North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2

Go down

Who gets all the cookies?

OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap13%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap4%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap4%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap15%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 14 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap2%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap2%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap10%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 9 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap6%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
[ 4 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap9%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap5%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap5%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap11%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 10 ]
OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_lcap3%OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 93
Back

OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Empty OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2

Post by InaB 19/03/14, 08:45 pm

So, if I do it for one, I have to do it for all! Here goes the D2 Saturday poll.

InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Empty Re: OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2

Post by backofthenet 19/03/14, 10:39 pm

Wednesday results:

Sting F 2-1 Mustangs Spence (player pass is a game-changer)

East 1-0 DT North (commentary?)

Gold 2-0 Feet (commentary?)

Big Blue 3-0 FCD Premier (too many horses in this one)

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Empty Re: OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2

Post by dadof3 19/03/14, 11:23 pm

IMO of course...SG wins 2-0 with 2 goals in about the last 15 mins. Pretty even first half. Both teams had a few chances. Through the early part of the second half it was pretty back an forth. With about 15 minutes left, SG started to press hard. Feet didn't have as much attack at that point, and SG scored on a break and nice finish (passed a ball to the corner). A minute later, Feet had a FK from just outside top right of box that was dangerous, but not converted. SG took a ball down left and crossed it, Feet cleared to about 40 and SG's right back blistered a shot from about 40 that grazed the underside of crossbar on its way in. No GK saves that shot. No injuries. No drama/cards, etc. Neither team played really poorly, but neither played the best I have seen them play either.

What is the drama with the player pass rule re: Ferretti? I thought we were the only ones getting the once over?? lol

I watched some of both of the early games Sting F and M Spence and FCDE and DTN, and both looked pretty close to what the scores indicated. Spence had chances, but didn't convert. It looked like they were both up and down the pitch the entire time. Spence scored first, the Ferretti answered twice. The second half of FCDE looked like it was played quite a bit on DTN end from what I saw and the goal came pretty late (12 mins from end maybe??)...didn't see all of either match, but perhaps 25-30 mins. of each.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 19/03/14, 11:26 pm

Thanks daddy-o. Appreciate the update.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 19/03/14, 11:29 pm

backofthenet wrote:Thanks daddy-o. Appreciate the update.

That is the truth according to me...probably stand to be corrected...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 19/03/14, 11:37 pm

As to the player pass for Sting F: word is there were 2-3 from D1, one of which scored both? Anyone care to enlighten, confirm, correct, or deny? Sad to see it have impact as this. Thanks LH Board.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 19/03/14, 11:50 pm

dadof3 wrote:IMO of course...SG wins 2-0 with 2 goals in about the last 15 mins.  Pretty even first half.  Both teams had a few chances.  Through the early part of the second half it was pretty back an forth.  With about 15 minutes left, SG started to press hard.  Feet didn't have as much attack at that point, and SG scored on a break and nice finish (passed a ball to the corner).  A minute later, Feet had a FK from just outside top right of box that was dangerous, but not converted.  SG took a ball down left and crossed it, Feet cleared to about 40 and SG's right back blistered a shot from about 40 that grazed the underside of crossbar on its way in.  No GK saves that shot.  No injuries.  No drama/cards, etc.  Neither team played really poorly, but neither played the best I have seen them play either.

What is the drama with the player pass rule re: Ferretti?  I thought we were the only ones getting the once over?? lol

I watched some of both of the early games Sting F and M Spence and FCDE and DTN, and both looked pretty close to what the scores indicated.  Spence had chances, but didn't convert.  It looked like they were both up and down the pitch the entire time.  Spence scored first, the Ferretti answered twice.  The second half of FCDE looked like it was played quite a bit on DTN end from what I saw and the goal came pretty late (12 mins from end maybe??)...didn't see all of either match, but perhaps 25-30 mins. of each.
What? You call this a post game report? You don't even mention the opposing coach by name one time! No attacking waves of solar players? No testaments to the spartan intensity of your practices? What about tactical changes at half time to supplement your players' advanced physical prowess?

Congrats on the win!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stmccarthy 20/03/14, 11:22 am

backofthenet wrote:As to the player pass for Sting F: word is there were 2-3 from D1, one of which scored both? Anyone care to enlighten, confirm, correct, or deny? Sad to see it have impact as this. Thanks LH Board.

Well just to set the record straight SF used the player pass last night due to the amount of injuries we currently have on our roster. Currently, we have one player recovering from a broken hip, two players recovering from hamstring injuries, one player with a strained hip flexor and actually one or two others with various other injuries so from our true roster of 17healthy girls we have about 12 fully healthy players so yes we did use the player pass. Now to address that the player pass was a game changer I can't say because out of our two goals one was scored by a player pass player and then the other by one of our normal Center Mid so before everyone starts jumping on the band wagon I thought I would set the record straight. The player pass in this instance did what it was supposed to with a team wrecked with injuries.

stmccarthy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/03/14, 11:33 am

stmccarthy wrote: so from our true roster of 17healthy girls we have about 12 fully healthy players so yes we did use the player pass. 

When is a team always fully healthy?  What would you have done in the fall in the same situation?
If a girls suits up, I would expect her to be available.  Looked like there were 5 subs, injured or not, fully healthy or not.
Again, no disrespect, but SF did exactly what the LH Board is allowing, without regard or accountability.

In the true spirit of the rule, there are other teams in Sting that would've "fostered development" for a player or two that could have played last night "at a higher level of competition" and helped the team.  There's a D3 team that would've bolstered the roster and allowed for upward movement and development.  Was that considered?

Again, no disrespect at all, stmccarthy.  I'm simply touching the point that LH has almost no regulation so teams/coaches can disguise or twist just enough to get the privilege. SF did exactly what was allowed within the confines of the rule and it pulled them out of the bottom 2 in the relegation zone. A definite positive outcome.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stmccarthy 20/03/14, 12:01 pm

backofthenet wrote:
stmccarthy wrote: so from our true roster of 17healthy girls we have about 12 fully healthy players so yes we did use the player pass. 

When is a team always fully healthy?  What would you have done in the fall in the same situation?
If a girls suits up, I would expect her to be available.  Looked like there were 5 subs, injured or not, fully healthy or not.
Again, no disrespect, but SF did exactly what the LH Board is allowing, without regard or accountability.

In the true spirit of the rule, there are other teams in Sting that would've "fostered development" for a player or two that could have played last night "at a higher level of competition" and helped the team.  There's a D3 team that would've bolstered the roster and allowed for upward movement and development.  Was that considered?

Again, no disrespect at all, stmccarthy.  I'm simply touching the point that LH has almost no regulation so teams/coaches can disguise or twist just enough to get the privilege. SF did exactly what was allowed within the confines of the rule.

I guess a couple of points. First, we actually were hit with a bunch of injuries in the fall so we weren't playing with a full team either then. You can almost say that the Soccer gods have it out for SF this year with the amount of injuries we have suffered that have hurt our players. And the sad thing is at least half weren't related to soccer. We fully understand what it means to play with a incomplete bench. Second, you are probably right on the point that no team is ever fully healthy but I will say there is a diffence if you have 12 girls fully healthy versus 15 girls fully healthy on your bench. Third, remember that not all coaches are going to allow you to use a player from their team for player pass so just making a general statement that their are a bunch of teams within a club in your age group doesn't mean that they are necessarily available for you to use.

I guess the true point I want to make is that any team that decides to use the player pass is in a no win situation. People will always have objections to it if the team wins the game. A team is just that a team and one player cannot be the end all if they do not have a good supporting group around them. My initial post was just to deny the fact that the player pass player was being made out that they carried the team for the entire game which was not the case. Yes they scored one of the goals but the second was scored by our regular center mid and we had many shots on target by our regular players.

stmccarthy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/03/14, 12:13 pm

stmccarthy wrote: remember that not all coaches are going to allow you to use a player from their team for player pass so just making a general statement that their are a bunch of teams within a club in your age group doesn't mean that they are necessarily available for you to use.

Were they asked? Just curious.

Look, tough position all the way around. All I hope for, in fairness to ALL, is that LHGCL Board man/woman-up and manage their league in a way that is impartial and has sound judgment.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 20/03/14, 01:01 pm

OK, here is my idea. We create three farm teams of players that every LH team can draw from. You have to reserve them for your particular game. You can't use the same player twice and you are limited to no more than three games a season to use a player pass (fall and spring). If you used a player pass against a particular team in the fall, you can't use a player pass against them in the spring. Each LH team in each division must maintain an extra set of uniforms specifically for the player pass player. They must each have a badge/patch on them designating them as such. The team cannot use a pass player in lieu of a healthy player - and you must provide a doctor's note for the player sitting out. Clubs will not be able to use a pass player from a higher division. There will be player pass inspectors who will check all paperwork prior to start of game. These inspectors will be paid by the club using the pass at a rate of $100 per inspection. Packrabbit has graciously agreed to be the leader of the inspectors and as such will receive 50% of the fees paid. The coach of the farm team will receive $5,000 from each club team to cover costs of over developing each team.  Very Happy 
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashmuka 20/03/14, 04:31 pm

Bottom line is the Player Pass rule is ridiculous and should never be allowed. It will only be used to gain an advantage for the clubs with multiple teams in an age bracket. That is the only reason to use it, to gain an advantage. Not because a team has injured players. How is it fair to the clubs that don't have more than one team in an age group and has injured players? Someone enlighten me. Let me know when a club uses the Player pass to pull a player up from D3 or Plano for "development". LMAO! It will never happen. I always love it when we show up to play a team that we beat in the past and what happens? Here come 3 of their ECNL players rolling out on the field. Wonder why they would do that? To gain an advantage? Course it could be because the ECNL players they use aren't getting enough playing time and the coach doesn't want to derail the money train. My two cents.
Vashmuka
Vashmuka
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by beast 21/03/14, 06:55 am

stmccarthy wrote:
backofthenet wrote:As to the player pass for Sting F: word is there were 2-3 from D1, one of which scored both? Anyone care to enlighten, confirm, correct, or deny? Sad to see it have impact as this. Thanks LH Board.

Well just to set the record straight SF used the player pass last night due to the amount of injuries we currently have on our roster.  Currently, we have one player recovering from a broken hip, two players recovering from hamstring injuries, one player with a strained hip flexor and actually one or two others with various other injuries so from our true roster of 17healthy girls we have about 12 fully healthy players so yes we did use the player pass.  Now to address that the player pass was a game changer I can't say because out of our two goals one was scored by a player pass player and then the other by one of our normal Center Mid so before everyone starts jumping on the band wagon I thought I would set the record straight.   The player pass in this instance did what it was supposed to with a team wrecked with injuries.    
Did SF also use their ECNL keeper for this game? And while I get what you are saying about the player scoring only one goal, but are you also saying they played no other role in the game that would have impacted the outcome? That is probably unlikely.
beast
beast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 21/03/14, 05:50 pm

This whole CPP rule is crap. Every team has to deal with injuries! Not every team has a large field of players available at their beck and call to help fill in! The supposed intent to use the CPP for development is not what it will be used for and they had to have known that when they developed it. CPP will have an impact and will change game outcomes, especially if the team is using multiple players (3+ or more). It could bite them in the arse in the long run if they don't be careful and use it too often.
Just my bitter two cents!
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 21/03/14, 06:03 pm

00scrmom wrote:This whole CPP rule is crap.  Every team has to deal with injuries! Not every team has a large field of players available at their beck and call to help fill in! The supposed intent to use the CPP for development is not what it will be used for and they had to have known that when they developed it.  CPP will have an impact and will change game outcomes, especially if the team is using multiple players (3+ or more).  It could bite them in the arse in the long run if they don't be careful and use it too often.  
Just my bitter two cents!

I'm guessing it will be hard to use "3+ or more" since the limit is 3 players on a game day roster.  I haven't heard of an instance where 3 were used in a LHGCL match.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 21/03/14, 06:11 pm

Yeah...my mistake meant to write 2+. I know it's only 3...brain fart I guess. I'm sure the day will come when 3 will be used. The waters are just being tested....
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 23/03/14, 01:31 pm

OK you shakers and bakers. The majority of votes missed on the Sting Parker/Solar Gold game. You were on target on the Mustangs Bussey/FC Dallas Premier and Sting Ferretti/DTFW games. You were a bit squeaky on the Dallas Texans/Mustangs Navy game. And you totally missed on the FC Dallas/Feet game.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 26/03/14, 08:03 pm

Bussey over SG 1.0. I didn't get to see it. Will wait for others to comment. Know injuries hurt SG tonight.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 26/03/14, 10:18 pm

FCP 0-0 sting F
East 3-1 Spence
Big blue 5-0 Feet
DTN 1-0 dTfw

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

OK, Missed tonight but here goes Saturday D2 Empty what they didn't tell you

Post by thewall00 27/03/14, 09:04 am

I heard SF lost a couple of players in the fall season due to drama, not injuries. Shocked 
thewall00
thewall00
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 27/03/14, 09:23 am

dadof3 wrote:Bussey over SG 1.0. I didn't get to see it. Will wait for others to comment. Know injuries hurt SG tonight.

Maybe Bussey is what hurt SG last night. SG had 2 called back because of offside calls (1 legit, 1 certainly in question). Quality battle in my opinion.

As to others:

1. SF has hit a roadblock with some drama; unfortunate for the coach as I think he's a good coach. FCP, I'm surprised, didn't win this one.  They're better than they've been performing. 2. East over Spence no surprise; East has been on the CPP train so not sure how strong they are, really.  They still have Blue and Bus in their final 3, so we'll see how the East coach plays his cards...straight up or borrowed. Last 3 games a team can only have one CPP active. 3. Big Blue must have been a bit angry?  Although at glance, Feet was holding their own going into the wind in the first half, and it was only 1-0 I think at the half. Something changed. 4. DTN gets off the schnide with the 1-0 over the Westies.  Kinda surprised as I figured FTW would've taken this one.  Maybe the weekday drive in right after school is a tough hurdle.

The Bus is in control and controls it all, Blue needs some help, and Gold is now mathematically eliminated from the top spot. Best of luck to all as the final 3 games wind it all down.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beast 27/03/14, 11:27 am

dadof3 wrote:Bussey over SG 1.0. I didn't get to see it. Will wait for others to comment. Know injuries hurt SG tonight.
I agree with what backofthenet said, maybe Bussey was just the better team last night. Don't make excuses, give credit where credit is due. That being said, SG is a quality team and has earned their spot in the top 3. I watched a little if the game and wind was a big factor and SG was offsides as much as they were on. But overall seemed to be a good, well played game.

Saw a bit of the feet and SCP game. Not sure what happened to feet second half. Guessing sting wore feet out first half with the wind and they had nothing left.

It is officially a two horse race between Bussey and SCP. SG is mathematically eliminated. Both teams have worked hard and whoever ends up on top deserves to be there.
beast
beast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 27/03/14, 01:05 pm

backofthenet wrote:

Maybe Bussey is what hurt SG last night. SG had 2 called back because of offside calls (1 legit, 1 certainly in question). Quality battle in my opinion.

As to others:

1. SF has hit a roadblock with some drama; unfortunate for the coach as I think he's a good coach. FCP, I'm surprised, didn't win this one.  They're better than they've been performing. 2. East over Spence no surprise; East has been on the CPP train so not sure how strong they are, really.  They still have Blue and Bus in their final 3, so we'll see how the East coach plays his cards...straight up or borrowed. Last 3 games a team can only have one CPP active. 3. Big Blue must have been a bit angry?  Although at glance, Feet was holding their own going into the wind in the first half, and it was only 1-0 I think at the half. Something changed. 4. DTN gets off the schnide with the 1-0 over the Westies.  Kinda surprised as I figured FTW would've taken this one.  Maybe the weekday drive in right after school is a tough hurdle.

The Bus is in control and controls it all, Blue needs some help, and Gold is now mathematically eliminated from the top spot. Best of luck to all as the final 3 games wind it all down.

Only have commentary to this game...wind and fouls a factor in this game. North scored first half on free kick located on right side about 20 yards out (?? Disclaimer... my gauge of distance is not so good!) with the wind in their favor. Good goal. North put lots of pressure on Westies first half with Westies get only a few opportunities. Westies on North half almost entire second half and many scoring chances but couldn't find the net. Westies had almost the same exact free kick in the second but on left side a few yards further out and hits the cross bar, no goal.
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 27/03/14, 03:17 pm

backofthenet wrote:

As to others:

Whole-heartedly agree with yor post. For SG, just like the SCP game, this one could have gone either way or ended in a tie from the numerous people to whom I have spoke about it with. SG has played the gauntlet of Feet, SCP and Bussey in the last week...No excuses, would have to play them eventually, but quality opponents eventually get you.

I think this needs a new topic...predictions for final standings...Ina?!?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down