North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 22 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

04 Labor Day Tournament

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 22 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by adufresne 25/08/14, 11:08 pm

Actually I think everyone is missing the real discussion here. What does the #1 ranking get you? Diddly squat! Spirit isn't even in the tournament. The way it looks Elite isn't even the #1 overall seed. How is LP Premier the #1 overall seed? That's what I want to know. I don't have a problem with bracket 2. What doesn't make since is the paths to the finals. Who seeded this thing?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/08/14, 11:16 pm

Actually not all that interested in spirit but it is fun to get some fire back on the 04's. I think dts is a fun one and then stinky feet, scott and of course the big one the LP showdown. I think spirit has one of the best players in the age group but still not that exciting as a team matchup. But hey I get all you guys. There was a fancy pants big shot team in my boys age group and we all couldn't wait for them to take a loss. Each and every week they faced the wrath of the turfmonster boards
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 11:16 pm

adufresne wrote:Actually I think everyone is missing the real discussion here. What does the #1 ranking get you? Diddly squat! Spirit isn't even in the tournament. The way it looks Elite isn't even the #1 overall seed. How is LP Premier the #1 overall seed? That's what I want to know. I don't have a problem with bracket 2. What doesn't make since is the paths to the finals. Who seeded this thing?

Got dammit LW apparently runs more than his mouth and bath water!! Respect his gangsta!!

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 25/08/14, 11:26 pm

Used2bKix wrote:
adufresne wrote:Actually I think everyone is missing the real discussion here. What does the #1 ranking get you? Diddly squat! Spirit isn't even in the tournament. The way it looks Elite isn't even the #1 overall seed. How is LP Premier the #1 overall seed? That's what I want to know. I don't have a problem with bracket 2. What doesn't make since is the paths to the finals. Who seeded this thing?

Got dammit LW apparently runs more than his mouth and bath water!! Respect his gangsta!!

If I thought that was true, I'd actually respect him less. I get the same club in different brackets thing but wth?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 26/08/14, 07:45 am

couldn't figure out why I thought Standings and rankings where the same thing.  Turns out it's because the Merriam-Webster dictionary says they are. So infact  Eddie Haskell was wrong.  So elite in currently #1 in LHGCL Standings/rankings and TX spirit is currently #1 in Gotsoccer standings/rankings.  Not only can you not change how rankings/standings are done, you also can't change the definition of words.  So I will put this one in my spreadsheet under eddie haskell for the number of times I was right and someone else was wrong.  Oh, and YES I AM (an ahole, dbag, prick, or and other adjective you would like to use)

Like I said....just trying to keep everyone honest.

standing
noun

: the position or rank of someone in a group

standings sports : a list that shows the positions of the players or teams that are competing against each other
Synonyms
class, dignity, fashion, quality, rank, state
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 26/08/14, 07:47 am

go99 wrote:That works for me. Can use gotsoccer for the rankings and the league for standings. But you can't use an old fbr for anything. So by your example he wasn't looking at the current rankings either. So I guess what you are saying is that elite is the number 1 team in lake highland girls classic league. I dont have the gotsoccer rankings so will take your word for it that spirit is currently ranked #1 in ntx. Too bad spirit isn't playing this weekend it could cost them that ranking you guys are fighting so hard for

Somehow, I wonder if Elite was #1 in gotsoccer, would you suddenly know something about that ranking system?

Rolling Eyes

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 26/08/14, 08:06 am

Didn't say I didn't know anything about gotsoccer "I said I don't have it" AKA I was too lazy to go look it up. Although now that you mention it. Somehow, I wonder if Elite was previously #1 on gotsoccer you would be calling for the gotsoccer rankings to be frozen for the entire season instead of changed after the first tournament

I could go back and copy and paste all the previous lame excuses about LHGCL rankings but meh! I think you still remember them all.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend 26/08/14, 09:05 am

Elite, this is a little embarrassing watching this.

We’re number one
No we are
Nuh-uh
Uh-huh
Are too
No you’re not
You’re a liar
No, you are!

You effectively moved the discussion from how you magically got grouped with the number 15, 16 and a +20 team (Winters) that just lost 4-0 to the team you beat a week later 9-0 (Guzman). While group 2 has the 4, 5, 6 and probably 7. I’m sure you had nothing to do with this, but it sure does look fishy.

5-6 weeks from now, go ahead and use our LH standings, but completely silly to try and use them after the first week.

Anyone thinking that GotSoccer rankings is legit is just plain dumb. Most good teams play up and challenge themselves. And someone please tell me why #14 Sting Central Ceuvas is playing in OK at a Rec + tournament (against small town rec teams with names of Shock, Storm and Divas).

Legend
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/14, 09:15 am

Legend wrote:Elite, this is a little embarrassing watching this.

We’re number one
No we are
Nuh-uh
Uh-huh
Are too
No you’re not
You’re a liar
No, you are!

Now that's just plain funny... I got a good laugh outta that... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 26/08/14, 09:29 am

I agree using the current rankings after the first week is almost as silly as using the old ranking from the previous season. So the ranking of 11yr olds is silly and as silly as it is elite is currently ranked #1 in the league. It is how ranking work. I didn't make it that way it just is and you can't change how it's done because you don't like how it was done. Now FBR finished fbr at #2 for no other reason than lack of 04 game data. Now I could moan and complain about it but in the end that is how FBR was calculated so could have either not played the one tournament or played at least one more to boost back up the fbr ranking if it was that important. Now LHGCL is calculated by W/L then GD. So you can moan about it but that is how it's done. From the first week to the last. So this isn't about elite at all, it's about peoples inability to understand and accept how a ranking system works. Kind of like FBR and the weekly complaints by some sap about "but we beat this team and that team lost to another team that was lower than another team so we should be ranked higher" instead of accepting the formula of how the FBR was calculated. Oh and gotsoccer has improved from what it used to be but yes it is still all over the place.
So to recap. We don't get to decide how the rankings work or when to apply them or even the definition of the word. We can always ignore them all together because they are just 11 and it's actually silly but what fun would that be? And certianly wouldn't get us to page 22

Might I suggest a human poll. That way you guys can make it whatever you want and don't have to worry about those pesky facts and numbers
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 26/08/14, 09:34 am

We’re number one
No we are
Nuh-uh
Uh-huh
Are too
No you’re not
You’re a liar
No, you are!

You effectively moved the discussion from how you magically got grouped with the number 15, 16 and a +20 team (Winters) that just lost 4-0 to the team you beat a week later 9-0 (Guzman).  While group 2 has the 4, 5, 6 and probably 7.  I’m sure you had nothing to do with this, but it sure does look fishy.

5-6 weeks from now, go ahead and use our LH standings, but completely silly to try and use them after the first week.

Anyone thinking that GotSoccer rankings is legit is just plain dumb.  Most good teams play up and challenge themselves.  And someone please tell me why #14 Sting Central Ceuvas is playing in OK at a Rec + tournament (against small town rec teams with names of Shock, Storm and Divas).

So you created a new account to let everyone know this??  

We have 7841 registered users
The newest registered user is Legend Today at 9:05 am

How embarrassing!!
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend 26/08/14, 09:39 am

SHHH! I'm in disguise! (Mission Impossible music playing in the background).

And you still have the weakest draw, #2!

Legend
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Moon 26/08/14, 09:41 am

My DD has had to play both of these teams and just watching from the sideline there is no doubt in my book who is the best. Spirit is very good, but LP Elite is the best I have seen play yet by quite a margin.

Say all you want about the FBR and Got Soccer points I have a hard time believing Spirit will stay within 3 goals of LP Elite. Look at the 03's. The #1 team in Got Soccer is a team out of California that Solar Red pummeled 8-1 in a tournament. Solar Red is #3 or #4 in the ranking because of points, but everyone knows that Solar Red is the top team in the country.
Jackie Moon
Jackie Moon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 26/08/14, 09:42 am

Legend wrote:SHHH!  I'm in disguise! (Mission Impossible music playing in the background).

And you still have the weakest draw, #2!

JAWS music playing in the background... Do we care!!
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend 26/08/14, 09:45 am

You know what happened to Jaws in the end, right?

Legend
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 26/08/14, 09:47 am

Yeap.. Sooner or later The Great White falls.

Last edited by Son_ofa_Pitch on 26/08/14, 09:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/14, 09:47 am

Jackie Moon wrote: everyone knows that Solar Red is the top team in the country.

That's not true, I didn't know that...  I guess I do now, but I didn't before reading this...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 26/08/14, 09:51 am

I'm fine with the weakest draw I am just glad the 2 teams are seperated until the finals as long as they both keep winning. a one, two sweep would really burn some people up especially if both teams come thru with wins in the next CL game. Maybe they could both be 1,2 in LHGCL and gotsoccer that would really send people running back to the sweet embrace of the FBR and have them putting back on their academy jerseys
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 26/08/14, 02:58 pm

Is this the LHGCL version College Gameday Script with Corso, Herbstreet, and Chris Fowler?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socceroos 26/08/14, 03:15 pm

I don't think any team is running back into their
Academy Jerseys anytime soon!!!!!

socceroos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FieldofDreams 26/08/14, 03:15 pm

We’re number one
No we are
Nuh-uh
Uh-huh
Are too
No you’re not
You’re a liar
No, you are!

You effectively moved the discussion from how you magically got grouped with the number 15, 16 and a +20 team (Winters) that just lost 4-0 to the team you beat a week later 9-0 (Guzman).  While group 2 has the 4, 5, 6 and probably 7.  I’m sure you had nothing to do with this, but it sure does look fishy.

Anyone thinking that GotSoccer rankings is legit is just plain dumb.  Most good teams play up and challenge themselves.  And someone please tell me why #14 Sting Central Ceuvas is playing in OK at a Rec + tournament (against small town rec teams with names of Shock, Storm and Divas).

Who cares where Cuevas is playing, rookie poster! Other teams have never played outside NTX to mix it up and have a team-bonding weekend?? Don't worry, we will be playing all teams in D1 over the next 9 months. Don't divert from the discussion around the almighty Elite and Spirit

FieldofDreams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 26/08/14, 03:56 pm

Apparently go99 has made it very clear that Spirit cant even come close to Elite.

Wager?
If you are that confident why don't you spot them 4 goals for the wager?

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 26/08/14, 04:37 pm

I never said anything like they can't even come close. Infact I never even suggested anything close to that. And if you are so confident in your team why do you need the 4 goals. Or if they are not your team then why are your feelings so hurt over them temporarily losing the #1 LHGCL spot?

So for your future reference. I never suggest. I never apparently say anything. I don't beat around the bush or even hint. I say exactly what I think even when I am wrong or you don't like it.

I am on record saying I thing defeeters is a better team than spirit. I thought they would win tut and I was wrong. Do it again and I will just be completely wrong and either defeeters is not as good as I give them credit for or spirit is better than I give credit for. And I also think Elite is a better team than both of those teams

so if you want to wager here is what I will wager on. I will wager that ranking and standing is the same thing. I will also wager that the ranking/standing changes after every game and is based on w-l-g. I will also wager that I was right and that you and others were wrong.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 26/08/14, 04:50 pm

That was pretty vague. What is your wager on Elite vs. Spirit?

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend 26/08/14, 04:53 pm

Elite +1/2 +140 ML
Spirit - 1/2 -160 ML

Legend
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend 26/08/14, 04:55 pm

Basically a pick em, but since Spirit is ranked #1, I will give LP +1/2 goal.

Legend
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next