North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LP Elite to Solar? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LP Elite to Solar?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

LP Elite to Solar? - Page 2 Empty Re: LP Elite to Solar?

Post by go99 04/02/16, 09:50 am

FCT2016 wrote:
kegsmen wrote:ECNL will be irrelevant in 18 months, so who cares?

It may or may not be irrelevant but DA will be and there is no guarantee LP will get a spot, no matter what the LP folks say.

The only guarantee for DA is FCD. The DA will push FCD into it.

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 04/02/16, 10:22 am

FCT2016 wrote:

It may or may not be irrelevant but DA will be and there is no guarantee LP will get a spot, no matter what the LP folks say.

So you created a new account to post this. Cool

We have 9557 registered users
The newest registered user is FCT2016

Our users have posted a total of 128864 messages in 13611 subjects
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kegsmen 04/02/16, 10:36 am

Did I say anything about LP getting the DA?........

I didn't say anything about who might get the DA, just said ECNL will no longer be the league everyone freaks out about. Enjoy it while it lasts.....
kegsmen
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kegsmen 04/02/16, 11:00 am

go99 wrote:

No difference between ECNL and Development Academy.  You can kiss the right assets to try and get your kid in or your kid can just play.  So if you can make the ECNL you will be able to make the DA.  But elite girls going to solar?  I think they have waaaay bigger concerns right now.  Second half of the season they play all of the top teams in a row.  I am sure all will be gunning for them.  Defeeters looking for redemption, DTS smelling blood in the water, FCD elite trying to conquer the mountain before the reported collapse.  So maybe after they run the gauntlet they can relax and think about next year but for now they had better stay focused or they will be looking at a number of losses almost guaranteeing a breakup

Why would Dfeet, DTS and FCD wanting to beat Elite in the Spring be any different than any other year/season that they have wanted to beat Elite? The talk of team movement comes about EVERY year. What happens if any of the top teams lose or tie when they should win? Typically nothing...

The competition is always there and a battle for the teams involved so the Spring will be exciting each and every week. Don't believe Elite is so thin skinned that losing will implode them. Have to take things one game at a time and continue to improve.
kegsmen
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/02/16, 11:14 am

the talk of team movement wasn't there last year. The rumor of it maybe being the last chance to knock them off the top wasn't there. Nobody really wants to see the top dog disappear they want to knock them off that's why it's different. I don't think it's about being thin skinned although I wouldn't underestimate thin skin. But if you take a loss or few then you are no longer that "elite" team that will attract attention, you are just another good team in CL. The team seems to have a number of girls that would like to play at a higher level. You can either be elite like kicks or jump into the scouting pool of ECNL or DA. But it's not about one game at a time it is about getting to where you want to go in the end.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/02/16, 11:34 am

Oh and just so we are clear I think Elite will run the gauntlet, win the girls international cup, State cup and super copa. The season will finish just like the last. With all the variable coming into next year I am less sure about the team staying together than about their ability to win.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kegsmen 04/02/16, 11:34 am

Whatever......
kegsmen
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/02/16, 11:35 am

I joke a lot but I was told LP was getting in the DA...seriously.
Credible source..Very.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/02/16, 11:41 am

kegsmen wrote:Whatever......
Sad
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 04/02/16, 11:45 am

http://www.ussoccerda.com/overview
they are probably in the selection process.
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by progressiveparent 04/02/16, 11:53 am

go99 wrote:Oh and just so we are clear I think Elite will run the gauntlet, win the VEGAS CUP, girls international cup, State cup and super copa.  The season will finish just like the last.  With all the variable coming into next year I am less sure about the team staying together than about their ability to win.

And He's back
Neutral

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/02/16, 12:02 pm

Never went away you guys were just booooring Twisted Evil

Vegas was a big disappointment (not as big as surf). Going in they beat my expectation and showed not to sleep on them
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 04/02/16, 01:30 pm

Enjoy NPL. Very Happy

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomTeeth 04/02/16, 11:32 pm

If anyone thinks the LP team will remain intact come June 1st, well, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you. Rumor is the top girls will all scatter to the various ECNL clubs.
Disappointing performances in San Diego and Vegas have shown that LP is no longer head and shoulders above its competition the way it was a couple of years ago.
And once DA comes around, ECNL will become a tier two entity. FCD, Texans, and maybe Solar get the DA allocations. For me, this is a more interesting discussion.
WisdomTeeth
WisdomTeeth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 04/02/16, 11:48 pm

WisdomTeeth wrote:If anyone thinks the LP team will remain intact come June 1st, well, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you. Rumor is the top girls will all scatter to the various ECNL clubs.
Disappointing performances in San Diego and Vegas have shown that LP is no longer head and shoulders above its competition the way it was a couple of years ago.
And once DA comes around, ECNL will become a tier two entity. FCD, Texans, and maybe Solar get the DA allocations. For me, this is a more interesting discussion.

I guess you will be enjoying your own beachfront property in Nebraska with Corn Huskers suntan lotion and popcorn.  Once again the rumors are false!
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/02/16, 09:04 am

FWIW... Heard from a source that I consider credible that there will be 2 Girls DA clubs in NTX, and that it is either an absolute requirement, or at least a very strong preference, that the club OWN their training facilities, not lease them.

Same source said FCD will be 1 of the DA clubs, and if the statement about owning the facilities is true, that would appear to lean strongly towards Texans being the 2nd DA club.

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 05/02/16, 09:14 am

Selection

Any club is welcome to apply, but admission is very selective. Applications will be evaluated holistically using the following measures:

National Team Coach Analysis based on U.S. Soccer's Development Philosophy
7 Key Performance Categories
Player Development Effectiveness
Staff, Leadership, Structure, and Qualifications
Style of Play & Philosophy
Training Environment & Personal Development
Facilities & Infrastructure
Respect
Resources
History of Youth National Team and professional player production
History of success in elite competitions
Geography
Impact on existing Academy members
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCT2016 05/02/16, 10:42 am

Heard the same. Fcdallas and Texans. On the LPElite issue it's very early to say yall are staying intact. Tryouts are coming so we will see.

FCT2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/02/16, 12:52 pm

Unfortunately I don't have any "inside sources," but on the website I see three boys clubs listed http://www.ussoccerda.com/all-clubs Texans, Solar and FCD. I would assume the same clubs are a lock for girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccapeeps 05/02/16, 01:04 pm

WisdomTeeth wrote:If anyone thinks the LP team will remain intact come June 1st, well, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you. Rumor is the top girls will all scatter to the various ECNL clubs.

It's presumptuous to assume that any of them can make an ECNL or a DA team. Maybe they are a bunch of "ok/good" players playing on one team?  Just sayin.....
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 09/03/16, 12:47 am

OLJW wrote:I was sitting with a 2 year starter from this team and her dad watching a HS game recently. I've known the dad for 5 years. I asked her about this possible change. She laughed and said, "we made that up". Believe it, don't believe, but it happened. Pretty funny if the 11 yr olds pulled one over on the adults.

Hmmm....lol

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 09/03/16, 01:04 am

Ah, the nebulous "top" girls. Since damn near all their players are "top" girls, what does "top" mean oh wise one? And does "top" mean one, two, three, four...?

What was disappointing about the Vegas showing? Losing to South on PKs?

Just curious, serious question, does Solar own their facilities?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/03/16, 07:07 am

FCsoccer1 wrote:

Selection

Any club is welcome to apply, but admission is very selective. Applications will be evaluated holistically using the following measures:

National Team Coach Analysis based on U.S. Soccer's Development Philosophy
7 Key Performance Categories
Player Development Effectiveness
Staff, Leadership, Structure, and Qualifications
Style of Play & Philosophy
Training Environment & Personal Development
Facilities & Infrastructure
Respect
Resources
History of Youth National Team and professional player production
History of success in elite competitions
Geography
Impact on existing Academy members

Are all criteria weighted the same?
The criteria receive different weights based on their importance to providing an environment to develop world-class players. The technical components carry the greatest weight.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 09/03/16, 07:17 pm

Regarding the link. The tone and imagery obviously was about the boys side. It will be interesting to see if the girls side have the same financial support. Can't wait to see/hear the bru-ha-ha if they don't.

Oh, and FCD and Texans do have solid financial standing. Solar and LP, not so much.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 09/03/16, 09:35 pm

RightWingDad wrote:http://www.ussoccerda.com/overview

Regarding the link. The tone and imagery obviously was about the boys side. It will be interesting to see if the girls side have the same financial support. Can't wait to see/hear the bru-ha-ha if they don't.

Oh, and FCD and Texans do have solid financial standing. Solar and LP, not so much.

This is laughable and how would you know this??
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 09/03/16, 09:43 pm

I've never been an LP advocate, but what do you base your "not so much" comment on with regard to financial standing? Where does Texans and Solar's financial standing come from? Do either of them have big time backing from across the pond?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next