North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'04 King TuT 7/18 - 20 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'04 King TuT 7/18 - 20

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

'04 King TuT 7/18 - 20 - Page 3 Empty Re: '04 King TuT 7/18 - 20

Post by Nocrying 16/07/14, 12:34 pm

So should I be worried if none of the 20 coaches we played for have not called????? Laughing 

Just a little humor ppl. Good luck to all this weekend!!

Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 12:54 pm

Nocrying wrote:So should I be worried if none of the 20 coaches we played for have not called????? Laughing 

Just a little humor ppl.  Good luck to all this weekend!!  

What do you mean by PPL? Are you saying our daughters will be playing in PPL and not LHGCL.... Bigbird?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocrying 16/07/14, 12:59 pm

people= ppl.
Nocrying
Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by purezen 16/07/14, 01:06 pm

Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:You tell us Clean..  Was losing 3-1 to Odyssey a fluke?  Heard Odyssey had a new addition from DT Scott.  Is this true?

I believe the DT Scott player you are referring to ending landing with Sting West, which makes their seeding in King Tut even worse.  She was a strong player up top and would have been a great addition to our team (Odyssey).  At the same time, our Mids and Forwards are finally figuring out how to work together to get the ball in the back of the net, which we had been struggling with for the past 6 - 9 months.  Our defense has always been our strength and we did pick up 2 solid additions there.  This weekend will be telling for us and for a lot of other teams.  

On a related note, we scrimmaged Sting Gutierrez (Donavan) this past Saturday and their team looked a little different (only had one sub).  Someone told me they had lost a player or two to RASE (or Dalglish)?  Not sure if this is true . . . I will be curious to see how the LP Elite and Premier teams look come qualifying.  Heard both teams retained their core but welcomed quite a few new additions as well.  Like many, I wished they would have played in King Tut.

This weekend will be informative as to which teams have gotten stronger and which ones weaker with all of the recent player movement up to signing.

Good luck this weekend to all the girls - have fun, play hard, and get better.  To all of us parents - let's be encouraging and respectful.  Soccer is a great game - like so many sports, though, screaming and ranting and complaining rarely has any positive impact on the players, the refs, and the opposing team.

cheers 
purezen
purezen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandalorian 16/07/14, 03:22 pm

Man, I stepped into a meeting and I fell way behind!

Logansdaddy- Thanks and sweet avatar!

Sweetfeet- I have no idea who they replaced the Scott goalie with or why. I just saw her playing with Stark. She seemed pretty good at Scott.

Soccer chuck- Thanks for the warm welcome! BTW- you didn't get enough credit for the "Entertainment" post. That was great!

Soccerjack- surely you can kick harder than that.

Mandalorian
Mandalorian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 16/07/14, 04:07 pm

Mandalorian wrote:Man, I stepped into a meeting and I fell way behind!

Logansdaddy-  Thanks and sweet avatar!

Sweetfeet- I have no idea who they replaced the Scott goalie with or why.  I just saw her playing with Stark.  She seemed pretty good at Scott.

Soccer chuck-  Thanks for the warm welcome!  BTW- you didn't get enough credit for the "Entertainment" post.  That was great!

Soccerjack- surely you can kick harder than that.

Thanks chewy. Trying to provide a little public service for the people. Good luck to your dd on the pitch...I mean soccer field.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/07/14, 04:56 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:You tell us Clean..  Was losing 3-1 to Odyssey a fluke?  Heard Odyssey had a new addition from DT Scott.  Is this true?

I believe the DT Scott player you are referring to ending landing with Sting West, which makes their seeding in King Tut even worse.  She was a strong player up top and would have been a great addition to our team (Odyssey).  At the same time, our Mids and Forwards are finally figuring out how to work together to get the ball in the back of the net, which we had been struggling with for the past 6 - 9 months.  Our defense has always been our strength and we did pick up 2 solid additions there.  This weekend will be telling for us and for a lot of other teams.  

On a related note, we scrimmaged Sting Gutierrez (Donavan) this past Saturday and their team looked a little different (only had one sub).  Someone told me they had lost a player or two to RASE (or Dalglish)?  Not sure if this is true . . . I will be curious to see how the LP Elite and Premier teams look come qualifying.  Heard both teams retained their core but welcomed quite a few new additions as well.  Like many, I wished they would have played in King Tut.

This weekend will be informative as to which teams have gotten stronger and which ones weaker with all of the recent player movement up to signing.

Good luck this weekend to all the girls - have fun, play hard, and get better.  To all of us parents - let's be encouraging and respectful.  Soccer is a great game - like so many sports, though, screaming and ranting and complaining rarely has any positive impact on the players, the refs, and the opposing team.

I will clear the rumor up now. The RASE team is intact as a whole not just the core with a dalglish player and a DTS player added. Dalglish was also intact with I believe a couple of players added. Both teams are stable rosters so should be exactly what they were before
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 05:05 pm

go99 wrote:

I will clear the rumor up now.  The RASE team is intact as a whole not just the core with a dalglish player and a DTS player added.  Dalglish was also intact with I believe a couple of players added.  Both teams are stable rosters so should be exactly what they were before

Thank god...I've been worried about this all day.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/07/14, 05:12 pm

glad I could help  Very Happy 
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 16/07/14, 05:31 pm

go99 wrote:

I will clear the rumor up now.  The RASE team is intact as a whole not just the core with a dalglish player and a DTS player added.  Dalglish was also intact with I believe a couple of players added.  Both teams are stable rosters so should be exactly what they were before

Thanks for the clarification - you know how rumors can be. At one point, people were saying numerous girls had left RASE and Dalglish was looking for girls - glad to hear that the teams are intact with little change.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/07/14, 05:32 pm

hooper96 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
sota34 wrote:Sting Guzman in Gold B now. not sure who moved out.

Looks like they swapped them with FCD Central White.

Also fixed the Texans back-back schedule on Friday.

Correct FCD Central White was moved out to accommodate Sting 04 Guzman (Previously Diaz) which should have been in the Platinum Bracket.  On paper and with verification they beat 2 of the 3 teams in Platinum B.  They did beat LP Redknapp twice and Sting East once in league play so they should have without a question been a Platinum team. Not Sure what was overlooked but JM at least was able to talk them into playing Gold.  IMHO, they still should have put them in Platinum and the LP Redknapp Team should have moved down but still in place of FCD Central White.

Not sure what you're basing your HO off of, but Redknapp went 2-1-1 against the teams in their bracket this past season with 3 shut-outs. A lot has changed in the past 3 months for each of those teams and the others mentioned.  It will be a good group with some competitive games and looking forward to the challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/07/14, 05:45 pm

soccerjack wrote:
go99 wrote:

Whew! I'm so relieved, I thought you might be losing sleep over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 06:36 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
go99 wrote:

Thanks for the thought clean, but I'm afraid my worries have just been magnified. Now I will lay awake thinking about seeing goes polished body of work at the ppl qualifiers. Just hope we don't have to play him at king tut.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 16/07/14, 06:42 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
go99 wrote:

Thanks for the thought clean, but I'm afraid my worries have just been magnified. Now I will lay awake thinking about seeing goes polished body of work at the ppl qualifiers.  Just hope we don't have to play him at king tut.

Speaking of polished bodies, you should see what I've got going on below my headshot.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 07:01 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
go99 wrote:

Thanks for the thought clean, but I'm afraid my worries have just been magnified. Now I will lay awake thinking about seeing goes polished body of work at the ppl qualifiers.  Just hope we don't have to play him at king tut.

Speaking of polished bodies, you should see what I've got going on below my headshot.

Phfffphff. I like the way you roll. So from one a$$ to another...don't you think those moose are kinda goofy. I mean you can't even say it in a plural form. "Meese maybe". An avatar speaks volumes.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/07/14, 07:05 pm

soccerjack wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
go99 wrote:

Phfffphff. I like the way you roll. So from one a$$ to another...don't you think those moose are kinda goofy. I mean you can't even say it in a plural form. "Meese maybe". An avatar speaks volumes.
Yes indeed, avatars speak volumes.

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 07:18 pm

10sDad wrote:
seamusdog wrote:OK, select newbie here, but I do not understand how this tournament format does anything to aid seeding for QT.  By using FBR and separating brackets into small groups of five, you make any  meaningful movement almost impossible.  If you are the top team in your bracket, a good performance keeps you roughly where you are (after all, you didn't play and beat any of the teams above you).  A disappointing performance moves you down a few notches.  If you are the bottom team in your bracket, you may be able to move up a few spots, but you are also essentially protected from any significant fall (after all, you didn't lose to any of the teams seeded below you).    Why not cross-pollinate?  Why not do something that looks more like the QT brackets?  I am genuinely confused as to why so much seeding emphasis is (from what I've heard) placed on a tournament that doesn't really provide much information regarding the post-signing strength of the team.

P.S.  I get that there will be outliers -- teams that tank and tank badly, for instance -- but those will be outliers.  And you still won't be left with any real information as to where those teams "should" be seeded for QT.
It should expose who might be over-rated or under-rated...if they are all assumed to be similar in strength based on previous academy results, a team that lost talent during the signing period, over-performed previously due to guess players, or got stronger due to key pickups during the last couple months will be identifiable beyond a single game result, which quite possibly could be a fluke or a couple unlucky bounces.  
If this seeding method (aka FBR) is correct, all the games should be very close and competitive...a blowout because the TD pitted a top 10 team vs. a 50th ranked team does no good for the players tune up wise, nor does the seeding committee learn anything.  
Now...if a previously top 10 team loses all their games like 3-0 against other top 10 teams, then something is amiss and needs further evaluation as to their seeding.  Likewise, if a team in 15-20 playing similarly ranked teams looks to be unchallenged in their games, they may be under-rated.  Every game should be 0-0 or 1-0 if the rankings are perfect.

Seamus, that was the very same thought I had when I first saw the pairings, I was thinking what is the point of this? Now I tend to agree with 10's, that a true variance would likely show up in the scores, either positive or negative for a given team relative to the opponents in that ranking tier. But now I'm hearing that this is not a "seeding" tournament, but a "tune-up", when, like Seamus also stated, all I had been hearing for the past couple of years is that it's a seeding tourney. If only a tune-up, why are LH folks scouting and what would be their basis for seeding now that rosters are fixed?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 07:28 pm

hooper96 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
sota34 wrote:Sting Guzman in Gold B now. not sure who moved out.

Looks like they swapped them with FCD Central White.

Also fixed the Texans back-back schedule on Friday.

Correct FCD Central White was moved out to accommodate Sting 04 Guzman (Previously Diaz) which should have been in the Platinum Bracket.  On paper and with verification they beat 2 of the 3 teams in Platinum B.  They did beat LP Redknapp twice and Sting East once in league play so they should have without a question been a Platinum team. Not Sure what was overlooked but JM at least was able to talk them into playing Gold.  IMHO, they still should have put them in Platinum and the LP Redknapp Team should have moved down but still in place of FCD Central White.

Did Diaz win those referenced games pre or post-split. I think pre, so your logic takes a bit of a hit. Btw, who is FCD Central White?

Last edited by KnKsDad on 16/07/14, 07:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct Mispelling)

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/07/14, 07:42 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
10sDad wrote:
seamusdog wrote:OK, select newbie here, but I do not understand how this tournament format does anything to aid seeding for QT.  By using FBR and separating brackets into small groups of five, you make any  meaningful movement almost impossible.  If you are the top team in your bracket, a good performance keeps you roughly where you are (after all, you didn't play and beat any of the teams above you).  A disappointing performance moves you down a few notches.  If you are the bottom team in your bracket, you may be able to move up a few spots, but you are also essentially protected from any significant fall (after all, you didn't lose to any of the teams seeded below you).    Why not cross-pollinate?  Why not do something that looks more like the QT brackets?  I am genuinely confused as to why so much seeding emphasis is (from what I've heard) placed on a tournament that doesn't really provide much information regarding the post-signing strength of the team.

P.S.  I get that there will be outliers -- teams that tank and tank badly, for instance -- but those will be outliers.  And you still won't be left with any real information as to where those teams "should" be seeded for QT.
It should expose who might be over-rated or under-rated...if they are all assumed to be similar in strength based on previous academy results, a team that lost talent during the signing period, over-performed previously due to guess players, or got stronger due to key pickups during the last couple months will be identifiable beyond a single game result, which quite possibly could be a fluke or a couple unlucky bounces.  
If this seeding method (aka FBR) is correct, all the games should be very close and competitive...a blowout because the TD pitted a top 10 team vs. a 50th ranked team does no good for the players tune up wise, nor does the seeding committee learn anything.  
Now...if a previously top 10 team loses all their games like 3-0 against other top 10 teams, then something is amiss and needs further evaluation as to their seeding.  Likewise, if a team in 15-20 playing similarly ranked teams looks to be unchallenged in their games, they may be under-rated.  Every game should be 0-0 or 1-0 if the rankings are perfect.

Seamus, that was the very same thought I had when I first saw the pairings, I was thinking what is the point of this? Now I tend to agree with 10's, that a true variance would likely show up in the scores, either positive or negative for a given team relative to the opponents in that ranking tier. But now I'm hearing that this is not a "seeding" tournament, but a "tune-up", when, like Seamus also stated, all I had been hearing for the past couple of years is that it's a seeding tourney. If only a tune-up, why are LH folks scouting and what would be their basis for seeding now that rosters are fixed?

This was posted in response to a similar question (and my similar response) in an '03 thread last night, by someone who has clearly been around the NTX scene far longer, and is far more knowledgeable than I...

Gunner9 wrote:Partially correct.  TUT did mean Tune-Up tournament when it was founded, but FCD had nothing to do with it.  They didn't even exist at the time.  The King was added because it made for some really cool-looking T-shirts the first few years.   I happen to know the guy who named it pretty well   Wink 

Also, QT seeding was never a consideration in forming the TUT. The LHGCL then, as now, did a pretty good job of seeding the QT, using whatever means available including the good old "eye test" of trusted veterans.    Puma cup was the only organized game in town at the time and some coaches were frustrated in having to get to the SF's before they got a competitive match.  The TUT's premise was 4 competitive matches, no trophies.  Parents hated the idea, but most coaches loved it.  

The first few years we relied VERY heavily on input from the coaches and some trusted "eyes" in bracketing the TUT.  It would have been nice to have had the FBR back then.   Very Happy 

Triumph FC wrote:King TuT was actually a Dallas Inter tournament so can't give FC Dallas credit for a play on words  Wink 

Gunner9 wrote:Close Richard, but no cigar.  It was actually a Magic SC tournament prior to their merger with Dallas Inter.

Normally wouldn't respond to that, but since you're such a stickler for details....... lol! 

Last edited by bwgophers on 16/07/14, 07:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 07:44 pm

hooper96 wrote:If you use the last FBR I posted as reference, there were 4 teams that stood out as being "under-seeded" in King TuT.  

Sting Guzman
Sting West
Sparta Red
NTFC Black

Looked at Sting 04 Donovan (Previously Gutierrez).  They have not had good showings in last PrimeTime Tournaments.  They didn't get out of Bracket Play in last tournament but did not drop in Ranking while Guzman (Previously Diaz) made it to Semis and then Dropped in Rankings. This is According to paperwork verification, so this may have been overlooked also.

You factoring in the competition? Not sure without going back and looking, but that one PrimeTime tourney had some beasts. I know because we were there and played both teams. No shame in not getting out of bracket in that one, so not sure you can use that argument with respect to Donovan/Gut vs Guzman. Both are in the mix if you use those results IMO.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 07:48 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
go99 wrote:

A donkey willie? lol

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 16/07/14, 07:58 pm

go99 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification - you know how rumors can be.  At one point, people were saying numerous girls had left RASE and Dalglish was looking for girls - glad to hear that the teams are intact with little change.  

Rumors - you mean like the 2 (or is it 3) that supposedly signed with Stark and the other two that were supposedly gonna sign with Stark that went back to Dalglish?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 08:24 pm

pirat 
KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification - you know how rumors can be.  At one point, people were saying numerous girls had left RASE and Dalglish was looking for girls - glad to hear that the teams are intact with little change.  

Rumors - you mean like the 2 (or is it 3) that supposedly signed with Stark and the other two that were supposedly gonna sign with Stark that went back to Dalglish?

Is this true go?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 16/07/14, 09:02 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:

I'll clear all this up since apparently GO wasn't clear enuff earlier?? Or this is just another stab by knk. Here we go. As usual knk you have no idea what your talking about (Big surprise) ! Dalglish had 14 players. One went to RASE leaving 13 original players Dalglish then and added 2 from Sting. RASE. added one from DTS Both teams are fine w 15 players each.
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 09:27 pm

WingNut wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:

Alright...thanks for the info I'm going to jot this down 13+1+2(2)/2=15....I think I got it now. Let me put this info in my (They really think I care file). It all makes sense now. So will you be handling the numbers for go from here on out?

I'll clear all this up since apparently GO  wasn't clear enuff earlier??  Or this is just another stab by knk.  Here we go. As usual knk you have no idea what your talking about (Big surprise) !  Dalglish had 14 players. One went to RASE leaving 13 original players Dalglish then and added 2 from Sting.  RASE. added one from DTS   Both teams are fine w 15 players each.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 16/07/14, 09:34 pm

Alright...thanks for the info I'm going to jot this down 13+1+2(2)/2=15....I think I got it now. Let me put this info in my (They really think I care file). It all makes sense now. So will you be handling the numbers for go from here on out?

I will try to compile this info for knks so he can analyze the info and then form a response.

Last edited by soccerjack on 16/07/14, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next