North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Kicks & Club Pass Rule Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Kicks & Club Pass Rule

Go down

Kicks & Club Pass Rule Empty Kicks & Club Pass Rule

Post by wxyz 24/02/14, 01:38 pm

Everyone talks about how the new Club Pass rule will benefit "big clubs" but it looks like Kicks will be the real beneficiary of this rule...

Kicks Gold scored 7 goals in 9 games during fall, and then scores 5 goals in one game over the weekend.  And they are near the cutoff line for moving up to D1...

Inquiring minds want to know...

Will Texans do the same to ensure representation at D1 next year? Will Sting try to get two teams in D1 next year? Diamonds could end up holding the short end of the stick...

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Kicks & Club Pass Rule Empty Re: Kicks & Club Pass Rule

Post by Guest 24/02/14, 02:53 pm

Logical assumption regarding Kicks considering they tied in the Fall and Kicks just beat FWFC 3-2 in tournament last month.  5-1 is pretty big change, but maybe one team had a bad day while the other had a great day.  Wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet...........................

Regardless, if anyone's surprised by Kicks doing that then you've been living under a rock the past 3 years.  And Texans, Sting, etc. will likely do the same at some point.  They will just  have a harder time keeping parents on lower division teams from leaving because DD's get benched in the name of "development & touches".  Kicks parents should be used to it.  Razz Twisted Evil Cool

Last edited by me?obsessed? on 25/02/14, 09:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 24/02/14, 03:02 pm

As long as you know what you are signing up for, I suppose it's fair game.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 24/02/14, 03:23 pm

wxyz wrote:Everyone talks about how the new Club Pass rule will benefit "big clubs" but it looks like Kicks will be the real beneficiary of this rule...

Kicks Gold scored 7 goals in 9 games during fall, and then scores 5 goals in one game over the weekend.  And they are near the cutoff line for moving up to D1...

Will Texans do the same to ensure representation at D1 next year?  Will Sting try to get two teams in D1 next year?  Diamonds could end up holding the short end of the stick...
If I player passed player's to ensure a D1 bye I won't have players to fill the D1 bye next year.   Also, our D1 team will be in very tough games the rest of the season. I won't risk injury to my  players to secure a D1 bye.   If one of my 01 teams is short on players due to injury or players quitting then yes I will play by the rules and help our sister teams.
KG  played well yesterday, all credit should be given to them.  FWFC is a good team that always plays tough. Maybe they were missing players or just had a bad game.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by wxyz 24/02/14, 03:45 pm

jm23jm wrote:
wxyz wrote:Everyone talks about how the new Club Pass rule will benefit "big clubs" but it looks like Kicks will be the real beneficiary of this rule...

Will Texans do the same to ensure representation at D1 next year?  Will Sting try to get two teams in D1 next year?  Diamonds could end up holding the short end of the stick...
If I player passed player's to ensure a D1 bye I won't have players to fill the D1 bye next year.   Also, our D1 team will be in very tough games the rest of the season. I won't risk injury to my  players to secure a D1 bye.   If one of my 01 teams is short on players due to injury or players quitting then yes I will play by the rules and help our sister teams.
KG  played well yesterday, all credit should be given to them.  FWFC is a good team that always plays tough. Maybe they were missing players or just had a bad game.

A simple yes or no would have been enough...

From D2 team parents perspectives, it is a close call... A little less playing time for a couple of kids on my DD's team and moving up to D1 next season vs. "fair" playing time and staying in D2 next season. Also, using (or abusing) the club pass rule would only marginally impact at most bottom two starters and bench players, whereas it would benefit the team overall and especially the top 8 or 9 starters (from better passing, spacing, scoring, WINNING). It would also benefit the D1 kids getting more touches and game experience. For me, not risking injury is a weak argument for aggressive D1 kids playing in much slower D2 games, especially if we are talking about 1 game per day. Risking injury argument is much more applicable for not playing tournaments (multiple games against top teams in 48 hours), which I know that Kicks would never use.

I firmly believe that there is nothing wrong with using the club pass rule because it is allowed by LHGCL. We could argue whether or not the rule is fair but we cannot blame the club/team/coaches for following the rules.

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 24/02/14, 03:59 pm

A simple yes or no would have been enough...

And a simple "did Kicks use player pass rule this weekend" would have sufficed.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 24/02/14, 04:01 pm

wxyz wrote:
jm23jm wrote:

I firmly believe that there is nothing wrong with using the club pass rule because it is allowed by LHGCL.  We could argue whether or not the rule is fair but we cannot blame the club/team/coaches for following the rules.
Isn't that what you're doing by starting this thread in the 1st place?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wxyz 24/02/14, 04:13 pm

futbollove wrote:
wxyz wrote:
jm23jm wrote:

I firmly believe that there is nothing wrong with using the club pass rule because it is allowed by LHGCL.  We could argue whether or not the rule is fair but we cannot blame the club/team/coaches for following the rules.
Isn't that what you're doing by starting this thread in the 1st place?

Huh?  scratch 
I was trying to get Texans & Sting to wake up follow the leader!
And also to give Diamonds a pass if they do not make it to D1 next year.

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 24/02/14, 04:36 pm

Ok, if you say so. It didn't come off as such. I was just curious as to why start a new thread, calling out a club, when the player pass thread already exist. Maybe Texans and Sting haven't heard about the player pass.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wxyz 24/02/14, 05:04 pm

futbollove wrote: why start a new thread, calling out a club, when the player pass thread already exist.

Because the other thread is not in the '01 directory and '01 parents need something to talk/read about.

futbollove wrote: Maybe Texans and Sting haven't heard about the player pass.

Nah...  I am sure that they have heard about the new rule.  I think Kicks is the only club that could take full advantage of the club pass rule given the poor communication/coordination/cooperation among coaches at large clubs.  Which is somewhat ironic since the club pass rule should benefit the large clubs at the expense of smaller clubs.

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 24/02/14, 05:31 pm

wxyz wrote:
futbollove wrote: why start a new thread, calling out a club, when the player pass thread already exist.

Because the other thread is not in the '01 directory and '01 parents need something to talk/read about.

futbollove wrote: Maybe Texans and Sting haven't heard about the player pass.

Nah...  I am sure that they have heard about the new rule.  I think Kicks is the only club that could take full advantage of the club pass rule given the poor communication/coordination/cooperation among coaches at large clubs.  Which is somewhat ironic since the club pass rule should benefit the large clubs at the expense of smaller clubs.
Good point
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 26/02/14, 10:26 am

fatherofoneplayer wrote:A simple yes or no would have been enough...

And a simple "did Kicks use player pass rule this weekend" would have sufficed.

yeah  ...  Good luck deciphering Kicks double talk...

Bottom line - The player pass was defintely used last week, and I suspect will continue to used it as much as possible to ensure a D1 Bye.   Ft Worth FC didnt have the option, but lets see how other D2 teams react, knowing Kicks will have ringers available.

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwhowalks 26/02/14, 12:51 pm

From what I heard, one club pass player was added to the roster in the game. The reason mentioned is that one player left the team and another one injured on the roster.

ghostwhowalks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down