North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Clubs in Financial Trouble? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Clubs in Financial Trouble?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clubs in Financial Trouble? Empty Clubs in Financial Trouble?

Post by 10sDad 14/05/14, 08:50 am

I see quips and insinuations flying around about certain clubs being in financial trouble and either not paying coaches, or stuggling in other ways.

This is a serious accusation, and can be major deciding influence for prospective players.  I have heard rumors about Rush and Sting mentioned recently, and there may have been others.  For obvious revenue reasons, the clubs are not going to be very forthcoming if they are having financial stability concerns.

For those of you on a club in financial trouble, it doesn't mean the end of the world.  Cash flow issues can happen in any business, and it can be managed.  Andromeda went through MAJOR financial issues a few years ago, that ended up with them losing their practice facility (now DSP).  But the club is still alive and well (and paying their coaches - or so I have heard)  Smile 

Instead of going off of rumor and innuendo...Does anybody know the details behind which clubs are having issues, what their short-term mitigation plans are, as well as their plans for the future?  I think it would be a benefit for folks currently on those clubs that may be worrying, and also those that may be considering those clubs.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Clubs in Financial Trouble? Empty Re: Clubs in Financial Trouble?

Post by ElClassico 14/05/14, 09:16 am

Rumor and Innuendo? Nah that never happens here.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 14/05/14, 09:20 am

10sDad wrote:I see quips and insinuations flying around about certain clubs being in financial trouble and either not paying coaches, or stuggling in other ways.

This is a serious accusation, and can be major deciding influence for prospective players.  I have heard rumors about Rush and Sting mentioned recently, and there may have been others.  For obvious revenue reasons, the clubs are not going to be very forthcoming if they are having financial stability concerns.

For those of you on a club in financial trouble, it doesn't mean the end of the world.  Cash flow issues can happen in any business, and it can be managed.  Andromeda went through MAJOR financial issues a few years ago, that ended up with them losing their practice facility (now DSP).  But the club is still alive and well (and paying their coaches - or so I have heard)  Smile 

Instead of going off of rumor and innuendo...Does anybody know the details behind which clubs are having issues, what their short-term mitigation plans are, as well as their plans for the future?  I think it would be a benefit for folks currently on those clubs that may be worrying, and also those that may be considering those clubs.

Hard for me to believe Sting is in any financial trouble. They have a stable of girls teams, a boys division that they are developing and a clothing line to support it all. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if the accounting was done to benefit the many number of entities owned by Brent.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 14/05/14, 09:52 am

OK...let's put it this way...

Rumor:  Rush is crumbling under its own weight (overly aggressive expansion plans) and can't make coaches payroll.  Coaches not getting paid = coaches leaving.

Rumor:  Brent's personal assets are tied up in the federal investigation, and he has been skimming from Sting/Vola to get play money without documentation.  Raising fees/prices, cutting coach's pay and getting creative with accounting.  Cutting coach's pay = coaches leaving.

Fact or Fiction?  Any others?  Or should we just forego the facts and just talk rumors?   Twisted Evil
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 14/05/14, 10:08 am

Well, I'm at Sting and they have not raised fees in 3 years and Sting continues to add coaches...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 14/05/14, 10:08 am

10sDad wrote:OK...let's put it this way...

Rumor:  Rush is crumbling under its own weight (overly aggressive expansion plans) and can't make coaches payroll.  Coaches not getting paid = coaches leaving.

Rumor:  Brent's personal assets are tied up in the federal investigation, and he has been skimming from Sting/Vola to get play money without documentation.  Raising fees/prices, cutting coach's pay and getting creative with accounting.  Cutting coach's pay = coaches leaving.

Fact or Fiction?  Any others?  Or should we just forego the facts and just talk rumors?   Twisted Evil

Yeah, completely forgot about the guilty plea to the gambling. Still awaiting sentencing for that.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 14/05/14, 10:10 am

soccersounder wrote:Well, I'm at Sting and they have not raised fees in 3 years and Sting continues to add coaches...

I've heard select fees were $2,500 3 years ago and as of last year, they were $2,800.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 14/05/14, 10:26 am

10sDad wrote:OK...let's put it this way...

What coaches left Sting due to pay cuts?  Please don't say Q.  While he did leave, it was more of a mutual agreed upon departure and a lifeline from the Texans than anything like what you've alluded to.  

According to the news reports back in August, BC plead guilty to the charges around a year ago and is awaiting sentencing, not for the investigation to be complete.

Last edited by Gunners on 14/05/14, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcleatsoccerfan 14/05/14, 10:26 am

i just heard of a rush coach recently leaving and going to ayses but have no idea if it was due to not getting paid. seems like sting just took on a bunch of coaches and then lost some as well.....who knows? I certainly hope not - we need the competition and there are some good families on that program. what is wrong with people?!?
blackcleatsoccerfan
blackcleatsoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 14/05/14, 10:27 am

I honestly have no idea on this topic....But you mentioned something about RUSH.

Yesterday...... '04 Jenson announced that his team is moving over from RUSH over to AYSES  Question
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 14/05/14, 10:30 am

I heard Liverpool is strapped for cash, because of the money that was needed to pay-off all the people that Luis Suarez has bitten.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 14/05/14, 10:36 am

oldboot wrote:I heard Liverpool is strapped for cash, because of the money that was needed to pay-off all the people that Luis Suarez has bitten.

Not to mention the years of therapy for the team who watched their title fade away in 11 minutes. Give me a tissue Tito.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wilatnus 14/05/14, 10:44 am

Spring brings many events to North Texas; the Nelson, the Wildflower Festival, Mavs 1st round playoff loss and the inevitable NTX soccer club that folds due to a complete lack of any outside oversight of the financials.

So great to see Liverpool lose it ....
wilatnus
wilatnus
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 14/05/14, 10:56 am

Lakedad wrote:
oldboot wrote:I heard Liverpool is strapped for cash, because of the money that was needed to pay-off all the people that Luis Suarez has bitten.

Not to mention the years of therapy for the team who watched their title fade away in 11 minutes.  Give me a tissue Tito.

LP lost the title the second the game ended against Chelsea. The Crystal Palace tie ended up having no bearing on the outcome.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 14/05/14, 11:27 am

soccerdad1969 wrote:
Lakedad wrote:

Not to mention the years of therapy for the team who watched their title fade away in 11 minutes.  Give me a tissue Tito.

LP lost the title the second the game ended against Chelsea. The Crystal Palace tie ended up having no bearing on the outcome.

Speaking of Chelsea, I hear they are having financial problems too - wonder if their coaches are getting paid?
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 14/05/14, 11:30 am

The news about Rush in financial trouble is not news at all.  That's been rumored for months.  But I would be very surprised if Sting and LP are hurting.  Besides, it's flower planting season.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 14/05/14, 11:42 am

Sting in trouble is a joke..they are expanding.

Rush coaching departures are quite a few, but I suspect that is because the new wore off and everyone realized they are just another club..not the mega savior that was expected.

Gerrard's slip was beautifully painful to watch. I am no LP fan, but a guy that has given his life to that club slipping and giving up that goal was just unbelievable.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/14, 11:55 am

wilatnus wrote:Spring brings many events to North Texas; the Nelson, the Wildflower Festival, Mavs 1st round playoff loss and the inevitable NTX soccer club that folds due to a complete lack of any outside oversight of the financials.

So great to see Liverpool lose it ....
Great season for Man Utd! Not to mention they have more debt than any other club in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazuca 14/05/14, 12:20 pm

tpitty wrote:Sting in trouble is a joke..they are expanding.

Rush coaching departures are quite a few, but I suspect that is because the new wore off and everyone realized they are just another club..not the mega savior that was expected.

Gerrard's slip was beautifully painful to watch. I am no LP fan, but a guy that has given his life to that club slipping and giving up that goal was just unbelievable.

He did miss the touch before the slip.  The result may have been the same even without the slip?  Still hard to watch for the reasons you stated.
Brazuca
Brazuca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 14/05/14, 01:10 pm

I would like to know how coaches are paid?

Monthly, Semi-Monthly, once a season? etc? etc? etc?

What if a parent pays for it all upfront....do they get thier money all at that time? (minus the Clubs %)
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 14/05/14, 01:14 pm

I doubt that Sting has any issues, but what's your point?

Many a business has continued to expand right up to the day they go off the cliff. Often times over expansion is the fundamental cause.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 14/05/14, 01:31 pm

Lefty wrote:

I doubt that Sting has any issues, but what's your point?

Many a business has continued to expand right up to the day they go off the cliff.  Often times over expansion is the fundamental cause.

All you have to do is go out to UTD on a Saturday during Classic League games and try to find a field that doesn't have at least one Sting team playing on it.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdadof1 14/05/14, 01:40 pm

SocDad wrote:I would like to know how coaches are paid?

Monthly, Semi-Monthly, once a season? etc? etc? etc?

What if a parent pays for it all upfront....do they get thier money all at that time? (minus the Clubs %)

Most coaches are paid on a monthly basis. If a parent pays quarterly or bi-annual for example the clubs hold the funds and disperses them to the coach when they process monthly payroll. I'm sure some do it differently but this is the norm.
DDdadof1
DDdadof1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerF@n 14/05/14, 01:49 pm

I don't know anything about sting or their financial standing. ..but these reasons you all are using to justify (probably to yourselves) that they are doing great do not mean that they cannot be in trouble....Lefty hit the nail on the head...They could be expanding rapidly to make up for some shortcomings. ..There are plenty of parents here in NTX willing to cough up the money so they can say their Lil Susie plays for Sting...What happens to that money once it gets into the organization will then determine how financially stable the brand is...

$occerF@n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Capocannoniere 14/05/14, 01:57 pm

Rush filed a notice of termination with the Secretary of State last week for their registered Texas corporation. Also ,their Director of Administration refuses to provide any information about their current board members or registered agent(s), so that's a pretty good sign that the club is on its last leg...
Capocannoniere
Capocannoniere
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next