North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SDL Ref Fees Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

SDL Ref Fees

Go down

SDL Ref Fees Empty SDL Ref Fees

Post by Guest 23/02/14, 12:49 am

Does anyone else think we should pay the refs AFTER the match has completed and the amount should be based on performance? Today I'm not sure the refs for a few of those games was even awake out there... I have pictures where they looked completely confused and other times no one seemed to know what the right call should have been. I'm thinking it should be a graduated scale and they get paid AFTER the game, that way maybe they'll pay attention a bit more and if we feel we didn't get our money's worth, well, we don't pay... more like tips instead of guaranteed money.

Back to top Go down

SDL Ref Fees Empty Re: SDL Ref Fees

Post by WestsideSoccer 23/02/14, 07:21 am

In our game we had great refs! They even issued 2 yellow cards in game. Best I have seen from SDL !

WestsideSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/02/14, 07:32 am

WestsideSoccer wrote:In our game we had great refs! They even issued 2 yellow cards in game.  Best I have seen from SDL !

That's awesome, they would have then been given full payment / tip... right? This is what I mean by the statement above. Some are awesome and others are not so good - payment on performance is what I'm alluding to.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 24/02/14, 08:46 am

I thought this was a terrible idea - until this weekend.

SDL D3 game - ends 3-2.

Winning team scores one goal AFTER the ref blows the whistle on a ball out-of-bounds past the goal, and signals for goal kick.  Kids kicking the ball back in from out of bounds - kicked in the goal by opposing team still milling in box.  Ref counts goal!?!

Winning team scores another goal with 13 players on the field.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 24/02/14, 08:48 am

Saw another D2 game called very well. Off-side call muffed as linesman was out of position (call was in our favor), but overall called an even game in a physical match.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 24/02/14, 10:30 am

RalphyBoy wrote:Does anyone else think we should pay the refs AFTER the match has completed and the amount should be based on performance?  Today I'm not sure the refs for a few of those games was even awake out there...  I have pictures where they looked completely confused and other times no one seemed to know what the right call should have been.  I'm thinking it should be a graduated scale and they get paid AFTER the game, that way maybe they'll pay attention a bit more and if we feel we didn't get our money's worth, well, we don't pay...  more like tips instead of guaranteed money.

What a good idea...

Well wait.. I'm a Ref... This team with the Dad who likes to tip.. Sign me for them every time.. The team that loses frequently with the "Club" Coach who blames the Ref, then does not tip.. Yea, I'll show up for them everytime..

Realistically, talk to the League you play in about how Ref's are evaluated... Boys Classic has an Assessor out on the fields every weekend. Plano Premier too (In-House). Ask your League, SDL or otherwise to have a paid Assessor out every week to grade the Refs.. Your Tip Money can go towards the Assessor included in your Leage fees..
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WestsideSoccer 24/02/14, 04:07 pm

soccersounder wrote:
RalphyBoy wrote:Does anyone else think we should pay the refs AFTER the match has completed and the amount should be based on performance?  Today I'm not sure the refs for a few of those games was even awake out there...  I have pictures where they looked completely confused and other times no one seemed to know what the right call should have been.  I'm thinking it should be a graduated scale and they get paid AFTER the game, that way maybe they'll pay attention a bit more and if we feel we didn't get our money's worth, well, we don't pay...  more like tips instead of guaranteed money.

What a good idea...

Well wait.. I'm a Ref... This team with the Dad who likes to tip.. Sign me for them every time.. The team that loses frequently with the "Club" Coach who blames the Ref, then does not tip.. Yea, I'll show up for them everytime..

Realistically, talk to the League you play in about how Ref's are evaluated... Boys Classic has an Assessor out on the fields every weekend. Plano Premier too (In-House). Ask your League, SDL or otherwise to have a paid Assessor out every week to grade the Refs.. Your Tip Money can go towards the Assessor included in your Leage fees..

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

WestsideSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/02/14, 01:33 pm

soccersounder wrote:

What a good idea...

Thanks for the PM conversation - hopefully see you out there one of these weekends... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 25/02/14, 02:09 pm

I don't know...I just feel if I spend thousands of dollars on a car, I expect the brakes to work every time...not just most of the time (or only once in a while). And when I ask for them to be fixed or upgraded, I don't like being told that I should be happy with them working 9 out of 10 times, so sit down and shut up...its just too much to ask for them to be reliable...If I complain too much, they somehow have the authority to tow my car, make me pay and wait weeks to get it back - and they keep doing this until I am "publicly" grateful that the brakes work sometimes...

Maybe my analogy is too harsh...I mean kids soccer doesn't cost thousands of dollars like cars, and referees aren't as an important item to my child's safety like brakes, right? oh, snap...
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware 25/02/14, 02:25 pm

10sDad wrote:I don't know...I just feel if I spend thousands of dollars on a car, I expect the brakes to work every time...not just most of the time (or only once in a while).  And when I ask for them to be fixed or upgraded, I don't like being told that I should be happy with them working 9 out of 10 times, so sit down and shut up...its just too much to ask for them to be reliable...If I complain too much, they somehow have the authority to tow my car, make me pay and wait weeks to get it back - and they keep doing this until I am "publicly" grateful that the brakes work sometimes...

Maybe my analogy is too harsh...I mean kids soccer doesn't cost thousands of dollars like cars, and referees aren't as an important item to my child's safety like brakes, right?  oh, snap...

SDL Ref Fees Red_card_vector_by_vectorportal-d6isynw
Full Kit Wankers Beware
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down