North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

QT slots available? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

QT slots available?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

QT slots available? Empty QT slots available?

Post by Soccerdood 19/07/16, 11:10 am

Does anyone know for sure how many QT slots available for 00s division? LH site says 4 but heard an LH team was folding and another possibly not making. Sorry, I was not given any team names. Don't want to stir up speculation but curious if anyone knows anything for certain. Thx

Soccerdood
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

QT slots available? Empty Re: QT slots available?

Post by Marvelousmar 19/07/16, 11:13 am

The qualifying says that there is 5. So go under the assumption that there are 5 spots. 9 teams fighting for 5 spots. Should be a fun tourney with inspired games.

First kick goes tonight. GSSC verse some Texas Spirit 00 Team.

Hoping everyone stays safe and that Spirit plays a Spirited match. (argh what a terrible pun)
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 19/07/16, 04:29 pm

It appears that the numbers have changed some from what was originally projected.  This has also happened in other age brackets.  Good luck to you and yours Marvel.  Your crew has been working hard for it.  My DD and her team will be out there tonight as well playing some passionate futbol, so best and healthy qualifier to all.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Huckleberry- 19/07/16, 09:16 pm

Ok, I gotta ask. Newbie, here. Exactly what does DD mean? 'Dear daughter'? I just have to ask, then will return to the shadows.....

Huckleberry-
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 19/07/16, 09:40 pm

Yep, dear daughter.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 25/07/16, 08:28 am

Congrats to Liverpool, Ajax, Spirit and Odyssey! Ajax at their best are a good team defensively and should be competitive in D3. Liverpool had a fantastic game 1 and 4 but stuttered on the Saturday, they got the job done when the needed to. Odyssey and Spirit both look strong and will be competitive too. Good luck to the teams next weekend fighting for that one spot. I think Spirit will be the team to grab that last spot but who knows.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdood 25/07/16, 09:02 am

SGS wrote:Congrats to Liverpool, Ajax, Spirit and Odyssey! Ajax at their best are a good team defensively and should be competitive in D3. Liverpool had a fantastic game 1 and 4 but stuttered on the Saturday, they got the job done when the needed to. Odyssey and Spirit both look strong and will be competitive too. Good luck to the teams next weekend fighting for that one spot. I think Spirit will be the team to grab that last spot but who knows.

Vitesse only allowed 3 goals in 3 games. FCD only allowed 2 goals in 4 games. These are the only 2 playing next week with a positive GD. Spirit gave up 8 goals. On paper the smart money would be on Vitesse or FCD, just going by the numbers from 1st round games.

Soccerdood
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jtaubrey 25/07/16, 10:17 am

Actually if you take away the 10 minutes of mindless play between LP and Spirit that goal difference drops by 4. Spirit had FCD beat easily until a dumb penalty that was probably not even a penalty otherwise that game ends 2-1 spirit. Had that game not been a tie Spirit moves on and Ajax plays next weekend. My money it comes down to spirit and Vitesse. Spirit also beat Ajax on Saturday.

jtaubrey
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 25/07/16, 10:26 am

No comment. (wait me without a comment) I will wait until Sunday to say anything. The one thing I have learned is sometimes numbers don't tell the whole story. You sometimes need to look at how the goals were scored and how the game was played before just looking at raw numbers.

Based on last week. I would seed the tourney this way. ( having watched most every team)

Vitesse would be 1.
Spirit Probably 2
FCD 3
Mutiny 4.

It's Girls so who knows. The one thing I will predict is it probably will never go the way folks think it will go and that's what makes it a game. Good luck to all. Especially Spirit.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knowssoccerstuff 25/07/16, 12:55 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:
It's Girls so who knows.  

Never a truer statement spoken MM.

knowssoccerstuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TX_Timelord 27/07/16, 07:52 am

jtaubrey wrote:Actually if you take away the 10 minutes of mindless play between LP and Spirit that goal difference drops by 4.  Spirit had FCD beat easily until a dumb penalty that was probably not even a penalty otherwise that game ends 2-1 spirit.  Had that game not been a tie Spirit moves on and Ajax plays next weekend.  My money it comes down to spirit and Vitesse.  Spirit also beat Ajax on Saturday.

So basically if we ignore what actually happened, the differential is less than it is in reality. That is a neat trick.

TX_Timelord
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by jtaubrey 27/07/16, 08:02 am

Nope, not telling you to ignore anything. What telling you is the numbers don't always paint a true picture. If you want to be honest, look at the other bracket scores, spirit beat Odyssey with 10 or 11 players, one would say wow, spirit is 3 goals better than Odyssey? Reality of that game was Odyssey didn't Care as they'd already locked up a bid. So, unless you saw the games you can't go truthfully by the numbers.

jtaubrey
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TX_Timelord 27/07/16, 08:13 am

Saw the games, thank you.

For qualifying the numbers that matter are in the table. Spirit 00: 18/FCD 21.

We shall have to wait and see how it plays out next weekend....

TX_Timelord
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by jtaubrey 27/07/16, 08:48 am

TX_Timelord wrote:Saw the games, thank you.

For qualifying the numbers that matter are in the table.  Spirit 00: 18/FCD 21.

We shall have to wait and see how it plays out next weekend....

Since you are a numbers guy and seem to believe they are the answer to all, can you explain this to me?

Grapevine/GSSC goes into qualifier having only given up 2 goals in their entire D1 season of 7 games, yet gives up 8 goals in 4 games during qualifier against many of the same teams they played during league. If you go by numbers and stats they would have been one of the front runners based on statistics (placed higher than FCD east and Mutiny in leauge) The 2 goals was the least by any team in D1, yet they are not even playing in the 2nd weekend.

I am pretty sure you can ask any coach that at the end of the day the numbers don't mean anything as any team can have a bad game just because and same goes the other way.  Perfect example...Spirit beats Ajax 3-2 pretty easily, Ajax beats LP 1-0 (both teams had something to play for) and yet spirit loses to LP 4-0 (again, take away the 10 minutes of mindless play (some coaches say it was 2 minutes of mindless play that were in attendance) and that game is 0-0.  Same scenario for spirit tieing FCD east 2-2, yet FCD ties LP.  

Bottom line, people look too much into numbers, Got soccer rankings, etc.  All of the teams that played last weekend and next weekend are evenly matched in my opinion, but what do I know I guess.

jtaubrey
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just4fun 27/07/16, 09:40 am

"
Grapevine/GSSC goes into qualifier having only given up 2 goals in their entire D1 season of 7 games, yet gives up 8 goals in 4 games during qualifier against many of the same teams they played during league. If you go by numbers and stats they would have been one of the front runners based on statistics (placed higher than FCD east and Mutiny in leauge) The 2 goals was the least by any team in D1, yet they are not even playing in the 2nd weekend. "

GSSC lost their GK and 2 key defenders to other teams already in LH.

just4fun
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdood 27/07/16, 10:11 am

I have no DD on any of the QT teams and have not seen any of the games. Numbers are just indicators, nothing more. In soccer a close game often could have gone either way for several reasons. Justifying a 4-0 loss should have been 0-0 sounds like biased reporting. Some rosters may have changed a lot so hard to compare with last years numbers. Spirit may well win the last spot as they seem to be a competitive team. Sometimes an extra spot opens up even after QT.

Soccerdood
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jtaubrey 27/07/16, 10:15 am

All good stuff....Good luck to any of the teams playing this weekend.

jtaubrey
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 27/07/16, 12:22 pm

Okay I am a numbers guy and understand the numbers don't always paint the whole story. There are matches that you play well in and lose and games where you play bad in and win. I'll use my boys as an example. We played in King Tut. A classic 1 team and we were a Plano 1 team. We won the game 1 nil. I said we had no business winning that game we were out shot 26 to 2. They hit cross bar goal keep made saves after save. We got lucky and escaped with a win. Next game we out shot a boys team 28-2 and the game was a 1-1- tie. That's this game folks. Weird things happen.

LP game ( it's online somewhere I think) In my opinion the game was even for about 17 minutes before the water break. In 2 minutes the following happened. Gave a corner kick to them via a drop to keeper that went a little array. Beautiful goal by LP. Followed by 25 seconds later giving up a goal right down the centre of the park, followed by a questionable PK. Before you know it your down 3 nil game over. We are a team trying to get better at clearing up our mistakes and don't know how we will play this weekend ( I have an idea based on training and correcting some issues) I expect us to play well but things can happen on the pitch. I wouldn't call JT justifying a loss as much as saying what happened. To me LP deserved the game they won the game such is life in America. They number lost to Ajax correct so using the logic there is no way we should have been able to be on the field with Ajax ( that tape is also available for the interested parties online) I felt the girls showed well.

Heck I think we should be the underdog going in this tourney. We were the only Division II Plano team in the bracket. So we should be just happy that we are playing this weekend.

There is no more of a numbers guy then me ( I was an Accounting Major so love numbers) The math is simple there are 4 teams looking to play this weekend for 1 spot. In looking at the teams. I believe we have a 25% chance of getting through. I also believe if we play our best game of which I don't think anyone did last weekend out of any of the 9 teams. We should show fairly well. I gave our teams performance last week a 6/10. ( Again I am a numbers guy) This week hoping for a 7/10. I don't grade on a curve. By the spring I want us playing at a 8 or 9/10 consistently.

Good luck to all the teams that are playing this weekend. Stay hydrated and enjoy the matches.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knowssoccerstuff 27/07/16, 02:53 pm

Just curious. Was is predetermined that only 4 would move to the next weekend? If so, why did Mutiny "advance" and not GSSC?

Not that I disagree. Mutiny seems stronger than the depleted GSSC team. But Mutiny lost all three games. GSSC had a tie and three losses.

knowssoccerstuff
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildone 28/07/16, 12:18 am

knowssoccerstuff wrote:Just curious.  Was is predetermined that only 4 would move to the next weekend?   If so, why did Mutiny "advance" and not GSSC?

Not that I disagree.  Mutiny seems stronger than the depleted GSSC team.  But Mutiny lost all three games.  GSSC had a tie and three losses.  
From the LH website:

"Teams will play all other teams within their bracket. The 1st and 2nd place teams from each Bracket have earned a spot in Lake Highlands Girls Classic League. The 3rd and 4th place teams will advance to Round 2."

It seems rather unfortunate that of 9 teams that start, only 1 team gets knocked out after the 1st round.  But GSSC had the bad luck of being in the bracket of 5.  In the other bracket, the last place team still gets a second chance.  Being undefeated in Plano during the spring can only get you so far...
Wildone
Wildone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 28/07/16, 09:05 am

so much bickering about overpriced rec soccer...............................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 28/07/16, 09:44 am

ItsMeAgain wrote:so much bickering about overpriced rec soccer...............................
Twisted Evil

But that was so much fun.

Hopefully at the end of the weekend those Plano teams are in Classic 3 so they can make statements on how classic 3 is better then classic 2. LOL

Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 28/07/16, 10:31 am

SGS wrote:It's me. Please explain your soccer experience, how great you played the game and then you can crap all over these young ladies who give their heart and soul into this sport. Your arrogance is outstanding and simply offending to this girls. So again, where did you play and at what level.

crapping on these fantastic parents who are posting nonsense.....................not the young ladies.....................thats disgusting............................and theyre not the loud mouths that get on this website and make big deals over nothing....................................and im pretty sure most of these ladies dont truly give their "heart and soul" to the game at the plano or division 3 level at this age................................ill consider your invitation to explain my background and if your deserving of the time it would take ill send you a pm...............................im sure it was at a much higher level then you though....................Rolling Eyes
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 28/07/16, 10:32 am

i see sgs removed the post while I was responding........................almost got away with it
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SGS 28/07/16, 10:33 am

I decided to message you privately to discuss the issue.

SGS
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next