are. The 98s fell way down in level of play in D1 compared to before ECNL. The 99s, not as much...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 20/06/13, 06:06 pm

soccersounder wrote:Just look at it as a math problem. ECNL will take 80 or more good to very good players out of LHGCL. We will see how deep the 00s are. The 98s fell way down in level of play in D1 compared to before ECNL. The 99s, not as much...

The 99's fell pretty far as well.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/06/13, 08:03 am

OK, every year, teams face player movement and as our girls go up in age, girls drop out for other sports or reasons. Now you add on the one time division movement to ECNL. Now add to that three new teams looking to field teams. Then add in two-three teams that fold.

This is the perfect storm year of chaotic movement and change. It can't help but affect how teams play this coming season - more so than any other year. Will teams be closer to each other in abilities, I think so. I think this will be more of an equalizer season.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 26/06/13, 12:07 pm

OK, here we are four days to signing and I am still seeing teams looking for players. I think this speaks to the turmoil and turnover for this ECNL year. We are now seeing teams implode. So, how are you all doing at this late date? I will send out a post Monday evening to see where we all land. Hopefully, everyone will have filled their spots and are ready to move forward.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next